It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All of you are just Human

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Amazing. This is a good day for the internet.

P.s. Mor, you've got a great avatar.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by m0r1arty
I'd love to have proof, or even experience, something that allowed me to believe that UFOs and Aliens existed - but as is it's only poor lil' me and you here.

No no no... You are missing the point. The aliens are in the other thread. They are the aliens.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

I do not know what you are driving at. I mean, I read it twice and I still don't get. We are just human, yes. I admire you if this is a chance to quash racism and xenophobia because I detest both, but...you must realize that your resident plucky is much more than human, I have the evidence if you would like me to provide such.

In the meantime...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
You summed up exactly what I was thinking. I was born on this planet, I have human DNA, therefore I am a human being. End of story.

If some people want to believe that somehow their souls have come from some far off planet, then more power to you. You can believe whatever the heck you want, it's a free country, for now. It's just like Christians believing that Jesus Christ was resurrected after his crucifixion, the Muslims believe Mohammed is their propet and so on. Same thing, it's not based on fact, there is no proof, it's based on faith.

Where the problem lies in my opinion, is when some of these self-proclaimed extra-terrestrials, indigos or whatever they want to call themselves, start to believe that they are superior to us mere humans. After all, we all know what can happen when one group of HUMANS start to think they are superior to another group.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
"Man is condemned to be free; because once thrown into the world, he is responsible for everything he does. It is up to you to give a meaning."
-Jean-Paul Sartre

We are all just grandly human.

But being something more - that isn't something innate. It is something you become. Trying to use a mental trick of your imagination to get around that, won't ever change it.

[edit on 2009/6/2 by Aeons]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I'm sure most of us have felt disconnected from our earthly compatriots at one point or another. An explanation of "well, you're just not from around here!" can certainly ease the discomfort of not fitting in. It seems to spring, in some part, from a feeling that our planet is wholly mundane and unexciting, full of horror and pain and not much else. That point of view geniunely saddens me.

We have such a fascinating little dot in the universe--we understand so little about it, about ourselves, and yet you want to run off looking for excitement and identity elsewhere? Look around you! There is so much to see and learn right here! It's just unfortunate that we can't all understand the truly remarkable nature of our planet and our species. I'm content to wander around in utter amazement on our home turf, exploring it and its place in the vast universe, without a need to look for a home elsewhere. You know? I'm proud of what we have going for us, without feeling a sense of shame or embarrassment of our numerous failings. That viewpoint would seem to negate an urge to identify with some other planet, some other species.

I suppose the long trail I've dragged you all down is only meant to lead you to this point: you're already exceptional in your human form and the potential that it entails (the extent of which we don't even understand yet!)--you don't need to be a "star child" or "indigo" as well.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
blah blah blah.... prove it.... blah blah blah... oh wait you can't... blah blah blah.... so much for truth. (audible sigh)

That goes to both sides.

*If someone finds a way to prove it, lemme know. Thanks.

[edit on 2-6-2009 by shanerz]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...
When i read this one and then that one i have to give you the S&F for the lulz factor involved

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
No only you posted on the other thread, but you made an opposite one after the guy said "if you dont believe any of this, just move along". I'd say this is a fine example of your average human/DisA/eMIB in action right there.

Pretty much if you can't see if with your own two eyes it just doesn't exist eh? Move along! Why dont we just burn down all the churches, stop having funerals, ditch any religious books , stop with the prayers when things gets a little bad, since there's nothing else on the other side anyways. Waste of time eh?

back to Read-Only mode i go

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

Noone said they don't exist, people with common sence are just proclaiming WE ARE JUST HUMAN BEINGS..

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   

I believe it is probable that other life forms are in the universe, but unlikely they all come to earth to hang out with us and slip us the probe.

Many do not believe that aliens live amongst us for several reasons.
1. It would defy known physics for them to be able to arrive here in any reasonabe amount of time.
2. Nobody has any real proof of aliens being on Earth beyond a crappy youtube video that proves nothing.
3. I could put up a youtube video of a light shining on a wall and like half the people would think it was an awesome example of an alien craft and star and flag my thread.
4. Most people who believe aliens live amongst us discredit themselves by also believing a bunch of other nonsensical stuff.
5. Since everything in the universe is a product of evolution, which inherintely teaches us the value of us vs them, then if they were here they would probably kill every last one of us and set up camp, before we got a chance to do it to them.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I most definitely appreciate your humor on this topic..
I was very active on the other thread (although probably among the most reasonable in the theories I support). I would never refer to myself as a *starseed* or any other label but I do respect those who choose to hang out under that umbrella.

Truth is, no one KNOWS where our souls originate. For those of us that believe in reincarnation and have had supernatural experiences from childhood on, it is feasible that being ET is a possibility, albeit one that is very hard to reason from a certain perspective. I believe my soul has experienced other dimensions/lives but I do not go around worshipping crystals or making long winded youtube videos that come off insane.

Fact is, it's very hard to believe in something when you yourself have not experienced that phenomenon. We each have our own personal beliefs based on our own defining experiences. Of course I can only speak for myself on this. I respect everyone's opinions and beliefs as long as it's presented in a reasonable fashion.

That being said, there is nothing wrong with infusing a bit of humor into a heated debate, so I will leave you a star. Get it? Star from a starperson???? ROTF! Been a longgggggggg day!

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by justsomeboreddude

I believe it is probable that other life forms are in the universe, but unlikely they all come to earth to hang out with us and slip us the probe.

Many do not believe that aliens live amongst us for several reasons.
1. It would defy known physics for them to be able to arrive here in any reasonabe amount of time.
2. Nobody has any real proof of aliens being on Earth beyond a crappy youtube video that proves nothing.
3. I could put up a youtube video of a light shining on a wall and like half the people would think it was an awesome example of an alien craft and star and flag my thread.
4. Most people who believe aliens live amongst us discredit themselves by also believing a bunch of other nonsensical stuff.
5. Since everything in the universe is a product of evolution, which inherintely teaches us the value of us vs them, then if they were here they would probably kill every last one of us and set up camp, before we got a chance to do it to them.

1. It would defy KNOWN physics yes. However there is probably a way around it, even if they have to resort to informational travel. And warping space is possible.

2. What is proof to you? President Carter told us they were here. Photos and videos do nothing because they can be faked, so even if real, and I'm sure many are, they do not count as evidence any more than eyewitness accounts. Not all of them are blurry either.

3. Maybe, but that only says of the people who believe, not of the aliens' existence.

4. Again, irrelevant.

5. Maybe they have a moral code?

[edit on 2-6-2009 by Donnie Darko]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
i feel "different" from everyone else cos i am!

it's not the sort of thing you say to your work colleagues, "Hey Mr Boss man/work colleague, do you feel different compared to everyone else?"

or even close friends

even though he/she does think they are special/different , they will look at you as if you are truly different!

i over heard my mum and my sister years ago talking about the fact that they felt like they were on the outside looking in on the world! seperately i mean, they were amazed that they both felt the same way

they felt detached

so are they alien or human?

peace light and love

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie Darko

1. It would defy KNOWN physics yes. However there is probably a way around it, even if they have to resort to informational travel. And warping space is possible.

2. What is proof to you? President Carter told us they were here. Photos and videos do nothing because they can be faked, so even if real, and I'm sure many are, they do not count as evidence any more than eyewitness accounts. Not all of them are blurry either.

3. Maybe, but that only says of the people who believe, not of the aliens' existence.

4. Again, irrelevant.

5. Maybe they have a moral code?

[edit on 2-6-2009 by Donnie Darko]

1. Well there is your problem right there. MAYBE. There is no proof you can warp space without mass or massive amounts of energy.
2. Proof to me would be an alien craft, an alien body, a real live alien. If there are so many hear that half of ATS has met them personally then surely there would be a craft or a body or two laying around.
3. Exactly my point. It says a lot about the people that believe.
4. Relevant
5. Maybe they dont. This isnt Star Trek, this is reality. So you want me to believe that multiple alien races live here and we all just get along, even though we cant even get along with each other. If I see an alien I am going to gut him and drag him on the first TV show that pays me enough money.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by meremortal

Feeling detached doesnt mean someone is alien, it just means they feel the emotion of detachment. If you feel that too often you are considered mentally ill.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I feel I have the right to ask the same thing that you would ask in the other thread,
PROVE IT!!!!

I need proof that YOU are human.
After you give me that PROOF then we shall move along to the proof that the rest of us are. I eagerly await your proof.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
What????

I'm just a human? So crushed...

As you know I participated in the thread which caused you to start this one, and because of that I have a couple/few burning questions:

Why so much effort on your behalf to "debunk" Spooky Mulder's thread? What is it that upsets you so much about a notion that can't possibly be proven, that you try to prove it otherwise, which, literally, can't be done either.

Of course, I know that I'm human. One of the few things they've told me that is easy enough to accept.

Waiting here for your answers, then dropping out.

- Eleph

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Jesus H Christ

You can prove it to yourself. Go to the local DNA clinic and get them to test your DNA. When you go back to get the results, if they arent all hiding under the table then you are human.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join