It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you're going abroad and plan to return, listen up

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
If you don't want to be tracked by your phone get a pre pay and don't register it. I think the evil leftwing british government has some sort of sceme to try to not let white people back into britain.

[edit on 29-5-2009 by scoopyjon]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by scoopyjon

Oh im very sure they will find a way around that little dilema, perhaps bump the msm that known terrorists have been using such phones and as a result they will be branded as illegal and you could find yourself with jail time.

This exact law it to come to pass into Greece, with a population of around 12 million there are currently 13 million free pay phones and only 4 million registered cell phone users. I guess were all in for a several surprises in the not too distant future.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

I guess this was expected as border crossing had seriously become an issue within the u.s. within every lay of society regardless of his or her status.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

I could see the logic behind your answer, but if everyone was to question all authorities of their status then that does create an issue. But that is something that cannot happen as it will provoke social disorder and a breakdown of how ever good or bad a democracy is. At some point, i do feel that rational thinking needs to applied to our every day life.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Mozzy

that is so right is funny, just pay a "lobo" if you are a US citizens stuck in Mexico or south America and you will be home in not time at all.

[edit on 29-5-2009 by marg6043]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Might be time to look into these:

www.thinkgeek.com...
www.thinkgeek.com...

Make sure your RFIDs are only getting read when you know about it at least...

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
This law will not be enforced for awhile. My info is from a border guard. They will let you back in with your regular ID and a stern lecture.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by earthman4

Not sure what to think here but its obviously something that needs to be clarified.

U.S. Border Crossing Requirements Are Changing - Get Compliant by June 1, 2009!

Simplify your travel checklist!
On June 1, 2009, U.S. citizens returning home from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean or Bermuda, by land or sea, will be required to present one of the travel documents listed below.
Many of these documents are already available, and obtaining one now will ensure that you are ready on June 1, 2009, when they will be required.

U.S. Passport – This is an internationally recognized travel document that verifies a person’s identity and nationality. It is accepted for travel by air, land and sea.

U.S. Passport Card – This is a new, limited-use travel document that fits in your wallet and costs less than a U.S. Passport. It is only valid for travel by land and sea.

Enhanced Driver’s License (EDL) – Several states and Canadian provinces are issuing this driver’s license or identification document that denotes identity and citizenship. It is specifically designed for cross-border travel into the U.S. by land or sea.

Trusted Traveler Program Cards – NEXUS, SENTRI or FAST enrollment cards can speed your entry into the U.S. and are issued only to pre-approved, low-risk travelers. The cards are valid for use at land or sea; the NEXUS card can be used in airports with a NEXUS kiosk.

Special Groups – Information for Children, Groups of Children, Native Americans, "Closed Loop" Cruises, U.S. Lawful Permanent Residents, U.S. Military, Merchant Mariners, Ferries and Small Boats, and Boaters.
Knowing what documents are required and having them ready when you return home will help streamline the entry process and ensure your return to the U.S. is as smooth as possible.

www.getyouhome.gov...
or
www.dhs.gov...

[edit on 29-5-2009 by tristar]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Sundancer

So what happens if my Mexico visa runs out and I didn't have a US passport to get back in?

That scenario is impossible because you need a passport to have a visa put in it. Mine is loaded with 'em.

It's not bad that they're going to implement something like this. It makes sense, especially when people want a secure border. It's funny that all you had to do before was say, "yeah, I'm a citizen." I wonder how many to-be illegals practiced that line for months.

I wouldn't ever leave the US without a passport, even if I was going to Canada. Reason being, no nation is required to accept a US driver's license as ID. Someone could call you Jim Bob the chainsaw murderer and you'd be screwed without the passport--which is a recognized form of ID all over the world.

@OP: One can't pass freely between all EU countries. I was driving from Hungary to Germany once and I had to stop at the Austria/Hungarian border for a pass check.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   

@OP: One can't pass freely between all EU countries. I was driving from Hungary to Germany once and I had to stop at the Austria/Hungarian border for a pass check.

Well as i am frequent traveler throughout eu nations, what i mean by frequent i should mention that i change 2 passports every year as the entrance stamps that they place on border crossings do tend to fill up the pages very quickly. I guess what perhaps you may want to do next time your traveling is that that you state your origin of departure and final destination and returning path. This information is automatically fed into a central database were every eu member nation has access to and all border or customs check points are well aware of your biometrics and general information. I can honestly state that only a hand full of times that i have stopped is due to random searches for illegal substances as its normal and random.

Not sure what your citizen ship you have, but if you fly through eu nations and you have an eu passport you more or less just walk by the customs officer without them actually looking at your passport only a quick glimpse at your photo to see if you have been flagged. Unfortunately illegals crossing by sea have created a serious problem within central europe. Many southern eu nations have tolerated and have been faced with a brick wall when trying to repatriate illegals to their own country. Sad to say that even their own nation will not accept them back in, so they are left in limbo between nations who know one wants or can support. Just a quick note, most if not all illegals originating from india or pakistan have one common goal, that is for them to reach the U.K. and seek political asylum.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

I'm an American. The car that I was driving in was registered in Germany. I think what it boils down to is that Austrians don't trust Hungarians [and vice versa] and they don't give a rip what the Maastricht Treaty says.

I can travel freely back and forth between Germany and Austria, even though I'm an American. I've been told that it's always been like that between the two countries though.

you more or less just walk by the customs officer without them actually looking at your passport only a quick glimpse at your photo to see if you have been flagged.

That happens to me even though I'm an American--unless they notice that I'm from Florida!

[edit on 5/29/2009 by octotom]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by octotom
reply to post by tristar

I'm an American. The car that I was driving in was registered in Germany. I think what it boils down to is that Austrians don't trust Hungarians [and vice versa] and they don't give a rip what the Maastricht Treaty says.

I can travel freely back and forth between Germany and Austria, even though I'm an American. I've been told that it's always been like that between the two countries though.

you more or less just walk by the customs officer without them actually looking at your passport only a quick glimpse at your photo to see if you have been flagged.

That happens to me even though I'm an American--unless they notice that I'm from Florida!

[edit on 5/29/2009 by octotom]

Oh yeah, did not realize you mentioned the Hungarians, indeed there is an issue with them and i think its far deeper than the treaty you mentioned. But you did loose me with the Florida comment, why would you be, lets say more noticeable if you were from Florida.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

why would you be, lets say more noticeable if you were from Florida

Europeans think Florida is really cool and they always want to talk about it. If the person doesn't see that in my passport, I just go on through.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by octotom
reply to post by tristar

why would you be, lets say more noticeable if you were from Florida

Europeans think Florida is really cool and they always want to talk about it. If the person doesn't see that in my passport, I just go on through.

Oh, damn, you caught me off guard on that one....( Your post has made me laugh, did not even think how people would ask how cool florida is)

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

did not even think how people would ask how cool florida is

I never thought people would ask either, as I actually find Florida quite boring. Maybe I'm used to it since I grew up there.

Glad I was able to make someone laugh!

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sundancer
So what happens if my Mexico visa runs out and I didn't have a US passport to get back in? What would they do with me? If Mexico deported me wouldn't the US have to take me?

No, you could just run across the open border like the other 12 million miraculously managed to do.

If you get caught the US couldn't deport you either.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Getting back to the topic, i do feel this was the response the administration has given to curve the illegals. It would not surprise me if one day you woke up and heard that all and any illegals within the U.S. border will be chipped to keep tabs on.

My question would be, how many would remain in the U.S. ?

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

My question would be, how many would remain in the U.S. ?

I think that, if all the governement was going to do to the illegals was chip 'em to better track them, I would be afraid that you would see a larger flood of illegal immigration.

I know that if I was trying to flee (illegally) to an industrialized nation so I could try to better my life, getting chipped wouldn't be that much of a price. After all, I could get a buddy to use his pocket knife and cut it out.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Oh the arm chip is a beta implant, its when it becomes an implant deep within your body that no pocket knife could remove it is when the whole process becomes scary to say the least. Keep in mind, with a malfunction, that could cause termination of the carrier.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mozzy
just tell them that you're an illegal alien from mexico and you'll have no problems re entering.

[edit on 29-5-2009 by Mozzy]

You could do that or you could just declare your loyalty to der fuhrer (obama).

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join