It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abu Ghraib abuse photos 'show rape'

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Raping has been going on in wars since wars have been going on. There are always bad eggs. The fact this facility supported extreme torture just welcomed this kind of behavior. I mean, If I can cut this guy up, smash his head, shock him, etc, why cant I rape her too?

Problem is in war you need everyone you can get, so they don't screen well for sickos like this, they really need to, not that they care, they definitely don't. Just more the reason war is a bad idea, especially this type of war. Lets rapeists get away with rape, murderers with murder, thieves with theft, and gives them awards for it sometimes too.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Originally posted by 27jd
I agree that my government has made quite a few messes, I couldn't agree more. But again we're not the only ones doing this, Russia does it, China does it, the UK does it, everybody with any real global influence does it. This is a global agenda, and the key players are not all sitting in the US.

Of course the UK does it too
but most of those countries mentioned do it locally within their own countries
their corruption isn't global, it's within the country

Originally posted by 27jd
Our "leaders" make out with each other, while convincing us to hate each other, they laugh behind closed doors at us all, like kids shaking a jar of bugs to make them fight. I want my country to be as great as it can be, and constructive criticism is fine, but some of the outright insults get real old. Ya know?

Ya it's like Jesse Ventura said
Politics is like wrestlign, they pretend to hate each othe but are all friends in the locker room.

The insults are like a broken record, but at the same time it's not mentioning the same thing over and over again.
There's new current events everyday to speak of.

But you just should just remember
People being anti-american govt. shouldn't give you shame

Out all the entire globe, americans giving to charities is very much something to spothlight.

Just be happy that you aren't in China, where the people allow oppression.
It's taking so long in the U.S. because they wouldn't just allow it.

These are the things to be proud of!

Did you see the young american teenagers protesting during the republican covention?
AMAZING!

[edit on 1-6-2009 by rb4971]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SOXMIS
I also believe if you havent commited an offence but are involved with illegal activities you are guilty by association.

Does this apply to the people who beheaded Dan Pearl?

Those who dragged bodies in Somalia?

Or hung them on bridges in Kuwait?

Or (since you believe our entire presence in the Middle East is illegal), just your enemies, American soldiers?

jw

[edit on 1-6-2009 by jdub297]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Wait a minute!

I thought homosexuality was not allowed in the military!?!?!?!?!

Does this count?

I guess homosexuality in the name of TORTURE is just fine and dandy...

But homosexuality in the name of LOVE is forbidden!

[edit on 1-6-2009 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Didnt read the article, dont need to. Since i am canadian i will relate what i know. Many years ago, an ELITE army core from canada was in Africa doing "peace core" work. And after they had done their mission it was found out cause someone had a concience that there were rapes, sodomy etc that happened while they were doing their job. fotos etc. This Elite group were tried and convicted. they were disbanded.

What people dont understand, and I am NOT condoning these actions from any military in the world. IS that these soldiers are brain washed. Plain and simple. To do the job that is required of them, they have been propped up, told they are above whoever they are fighting against, etc etc.
So when they actually do their "job" they feel above the law. and the mentality that in order to be higher/ teach those that they are the subserviant. TO show that they are below them ,and in some peoples mind that means sexually too. This is not the first time it has happened thru the wars of the world, and it wont be the last.
To hate and use this against having troops and fighting wars is absurd!!
I do not and never will condone or agree that the war in Iraq was nessecary. But if you are soo upset with what is happening then direct your anger at those that should be responsible for this. Starting with Bush, Cheney and the Generals, They KNOW what is going on and what will happen. And until they are brought forward to explain why they allowed this to happen, nothing is actually going to be done. Maybe a few court marshals, etc. But you try the person at the top and heads will roll.. cause they are TRAINED to protect their own A$$.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Maybe my thinking is wrong, but i have always thought that the best recruits would be those in our prisons. Sentenced for long terms.
What better way to show how tough a MF you are then going to another country and killing people. If they get killed so be it, better than sitting in a jail and living off our tax dollars for being stupid and commiting crimes.

Take them to another country. give them basic training and get them to walk in front of the tanks for land mines, get them to be the first to check if that person is a suicide bomber. etc etc.

I am sure after they perform 5 years of active duty, and survive it, they can be free citizens ... of another country.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Apparently? Appear to? Said to? People who post things like this should be ashamed. Until they are FACT, anything like this is just stirring the pot. Not to mention that a couple of soldiers are supposed to be representative of all of the soldiers there?

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Here Here! Well said. Anyone who defends this kind of degradation and violations of human decency should be considered dangerous and a threat to civilised society and the people who commit these acts should be summarily executed.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Two wrongs dont make a right...

If the best point you can make is "..other govts. are doing it, so what if we do...etc", well then you are beyond help....

It boils down to the US's abuse of its superpower status that peeves me off the most.....

China steals body parts from its prisoners without permission.....
Does that mean Amerika can/should do likewise??
NO!!

Of course not....

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Hmmm... I don't know about this one. This is a conspiracy forum afterall. Most of you don't believe the official story behind 9/11. Why should you believe this? Why should you believe anything the news media reports? This is the Orwellian-named "information" age. Photos can be doctored and the entire mainstream news media can be controlled, right?

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Love this one line in the article.....

""The mere depiction of these pictures is horrendous enough, take my word for it."

Sorry pal I stopped takeing peoples "word for it" along time ago...And this statement alone makes me doubt the validity of this accusation.

believe half of what you see and none of what hear....

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I tend to agree with Mike...it makes no sense.

I was in the army, and even the absolute worst of our unit, I couldn't imagine in a million years engaging in stuff like this on this scale. I honestly hope these allegations turn out to be BS. I really do. But given what we already know and have convicted people for...

I mean, a translator raping a little boy while a female soldier takes pictures or records on camera? there isn't a single person I know who WOULDN'T violently remove the genitalia of a young boy. Yet they are videotaping this crap? Which means they are cool with this?

I wonder, when they get home, and the unit has a family fun day or picnic or whatever, and you have these guys who you watched rape children, and they are at a picnic with other peoples kids......

At a unit level, there is no way this behavior would not have been known about by others, and I honestly can't get my head around others in the unit condoning or keeping such things hush hush for so long. An entire unit condoning the rape of women and children? SODOMY? back when i was in, soldiers as a rule were still very antagonistic towards adult homosexuality, let alone that involving kids.

If this new stuff is true, we have a deeper problem and nastier rot than we realized.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Can I ask which army you were in Skadi? Also did you do any active duties? I met many soldiers in the British army who had never been out of camp when serving overseas and wouldnt get involved in any discussions regarding the nature of their job. I also met many guys who had a complete culture shock when faced with the reality of going into war and finding out what their role really is, myself among them. However many seemed to settle into it quite easily. A lot even enjoyed it.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
I love ATS, where anyone who makes the news is GUILTY untill people get tired of dragging them through the mud. Hey! Here is an idea, how about we find out if any of this is true before we get the ropes in the trees? The ones here pissing and moaning about how bad the US millitary is should do themselves a favor and find a nice country to go to. Chavez said you can go there! Just bring your AC unit. It will get hot. If soldiers were told to do this, then the command that ordered it will get found out. Once the media gets a hold of evidence, it will be everywhere. Since there is no evidence as of yet, how about we put the pitch forks down.

I believe rape photos are enough evidence? Or maybe I'm wrong. Maybe sufficient evidence is a photo with a head stuck on a spike and an american soldier smiling at the camera? Dead bodies? Is that what we want as evidence? What the hell do you want?

Even if the theory that these soldiers were "ordered" to do what they did by their superiors or whoever they take orders from, it still doesn't make them any less guilty, and i think the main reason why the photos are still not approved for release is that whoknows hoe many people are involved there, not necessarily people who did the rapes and torture but people who knew about it and kept their silence.

Originally posted by jjkenobi
I still support "the troops". Out of all the armed forces how many were stationed at Abu? 1%? .01%? And how many there were involved in abuse? Half of them? People who already hate the armed forces use speculative stories like this to reinforce their existing beliefs.

I see ... And how exactly do you know this for sure? Whatever i don't wanna know.

I know the same thing happened, and is still happening in Guantanamo Bay.

Hello? Did you forget about that one?

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join