It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush/Cheney - possibly the greatest Presidential team in the history of the USA!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Ismail

This is off-topic, and if I get smacked for it, I'll gladly take my demerits.

I REALLY don't appreciate the way you responded. I have read the whole thread, and hear many persons' angst and horror at what the OP is proposing.

I REALLY don't care for the way you responded, with the "TROLL" replicated over and over. The OP is not a troll. JSBD has proposed what he thinks is a valid point toward the Bush administration. I don't personally agree with JSBD, but I wonder if looking back 30 years from now -- should I live so long -- that I might agree THEN.

See where I'm coming from? You want to label this line of though as "trollism" and that REALLY pisses me off. It's like censorship by herd mentality.

yes, most people on ATS might disagree with the OP. Hell, I've disagreed with him dozens of times. Stow your troll banner. Don't use it again.

Just sound advice. *

*someday............. in the future, we might be friends................ if we learn to play fair and treat each other respectfully

[edit on 26/5/09 by argentus]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

Thanks for your post Argentus. I dont expect everyone to agree with me. I just wanted to express my opinion and discuss it on a discussion board. I dont have a problem with you disagreeing with me. I am open to mistake just like any other human being. I do think that 30 years from now, or even 10, that peoples perspective on this matter may change. Maybe I am wrong, but maybe not.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by justsomeboreddude

I'm calling you a troll because every sigle post you have wrote on this thread made me bust out laughing. Thats not meant as an attack, by the way. It's just that... I mean you are here, on ATS, actually saying that Bush is one of the greatest men ever to have lived, which is the kind of declaration even the inbred characters out of Deliverance couldn't have pulled keeping a straight face... And you expect us to think that you are serious ?

I mean look around you (virtually, stay with me here). Most of us are fairely smart, and mostly sane... and you are telling us, despite all the overwhelming proof that Bush was a TERRIBLE president (starting by 9/11 because be you a truther or not, those hundreds of warnings from internal and external sources were not made up by "loosechange", or any other internet loony), you are arguing, here, to us, the "denying ignorance people" that the man was, quote, "The Best" ?

I mean come on. You can't be for real. Not possible. Nah ah...

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Ismail

Glad I could make you laugh

We have already acknowledge that Bush knew planes might be attacked and he did the best thing, buy telling the agencies but not scaring the American public by making it public.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr UAE

Oh so now I am uneducated because I dont believe in the 911 conspiracy. I could make the same case for those who do believe. I am sure however that my side would win in a court of law as the preponderance of evidence would sway in my favor. By the way, I am educated. I went to college just like many other people.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by justsomeboreddude
reply to post by savagediver

I will check out your links. We all know youtube and fringe websites arell of truth and no one on there ever makes up stuff just to sell books or con people. I guess you believe in Free Energy and AntiGrav too.

The man in the video is Michael Ruppert , he has a $1000.00 offer to anyone who can prove the papers and statements in his video false.He is a former LA. narcotics officer who was propositioned by the cia to look the other way while they moving coc aine from Columbia to sell here in the states on c-130's. That was back in the good ole reagan iran-contra days.

On the other comments I do believe there is much cheaper energy technolgies being held back but will eventually become mainstream and I do believe there is antigravity technology already in use by our military and that too in time will become mainstreamin some point in time as well.I have nothing to back that up with , just my own personal opinion.

Back to the OP. I dont think bush and cheney are anywhere near the best we ever had.My personal view is they are quite possibly 2 of the worst we ever had.The patriot act alone makes me sick. I would much rather try my luck with the terrorist's than to have the constitution tore apart by my own government.

With the info given this admin. by other countries intel. agencies , would it not have been better to have put marshalls on all planes before 911 at the very least???? To me it would seem to have been a whole lot more cost effective than having 2 wars.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by savagediver
The patriot act alone makes me sick. I would much rather try my luck with the terrorist's than to have the constitution tore apart by my own government.

With the info given this admin. by other countries intel. agencies , would it not have been better to have put marshalls on all planes before 911 at the very least???? To me it would seem to have been a whole lot more cost effective than having 2 wars.

Well I suggest you go have some fun and see how your friends in the Tabliban/AlQuaeda camp would treat your freedoms. You prove my point. There are people hear who would rather support terrorists than believe their own goverment. I feel really sad for you.

As far as the Marshall's go, hindsight is 20/20. You all woud be complaining about the money he spent if nothing happened, because you would find a way to dislike Bush no matter what he did or didnt do.

As far as free energy and anti grav go there is no proof this exists or is even possible in a cost effective manner. If there is I would like to see it, since that is why I originally found ATS.

[edit on 5/26/2009 by justsomeboreddude]

link   
reply to post by smurfy

Why of course !

link   
I think everyone is missing the point. There is a fairly simple explanation for why there has been no attack since 9/11.

Reverse Psychology.

During the two terms with Bush as president, the administration claimed time after time after time that terrorists were out their planning to attack the nation. The claimed that it wasn't a matter of if, but a matter of when they attack.

Therefore, no terrorists ever attacked. They all assumed someone else would do it for them. I mean, if you're a terrorist and you are capable of launching a small to mediocre attack, but you think another terrorist is in the midst of creating another 9/11, would you risk his operation by completing yours?

One terrorist blows up a bus and the next thing you know its fifty times harder to smuggle nuclear material into the country.

People underestimate the power of suggestion.

As for whether or not Bush and Cheney are the greatest presidential team in history...

I say the president's who created the country are slightly more important than the presidential team that was in power when the greatest terrorist attack was carried out on their countries soil.

even IF they did keep everyone safe in the aftermath.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by coincidence_theorist

Well I can agree with you on the point of our Founding Fathers. I cant deny that they were great men, probably as good or better than Bush/Cheney. However, I am sure there are people on this thread that hate them too and think they were part of a conspiracy against them as well.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   

No he knew that planes WOULD be hijacked, because ten odd other countries secret services told him so. Cheney had the reports from the guys at NSA watching these guys learn to fly an not to land on his desk, for heavens sake. They were incompetant, and that is to say the least. I still can't believe I'm having this debate....

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   

I don't think Bush/Cheney should take all the credit for keeping America safe. It's the people who work for the security of our nation every day. The coast guard, border patrol, military, customs, law enforcement, etc. Those are the people who should take all the credit. Some might say that Bush and Cheney made us less safe by allowing torture, letting the economy go into free fall, and two wars that could have been handled better.

As for Obama, in my opinion, not releasing the torture photos was the right decision and having dialog with adversaries is a necessary diplomatic avenue. However, that's not to say I agree with every Obama policy.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Orion52

Well I agree that all the men and women putting their lives on the line to protect this country deserve credit too. It is just that they havent had to take the heat and lies about 911 as much as Bush/Cheney.

I do agree that the wars may have been handled better. I think Rumsfeld was right in wanting to attack Iran and Syria at the same time they attacked Iraq.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ismail

No he knew that planes WOULD be hijacked, because ten odd other countries secret services told him so. Cheney had the reports from the guys at NSA watching these guys learn to fly an not to land on his desk, for heavens sake. They were incompetant, and that is to say the least. I still can't believe I'm having this debate....

Well I highly doubt that is all how it went down. Even if somehow it did, its not like these men arent focused on a million problems. So if they made a mistake in prioritizing, it is understandable. At least once they did happen they dealt with it and took the fight to the terrorists.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Did you look at how professors of universities and high school teachers refuted the physics of the collapse of the buildings?

How about temperatures of certain metals glow certain colors for a certain amount of time, and also the vids testing molten aluminum?

[edit on 26-5-2009 by shanerz]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by shanerz

Did you look at how professors of universities and high school teachers refuted the physics of the collapse of the buildings?

How about temperatures of certain metals glow certain colors for a certain amount of time, and also the vids testing molten aluminum?
[edit on 26-5-2009 by shanerz]

Professors and High School teachers

That is a prime example of who not to listen to. A bunch of people who were so fearful they couldnt go out and compete in the real world.

Give me a real world scientest that actually is involved in the real world.

For every scientests you give me that say its a comspiracy, I can give you two who says it was not.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
They did not "take the fight to the terrorists". They were equally incompetant at capturing Ben Laden (if such a guy even exists), because after being surrounded, he managed to get away on a motorcycle. Then they attacked Iraq, just like they already planned to. Why ? Because they started trading Oil for euros. Same as Iran. And we know what's coming for them.

You need to read "A project for a New American Century", ordered by the Neo-cons for the Bush administration. Which, correct me if I am wrong, stated in 1999 of the changes they wanted to bring about in the US, quote, « Further more, the process of transformation, even if it brings revolutionary change, is likely to be a long one, absent some catastrophic and catalyzing event – like a new Pearl Harbor. » Oh. Got lucky on that one then...

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
The truth of the matter is there are those that truly believe Bush and Cheney did a good job and some of those people really don't have an agenda.
There are those that believe in conspiracys that aren't nuts.

What one truly believes doesn't make those beliefs right.

The MSM doesn't always lie, and internet doesn't always hold the truth, what we choose to accept as truth is not always the correct truth.

I stand with the minority Americas two party system is broken beyond repair, and most people still don't get it.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by justsomeboreddude
reply to post by UnderTheirRadar

We aren't trying to embed our beliefs in Iraq. That was just some BS Bush had to come up with to satisfy all the war hating liberals.

Very nice... Let's take a look at all of the BS that Bush had to come up with to satisfy all the "war hating liberals".

First, it was WMD... It's a "slam-dunk" according to Cheney. "Mushroom Cloud" by your hero Bush's words. Guess what? Iraq had neither. Where are the WMD? Didn't exist. Where are the nukes? Also didn't exist (hell, not even close). Your heroes spouted this junk.

Okay, WMD didn't work, let's change the reason! Saddam Hussein was a brutal dictator! Why, actually, yes he was... He tortured people in Abu Ghraib (sound familiar?). He was a bad, bad, man. I agree, wholeheartedly. Did he have anything to do with 9/11? Not in the least. And, the only reason we really rallied against this particular "dictator" is that he wasn't our "dictator" anymore. We supported Saddam totally when he kept Iran in check. Your Bush hero at once denied that Saddam had anything to do with 9/11, then refused to correct people when they jumped to that conclusion on their own. Nice and neat.

Reason 3: We went into Iraq to liberate them. Operation Iraqi Freedom. Needless to say, if the Iraqis truly needed liberating, they would have done so themselves. The "liberating" that Bush refers to is actually a "democratization" of the Middle East... yeah, good luck with that. We had plenty of chances in the past to "liberate" the Iraqis. It only became a factor when we wanted an oil pipeline through their territory. (oh, yeah, Bush, your hero, is an oilman...)

Look up the Downing Street Memo, dude. This war was planned by Cheney, Wolfowitz, and Rumsfeld long before they came into power, and way before 9/11. What a joke.

Another issue... I am against war. I have always been against war. I am a liberal thanks to your Bush hero. I was a Libertarian, but became a liberal BECAUSE of your hero Bush. He pushed many people on the fence away from your cause. For that reason alone, he did more damage then good, and should be reviled by you. As far as I'm concerned, if you like the idea of war, then you have never put your life on the line nor have you seen your buddy killed next to you. Yes, I was in the Devil Dogs, and in Panama, my buddy's head exploded next to me. Join the Corps, go to Iraq or Afghanistan, then let's see if you still think only liberals are anti-war.

In short, grow up, grow a pair, join the Service, fight in a war, then come back and talk to us.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join