It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama White House Names June Gay Pride Month

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Witness2008
reply to post by jd140

White males own and control the world...what do they need a measily little month for.

I think we who post here should come up with a historical figure that was Gay....Alexander The Great.

I don't own crap except a car, motorcycle and my furniture. Don't throw that moronic statement out there and expect to be taken seriously.

Keep your blanket statements to yourself, most posters here are allergic to stupidity.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Yeah, exactly.
"all colours except whites need help" is the most accepted and most segregating outlook out there.
starrrr.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
June has been an "unofficial" Gay Pride Month for some decades, already. NOT just in the US, either.

Our folks down under probably either wait until January, when it's warm...or have TWO!!

Actually, that'd be fabulous! More, the merrier.

PS....for all of the 'fire-and-brimstone' old testament types. Sorry, the real world doesn't match your fantasies.....get over it.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
how can barry impose this on us without consent?
he can just say this is whatever type month he wants?!?

I'm a straight white female and want a month Toooooo

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Well, more sensasionalism from the White House eh?

Obama just tring to get the gay vote now?

I mean, yeah I can appreciate the gesture, I'm gay, and proud, but not march in the street proud or circle a date on your calendar.

I don't really see the point. he should have issued Executive Orders to help us with equality instead of just buttering our biscuits

Anyway, good thing, bad image, bound to make the extremist religious zealots foam at the mouth.

Happy Gay Month Everybody!

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by AmericanDaughter

"Consent"?

From whom, exactly?

'straight white female'....? What, nowadays, is "white"? 'Female' was an accident of birth, as was 'straight'.

So...in the big scheme of things, in society you have two up, and one down strike. Two 'up' because you're "white" and "straight"...but, if you live in American society, you have the 'down' strike because you're female.

Well, you're already ahead by one!

But....beware the glass ceiling!!

BTW...will you accept "Secretary's Week" as a consolation prize? (Oh....that was low, even for me. Sorry....) BUT, I was trying to make a point....

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   

God, this administration needs help.

What happened to America? Where did we go wrong?

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

I guess I can understand how you might be feeling left out. Unfortunately some will just have to live their lives on the sidelines feeling rejected and left out. It does however take a big man to have to swallow that.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Every damn group has a month now, it's hilariously incredibly DUMB.
Don't get me wrong, i'm not against gay people having a special month, or any other group for that matter. I just fail to see what the point is!
It's 2009, the dingbats in DC need to get with it and pass some legislation that will actually do something good for the American people for once!!!

I wonder how long it took them to come to an agreement on this? I mean, we are actually paying these people to waste time and money on THIS kind of crap?!?!? Stupid stupid stupid.

Gratz to the gay and lesbian community though, this is a real, erm, break-through for you all??

I feel like I just time-warped to the 80s, when something like this would've still been deeply controversial.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

I guess concent wasn't the best word to use. I was upset. I feel so much is out of control these days (I know compared to so much that's going on this is small but nevertheless a straw) and I was surprised that all of a sudden it was Gay Pride month! I have gay family members and transgendered friends two of which have been together for close to 30 years by now. I love them and they have been through so much; I see the plight and the pain. I just thought there would be some kind of publc, at least awareness made before declaring a special month. I didn't know how it works I guess. I need to check it out. So the President can just say hmmm, it would be kool for August to be national such and such month, and basicly it is so?
Is there a suggestion box? I haden't thought about the process before and was, like I said, surprised.

No thanks on the "Secretary's Week"
I changed mine to "national straight white female hairdresser's week"

and to whom it may concern:
Happy Gay Pride Month

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
First I want to say that I'm not a bible thumper. I'm not even religious. But...

This is a sign of the times imo. This is the downfall of humanity.

For something so sexually deviant to be considered so tolerable is a sign of something on the scale of world wide epidemic.

Maybe the Muslims do got it right. Perhaps its the woman's revolution that has set this whole thing into motion.

The above potser says this isn't controversial. Maybe that is what American culture is embedding into young minds but in the sociological community this is still regarded as very unusual.

The whole thing sickens me and makes me worry about humanity as a species.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Techsnow

I'm sure you've heard the saying "to each their own".....pretty wise if you ask me. Homosexuality has been exhibited by all sorts of animals and is well documented in the wild. Why would humans be any different? We're really just glorified animals, aren't we?

I think a better measuring stick of where our society is at morally would be to look at the wars that we ALLOW our government to involve OUR country in, the trash culture that is smeared all over the television and pounded into our childrens' heads from birth, our obsession with fatty foods/morbid obesity in general, our culture of sexual obsession in general. I could keep going onnnnnn and onnnnnn.

The gay community is likely the least of your worries friend, just think about it for a minute. Take into consideration all of those unfit mothers and fathers procreating while you fret over--*shudder*--people having a consentual relationship. Give me a break.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
As another poster pointed out earlier. To say that because other animals have homosex (very rare btw, and not in all species) would be say that it is natural to murder as well.. because animals do it. Am I wrong here? We can do what ever animals do now? Monkey's piss on people at the zoo, is that natural and ok to do as well now too?

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Having sex and pissing on each other are hardly comparable actions, and we both know it. What makes you an authority on what is right or what is wrong?
The fact of the matter is, we as a species are going to keep on procreating until we either a) are killed off, or b) evolve to the point of galaxy-jumping, thereby ensuring almost 100% our survival as a species.....so what exactly are you so scared of?

Homosexuality in the wild really isn't as rare as you may think. It's quite common, for instance, for many male canines to mount another of the same sex in an effort to assert dominance. Granted, actual sex doesn't usually take place, but it's still a homosexual act.

If we should fear anything, it should be the dumbing down of the population at large via a crumbling system of education, an increasing number of unfit parents, and a culture in which it is cool to "not give an F"....whether that translates into drunk driving, the spreading of communicable diseases, the worship of celebrity. There is so much wrong with this society, and you're sitting here worrying about gay people? You still have yet to address any of these other issues that i've mentioned. How exactly is homosexuality even comparable to any of what i've listed?

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Anyway, good thing, bad image, bound to make the extremist religious zealots foam at the mouth.

Hmm... If I'm an extremist zealot, do I get a month as well?

[edit on 14-6-2009 by Totakeke]

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by mpriebe81

Having sex and pissing on each other are hardly comparable actions, and we both know it. What makes you an authority on what is right or what is wrong?

You still have yet to address any of these other issues that i've mentioned.

I'm not claiming to be the authority on it. You said that animals have homo-sex.. I'm not denying it. I'm simply saying that since animals have homo-sex then it must also be ok to do everything else that animals do. Is that an incorrect assumption in you're analogy?

I am not scared of homo's. But I do think that it's a sin against nature.

I'm not going to debate any other issue about what's wrong with our society because they would take way too long. I am debating THIS issue at the moment, which is one of MANY I feel is wrong with our society.

[edit on 14-6-2009 by Techsnow]

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by AmericanDaughter

This made me laugh out loud!! Thanks

No thanks on the "Secretary's Week"
I changed mine to "national straight white female hairdresser's week"

Everybody gets a day! Why not? Maybe we can stimulate the economy -- get more business for Hallmark.

Folks, it's been lost in the shuffle of posts, but here it is again: June has been 'unofficial' Gay Pride Month for decades. The WH just mentioned it to pander, methinks.

and to whom it may concern:
Happy Gay Pride Month

Yeah, baby!!

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kailassa
This shows Obama really does have some backbone.

It's dangerous for the government, in a country where bigots abound, but he obviously thinks it's worth standing up for peoples' rights.

It's good to see an American president working towards freedom from harassment and discrimination.

While I do think the gays deserve a month (as do the Native Americans, I mean they only get a week - they should get 11 months heck), I'm still extremely skeptical of Obama. He seems to hide under an MLK/Lincoln "Civil Rights Hero" facade.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
How can one be proud of an orientation? Aren't we endlessly told that homosexuality is not a choice its a natural orientation. So, homosexuals have not actually done anything, or made any dramatic or heroic choice to be gay, we're told they just are, so where's the pride in that?

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Supercertari

That's right!

Who are these people, anyway?? The nerve!

Expecting bigotry and discrimination to end....what next? Black Pride Month???

Sheesh! Because, everyone knows that Blacks choose to be Black!!!!!!

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join