It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The truth about Margarine ... Interesting read.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
(i was forwarded this e-mail earlier today... thought I'd share it with ATS)

Pass The Butter... please.
Margarine was originally manufactured to fatten turkeys. When it killed the turkeys, the people who had put all the money into the research wanted a payback so they put their heads together to figure out what to do with this product to get their money back It was a white substance with no food appeal so they added the yellow coloring and sold it to people to use in place of butter. How do you like it? They have come out with some clever new flavorings.

DO YOU KNOW.. the difference between margarine and butter?

Read on to the end...gets very interesting!

Both have the same amount of calories.

Butter is slightly higher in saturated fats at 8 grams compared to 5 grams.

Eating margarine can increase heart diseasein women by 53% over eating the same amount of butter, according to a recent Harvard Medical Study.

Eating butter increases the absorption of many other nutrients in other foods.

Butter has many nutritional benefits where margarine has a few
only because they are added!

Butter tastes much better than margarine and it can enhance the flavors of other foods.

Butter has been around for centuries where margarine has been around for less than 100 years

And now, for Margarine..

Very high in trans fatty acids ..

Triple risk of coronary heart disease .
Increases total cholesteroland LDL (this is the bad cholesterol) and lowers HDL cholesterol, (the good cholesterol)

Increases the risk of cancers up to five fold.

Lowers quality of breast milk.

Decreases immune response.

Decreases insulin response.

And here's the most disturbing fact..... HERE IS THE PART THAT IS VERY INTERESTING!

Margarine is but ONE MOLECULE away from being PLASTIC..

This fact alone was enough to have me avoiding margarine for life and anything else that is hydrogenated (this means hydrogen is added, changing the molecular structure of the substance).

You can try this yourself:

Purchase a tub of margarine and leave it in your garage or shaded area. Within a couple of days you will note a couple of things:

* no flies, not even those pesky fruit flies will go near it (that should tell you something)

* it does not rot or smell differently because it has no nutritional value ; nothing will grow on it. Even those teeny weeny microorganisms will not a find a home to grow. Why? Because it is nearly plastic .. Would you melt your Tupperware and spread that on your toast?

For those who like to drink cold water, this article is applicable to you. It is nice to have a cup of cold drink after a meal. However, the cold water will solidify the oily stuff that you have just consumed. It will slow down the digestion. Once this 'sludge' reacts with the acid, it will break down and be absorbed by the intestine faster than the solid food. It will line the intestine. Very soon, this will turn into fats and lead to cancer. It is best to drink hot soup or warm water after a meal.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
You were "forwarded" this from a "friend". You know how many of those forwarded emails I delete out of my inbox every day? How many times have all forwarded emails been disproven as a hoax? Quite a bit. . .

I'm not saying what you state is not the truth, I'd just like you to provide a source as the one you posted was very poorly written, just like a lot of BS forwarded emails.

Source?

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

www.truthorfiction.com...

Thanks...

I did a little research

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I read this same information years ago in a medical journal but don't remember which one. I then switched back to butter and still use it.

It all goes together in my mind as a 'natural food'.

I also knew about the warm drink after eating. Anyone notice how your waiter will ask if you want coffee after your meal? I opt for a cup of hot tea. It will do the same job as a cup of coffee.

Fake sweetener, fake butter and any other fake food is off my shopping list and has been for years.

Butter on a whole wheat biscuit is good for the soul.

[edit on 26-5-2009 by dizziedame]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
www.blurtit.com...

Being one molecule away from something makes it entirely different. An example from the link above is 03=highly toxic ozone to 02 life sustaining oxygen.

The chemical formula in 2M+Ar+2Ga2-+Ri-+Ne3-, for margarine, and that is entirely different than the two most common plastics of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) and polychloride vinyl (PCV).

In addition, two things can have exactly the same components and the shape of the molecule renders them entirely different. See the link below for facts about carbohydrates and proteins.
wilstar.com...

As far as bugs not eating it, the same can be said for most of the toxic foods we put in our body. My brother has a 3 year old loaf of white bread he is saving and thinking of putting on ebay someday. It does not have a spot of mold on it, still smells fresh, and has never been bothered by his cats or any other critters. An iron nail will dissolve in cola, eggs will take the paint off your car and so on.

Of course we should all eat healthier, and more organic, and I for one choose butter because it is natural. My mother hates the idea of "whole" milk, because she grew up on a farm and nobody ever drank the milk whole. You let it seperate and you save the cream for things such as butter and cream. You are left with a watery version similar to our "skim" milk. The average person does not know this, and they think the whole milk is the more natural version.

I agree with the earlier reply that anything forwarded in an email should be deleted without even opening. If it was something important it would have warranted a phone call. Assuming you are lucky enough to not catch a virus, you are still a victim of second-rate information handed down hundreds or thousands of times without citing a source. The email you refer to was circulating as early as 2005 and proven bunk back then.

As for warm vs. cold drinks. Your internal body temperature is 98.6 degrees and you are somewhere between 100-250 lbs of mass maintained at that temperature. 8 oz of any liquid at any temperature will be 98.6 degrees within a few moments of ingesting it. Add in the extremely strong stomach acid, and it seems pretty silly that anything would harden in your stomach. I used to eat the wax flavored candy bottles, they were already hard at room temperature, but I never saw one come out that way.

[edit on 26-5-2009 by getreadyalready]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame

Butter on a whole wheat biscuit is good for the soul.

Amen!

I actually tried the "outside margarine" experiment once.....its true!!!!! Yuck!!!!

Back in the day, when I was a ballet dancer, I had to keep my weight down and everything I ate was low-calorie but artificial. My overall health was terrible. Artificial sweetners, spreads, flavoring, "power bars", supplements....ugh.

These days I feel ten times better eating NATURAL. If you can't make it as a human being, regardless of at home or in a factory with special equiptment....then don't eat it. I don't eat tinned food either....No preservatives of any kind!!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I received this information a couple of years ago. I've only used real butter ever since. It is a little more expensive than margarine but it's worth it knowing that you're not putting a foreign substance in your body.

I didn't know about the warm drink after meals though. I'll have to make a conscious effort to start doing that. Good tip. Thanks for sharing.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I've said for years that if I am going to put something on my toast it might as well be real butter. Butter is expensive, but it lasts a long time.
The cheaper cost just doesn't compel me to use margarine.

I just don't trust margarine with the whole trans fatty acid thing, besides, butter tastes much better, with peanut butter and toast, or toast with just butter.

Something I wonder though, some margarines claim to be trans fat free, how is that?

Anyway, down with trans fats, I'll take the real fat, thank you.
Same goes with sugar.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
The people I dislike the most are those who eat after an ideological agenda, counting calories and eating because this is "healthy" or this is "not necessary", or it has "so many this and so many that", instead of eating when they're hungry and what they want and really need

But this kind of natural understanding what we really need to eat is totally destroyed by consumers way of life.

The margarine was introduced in large quantities during World War, and they needed it to sell it, so they denounced butter, same as pork fat, which is much healthier. In Europe, pork fat is produced by melting, not squeezing bacon. Thermal treatment makes it much healthier and refines it.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I may be weird but i very rarely use butter or margarine for anything...maybe once every couple of months.Personally even if it is bad for you,use in moderation like everything else in life.Too much of any one thing is bad for you.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

Interesting read---I hate margarine with a passion. It's tasteless and looks completely synthetic.
Butter rocks. Natural colour and tastes fantastic.
and you can get lurpak now in "lite" containers so it's not as fattening.
Still tastes as good.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Butter & Heart Disease

Heart disease was rare in America at the turn of the century. Between 1920 and 1960, the incidence of heart disease rose precipitously to become America's number one killer. During the same period butter consumption plummeted from eighteen pounds per person per year to four. It doesn't take a Ph.D. in statistics to conclude that butter is not a cause. Actually butter contains many nutrients that protect us from heart disease. First among these is vitamin A which is needed for the health of the thyroid and adrenal glands, both of which play a role in maintaining the proper functioning of the heart and cardiovascular system. Abnormalities of the heart and larger blood vessels occur in babies born to vitamin A deficient mothers. Butter is America's best and most easily absorbed source of vitamin A.

www.westonaprice.org...

If anything, butter is heart healthy. It's demonized because of it's saturated fat content, yet there is no conclusive evidence that suggests saturated intake leads to heart disease.

-Dev

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Thank You, Thank You, Thank You

Star and Flag...

Something Useful and REAL and provable...

I might add...

Anal leakage is also a wonderful side effect of some brands

Butter

if you want to make it even better

Make GHEE

Ghee

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
That is very interesting- thanks for sharing. For several years my family and friends have given me guff about only using margarine. I thought I was being "healthier" by using an alternative to butter. Go figure. Needless to say after learning many of those facts, I haven't touched it since.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I love butter.

So delicious. I could put it on everything

top topics

join