It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End Tooth Sensitivity - Forever (Cure Discovered)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
The first is to help cleanse certain aspects of water.

ok i am sorry this just does not seem logical

to "clean" water you ADD a Chemical to it???

that sounds more like Contaminating it to me

Clean water does not have chemicals in it other than h2o and the normal minerals

adding industrial byproducts is unbelievably irresponsible and absurd

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
There are several tooth powders that have no flouride. Bakind soda is also good. What is excellent for oral health in general is Raw Palm Oil. You can buy it at a middle eastern, some large asian, and rare Indian grocery stores. Indian grocery stores also have non-flouride tooth powder. However, this plague is spreading world wide so look carefully. Raw Palm Oil is worth the time to look for. Perhaps it can be purchased on line as well. A cap full is sufficient. A small bottle will last years. Palm Oil is also one of the best cooking oils. Look for the orange bottle.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Oh my goodness. You should be able to get a print out from your water supplier as to what all it contains. Might be a real eye opener for you.

My local water comes from a lake which has fish, frogs, snakes, water skis, boats, and little children swimming. (If you know what I mean).

How do you suppose they get all that bacteria out of your water before they pipe it to your home?

Maybe you have well water; in that case you would not have the chemicals. Or perhaps you live in an area with natually clean water.

But those of us who have city water from local sources...
well, it must be cleaned before we can use it, and it goes through a long process of filtering and cleansing before it comes to our homes. They use chemicals to clean it and disinfect it.

I have visited some areas where the water has so much chlorine, it smells like a public swimming pool! Chlorine, too, is a chemical. Anyway, don't take my word for it, look into it. But don't necessarily be alarmed at what you find. Most of the chemicals are said to be in such small amounts they are supposedly harmless. It is of course, a matter of opinion, whether one chooses to believe that.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by opal13

Hi Opal, I have a tube of Tom's of Maine in front of me

Here are the ingredients: Calcium Carbonate, water, glycerin, xylitol, Chondrus crispus, sodium lauryl sulfate, natural flavour (aroma) d-limonene, commiphora myrrha, Propolis cera

Not sure if any of the above is harmful, if anyone knows if any of the above ingredients is harmful, please let us know.

I know Calcium Carbonate is Lime/chalk, I don't believe this to be harmful to humans??

There website address is: www.tomsofmaine.com

I purchased this very cheaply from Home Bargains in the UK, It cost less than £1

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Fluoride has nothing to do with tooth sensitivity. Even in this thread of a dozen people there is already one guy saying the opposite and most not experiencing your sensitivity issue.

Plus, I doubt anyone is fluoride free. Processed food mostly contains some fluoride if the water used to make it contained fluoride.

You probably don't eat all natural fruits and vegetables and fresh butcher cuts but if you do, remember that rain contains fluoride as well.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
After researching 'Project Paperclip' and then the history of fluoride, my decision was made; I have minimized my fluoride intake as much as possible for a couple of years now (save for bathwater and the occasional non-carbonated beverage during an evening out).

I had determined that I suffer from moderate dental fluorosis (my dentist could not explain the mottled pits or white spots, and dismissed my concerns by telling me it was 'just how my teeth developed'). I also suffered from sensitivity.

I purchased a Berkey and the additional fluoride filters- best tasting water EVER. We not only use it for drinking water, we cook with it and give it to our pets. Here's the astounding part- all of our cats were much more active and spry within the first couple of weeks, but the most amazing part was that my geriatric 16-year-old female cat 'came alive' again. She plays like a kitten!

For oral health, I utilize a multi-step process:
-I brush with baking soda first (it neutralizes the pH in your mouth), making sure to get between the gums and cheek/lips, tongue and all the nooks and crannies
-I then brush with a dallop of Tom's Apricot* or Jason Sea Fresh (if you like the minty pastes)
-I rinse with Peroxide (debridement)
-I floss (usually just in the afternoon and/or at night)
-I rinse with Listerine (to sterilize and kill anything that may be left)

I would also recommend investing in a sonic toothbrush (I scored on a couple of discontinued models for husband and self, and replacement heads are still readily available); I typically use a regular brush in the AM and afternoon, then my final cleaning of the day I switch to the sonic.

On my wishlist is a water pick.

For reference, though I can't vouch for this particular site (I found it doing a cursory search, but it's a great starting point), this is a basic synopsis of what I ultimately found:
www.theinfovault.net...

As always, YMMV, do your research and Deny Ignorance. :-)

EDIT:
*Note: NOT all Tom's toothpastes are fluoride-free!

[edit on 5-6-2009 by antisocialbutterfly]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by king9072

So I need not have had at them with pliers, a phillips head screw driver and tweezers?

And I kid you not. One bugger was just worth that much effort. Just pop the screwdriver in, and bend. Crack. Crunch.. pliers to rip the stubborn bits out, and tweezers to dig around fining the chickens hiding in the gums.

Saved me $100 too! Bonus!

All I needed to do was stop ingesting fuoride?

Damn, well it's still fun to pick the remnants out, 3 years later, once they decide they are not needed anymore.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by eMachine

I both use and highly recommend African Black Soap (aka Alata Samina or Anago Soap). It's made in Ghana with traditional methods and recipe, and about as pure as it gets.

For moisturizer, I use 100% Shea Butter- I prefer the 'beige' kind.

Both of these are readily available online or sometimes locally if you care to look- just make sure to get the *real* types made by the ladies of Ghana.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Wow awesome thread and star and flag for you. Because I had no idea at all that fluoride was this harmful. I wonder if you could just start brushing your teeth with mouthwash to get that fresh feeling also.

And my two year old son for some reason loves brushing his teeth and thank god I only put a tiny bit of toothpaste on his brush once or twice.

I usually just brush his teeth with water and very very little kids toothpaste. So I know better now. That scared the crap out of me. I could have been harming him and I didnt even know it.

Thanks so much for putting this info out there.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   

I haven't used my tap water for cooking or drinking in about five years, because my water company uses floride in large quantities for cleansing the water. I was told as a child it was in the water to help strengthen teeth, and prevent cavities, but now I know that aspect of it is just moreless a secondary gain. The first is to help cleanse certain aspects of water. I suppose how much is used depends on water quality in any given area.

This is nonsense. Fluoride has Never Ever been used to cleanse water.

Fluoride is a deadly poison, and the only stated reason that has ever been publicly given is to prevent cavities.

Using it large enough quantities to kill germs in the water would mean it killed the people drinking it too.

Perhaps you should research your facts before making a mistake like this again.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
well, had a glitch that deleted my post, so here goes again:

You cannot avoid flouride that easily. It is in every piece of food you buy, be it at the store or at a restaurant. Cokes are made with municipal water, which has flouride.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

Well im sure she didnt just make that up. That post sounded a little rude.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I used Colgate for Sensitive Teeth. This has nearly eliminated my sensitivity problem and now I can freely eat the iced creme.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by argentus
p.s. I always have a couple of mini-jars of oil of clove in our emergency goods. I had a filling come out while getting my teeth cleaned a week ago. They said I'd need a crown, and I agree, but temporarily they filled it with some sort of amalgam, and they called it "medicated". yah. I said, "that smells and tastes like oil of clove". Kindly dentist said, "you're very astute...... that's exactly what it is." So, well......... great, but now I taste cinnamon all day long. ALL day long. I'd rather have tooth sensitivity.

Anyway, just wanted to mention oil of clove for emergency kits. Temporarily knocks out all manner of dental pain.

Yeah - my mum always used to give me whole cloves to bite down on if I had any toothache - I can certainly verify the anesthetic qualities - although the taste isn't so great

Oh - and I can recommend either table salt, or bi-carbonate of soda or both as toothpaste alternatives. I don't know if anyone knows something bad about using soda for cleaning teeth (?) - but I used it for ages and never had any ill effects - just very white teeth
Bicarb soda is found in baking soda, but you can also buy it in pure form. It tastes kind of weird at first - but I used to mix it evenly with salt, and it was excellent for oral hygiene and kept my teeth very white - the soda is a bleach.

[edit on 6-6-2009 by Amagnon]

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   

I have visited some areas where the water has so much chlorine, it smells like a public swimming pool! Chlorine, too, is a chemical.

Well - the idea of 'chemicals' is a pretty stupid thing to talk about really. Water is itself a chemical H2O. The point is - what can you add to it that is useful and safe.

Chlorine is a powerful biocide, but is also found in table salt (NaCl - sodium chloride). When salt is put into water it dissociates into Na+ and Cl- ions. When used as a biocide however they will usually only add the Chlorine.

I think waterborne cultures should be killed using UV rather than chlorine if we are going to drink it. Or salt should be put into the water instead of purely chlorine.

[edit on 6-6-2009 by Amagnon]

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
thank you for posting this! i am definitely going to try this- my teeth are so sensitive i can only eat on one side of my mouth! it is a nightmare- i use sensitive toothpaste and once when my teeth were really bad, the dentist prescribed me some special toothpaste- which had a super high concentration of fluoride! it made me nervous to use it and it didnt help much either. i am a little scared to try this because i am one of these people who has 3000 cavities i dont want anymore-- but i will let you know how it goes....

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by antisocialbutterfly

I would also recommend investing in a sonic toothbrush
do you use the sonic toothbrush when you use the baking soda? i have a sonicare and i thought it said you couldnt use baking soda toothpaste with it? or do you just use it with the Tom's toothpaste?

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
they put it in the tap water where i live so ive been told,never checked it out myself because ive never read anything like this before

the water does taste disgusting though and goes cloudy white sometimes,i never drink it purely because of the taste but i will deffinately look into the toothpaste change thanks

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jess_Undefined
Well im sure she didnt just make that up. That post sounded a little rude.

If you find pointing out the truth rude, perhaps you should consider the motto of the forum.
I never said she made anything up. I just pointed out she said something that was utterly incorrect.
We are trying to reveal the truth here.

Once untruths get mixed in with the facts it puts a bad light on the facts too, causing confusion and making people less likely to believe anything that goes against the official line.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

Gee Whiz. Should I be on the lookout for a lynch mob today? lol
Just talking about public water, and addressing some of the things they do to make it clean enough to drink.

Didn't realize I would be attacked for this....but that's okay I guess.
Have a good weekend.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join