It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush/Cheney - possibly the greatest Presidential team in the history of the USA!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by xBRINGxONx2012x

Originally posted by Kram09
You say you would be ok with members of your own family being tortured? I think you are either completely brain washed by the government and the media or you are totally insane. I have to say your mood at the current moment is very apt. All i can say is i am glad i am not a member of your family. You must be one cold sad individual. I truely pity you.
[edit on 27/5/09 by Kram09]

I think when he is saying this, he is saying that "if a relative of his is about to do something harsh, such as fly a plane into the twin towers or the pentagon, killing thousands of innocents, he would have no problem with this person being detained and possibly executed". If a member of my family was plotting a terrorist attack, I wouldn't sit back and say "well, they are family..." I would call the police and have them arrest the family member.

Fair enough i can understand that of course. But i don't advocate torturing people, even my own family as a way to gain information as it ineffective anyway.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Really, how is this allowed to continue??? At least create a "Trolling" section in the topics board and move it there!! Jay-Zuss

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by xBRINGxONx2012x

A star for you. Thanks for brining some common sense to this thread. You are one of the few people that get it and realize we dont live in a magical land where everyone would love us if we were only nicer.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

I think the reason we are arguing is because in the post you made earlier it seems there was a typo or mistake and it made it look as if you were saying you wished my family to be tortured. That is why i was annoyed. So i think we kind of had our wires crossed a bit. I know i called you insane and yes that was a deliberate personal attack on you. Yes it was hypocritical of me.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

Well I apologize if I wrote it in a way that you could interpret as me saying I want to see your family beheaded. That is not furher from the truth. I dont wish that on anyone.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   

The way I see it is, let's say we capture a terrorist that is part of a group and was planning an attack on downtown NYC. We capture him, yet the bombs (or whatever weapon) is still out there. We know, since he is part of a group, that they are going to try this attack again.
If the terrorist believes in his attack THAT much, he will say nothing...even when offered a Get Out Of Jail Free card. However, if you are being tortured, all you want is for it to stop. If you torture someone enough, they could eventually squeal on the rest of the group just because he can no longer take the torture.
Yes, torture sounds terrible, and that is because it is. But the person had a choice...he could have NOT joined in on the attack on America and NOT been in this situation at all!

The way I see it is, torture one man and save thousands, or let him be in comfort while thousands die.

(NOTE: I am trying to keep as civil as possible...no threatening, no bashing, etc.)

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
While we are at it. Shouldn't Rumsfeld get a Gold Star or something?

And lest we not forget about the heck of a job by "Brownie."

Did I miss anyone?

Regards...KK

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   

I have to say i understand where you are coming from but i respectfully disagree with your opinion.

On a slightly similar note there is a new film with Samuel L Jackson coming out next year. It should be just your thing.

Unthinkable

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by xBRINGxONx2012x

Exactly. Sometimes it is ok to torture if it saves good lives. Everyone would torture if say someone buried there kid alive with only a few hours of air before they suffocate. How could you not torture the responsible person until they gave you the info you needed to save their life. If you let your own kid die to save a criminal you would be evil.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Yeah we should give every one their due credit. My apologies to those I forgot to give my gratitude to.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
OP says they prevented problems by taking the fight to the enemy.

First, the enemy did not have a location. They hide behind families in civilian neighborhoods, in caves, etc.

Second, that's called aggression. If Russia were to do that today, say in Venezuela, we would be all over them for their outlandish aggressive imperialism. You have to take the time to see us through the eyes of others.

Third, the administration is like a safety program. You never know if it really worked or not, because nothing happened. At least you did something to try to make a difference. However, that being said, we all paid a price in loss of freedoms when the Patriot Act was passed. It should be repealed when things cool down, as similar laws have been following other wars.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by tombangelta

How many history books have you read where they discsuss the NWO agenda as being real. The only reference I see is politicians using it as a visual picture of using there policies to make the world better.... a new order to things if you will. Somehow people have managed to take a simple catch phrase and turn it into a religion.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
***ATTNETION***

GET BACK ON TOPIC PLEASE.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by justsomeboreddude

Like I said it is all in the perception...As a woman I can honestly say that I do not understand Men. I do not believe Mr Bush cares about my safety. I do not know what else to say

[edit on 27-5-2009 by HulaAnglers]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

My apologies. I let myself take the bait.

Getting back on topic. All I am saying is that you dont have to love George Bush and Dick Cheney, but just be thankful that they were there to stand up and protect you.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by HulaAnglers

I am curious as to why you dont think he was worried about your safety and everyother good citizien of this country. Do you remember how mad he was after 911 and how everytime he brought it up for the next several months he would get so angry he would almost cry. That is just pure passion. I think he really felt bad, because he felt like the government as a whole failed to prevent it from occuring. I am not saying it is his fault, just that sometimes things happen that you didnt properly plan on for whatever reason.

Then he took this passion and pointed it toward making sure he would do anything in his power to prevent it from happening again. How is that a bad thing?

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join