It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you're going abroad and plan to return, listen up

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   

If you're going abroad and plan to return, listen up

www.chron.com

Beginning Monday, you can’t re-enter the U.S. without a passport

Come Monday, you better pack your passport for that weekend cruise to Cancun or that quick shopping trip across the U.S.-Mexico border.
Gone are the days when you could just declare your U.S. citizenship and breeze through U.S. Customs at the nation’s land and sea ports.
Even your Texas driver’s license and a birth certificate won’t get you home these days — at least not without some extra questioning from U.S. border inspectors.
After years of delays, the U.S. government on Monday will start requiring U.S. citizens returning home from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean and Bermuda to show their U.S. passport — or one of five other forms of secure ID — at land borders and sea ports.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 28-5-2009 by tristar]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
This reminds me of how Europe was before the e.u. id was established and has been accepted by all citizens.

This could and can be used to track your every move in and out of the country with ease. Looks like utopia is just around the corner and every method is being used to set up a well defined and tested method of tracking.

www.chron.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 28-5-2009 by tristar]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
So what happens if my Mexico visa runs out and I didn't have a US passport to get back in? What would they do with me? If Mexico deported me wouldn't the US have to take me?

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Sundancer

I would suggest you need to get your papers in order, otherwise your in one hell of red tape issue.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
just tell them that you're an illegal alien from mexico and you'll have no problems re entering.

[edit on 29-5-2009 by Mozzy]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I would just like to point out that the most colorful charachters and heros in the movies never have their papers in order!

Having well ordered papers should be a crime! That could lead to a well ordered government.

I mean really the only thing a person needs to get past a port is a boat or two feet or a wheel chair, since this is a handicapped friendly post.

Such passages might not be handicapped friendly, but we all ultimately handicap ourselves by doing thing in a show me your papers process.

I got something else to show them, it's called my behind!

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I'm wondering when RFID's will be a valid form of identification. That's a whole other can of worms though.

They're already requiring Oklahoma drivers licenses to have RFID chips with all your personal information. They've beent testing and generally fiddling with the idea for years now.

I can't imagine it very far off.

-ChriS

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by BlasteR

Perhaps its what has been planned, keep tabs on u.s. citizens then force illegals to implant chip so they can access to and from without the need of papers.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlasteR

They're already requiring Oklahoma drivers licenses to have RFID chips with all your personal information. They've beent testing and generally fiddling with the idea for years now.

-ChriS

Is this something you heard or is it a fact, does that mean all citizens who have a drivers license must be implanted ?

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by tristar

Originally posted by BlasteR

They're already requiring Oklahoma drivers licenses to have RFID chips with all your personal information. They've been testing and generally fiddling with the idea for years now.

-ChriS

Is this something you heard or is it a fact, does that mean all citizens who have a drivers license must be implanted ?

The chip's are in the license not in the person.YET

They have had numerous advertisements here in California about just this subject. They even have a certain date by which you need to have it. Instead of having the passport to carry around you can have a "new i.d" that is the same thing as that little blue book everyone loves. The rfid in it allows them to keep track of your travels in the sameway as the blue book with all the stamps. xoxo

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
This is not a big deal, if it's not domestic travelling you should always bring your passport.

I have dual-citizenship so I always bring mine.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   

This reminds me of how Europe was before the e.u. id was established and has been accepted by all citizens.

That's not entirely the case...

As far as I'm aware, only nations without an opt-out from the Schengen agreement are part of that scheme, which means Brits and Irish have nothing to do with it (thank #).

And moreover, the citizens never accepted it
They were never even given a choice...

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Well thats just inviting identity theft from people who know exactly what needs to be done to get the job done. Obviously the world is relying far to heavily on digital data.

I guess the next classified ads would be: Looking for you alimony cheque and you cant seem to locate him/her, well call us on 111.111.111.111 toll free number..!

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
If you're a U.S. citizen, they cannot legally keep you out of the country, even if you don't have a passport. You'll get called in and they'll look you up on their database (thats what happened to me one time because I was dumb and forgot all my papers) but it just takes longer.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by theknuckler

Yes i guess if they were to intentionally keep people for long periods of time to check their citizenship eventually the people would say, "hey don't forget your passport otherwise were going to be locked up for 3 days and it seriously suck's in there".

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
It's just funny, because when I go to the US for a little shopping or whatever, and return to Canada, half the time they don't even ask to see my ID. They just ask if I'm a citizen, and I say yeah, and they let you go through. Pretty contrasting.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by tristar

I was traveling through Oklahoma about two weeks ago and was listening to some radio station there and they were talking about the license issue. This guy said if any cop pulls him over he's going to demand the cops credentials and if they show him those credentials on paper, he's going to ask the cop to prove who he/she is and where his RIFD chip is that the citizen can check to make sure the cops is judicially legal to ask for the drivers credentials. If he can't read the cops RIFD then there would be no way for the citizen to know he was legally stopped! It sounded like something that could cause trouble for there State if they implement it. If the state requires you to carry that type of credential then the cops should also be forced to prove who they are!

Zindo

[edit on 5/29/2009 by ZindoDoone]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   

This could and can be used to track your every move in and out of the country with ease.

Practically every single US citizen already carries a pocket sized tracker.

US mobile phone market penetration near 100%. Source

Granted some CDMA phones do not work some places abroad, but the technology to track you is pretty much already there with or without the secure id requirement.

Kind regards, M.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Good news.

It's about time we start to "tighten up" our borders.

I have absolutely no problem with this. None.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Wow, people complain about unsecured borders and then complain about the attempts to control authorized entry. You can't have it both ways.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join