It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bending the spoon....anyone?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
people used to hold spoon bending "party's" the object of this was to create a feel good atmosphere and people were told not to focus to much on the actual bending of the objects and this feel good factor seemed to work,

in a book i own on telekinesis there is a picture of a clear glass sphere filled with twisted paper clips that some Dr had, he instructed some children to concentrate and twist them into the ball of mess, it stands as a prize possession on his desk ( hoax or true? who knows )

But its fact that many countries governments have funded the study of PK and TK and the Russians put a massive amount of study into the subject of mind over matter.

a good book, "The men who stair at goats"

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   
its a slight of hand magic trick skillfully demonstrated by legendary BS artist Uri Geller

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I have seen this be done over the television, but never in person. I am very keen to learn how to do it. Looks quite impressive!

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Author Michael Chrichton had a very scientific and skepticle mind. He wrote about witnessing a spoon bending party in his book "Travels".

From wiki: en.wikipedia.org...

I looked down. My spoon had begun to bend. I hadn't even realized. The metal was completely pliable, like soft plastic. It wasn't particularly hot, either, just slightly warm. I easily bend the bowl of the spoon in half, using only my fingertips. This didn't require any pressure at all, just guiding with my fingertips. I put the bent spoon aside and tried a fork. After a few moments of rubbing, the fork twisted like a pretzel. It was easy. I bent several more spoons and forks. ... I had bent a spoon, and I knew it wasn't a trick. I looked around the room and saw little children, eight or nine years old, bending large metal bars. They weren't trying to trick anybody.

— Michael Crichton, Travels, 1988, pages 319–320

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Ahh antar! on the subject of mind over matter you must of seen the monkey with its brain wired up to electrodes, they had him ( or her) sat in a chair looking at a computer screen and using its hand it had to play a little game on the screen

i think it had to place a dot in the circle using a joy stick and when this was done the primate got a little treat to eat

well after many months of watching the monkey use its hand on the joystick to get its prize the monkey just froze it just took its hand away and used its mind to think about placing the dot in the circle and it achieved this

like WOW! like a singularity moment and amazing to watch altho i know you and many will not approve of experiments on any life form where suffering is caused( me also) i found this truly amazing,

sorry this is not as well written as your work antar, i love the way you write.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by stealthyaroura

Im sorry, i dont believe a monkey has done this? I havent heard/seen/read anything about this astounding feat!

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Toughiv

oh this is fact, maybe i did not explain the feat properly, this was not REALLY mind over matter as such, more of the monkey thinking of the procedure required to gain control over the computer, through use of sending electrical impulses down the wires that were hard wired into its brain. and this was some time ago, i shall try my best to find this info for you.
www.scienceagogo.com...
edit to say YES! IN YOUR FACE!!!!!!!!!! (joke just glad i made a link work)

[edit on 29/5/2009 by stealthyaroura]

[edit on 29/5/2009 by stealthyaroura]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   

haha. IN YOUR FACE.

Now, knowing it had electrodes I dont see the astounding feat. Surely all the electrodes are doing is missing out the process of having to move its arm and the joystick. The impulses the brain sends are exactly the same?

Cheers

Brad

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Toughiv

yeah your correct but this was still a major achievement at the time,this is where the smart fighter pilot helmets get there "think and fire" tech from,not with the wires in the brain tho but a similar process and the medical applications mentioned in the article quoted offer astounding benefits for amputees etc

so not really mind over matter in the literal sense but still.....

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   

yeh i agree, very interesting possibilities

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Last night I was trying to make my bedroom door shut. It did not work. I was really aggravated with my husband and thought if I could harness the energy and focus, that possibly I could get the door to move just a little. Nothing. How disappointing. I still do believe it's possible, I just do not have the skills I suppose.

I also gave my new herb plants 'the nod'. If they had a major growth spurt today, I will take credit for it....lol. I should have taken before and after pictures. I'm pretty sure that will not work either though...but we never know!

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by jackieps1975

I strongly dont believe its possible to move objects with your mind,. But who knows

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Seeing past an object is one thing. Now, I don't admit that its possible, but, it does not sound wholly implausible. We have big machines that can do almost what the OP is describing.

However, some contend that you can actually alter the form and the composition of the atoms based on thought. I'd say this is the difference between seeing a chasm in from of you and physically jumping across it. Just because you understand an object does not mean that you are the master of its properties.

Frankly, if this is true, I would more expect that you would transmute the material into some kind of formless goo rather than simply bend it. If you realize that it is, indeed, nothingness, what prevents you from turning a spoon into a chicken nugget? Clearly there is a difference between perception and control.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I've never witnessed anything like this. I've experienced some strange things in my life so who knows maybe it's possible.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Just remember "their is no spoon"

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Its just a magic trick - see "psychokinetic silverware" available in all good magic shops.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackieps1975
Last night I was trying to make my bedroom door shut. It did not work. I was really aggravated with my husband and thought if I could harness the energy and focus, that possibly I could get the door to move just a little. Nothing. How disappointing. I still do believe it's possible, I just do not have the skills I suppose.

I used to do the same thing every night while I was in highschool except I would try and turn the light off with my mind. Never once did the light turn off without me getting up

That doesn't mean I think it is impossible

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join