It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Continental Pilot Reports Missile Flying Near His Plane Over Texas

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Continental Pilot Reports Missile Flying Near His Plane Over Texas

www.foxnews.com

The pilot told the Federal Aviation Administration an object was spotted within 150 feet below his airplane around 8:15 p.m. Friday night over Liberty County, Texas, the newspaper reported.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
A missile huh. I don't beleive this for a second. Sounds like the pilot got buzzed by something and they are pushing the report to curb any other people talking about this. If it was a missile then we would have picked it up on radar and been able to track where it was launched from. And it seems people are being very hush hush about this.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
That's weird. If it was a missile then it was probably some sort of test fire. But I'm not too sure that it really was a missile... It might have been a... well... I think you guys can figure out the rest.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I have some interesting information that may be linked to this that my husband witnessed but I won't reveal it right now. What he saw has been turned over to the FBI. As soon as I know it may be directly related than I will tell all, but I won't jump to any conclusions until then.

[edit on 6/2/2009 by wrangell76]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Just come out and say it. I hate all this secrecy just because it happened to occur in the US and you've given the FBI some information, so what was it? a SAM, UFO, Blimp, Venus?

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by wrangell76
I have some interesting information that may be linked to this that my husband witnessed but I won't reveal it right now. What he saw has been turned over to the FBI. As soon as I know it may be directly related than I will tell all, but I won't jump to any conclusions until then.

this type of secrecy is why no one knows anything

"oh i wont tell you yet"

guess what i think

YOUR NEVER gonna tell! hahaha

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ROBL240

It is not because I gave it to the FBI that I won't tell. I am no more privileged than anyone else on here. I just won't say anything right now because some might take offense and I don't want to stir up a hornets nest just yet.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vodo34861

A missile huh. I don't beleive this for a second.

I do.

The France Air flight there were rumors of a missile shooting it down.

Now this report.

I think perhaps they are shooting missiles at passenger airplanes.

I see NO REASON to NOT do it!

Its so easy, all you do is press a button. WHY NOT ???

There are a million things to gain from another plane coming down.

So i honestly believe they are doing it on purpose, and this may be a larger program that we realize as well.

They could have shot down half of the planes that wrecked in the last few years for all i know. It seems pretty reasonable to me.

I just cant see any reason why they would NOT shoot down airliners.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by wrangell76

then why the heck post this message. out with it or it didn't happen and you are just trolling. i'm going to call troll on you. i bet no one witnessed anything.

[edit on 6/2/09 by Djdoubt03]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Only problem with shooting down the Air France A332 is that it was at cruising altitude, usually around 33,000ft (FL330), and passing through storm clouds at the time which would have made visual sightings of the plane impossible, plus the fact the area it came down is miles away from any radar site.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by wrangell76

stur up the hornets nest? offend people?

This is one of the few boards where you don't have to worry about that type of post. Speak your mind and let the information flow. Again this is the reason why there are so many secrets. Screw peoples feelings, sometimes no wait a lot of the time the truth hurts. Does that mean people should keep it to them selves and decide who gets the information? No. If someone reads it and gets offended their bad for having thin skin.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ROBL240
reply to post by muzzleflash

Only problem with shooting down the Air France A332 is that it was at cruising altitude, usually around 33,000ft (FL330), and passing through storm clouds at the time which would have made visual sightings of the plane impossible, plus the fact the area it came down is miles away from any radar site.

awacs + a Tornado or Hornet (can handle bad weather)

splash 1

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
the only question i have really, is why did the missile miss the plane?

passenger airplanes are freaking huge, and are extremely attractive targets for a missile

depending on the type of missile, some factors change but none of it explains how the missile missed

heat seeking would have hit the engines, radar seeking would have still hit the plane

i am afraid to say but either they Meant to miss, or their missile malfunctioned and missed because it's electronics screwed up or something

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
the only question i have really, is why did the missile miss the plane?

passenger airplanes are freaking huge, and are extremely attractive targets for a missile

depending on the type of missile, some factors change but none of it explains how the missile missed

heat seeking would have hit the engines, radar seeking would have still hit the plane

i am afraid to say but either they Meant to miss, or their missile malfunctioned and missed because it's electronics screwed up or something

There is another possibility several missiles have fail safes and the electronics wont lock onto aircraft they consider friendly. Heres a story most people dont know during the last conflict with hamas they had gotten stingers there plan was to shoot down idf choppers. But they got a surprise when they tried to use them the missiles wouldn't launch all they got were beeps. Turns out that is a safety feature to prevent the stinger from firing on friendly aircraft. In the event you get the missle to launch its not going to track friendlies it will look for other signatures.

Industry sources said Raytheon, producer of Stinger, installed identification friend/foe capabilities more than a decade ago. The sources said this would prevent Stinger from being fired against any aircraft used by the U.S. military.

Another Hamas source said gunners deployed Stinger along with heavy machine guns in attacks on Israeli helicopters during the war in the Gaza Strip. The source said one Stinger surface-to-air missile was launched, but the projectile veered off course and struck a Hamas gunner squad.

"The Stinger was drawn by the heat of our guns rather than the engines of the Israeli helicopters," the source said. "At that point, we stopped using this weapon." The sources said Hamas has abandoned plans to acquire additional Stingers. Instead, the Islamic army has been ordering the Russian-origin SA-16, or Igla-1, surface-to-air missile system, with a range of five kilometers. (source)

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I wonder if this former military pilot was involved in something and this was an attempt on his life.. Allow I wouldn't know why or how because I know nothing of this man's past, but just adding stuff to the topic to keep the ideas flowing.

I have no clue where or how it was fired though...........but...

What if it was fired from a friendly military stealth craft....Not stealth like b-2 bombers or whatever they are called i mean stealth like completely invisible and that is why they could not track the source......

Maybe they were testing how close they could get to a passanger or any aircraft without being detected and instead of doing a training mission, they used real people because that would be the only true way of doing a " live " test......

I'm assuming they missed on purposed ...

If it did fail....then we should keep an eye on this pilot....If he dies randomly sometime in next year then we will know that the missle just didn't hit the intended target and this guy was supposed to die.....

I hope not though.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Don't think we know enough yet.......IF the missile had IFF coding, the transponder code of the CO flight would not have protected it....

Too bad there is no ground video, maybe some will come out....in the meantime, I wonder if there is any similarities with the TWA 800 "incident".

TW800

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by wrangell76

Saying that you have something interesting to share and then not sharing it is totally unacceptable.

If you have something you believe is confidential say nothing including saying nothing about your decision to do so.

If on the other hand your husband saw 2 men with beards shouting allah uh akhbar as a SAM-7 streaked towards an overhead passenger jet - then please share.

[edit on 2-6-2009 by Retseh]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
There are hobbyists who get together to fire rockets in this particular area, so this may very well be a case a rogue model rocket. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if this was a case of bored enthusiast pushing boundaries to see what can occur. Not far fetched at all.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I saw this online a few hours ago in what I presume was The Houston Chronicle's website. The article there mentioned a similiar incident last year I think.

Further, and why this 'event' perks my attennae is because in the late 1990's I had a day of witnessing extraordinary events. One family member urged me years ago to report it as a UFO; but, I argued that it was clearly manmade. Further I suspected the day's sites to be out of the Ft. Worth/Dallas secret aircraft research facilities.

The missile-looking object I saw in the late 1990's (1998?) travelled airspace I could see from here at that time, North to South, and would be essentially inline with Houston Intercontinental (The old name for the main airport.) It was chased by what I presume to be F16's.

Later in that day, I saw even MORE extraordinary events at close range, right over my driveway! While the F16's (or whatever they were) chased the rocket, several other choppers came low over the horizon and hovered over my driveway while they used a line to ??? refuel??? and the lower chopper had the doors open and below it was a spherical metal orb/ball that I guestimated to be just barely larger than a beach ball. The metal orb hovered by itself ... but then I thought perhaps the tetherline might have connected to it at one point. Anyway, this round ball darted south south east at a speed I can only call "instant vanish".

I suspect the rocket or missile was a renegade test object and this fancy metal ball went after it. Just speculation I know; but, considering the other sitings east of me ... it's the only thing that made sense.

I found the metal orb on the net. It crashed in somebody's field in south Texas. If it wasn't the same orb ... it was another one that looked like the one on the net.

Sorry, new computer here so can't bring up the bookmark.

So, my guess is this recent rocket or missile is a stray test object AGAIN.

[edit on 3-6-2009 by Trexter Ziam]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

Is this your "missing link"?

Strange Metal Orb Found in Texas

Perhaps this one?

Kingsbury Texas Sphere

As far as I know it could be tinfoil wrapped around a globe or one of those "craft" balls.

I'm waiting for someone to say that George Bush is trying to shoot an airliner down to prove that 9/11 wasn't an inside job!

[edit on 3-6-2009 by CreeWolf]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join