It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abu Ghraib abuse photos 'show rape'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on May, 28 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Abu Ghraib abuse photos 'show rape'

www.telegraph.co.uk

At least one picture shows an American soldier apparently raping a female prisoner while another is said to show a male translator raping a male detainee.

Further photographs are said to depict sexual assaults on prisoners with objects including a truncheon, wire and a phosphorescent tube.

Among the graphic statements, which were later released under US freedom of information laws, is that of Kasim Mehaddi Hilas in which he says: “I saw [name of a translator] ******* a kid, his age would
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.alertnet.org

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Among the graphic statements, which were later released under US freedom of information laws, is that of Kasim Mehaddi Hilas in which he says: “I saw [name of a translator] ******* a kid, his age would be about 15 to 18 years. The kid was hurting very bad and they covered all the doors with sheets. Then when I heard screaming I climbed the door because on top it wasn’t covered and I saw [name] who was wearing the military uniform, putting his **** in the little kid’s ***…. and the female soldier was taking pictures.”

Are there still people here on ATS that will say that they support the troops?

Is this what should really be the focus on memorial day?

Or do you all want your illusion of pride to remain?

Yes there are good troops as well, but they are still under a corrupt agenda nonetheless.

I'm sure the next video of pakistanis hitting a girl with a stick in Swat will create more anger than this will, because it's in the name of good if it's our troops doing it right?

This has been happening for so long and it seems it was used on purporse for interrogation techniques of some sort of just general oppression.

Was iraq an apartheid?

Support the troops right?
Let's keep that slave mentality
Let's keep hating on deserters with moral concsciousness.

Waterboarding was nothing compared to this.
That kid will be forever scared

And i'm sure this is only the tip of the iceberg

Hello Nazi Germany, we're not too far behind.

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Army forces have a long storied past of raping, murdering and stealing. Spoils of war I believe they call it, disgusting!!!

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
the thing i find most disturbing is that the telegraph report states that "The latest photographs relate to 400 cases of alleged abuse between 2001 and 2005 in Abu Ghraib and six other prisons." if the public knew about the abuse of prisoners in the first half of 2004, the command structure certainly knew of it.

so why was it still going on into 2005?

this really seems to me to be more than "just a few bad apples", it's hard to view this as any less than systematic.

we really need to wonder if the danger in releasing these photo's stems from the back lash they may cause or the fact that it will implicate a far larger portion of the military than has previously been implicated?

do these photo's suggest a large enough part of the command structure was aware of this that, if appropriate action was to be taken, it would cripple the military?

a few time stamps are all that might be required.

[edit on 28/5/09 by pieman]

+5 more 
posted on May, 28 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I love ATS, where anyone who makes the news is GUILTY untill people get tired of dragging them through the mud. Hey! Here is an idea, how about we find out if any of this is true before we get the ropes in the trees? The ones here pissing and moaning about how bad the US millitary is should do themselves a favor and find a nice country to go to. Chavez said you can go there! Just bring your AC unit. It will get hot. If soldiers were told to do this, then the command that ordered it will get found out. Once the media gets a hold of evidence, it will be everywhere. Since there is no evidence as of yet, how about we put the pitch forks down.

+10 more 
posted on May, 28 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
The ones here pissing and moaning about how bad the US millitary is should do themselves a favor and find a nice country to go to. Chavez said you can go there!

What are you talking about?
These iraqis that got raped were NOT in the U.S.
They probably had no interest in coming here either
So how does leaving U.S. solve anything when troops are everywhere all over the globe?

What's wrong with people man?

Is just being offended the best you can do?

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I still support "the troops". Out of all the armed forces how many were stationed at Abu? 1%? .01%? And how many there were involved in abuse? Half of them? People who already hate the armed forces use speculative stories like this to reinforce their existing beliefs.

+2 more 
posted on May, 28 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Just imagine the kind of deranged filth soldier who volunteers for that kind of duty, the sodomy and the picture taking. Guys in prison wanting to boink each other is bad enough, but this is just warped.

Demonic scum filth!

Peace

+3 more 
posted on May, 28 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
my statement is meant for the ones who would generalize this incident and make sweeping statments like

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Are there still people here on ATS that will say that they support the troops?

Yes I support the troops. I used to be one. If given an order to do anything remotely close to this, it would be considered and unlawfull order and my duty as a human to escilate the problem as far up the chain of command as it can go without concern for my own safety. To make a stement like you made is like saying most of the millitary is like this when in fact even these people have yet to be proven guilty. I understand the mob mentality and the will to look out for the oppressed, but don't let blind hate cloud your vision. The US soldiers are people just like everyone else.

edit to add:
and we have no troops in Venezuala. So Hugo will enjoy the companyat the dinner table. You can sit next to Sean Penn.

[edit on 28-5-2009 by network dude]

+3 more 
posted on May, 28 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   

To make a stement like you made is like saying most of the millitary is like this when in fact even these people have yet to be proven guilty.

Dude, Iraq is yet to be proven guilty but they still invaded the country didn't they? They still tortured so many people, women and kids didn't they?

You are not supporting my statement when it's only a statement because you believe I am both generalizing and making forming an opinion based on people yet to be convicted.

But you support an army of people with guns who invaded a country yet to be found guilty and then tortured women and children and raped them?

Many didn't rape, many are good troops yes. Many of those troops are STILL there in Iraq when the country haven't been found guilty yet and will never. First it was to fight against the plotters of 911 who were al-qaida in taliban but instead went to the oil rich country known as iraq, then it was WMDs then this then that but let's support them?

You don't support me for said reasons, but then support many people that also go against your said reasons with ten-fold magnitude?

Do you see where i'm coming from now?

[edit on 28-5-2009 by ModernAcademia]

+13 more 
posted on May, 28 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Humans like this don't deserve to be called a "soldier". That's a slap in the face to all soldiers. It's a sub-human act to sexually brutalize a completely helpless person, much less a child.

Peace

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I am with you on the point that we had no business in Iraq or even Afganistan (due to 9-11). But you hit a nerve when you blame the grunts for something the puppet master did. A soldier is a sodlier because he believes in something so much he is willing to die for it. He does what he is told and does it to the best of his ability. Courts are the ones who judge us here. God it the one who will judge us later. Since I am niether one of those, I try not to do it. I am willing to support our millitary people with my life the same as I took an oath to support my country with my life if nessesary. Blame the button pushers, not the soldiers.

edit to add:
I still dont think we had a reson to invade Iraq, but to say that there were no WMDs is just ludicris. Where did all the SCUD missles go? They were moved to the place the UN inspectors said they were not going to go. I don't know this for fact, but the common sense part of my brain says that Saddam didn't spend a bunch of time and money dismanteling his rocket infrastructure because W said so. The UN inspectors had to make a two week out appointment to view any facility. Pretty secret agenda don't ya think?

[edit on 28-5-2009 by network dude]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

can you see the evidence through that pitch fork? If it's true, then you are right, if it's not, then you are a BIG part of the problem. If it's true, then these people, (all involved up to base commander) need to be tried and punished publicly. But if it's some propaganda made to rally the people against their troops, then maybe we should wait a bit before executing everyone wearing BDUs.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   

But you hit a nerve when you blame the grunts for something the puppet master did.

I understand where your coming from here too
I DO understand
I used to think like you too once upon a time

But this isnt' 1945 anymore, it isn't the same country it used to be

I am willing to support our millitary people with my life the same as I took an oath to support my country with my life if nessesary. Blame the button pushers, not the soldiers.

There are plenty of people who believe this too.
But imagine if they didn't!

If people weren't like this perhaps there would be no war.

Your economy wouldn't be in ruins
You wouldn't have tent cities across many states
Is it patriotic to support having all 50 states become like California is now?
Isn't that you are doing?

It's patriotic to feel pride in supporting or being a slave of these button pushing mobsters?

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
There are always going to be bad apples in armies. Many troops have their own children and would stop this. You also have to remember that the army recruited a lot of felons and psychopathic people because they wanted to meet requirements. Put sociopathic psychopaths in war and they will do bad things.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I still support my brothers and sisters. Believe me, we will not be harmed from your lack of support. Its like taking a grain of sand off the beach.

The loss is insignificant.

I haven't seen the picture of this happening nor have you. But as long as it claims some type of abuse it must be true, right?

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   

can you see the evidence through that pitch fork? If it's true, then you are right, if it's not, then you are a BIG part of the problem.

You know what, you're absolutely right, I have no evidence. Just thinking about crap like this pisses me off! I will withhold further judgement.

That being said, it certainly wouldn't surprise me after the pics we've already seen from that place.

Peace

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

For those saying that you haven't seen pics yet
the statement is almost irrelevant because your opinion will not change when/if the pics come out anyhow.

So what difference does/will it make?

This is a telegraph article, they interviewed people, but you want to see pics.

Ok fine, let's say you do. You will still support the same thing now right?'
So why even mention it?
Rape was an agenda, it wasn't a few bad apples!

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Something about this makes absolutely zero sense.

I started thinking about this yesterday. The fact this was documented in such a manner makes zero sense.

Normally when soldiers are caught in illegal activity, there usually isn't photographic evidence and if there is its very little.

Even day to day operations arn't documented like this. Out of all the pictures I have from deployments, very few are from any missions. Theyre mostly tourist type pictures.

Something just isn't clicking here.

372nd Military Police Company was a reservist unit, this means everyday folks. These were not Active duty troops.

These were regular Americans.

People who normally lived and worked in Maryland.

205th Military Intelligence Brigade was an active duty unit on the other hand.

Iraqi translators were also involved.

Lastly there were contractors also involved. Who were these guys? What company did they work for?

Most of the people charged were from the reservist MP unit. Very few other people outside of it were punished.

None of it makes any sense.

The pictures that havn't been released are far worse than rape. The CID report describes things that remind me of the film Hostel, including weird neo nazi crap.

It personally makes me absolutely disgusted. Part of it feels demonic and clearly evil.

There are unimaginable horrors going on in dark places and it is clearly insane.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
reply to post by jd140

For those saying that you haven't seen pics yet
the statement is almost irrelevant because your opinion will not change when/if the pics come out anyhow.

So what difference does/will it make?

None to me. The General should be deemed credible.

Rape was an agenda, it wasn't a few bad apples!

Who's agenda?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join