It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bigfoot 8MM footage unearthed?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Hi all,

I did do a brief search on ATS for this, and I didn't see anything, so please correct me if i'm wrong, or merge the threads if there is one.

It's quite funny, what with the couple of Bigfoot/Sasquatch threads that have become active in the last couple of days. I had this email shot sent to me this morning which had a link to a youtube video supposedly showing a large hairy hominid coming out of a cornfield.

As with all 'legit' footage, it's shaky, grainy, and could possibly make you sea sick, but I wanted to share it with you and hopefully shed a little more light on the footage.

Apparently the film was obtained at a garage sale...? Its marked 1977 and was recorded in Pennsylvania.

One odd thing I noticed in the blurb was the the (now deceased) person who shot the footage was a farmer/hobbyist... so, maybe its a hoax. See what you think:

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
It looks like a CGI project from some class. First off, the guy with the camera set up his 8mm camera on the edge of a cornfield, on a tripod, and was just lucky enough to have bigfoot walk out and then back in, right in front of the camera? What luck. Next, the picture is so blurry, it could be Mr. Green Jeans (see Capt. Kangaroo) and not realy bigfoot. The Patterson footage was much clearer and he was running arround. Sorry to be a wet blanket, but that is what I see.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
No apology needed sir! I have to say that the overpowering smell of cheese and BS when I saw this was incredible, so i'm with you on this one.

I watched it a couple of times and it looks like the person filming did it through a very damp and dirty window.

CGI, I don't think it is, but someone in a fur coat or a suit goofing around, more than likely

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Genus_Unknown

I was actually tinking CGI due to the fact that it looked so blury. Like someone learing the software made it and tried to make it look like it came from 1977 or whatever.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Good point. I'm not too up to speed with the whole CGI thing really. I guess I was too busy focusing on the 'thing' to pay it a lot of attention.

I'm certainly siding with 'fake!' on this one.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Very blurry obviously. Interesting the way "it" walks out, seems to point / gesture at something and then go back into the corn.

It could just be a farmer coming out and yelling, "Hey you kids!! Get yerself and that @#$* camera outta my corn field!!" before going back to what he was doing..

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Isn't it great how the enhancements made the film worse? The blurriness had some extra blurry in it and the fuzzy had some extra fuzz in it after the "special enhancements". And that's the best screen captures you can take from the original film reel? One would think that with today's technology we'd get a stunning image from an original film...

As was said before - it could be anything... Why did they (the people that "discovered" the film) decide that it's Bigfoot, and not the mothman or an alien or the Zodiac killer or "the beast in the mist"? One cannot conclusively say from that footage that it's Bigfoot (or anything else for that matter).

On a side note, according to Loren Coleman the film is now owned by American Feud... People in Pennsylvania that makes political films... Where Bigfoot and politics come together is anyone's guess.

My opinion. Fake. And even if it's really a "lost film from 1977", it's not Bigfoot.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf

On a side note, according to Loren Coleman the film is now owned by American Feud... People in Pennsylvania that makes political films... Where Bigfoot and politics come together is anyone's guess.

My opinion. Fake. And even if it's really a "lost film from 1977", it's not Bigfoot.

Hmmm.. I took a look at their site and noticed the text on some of their "additional shorts" on youtube looks similar to the added text in the "bigfoot" footage. What I saw was politcial in nature.

Hmm..a 1977 film owned by a political film co. Maybe Billy Carter on a bad morning in a foggy peanut field?

If they do own the film it may be some kind viral marketing for something they have coming.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Genus_Unknown

It is hard to make out what is walking and is probably a person. Why did they sit on this footage for thirty years? If it isn't a hoax, it does not contain much of an image to be of any value.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Well you can never tell well the quality is this bad specially the 70's but i wish they could make a way to make a quality like this 1 as if it were shot using a better camera

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
To me this is an obvious hoax.

The 'grain' and film damage are quite easily created these days using any low-budget video editing program.

The figures movement indicates that it is human, not primate. It walks like a man. Compare its movement to the Patterson footage... a stark contrast.

There isn't even any detail on the figure. You can't tell if it is just some guy wearing black or an actual suit.

The lame disclaimer at the start pretty much seals it.

I'd say it is some kids project. Would take half a day to make probably.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
The film is TOO grainy..There is film from the 60's that is 100% clearer..Look at some of the home movies of Sid Barret..

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Absolutely laughable. Even if this is genuine footage, how the hell will anyone be able to prove it?

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   
aaarrrrhhhh HOAX!...sniff, sniff, aaarrrrhhhh HOAX! aaarrrrhhhh HOAX! aaarrrrhhhh HOAX!, oh sorry, must be the swine flu i just can't stop sneezing aaarrrrhhhh HOAX!

top topics

join