It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You are living in a computer simulation

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
And damn, I can't find the escape key.

Let's hope the sim isn't running on Vista(!) "You have unplugged reality. Please reinstall reality and try again".

The probability that this is all a simulation is very extremely, really, extremely remote but I would not rule it out.

I can't imagine that any system would be perfect, so why can't we see glitches?

Edit for typo.

[edit on 5/29/2009 by mithrawept]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
This begs the question... What happens to my simulated self when it dies, am I replaced by another player or do I get a do over? And if this is a simulation where are the directions and who do I complain to if my joy sticks aren't working properly after a few drinks? And I know I paid for larger breasts

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

It seems like you are well informed in these subjects..

Although, I cant really go into it, bc its a violation of T&C, but I have had a digital scramble (like the sound of an old school modem when you would call one) in my ear and seen (although it was horrible) like zaps in my field of vision, I cant explain the zaps, it is very hard to explain, although I have actually heard people reference these before... but take it from me, it is not cool..

Please post more information

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Deus Ex Machina 42

Thats a pretty excellent post..

I must commend you and others for your forward thinking..

It's pretty heavy stuff

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
simulation.

of what?

; )

answer that and ill call you god

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Well if this is true then I have to ask , maybe it is time to format the hard drive and do a re-install. The reason people even think of such things is when they look around they can not believe this world has goten this messed up. That people could be crazy enough to do the things they are doing now days. Do I belive this? I am unsure what to believe now days. This idea is not any more crazy than any other. And there is something going on and that is a fact evey one can agree on.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by mithrawept

You want glitches?

Two words: Charles Fort

There is enough anomalous phenomena going on to drive one insane.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
yes we live in a simulation. It's your own mind broadcasting it.

If you want out and you want to see the programmer. Self inquiry, advaita, nonduality, and a nice does of meditation will release you from what you thought was real.

I've seen it with my own two

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

What more can I really say? Other then the simulation is real, and the computer is your brain. If you look at Stuart Hamerhoff's work, you will come to understand the nature of Quantum Consciousness as it applies to biologic physics.

Here are two articles I highly recommend reading:

"The Brain Is Both Neurocomputer and Quantum Computer"
www.quantumconsciousness.org...

"Quantum computation in brain microtubules"
www.quantumconsciousness.org...

Since the brain parses reality and renders the output into a virtual reality simulation that plays itself out within first person perspective within a cognitive holodeck, you will find out quickly just how simulated reality really is.

Close your eyes, reality visually disappears... why? Your brain is generating your census of reality, and it is all digital and done at a quantum level.

Hope this helps.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by fooffstarr

I had a dream many many years before matrix came out.
Something I could not see was chasing me. I hid in one of those claw bathtubs and there was writing on it in blood but can not remember what it said.

I got out and kept running, went down a side walk, and then suddenly it all disappeared, and i was running on nothing. It looked like a computer simulated grid. Green lines and black space. That is all there was. In that dream, two being then appeared, one had a lock and one had a key. These articles then combined and formed a cloud in the shape of a lock and key and I fell though it back to earth.

Then I woke up. I remember that dream was so real and had me shaken to my core when I woke up, it was so real.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   
The real question is, if we are living in a computer simulation, does it even matter? Does it make us anything less?

The answer is simply no, it doesn't. We measure ourselves in a relative way, against everyone else and against our understanding of the world we live in. Does the source of the Big Bang make any difference to you if it was God, some source of infinite power, or a hyper advanced computer? In the end as all three options relative to us are of unknowable extent of power and ability, they all boil down to being the same in the end, relatively speaking.

So we might be living in a simulation? Who the hell cares, that doesn't devalue me or anyone else. Everyones got to be part of something.

Now go watch The Thirteenth Floor...

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Just to clear something up, the Simulation Argument is JUST a model of reality. Reality at it's fundamental level will ALWAYS be a subjective thing. This theory is just like modeling an atom out of a basketball with baseballs swirling around it. Is an atom really a basketball? No, it's just a model. But it's a VERY good model that can explain alot.

How does it change things? It's a great way to understand your world, yoru mind, and your "soul".

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Its quite possible - I have known about this possibility for many years, and when I began to understand the relative and subjective nature of truth - then I accepted this possibility.

Regardless of whether it is literally true, it does seem that reality is composed of information and geometry only. There is no 'substance' to anything, at its base everything resolves to energy - its the only thing that exists, and that energy is moving according to a particular geometry.

The movement of energy inside a certain geometry is responsible for matter and every force. Being a simulation or not, does not alter the nature of reality, it simply describes it.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
This is pretty much what I believe and am being told - by absorbing information.

Can't explain it any better then absorbing. Its like I am intentionally being fed information - - and my whole body is absorbing it.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
i think this is a good possibility i mean i often think that maybe i just fell asleep once when i was little and this is all a dream or maybe im the only person alive in this world and someone has my body in the real world influencing my thoughts and putting me in diff simulations to see how i react and then they can use that to improve their society

i mean this is plausible seeing as almost everyone has thoughts about whether or not theres a god, i mean even before religions we have now ancient civilizations believed in a god and or god

but like usual idk and we probably wont even be able to comprehend the true nature of life until we unlock the other 85% of our brains till then all we can do is wonder

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by pause4thought
reply to post by woodwardjnr

You are living in a computer simulation

I hope the program isn't Microsoft.

Mind you - if it was, that would explain a lot...

If so, then it must be Windows ME (Mistake Edition). I will create my own reality using Linux! Seriously, this is an interesting thought. We could be living in a matrix. There's no proof that we are, but there's no proof that aren't.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan

Although, I cant really go into it, bc its a violation of T&C, but I have had a digital scramble (like the sound of an old school modem when you would call one) in my ear and seen (although it was horrible) like zaps in my field of vision, I cant explain the zaps, it is very hard to explain, although I have actually heard people reference these before... but take it from me, it is not cool..

Please post more information

Could you please tell me what this is? I'd like to learn more about this thing that zaps field of vision. Could you at least tell me what to Google? Thanks

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan

Although, I cant really go into it, bc its a violation of T&C

Super Dooper secret stuff?

I have had a digital scramble (like the sound of an old school modem when you would call one) in my ear

Sounds like a feral case of Tinnitus! You can also get this kind of sound by having fluid trapped in your ears by wax build-up ... seriously!

and seen (although it was horrible) like zaps in my field of vision, I cant explain the zaps, it is very hard to explain

Well you ain't seeing cracks in the matrix if that's what you're trying to imply. Do yourself a big favor and go see a doctor mate! Seeing zaps (as you say) in your field of vision can be related to heart problems.

IRM

[edit on 31/5/09 by InfaRedMan]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by yayap3

Yes, please PM me, it was from a long term drug abuse, that I cant really talk about

The digital scramble as well resulted from this, but not the same one..

Cant really say anything more I dont believe

EDIT: @ Infraredman as well

[edit on 31-5-2009 by GreenBicMan]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
It's my opinion that the premise of this Matrix/Computer Sim Reality is complete poppycock!

Like many of the theories that litter this forum, none of them were really talked about until Hollywood made a science fiction movie. Then all of a sudden people are talking about it as though it's real. I remember doing that stuff when i was a little kid but thankfully I grew up.

It's fun to imagine a world where these science fiction concepts are true, it's healthy to exercise imagination... and I'm sure we all do it after a movie - but having said that, some people really don't know when to let go of it, or when they've gone that step too far.

Philosophy isn't a scientific study into the nature of reality, it's chasing free form though to it's ultimate end.

The irony of those that may believe we live in a computer simulation is that they have just created their own fake matrix and chosen to live in the lie.

IRM

Well done, I agree totally and there is a true irony in that line of thinking. I imagine that reality is what the majority of the population believe it to be. Imagine a world where all the most insane people in the mental hospitals were freed and through some sort of "infection" 90% of earths population then were insane as well.

Should something like that happen perhaps you would then become the one with the problem? Would you then be insane?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join