It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You are living in a computer simulation

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Describing the realities as holographic or like a program helps to gain a better grasp of the way things are. Do you know a better way of describing it?

Neither is the term hologram technically incorrect. It is evident that light energy is the most powerful force in the universe and it is needed to experience consciousness in the material realm. It might even turn out that god= light. Please dont make confrontations for no good reason.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Indeed several brilliant thinkers in modern history (our digital world) have proposed we are in a computer simulation.
One of the ways to rationalize this is observe the way we currently play computer games/simulations. Because the biggest question would have to begin with the WHY part? We do things in games that we cannot do in this current reality, either because we physically cannot do them, or it is against some standard of the society's rules of civility and morals. Secondly, we may use the simulation to learn something about a hypothesis (like what happens if I drive my car off a bridge?) but not truly suffer any consequences.
So, if we use avatar games, we don't have to be in attendance to our characters all the time, we simply let them go about "life" and check in on them periodically. If we play the game consoles, we have to control many second to second movements with our interfaces. Either way, we have to be the decision makers.
But the biggest thing that strikes me about this theory is the concept of who/what God is. We struggle in religions to grasp the unfairness of life, why innocents die and criminals live. Imagine if you are driving a race car in a computer game and you run over a whole sidewalk full of pedestrians. You laugh and keep driving. Why? Because they aren't real! It doesn't matter to you because you think the characters have no ability to "feel" emotion. But how do you know for sure? They try desperately to communicate with the "creator" by using their minds in prayer or meditation to ask for relief of the suffering you have bestowed upon them.
If we have created another layer of reality with our own creations of soulless computer characters and worlds, then we are perhaps propagating a vast endless cycle of layering realities. Who is running our game/simulation? Will it be a true reality or even better, in the hands of the ultimate creator, or will it be just another layer of simulation that thinks it is real?
We have an endless universe, no apparent edge. Have you ever found the true edge in a computer simulation, as it uses fractal algorithms to generate endless nature/scenery? Notice how so many games always have one disaster or conflict or obstacle after another throughout the game? Sound familiar to our world?
This topic should have many members weighing in on the subject, because we are seeing more and more glitches in the simulation. An example is the slow motion frames of the plane hitting tower II on 911, or how easily UFO's pop in and out of our "reality".

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Here is some fresh podcast material that is on the subject of the technological apocalypse, from Red Ice Creations... Richard Sauder - Ayahuasca Visions & The AI Machine's Nuclear War on Humanity
www.redicecreations.com...

The agenda is the total enslavement of the human race to machines.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by contemplator
I think we quite possibly could be in a simulation. This topic has fascinated me since "The Matrix". I think when we look to the stars there is nothing there, it appears to be there, our instruments see it, but at a certain point (maybe past our solar system) everything stops and we merely think it continues via a simulated illusion. Very much in the same way a videogame gives the appearance of space and depth of our character standing in front of a building but behind it is nothing.

what is nothing? you cant have nothing.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Dammit I want the cheat codes!!!!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by wclv13
Do you remember an old movie (early 80's) called Clash of the Titans? There is a scene where Perseus is lying in a Coliseum (don't recall if he was injured, dead, or just exhausted)

Then it showed several human like gods looking over a miniature scene of him in the Coliseum. The gods were bickering about his fate. It won out that he would receive no help from the gods. The gods started to walk away, but the last god to leave slyly put the figurine of Perseus upright. Thus allowing him to continue on his quest.

I do vaguely remember that.

Gotta say after reading the Terra Papers - - I want a second look at Star Wars - - which I originally thought was silly.

Seems - - there have been some enlightened people all along in the history of humans and earth - - - if you pay attention.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
We live in a double-simulation, some of us live in a single simulation, and those that are not in the simulation are generally referred to as "aliens" or "extradimensional beings".

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

thank you for all the years of input to the programme woodwardjnr and g-d speed

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join