It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End Tooth Sensitivity - Forever (Cure Discovered)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Little background
Most of my life, I suffered from tooth sensitivity. Ice cream, slushies, etc were all too painful for me to even eat. During football in my highschool years I used to dread having to gush cold water into my mouth, cause I knew the water running across my teeth would result in a lot of pain.

Today, my teeth are far from picture perfect, and the lower back two teeth are riddled with cavities. I should have so much tooth sensitivity these days, that I should be spending most of my day in the fetal position crying. Luckily though, I suffer from zero tooth sensitivity now.

Accidental Discovery of the Cure
Years ago I watched Esoteric Agenda for the first time (1. watch clip below), and it was the first time I ever really learned about fluoride. Fluoride is an extremely poisonous chemical.

Source
The 1984 issue of Clinical Toxicology of Commercial Products lists fluoride as more poisonous than lead and just slightly less poisonous than arsenic. It has been used as a pesticide for mice, rats and other small pests. A 10# infant could be killed by 1/100 of an ounce and a 100# adult could be killed by 1/10 of an ounce of fluoride. The Akron Regional Poison Center indicates that a 7 ounce tube of toothpaste contains 199 mg. of fluoride, more than enough to kill a 25# child. Even Procter & Gamble, the maker of Crest, acknowledges that this is true "theoretically, at least." There are documented deaths of infants and children caused by "normal dosage" of fluoride tablets or treatments.

And on and on...

Source
In a number of small villages in Sicily, Turkey and India there is naturally occurring fluoride in the water ranging from 0.7 to 5.4 ppm. Here the villagers and their livestock are chronically ill, while neighboring villages with no fluoride have no such illnesses. Premature aging is the overall effect. Children have brown decaying teeth; young adults often have none. Young men are bent over and crippled with pain in their joints and hips. Their skin is wrinkled and they look 60 at age 30 to 40. There is premature hardening of the arteries, loss of appetite & sex drive by age 30. The rate of stillborn miscarriages by 4 months is extremely high.

So after learning of some of the horrors, I continued to find that there was lack of actual evidence that flouride did ANYTHING for teeth at all.

Studies showed that Dental Fluorosis, caused by flouridating a food or water supply, which results in brown or dark spotting on teeth, pitting in the enamel and other results. Nazipedia even discusses Dental Fluorosis.

Changes I made
Once I realized all the harm being done by fluoride, and the fact that our gums and mouth are good at leeching what goes into our mouth. I got worried about even using toothpaste which has fluoride. Which, interesting enough, every major brand of toothpaste does include fluoride.

So first I completely quit using tooth paste, and just vigorously brushed my teeth clean. After awhile, I missed the fresh smelling breath aspect, and found that at most health food stores, you can buy toothpaste which does NOT contain Fluoride.

At the time, I wasn't the only one both me and a few friends had come across the fluoride information, and we all quit using normal toothpaste. Eventually we were all using fluoride free toothpaste.

Side effects of a Fluoride free life
Now, the only people I can actually speak for are myself and my two friends which I have contact with.

What we found:
- First, our teeth seemed to be brighter, though not like we had gone and got them bleeched, it did seem to make them a tad brighter.
- Next, just recently after asking my friends, we realized that all 3 of us, had completely erased tooth sensitivity.

In fact, none of us can recall exactly, the last time we experienced tooth sensitivity. Stopping the use of fluoride at all while brushing our teeth has completely eliminated it.

I highly suggest that people quit using normal tooth paste which includes fluoride. If you are that concerned, then try it only for a month or two. But I guarantee you will not be disappointed. Tooth sensitivity can ruin a lot of things and change the way you go about life and the foods you eat, so give it a shot.

Fluoride - Esoteric Agenda

[edit on 4-6-2009 by king9072]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Excellent info you've compiled here. All our water is captured rainwater, so we have much less of the fluoride issue.

we came to much the same conclusion two years ago, and since have brushed out teeth with baking soda. Two months ago, we went to our nation's capital, and finally found some fluoride-free toothpaste. Mon, that tastes MUCH better than the bitter saltiness of sodium bicarbonate.

I quit smoking last October, and that helped. My teeth were always kinda yellowish until we quit with the toothpaste. M'Bride and I had tried Crest whitestrips, and that helped somewhat, but seemed very short-term.

Really good thread. I think there's more to this fluoride issue that we know. It's been used in water for a very long time, and when I was a kid, I took it for granted that it was something there for our benefit. That was almost 40 years ago.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
p.s. I always have a couple of mini-jars of oil of clove in our emergency goods. I had a filling come out while getting my teeth cleaned a week ago. They said I'd need a crown, and I agree, but temporarily they filled it with some sort of amalgam, and they called it "medicated". yah. I said, "that smells and tastes like oil of clove". Kindly dentist said, "you're very astute...... that's exactly what it is." So, well......... great, but now I taste cinnamon all day long. ALL day long. I'd rather have tooth sensitivity.

Anyway, just wanted to mention oil of clove for emergency kits. Temporarily knocks out all manner of dental pain.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by argentus
Excellent info you've compiled here. All our water is captured rainwater, so we have much less of the fluoride issue.

we came to much the same conclusion two years ago, and since have brushed out teeth with baking soda. Two months ago, we went to our nation's capital, and finally found some fluoride-free toothpaste. Mon, that tastes MUCH better than the bitter saltiness of sodium bicarbonate.

I quit smoking last October, and that helped. My teeth were always kinda yellowish until we quit with the toothpaste. M'Bride and I had tried Crest whitestrips, and that helped somewhat, but seemed very short-term.

Really good thread. I think there's more to this fluoride issue that we know. It's been used in water for a very long time, and when I was a kid, I took it for granted that it was something there for our benefit. That was almost 40 years ago.

Yes, re-read the 2nd quote for information on what fluoride does when it's consumed in large doses by a society.

Recent findings challenge orthodoxy

Source
As with the new study mentioned above (1), a 2002 study by a research team in Sri Lanka, reported:

"caries prevalence and the mean caries experience were significantly higher in children with (dental fluorosis) than in those without" (7).

Similarly, a 1997 study from a team in Sudan reported:

"analyses based on children in the 2.5 ppm area alone, showed significantly higher DMFT (Decayed, Missing, and Filled Teeth) by increased severity of dental fluorosis" (8).

Earlier, a team from Israel ˆ in two separate papers looking at two separate age groups (9, 10) - reported:

"A statistically significant positive association was found between caries prevalence and fluorosis; the more caries experienced, the more severe the fluorosis level" (10).

Earlier yet, Dr. Arvid Carlsson (a recent winner of the Nobel Prize in Medicine) reported on findings from Sweden which showed:

" more severe degrees of enamel fluorosis are associated with an abnormally high incidence of caries... There is thus no doubt that a high degree of enamel fluorosis causes an increased tendency to caries" (14).

In addition to these findings, a series of recent papers have also reported that tooth decay rates may actually increase as the fluoride level in the water increases (15-18). For example:

In 2002, a research team in Tanzania reported:

" subjects in the high-F (fluoride) and urban Arusha municipality were at a significantly higher risk of dental caries than children in the low-F (fluoride) areas" (15).

In 2001, a research team in South Africa reported:

"Significantly (P < 0.01) more children had decayed teeth in the high F (fluoride) area than in the other two areas. The results suggest a positive association between high F levels in the drinking water and dental caries" (16).

And perhaps most comprehensively, a research team in India (summarizing 30 years of observation) reported:

"Our findings indicate that dental caries was caused by high fluoride and low dietary calcium intakes, separately and through their interactions. Dental caries was most severe and complex in calcium-deficient children exposed to high intakes of endemic fluoride in drinking water" (17).

I once heard a story, historians were excavating an area, and the current society was making pottery urns. On the urns the potters would always place two round balls. When asked about why they did that, the craftsman remarked "It's just how it's always been done".

Upon excavation of the surrounding area, historians discovered old pottery urns which had the two balls, but with nipples on them. The balls were originally put on the urns to represent the female breast. Over the years, the reasoning for putting them on the urn had faded, and people just went along with it cause that is how it was always done.

Unfortunately, that story can be related to many things around us. And it's especially true in this case. I think that at the time the decision was made to use fluoride in our toothpaste and drinking supply enough dentists accepted the evidence that was available. Overtime it has become something that none of them seem to question anymore, they're simply told, fluoride is good, give it to your patients.

Source
The fluoride added to water supplies is an industrial waste byproduct: While fluoride toothpaste is pharmaceutical grade (Sodium Fluoride) & applied directly to teeth, the kind used in water supplies is industrial grade fluoride called Hydrofluosilicic Acid which contains harmful contaminants such as arsenic, barium, cadmium, lead and mercury. It is a byproduct from the phosphate fertilizer industry. Water fluoridation is a cheap way for industry to get rid of their waste and consumers pay the price.

People should not only do their best to NOT use fluoridated toothpaste, but do everything they can to get CLEAN, HEALTHY, drinking water as well. That does not contain fluoride.

EDIT: Interestingly, oil of clove is what is used to stop a condition called "Dry socket" after undergoing the removal of wisdom teeth.

The dentist hands out a pamphlet saying that if you experience the condition, come into the dentist for a 30 minute "treatment" that will cure the condition almost immediately.

And of course, take a load off your wallet as well.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
It makes me sick that 'they' make everyone believe that a poisonous toxin is good for you and you need it. It makes me mad that dentists use it without question. But then again, 'they' want us all to be a sick and dying population who is so weak that we can't even have the energy to think for ourselves or see what is really out there, or what they are really doing.

Cheers to your discovery.....let us just keep telling everyone until one day they make it illegal.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
YUP! I use herbal paste from health store, also Baking Soda, Hydrogen Peroxide 6%Volume 20, (follow diluting instructions). You can get a bottle from your chemists. It's so cheap, great for oral hygene and keeps teeth stain free. I also use home made mouth rinse with essential Oils in distilled water. All that money saved and no poisinous toxins too.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Ive given you a flag and a star, I'm going to try this, I hope it is true, I will report back.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by gYvMessanger
Ive given you a flag and a star, I'm going to try this, I hope it is true, I will report back.

Well, it all kind of dawned on me a short while back. I was drinking a nice large glass of lemonade and it was super hot outside, and it was ice cold. After drinking it, I was like wow I remember when my teeth used to hurt soooo much from sensitivity.

At one point, I had even bought "Sensodyne" or something like that, which is a toothpaste that alleviates tooth sensitivity. Only problem is that the second you quit using it, it's back with a vengeance.

So after having my small epiphany I quickly got on the phone with the two friends I mentioned prior, and started quizzing them. Short conversation later, and we all came to the same conclusion that none of us had tooth sensitivity anymore, and we had ALL suffered from it in the past.

None of us had had any dental work done that would have solved the problem. The only thing we had all changed, was that we weren't using fluoridated toothpaste any longer.

Though it would be nice to hear the same story from 100 people, I only just realized the relation. But I am willing to guarantee that it will work in your situation, and I hope you try, because tooth sensitivity is truly the smallest benefit of removing fluoride from your body.

Upon further discussion, none of us seems to remember exactly how long it took for sensitivity symptom to disappear, it was something that just happened, and like a sore thumb, once it was gone, we never thought about it. But I think you will likely notice a difference within a couple weeks. Keep in mind, at the start I did not even know that toothpaste could be found that did not contain fluoride, so I just went on brushing my teeth as normal with no paste.

A quick google search will bring up a variety of home made tooth pastes you can create, or you can find a retailer in your area.

Good luck!

Also note: I do not drink or cook with tap water, as my area undergoes fluoride treatment with industrial waste.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
And I came to this thread thinking it was going to be about removing the alien implants that are in your molars!

Seriously though, if Fluoride is so safe to put in the drinking water, then why does every OTC product that contains Fluoride come with Warning Labels that specifically say "Keep out of reach of children. If accidentally swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away"? Why do the Directions tell you "...be careful to spit out. Do not swallow!"?

And we are talking about amounts that are 0.05% Sodium Fluoride (or 0.02% with fluoride ion)!

Yes, it may help prevent cavities caused by the 120 ounces of soda, and 2000 calories of refined sugar the average American consumes on a daily basis that promote tooth decay and destroy the enamel of the teeth. However, it is a poison! It says so on the label! Wouldn't it just be better to convince people to stop rotting out their teeth with a 6 pack of sodas and the processed refined sugar that equates out to an entire acre of sugar cane plantation a day?

Really, what kind of sadistic mom from the 1950's thought up putting Fluoride in the drinking water to begin with? The same kind of mom that took Thalidomide while pregnant to ease morning sickness? The same kind of mom who thought putting Methylaid on her child every time they were injured, sick or needing medical attention as if it would somehow make it all better? The same kind of mom that chain smoked a carton of Lucky brand cigarettes a day while holding her child to her breast? The same kind of mom that had her children work in a Uranium Sweatshop to paint glow-in-the-dark hands on clocks? Because really, that's some tough love, I'll tell you what!

(Thankfully my degree is in Archaeology and Near Eastern Studies where being an American or having perfect teeth like an American is a liability, and often a matter of life and death.)

[edit on 4-6-2009 by fraterormus]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

IT IS OF MY OPINION:
That the conventional knowledge and evidence that supports the use of fluoride for tooth decay prevention has been pushed on us by people with profit in mind, not tooth decay.

When it was first inflicted on us, they simply got all the dentists to believe it, and now I am sure in Dentist school it's not even discussed, other than the "numerous benefits". I think it's merely a myth that has been perpetuated.

I think we can all recall seeing a picture of the old advertisements where doctors proclaimed that smoking was safe, and (insert percentage) of doctors smoked camels.

But after learning about Fluoride and its negative effects, and upon looking into it further. It became apparent that fluoride causes just as many problems as it solves in relation to protecting the teeth.

Dental Fluorosis being the most devastating negative effect.

So if it does as much damage to my teeth as it solves, and its a highly toxic chemical PROVEN, then why should fluoride be ANYWHERE near humans in general. At all?

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Yes, I have found an excellent toothpaste I have been ordering and after only a few days I had the same results, reduced sensitivity (which kept reducing the longer I use it) and much whiter, shinier teeth.

If anyone is interested can u2u me and I will give you the name and a coupon code as well.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I am fully behind you that flouride has not proven to be good for us, but I have a contradicting story. I just in the last week switched to a natural toothpaste, (Tom's) which does not contain flouride. Now, my teeth have started to become sensitive in the last few days. I don't know that it is from the new toothpaste, it may not be, but thought I'd share this tidbit. It is very frustrating though, that you can not find any brands of toothpaste out there, but this one I just bought, without flouride in a regular store. I remember reading years back that the flouride in toothpaste is a waste product of the metals (aluminum?) industry and this is the best way to sell off that biproduct-to toothpaste companies!

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I use Sensodyne toothpaste because my tooth sensitivity comes from grinding and from impacted wisdom teeth.

But generally I agree. Tom's has always been my favorite toothpaste brand.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I had meant to say also that every time I went to the dentist as a kid I had to undergo those gawd-awful flouride treatments. Anyone remember those? I had so many cavities and fillings and they had been refilled many times due to cracks and loosening with age, it got to where at 43 they were saying I needed root canals and crowns on all of my molars. Instead, I opted to have them all pulled and get partials. Best thing I ever did. The dentist got mad, but I told him my insurance only pays 1200 a year and at that rate, 32,000 to fix them was out of the question, but all the ones I have still and in the front have improved since using all natural toothpastes without flouride.

Somone told me there was something in Toms that is not good for you either - sudsing agent maybe? - but I can't remember what it was. I liked it too though.

[edit on 6/5/09 by opal13]

[edit on 6/5/09 by opal13]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Interesting post King 9072. I've been using Sensodyne and that works for me. I've got the tube here and it says: "Maximum Strength With Fluoride". So, perhaps they're using one ingredient, potassium nitrate, to correct the side-effects of another. Fortunately our water supply is not fluoridated. We used baking soda at times when we were kids as a switch from toothpaste. It's worth looking into this fluoride deal as I definately have sensitivity. This wouldn't be the first time an industry made business for itself in such a manner.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
This is just what it is your own personal account.
Im in the orthodontic laboratory business and as far as floride poison's...I'm sorry the amount of floride in tooth paste along with the other active agents in the tooth paste...there isn't enough there to do any damage... Everyone is different everyone has different reactions to any type of chemical or compound used in or on your body...This is just what it is.. your account is one that is GREAT you dicovered your relief of your tooth discomfort. But your findings may only apply to a certain hand full or it might be wide spread and you may solve thousands of others problems who share the same discomfort. But adverse results from dental use is very small in scope of the number of users and your gonna find that in any product. If you fear floride then Ultrdent is a sealant that is far more effective than floride sealants and fillers. Its titt for tatt...For every finding you say floride is bad there is ten saying it's good... It's your own personal reaction to any thing... Studies can be slighted by means of which side of the ball is stroking the check to fund that study...

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I just wanted to point out that toothpaste is generally only effective cosmetically and to rid the tongue of plaque.
Any dentist will tell you that the formation of cavities is due mainly to two factors: DNA and flossing! Flossing being hugely important to gum care and in getting foodstuffs out from between teeth where they can form plaque.
Fluoride is terrible. If only there was a filter to get it out of our water.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by argentus
p.s. I always have a couple of mini-jars of oil of clove in our emergency goods. I had a filling come out while getting my teeth cleaned a week ago. They said I'd need a crown, and I agree, but temporarily they filled it with some sort of amalgam, and they called it "medicated". yah. I said, "that smells and tastes like oil of clove". Kindly dentist said, "you're very astute...... that's exactly what it is." So, well......... great, but now I taste cinnamon all day long. ALL day long. I'd rather have tooth sensitivity.

Anyway, just wanted to mention oil of clove for emergency kits. Temporarily knocks out all manner of dental pain.

You have no idea how important this is.

Years ago I was miles from nowhere with a very bad toothache. Luckily I had a small bottle of clove oil and it is indeed a godsend.

You don't need a lot. A little on a small cotton swab stuck in your tooth does the trick and doesn't take up any room at all in your pack.

Even if you have perfect teeth, you might break one and this could save a lot of discomfort.

As a side note, how does it work? It works instantly but I would like to know what it is about clove oil that makes it a wonder pain killer for the mouth.

Guess that's not as important as just knowing it works.

But I am curious

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by angst18

If I remember correctly, the only way to get it out of your water is a reverse osmosis filtration system. Or something like that. You can buy them, but they are a little pricey. but its supposed to take out all the stuff people put into the water.

edit to add link:
www.freedrinkingwater.com...

[edit on 5-6-2009 by Brainbow]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I haven't used toothpaste since I was 10. My own dentist recommended using a paste made from baking soda and peroxide because my teeth stained very easily. I still use this.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join