It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you're going abroad and plan to return, listen up

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Would like to hear any feedback on this issue if anyone is crossing and what he encounters.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by tristar
Is this something you heard or is it a fact, does that mean all citizens who have a drivers license must be implanted ?

The RFID chips are within the drivers licenses, themselves. There isn't any government agency yet, that I know of, requiring RFID "implants" of any kind. But it is undoubtedly coming.

I almost envision it becoming the norm. Baby is born, baby gets circumcised, baby gets a birth certificate, baby gets a social security number, baby gets an RFID implant for tracking and monitoring purposes.
I think you get the idea.

There are alot of problems with RFID's though that alot of the technology's supporters don't like talking about. Privacy is probably the biggest concern. Security is probably a close #2 on that list.

The privacy concerns are many. This has been debated and discussed all over the internet already.

The security concerns are not so well-known though. We think identity theft is bad now. It will be much worse when our entire lives are on RFID chips embedded in credit cards, drivers licenses, social security cards, etc.. Especially when people figure out how to scan all your RFID chips with handheld devices by simply walking by you (just as an example). That's probably coming too..

Here's another concern.
If US customs and border patrol can monitor someone's movements into and out of the country by scanning RFID chips in ID cards and other forms of identification at the point of entry, then intelligence organisations and the government could probably monitor ALL your activities inside and outside the U.S. as well on a massive monitoring network.

All I'm really saying is this..
If they can monitor your RFID chips for what is deemed an "official government purpose" when you cross a border into and out of another country, they could probably get away with covertly monitoring them all across the country as well.

Especially since we're talking about having RFID monitoring stations everywhere for purposes ranging from retail stores keeping track of your shopping habits, what kinds of foods you like, what kinds of cars you like to rent, what kind of movies you like to watch, etc.. Right down to where you work and why, etc., etc... All in computers SOMEWHERE at any one time.
The trick is this. All these monitoring stations can also be covertly used by government agencies to keep tabs on your activities inside the country. Even your movements.. Especially since all of this information can be pooled together which would tell them exactly where you're popping up on the grid and how often (not to mention, why).

I think Most people are willing to allow a certain degree of personal privacy infringement on the basis of security concerns and international terrorism. All for reasons of the public safety and common good. It's a trade-off. The trade-off starts not being worth it when the government can have the ability to monitor everything we do in our daily lives. Everything from what kind of coffee you buy in the morning, where you bought it, how much it costed you. Down to what kind of shoes you bought last week, what brand they are, what shoe size you are, where you bought them, and whether or not you gave the clerk a hard time..

-ChriS

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I've got the updated rfid passport, the one those dudes in the UK cracked within minutes of release. People can actually scan your passport from outside your house, etc. It's crazy shiot..

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by BlasteR

Considering that i could track you from your cell phone, regardless if you have it switched on and off, unless you remove the battery there is no way i could monitor your. Another way is through your car, if you car comes at equipped with a gps nav system then your on the radar, if your car has an installed method of open conference via your cell phone then i can hear what ever is being said through your own car's internal conference system, again with or without your cell phone being present.

So the chip is just an extension of making sure that you can be tracked through the world, you do not need be within your country in order to be tracked. However, this does require resources to be engaged so unless your a high profile threat i would not worry about that too much.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
They make special passport holders and wallets that block RFID chips. If I get a license with an RFID I'll probably get the wallet, and if I ever get a passport I'll definitely get the holder, too.

They aren't expensive.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I've got one of the new style UK passports with an RFID chip in it...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b4ac9ed51c9e.png[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by BlasteR

You've got it all spot on in your post BlasteR...
Asking for passports on the borders is one thing but it's just the slow steps towards tighter controls...next it'll be everyone having to carry an ID card all the time even within the country... which will have an RFID chip in it of course...etc... so easy to track & with your complete identitiy info on it as well (not just the same as tracking GPS or mobile phones like at the moment - that's just tracking location really - RFID is location & full identity profile & can be linked into triggering CCTV cameras).
(see the links below)

RFID's are already in swipe cards for public transport (Oyster Cards in London area) & all sorts of things... my UK passport...my security pass to get into work...blah...blah...

The whole tracking process has already had a full trial run in the UK back in 2006 - at places such as Alton Towers theme park; you can get a special armband-ticket-with-RFID-chip-in-it, it tracks you all day, then at the end of the day they'll give you the film footage of your day out from all the CCTV as a souveneir DVD!! haha!!

Alton Towers report 1 (2006): www.vnunet.com...
Alton Towers report 2 (2006): www.themeparkinsider.com...
Alton Towers report 3 (2006): www.longrider.co.uk...
Alton Towers report 4 (2006): blog.operand.com...
...there's loads of links - just google 'Alton Towers RFID'

It's provided by an American firm called 'YourDay' - currently gone into liquidation - but they had 2 patents for the complete system... haha - the patents are up for sale!! wanna buy the rights to a total RFID tracking system anyone?

link: www.yourday.biz...
'YourDay' product: www.yourday.biz...

Please be advised that on March 31, 2009, the Essex Superior Court for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts issued an Order Appointing Craig Jalbert of Verdolino & Lowey, P.C., 124 Washington St., Foxboro, MA 02035, as the Receiver of YourDay, Inc. to take control of YourDay's assets and liquidate them for the benefit of its creditors. The Receiver will be selling YourDay's two patents, Patent No. 5576838 and Patent No. 5655053 and its pending patents. If you have any questions concerning the Receivership, please call 508-698-6203 or direct an e-mail to [email protected]. We will try to respond within 24 hours.

totally bonkers I know - but that's where it's all heading, the technology is already out there, just needs a government to tie it all together with a few false flag events.

The OP has highlighted a story where border & identity controls are being tightened.
Just another step...small steps...

[edit on 1/6/2009 by moobaawoof]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join