It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay penguins hatch rejected egg

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
Should be a wake up call to those who hold the narrowest of views on what is "natural."

Thanks for the replies.

SD -thats exactly what I thought

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Actually the case of "homosexual penguins" has been documented many times before and is nothing new.

Living around cats all my life, I can confirm there are homosexual cats as well. As well as cats with male friends, even though they are thought to be extremely territorial.

There are also videos of animals (in wild) attempting to mate with other species, they usually "experiment" in adolescent age.

Not sure what to make of it... well, at least people may change their religious views about it, I'm pretty sure those penguins won't burn in hell

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
Should be a wake up call to those who hold the narrowest of views on what is "natural."

Except for the fact that the penguins live in a zoo...

Couldn't one argue that this is evidence of homosexuality being a product of an unnatural environment?

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
These are the kind of threads that make somebody's true vision of the world known.

Much work is to be done, but it's getting done!

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by EverythingYouKnowIsWrong

Homosexual behavior in animals refers to the documented evidence of homosexual, bisexual and transgender behavior in non-human animals. Such behaviors include sex, courtship, affection, pair bonding, and parenting. Homosexual and bisexual behavior are widespread in the animal kingdom: a 1999 review by researcher Bruce Bagemihl shows that homosexual behavior, has been observed in close to 1500 species, ranging from primates to gut worms, and is well documented for 500 of them.

Animal sexual behavior takes many different forms, even within the same species. The motivations for and implications of these behaviors have yet to be fully understood, since most species have yet to be fully studied. According to Bagemihl, "the animal kingdom [does] it with much greater sexual diversity -- including homosexual, bisexual and nonreproductive sex -- than the scientific community and society at large have previously been willing to accept." wiki

No matter what religious dogma may be willing to accept, homosexuality never has and never will be a "sin" against nature.

I'd like to see someone reconcile the nonsense of creationism/id with that.

If one wishes to believe that all is according to god's plan and creation then so is homosexuality.

Can't have it both ways.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Gay penguins?

Awesome!

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

that is awesome haha

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
How can penguins be homosexual when they all look the same? I don't think they're gay, just "confused".

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
No Way! If they were really gay they wouldn't all dress the same... SNAP

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Homosexuality is a natures way of culling bad genes!

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TravisT
How can penguins be homosexual when they all look the same? I don't think they're gay, just "confused".

Is that a species-ist comment?

They probably think we "all look the same" too.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajesticJax

Am I the only one who is cracking up hysterically over this and over some of your comments?

nope.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajesticJax
Am I the only one who is cracking up hysterically over this and over some of your comments?

Nope, you're not the only one. There is some serious reaching here thinking the psychology of penguins and humans are anywhere near the same.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
They should start a reality show with the 6 gay penguins! Queer Eye for the Straight Penguin.

I should work for animal planet!

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
It is funny.....I can't believe that they actually have their own Gay community of Penquins.....
and exactly how do they know that the penquins are gay? did the penquins tell the zoo keepers?

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ferris.Bueller.II

There is some serious reaching here thinking the psychology of penguins and humans are anywhere near the same.

Eeeeer ...

Wrong again.

Nice try bringing penguin psychology into it.

For further study:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
i personally would like to see photographic evidence that this is true

i really do not believe it sorry

sounds really fake

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MajesticJax

Im more amazed at the fact that there are gay penguins.

Most animals function on.."If I can reproduce with it, then it's good enough"

Also interesting that the penguins felt an obligation to take care of an egg that wasn't theirs.

And I think it's more towards the effect that, "Homosexuallity is not that un-natural."

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj

Im more amazed at the fact that there are gay penguins.

i seriously doubt there are gay penguins

i looked all over for photographic proof that it is true and i cannot find any evidence

therefore i am going to assume this is little more than a fantasy concocted purely to push an Agenda ...

i dont care if your mad at my opinion, show me the evidence

pics or it DID NOT happen!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join