It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You are living in a computer simulation

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Consider all the spiritual figures in all the schools of thought,in our RECORDED history.They all teach the same principles,Albeit in diffent ways.They all say that this reality isnt realy as we percive it to be.For instance buddism,Nirvana is reached when one nolonger wants,when one no longer is bound by the desires of the flesh,when one lets go of what is percived and sees with the spirit within.The whole idea of meditation and monkhood,is to throw away the trapings of this world,and percive the world beyond and be at harmony with all worlds.
Christianity,judaism,islam all teach there is another world of the spirit,and one must throw away the wants of the flesh,the materilist nature of man,that this world isnt real,it is a creation controled by those who are not spiritual or divine.
Hinduism,Theres not much i need to say here,there are numeruos links to the illusion that is the world,and the deitys that control it.
Taoism,the ideal of tao is that the world is a illusion in which the controling dietys are elemental and animalistic in nature,And by understanding this one may percive the true world that is al around us.
There are many more, but all teach the world is a illiusion and to break free one must not accept the world as it is,and strive to free the mind to see the true world around you.The matrix is just a coinphrase used becuse of hollywood,but the bases for it is as old as humans thereself,the computer is the next incarnation of the search for the true world behind the illiusion.
So yes this isnt the only reality,most likely it isnt even close to the perfect reality,And for all those who say religeion should be bannad, or done away with,i will say thats impossable in THIS world,simple becuse we feel there is more that we cannot perceive.We are useing science nowdays to see what we cannot understand and make a workable pattern out of nature.Even if all spiritul belifes where to die tommoro,science is just another religion that would take over.
In the end We know there is more then this to life,We feel that thing should be much diffrent then they are,and untill we as a race of human are contint that we know it all,we will always be searching and suspecting that there is more then we percive there to be.What a wonderfull thing to be,A human,So much to discovery,so many adventures left to have.Wake up and see the world beyond the freeway,and the cars,and meaningless humdrum that is here to keep us busy,Dont be the mule in the field who only sees the field he plows becuse that all he does.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I'm not sure if i like the idea of this but i don't hate it either. Maybe this is where the concept of "i'll only beleive it if i see it for myself". I do this alot like if i have a a certain object i like to make sure it's still there and that i can touch it before i know it's trustworthy. (Paranoia ahahah). not that i like to run around touching people and opening them up to see if there real. hahaha creeeeeepy

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
i wonder if there's any cheat codes, i tryed down, down, up, left, right, punch but nothing happended

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Insubordinate Soul
i wonder if there's any cheat codes, i tryed down, down, up, left, right, punch but nothing happended

Rofl, you did it wrong its up up down down left right left right ba ba selct start silly.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I can accept the possibility of a simulated reality, but the thing that always makes me stumble is the sheer mediocrity of most lives (mine included). Although, I can say that the numbing repetitiveness of most days does give a lot of credence to the idea of life as a computer program running in an endless loop.

I've always been interested in the idea of reality being what the majority believes it to be. For example, the majority of people don't seem to believe that Bigfoot exists/will ever be seen, so it hasn't been. Now that more people seem to be leaning towards the possibility of UFOs, the reality of disclosure is becoming more likely. I don't think I'm explaining it very well, but basically...reality is what we make it.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
All I can say is that given these choices of what may be true reality:

1: Creationism (per the bible) and we control our own lives, except when it is "God's Will" of course

2: Random Evolution/big bang (we are just a bunch of mutated animals trying to survive)

3: Computer simulation (someone is pushing our buttons)

4: We create our own reality (our thoughts and our thoughts alone create our reality)

As much as I would like #4 to be true, although I would than be much more masochistic than I thought. Indeed life has shown that #3 is more likely. Just in my experience. :cool

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by wclv13

3: Computer simulation (someone is pushing our buttons)

4: We create our own reality (our thoughts and our thoughts alone create our reality)

As much as I would like #4 to be true, although I would than be much more masochistic than I thought. Indeed life has shown that #3 is more likely. Just in my experience. :cool

I would go for a combination of #3 & #4.

I do believe we are energy beings and physical is a creation. I also believe there are more advanced beings monitoring our choices and actions.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Yes, a combination of the two does make sense.

Do you remember an old movie (early 80's) called Clash of the Titans? There is a scene where Perseus is lying in a Coleseum (don't recall if he was injured, dead, or just exhausted)

Then it showed several human like gods looking over a miniature scene of him in the Coleseum. The gods were bickering about his fate. It won out that he would recieve no help from the gods. The gods started to walk away, but the last god to leave slyly put the figurine of Perseus upright. Thus allowing him to continue on his quest.

At age 12 or so, this struck a chord in me. Made me first start thinking that something else does have a hand in my fate. Not total control, but that they do intervene when something goes in a way the didn't want or expect.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
[spam link removed]

Thanks for sharing this useful information. It's great.

[edit on 17-6-2009 by TeddyNguyen]

[edit on 17-6-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
The topic title is so unsurprising, it doesn't shock me at all consindering I've been a huge believer in the simulated reality argument for years now. It's like "Uh... yeah, and what else is new?"

Seriously. Old/10

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
It gets complicated.
What is clear is that this concept is not as some believe, a creation of the Matrix brothers ( both initiated into secret societies as far as I could tell ). It is clearly described as the Maya in ancient vedic texts ( along with many other interesting concepts and instances of high tech in ancient times ) and thus is at least thousands of years old.

I would say it was older still and is depicted in cave paintings over 35,00 years old.

What seems to have occoured to me is that until that time humans were like animals. At this time something happened that meant we went from the state of animals to fully aware intelligent beings.

The answer to this is perhaps the idea that aliens/demigods mixed their DNA with ours. The link between this reality, the Maya, world of illusion and the rest of existance must be in our DNA. Which in essance means that this world is technological in nature.

Thus I think the Matrix was turned on so to speak, at around this time. So in essance we are trapped by those who grafted our consciousness to humanity through DNA.

There are cheat codes. Ritual, Meditation, Hardship, the biggest cheat is mind altering substances.

So many who have been to the astral planes describe entities which teach us things in high technology settings. My personal experiences there tell me the nature of our reality is just like something technological or like a program........for you doubters there is a better way to look at it........reality is not like a computer program, a computer program is like reality. As above - so below, reality is like a pattern of repetitions, ones and zeroes. We seek to emulate God, God does not need to emulate us. Ironically the viewing it like "reality is like a computer program" shows us just how caught up in paradigms our minds our.

Ever notice how an integrated circuit looks like a city?

farm3.static.flickr.com...

www.crownhillforensic.com...

I wish I could find some time lapse footage of both to compare.

I personally love this example...

www.laitman.com...

[edit on 18-6-2009 by Majestic23]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Actually, we're living in a hologram.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I read this article back in 2002 in a book called "Taking the red pill".
I thought it was absolutely ridiculous at that time.
I've been listening ti Doctor Deagle on gcnlive.com... and now I'm pretty much certain the goverment already has this Technology and is using it to start modelling giant simulations of earth.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I said it before and I will say it again. Somebody please, please, please hit the RESET BUTTON!!!!!!!

[edit on 6/20/2009 by fixer1967]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by faulconandsnowjob

no we are not...

Hologram of what? you?

how can you be living in a hologram you dont understand? that is 1 very arogant

2 silly

Why?

well if we know its a hologram then what is its source? just as silly as living in a computer program when the very words you are using did not exists 100 years ago.

The logic of some people is something i find interesting

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by tobiascore

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
It's my opinion that the premise of this Matrix/Computer Sim Reality is complete poppycock!

Like many of the theories that litter this forum, none of them were really talked about until Hollywood made a science fiction movie. Then all of a sudden people are talking about it as though it's real. I remember doing that stuff when i was a little kid but thankfully I grew up.

It's fun to imagine a world where these science fiction concepts are true, it's healthy to exercise imagination... and I'm sure we all do it after a movie - but having said that, some people really don't know when to let go of it, or when they've gone that step too far.

Philosophy isn't a scientific study into the nature of reality, it's chasing free form though to it's ultimate end.

The irony of those that may believe we live in a computer simulation is that they have just created their own fake matrix and chosen to live in the lie.

IRM

Actually the writers of The Matrix ripped off theories of a VR that were already in circulation.

Research a bit more! You're could learn something mindblowing.

most of the ideas in the matrix came from the ghost in the shell, an anime, and nueromancer, a 80s sci fi novel (read it, its amazing) by william gibson. he's personally my fave sci fi writer because A LOT of stuff he wrote about in the late 70s and through the 80s is coming true, and hes just a overall great writer, his writing is ultra detailed.

i know you werent talking about what books they got their ideas from, but i thought id point it out, even though most people already know this.

[edit on 20-6-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I know this must be a silly question, but why then do have global warming, why do we need to eat, why are babies born? If we are just a simulation,why do feel sad, or cold if nothing is accually real?

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by devareous

Exelent point! I love your outlook on life! We need more people like you in this world
Wish you all the best! x

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jinx880101

sorry for a short answer.

because its not a simulation or a hologram

You are very very real

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
A Holographic Universe is not an unheard of theory. Pretty much the universe spread out in 2 dimensions with the information for 3 within it similar to what we do with holograms. Prob is there is not enough matter in the universe to support that theory... the other prob is that the estimates about matter could be really wrong... the other prob is even if it is a hologram it doesn't really affect anything as you are still living in the same universe. :-D And a sophisticated enough simulation would seem as real as any reality because that is what it is trying to mimic- ie AI, feelings, sickness, death etc... why would you simulate something that doesn't seem real? This whole universe could be another civilizations (post singularity) experiment! All the matter in the universe is arranged in a certain way.. to form a rock or people etc... we rearrange it to form computers etc... but we are just rearraging what is already computed in to silcon etc by the universe. :-D What if we converted our minds into information within a computer...t hen converted all matter in the universe (via nanotech) into a gigantic computer? We'd be pretty smart eh? ;-) If we even wanted to make a virtual universe to percieve we'd have plenty of computation to do so. :-D

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join