It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bending the spoon....anyone?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I'd like to propose that some of us give this a genuine effort. As much as I like to believe in 'mind over matter', I cannot let go of my reality long enough to make these types of progressions. If anyone has the ability to accomplish this, would you be so kind as to document your findings?

For complete article:
www.ourultimatereality.com...

(see part 3, Quantum Spoon Bending)

Spoon bending is excellent proof of how the true nature of every "thing" around you, that you regard as "solid" or "real" in some way - your experience through the mediation of the five physical senses - can be "bent" or "shaped" in any way you wish, so that your experience reflects it.
To investigate this further, we need to take a very close look at the structure of the spoon, which could of course be any apparently "solid" object, going deeper and deeper until we can "drill" down in to the structure of the spoon no further.
First then we look at the surface of the spoon and note that it is composed of shiny metal.
Magnifying still further, we begin to see the atoms of the metal.
Magnifying still further we see beyond nucleus of the atom.
Magnifying still further still we see electrons orbiting the nucleus of the atom.
Magnifying still further to look inside the nucleus we see protons and neutrons.
Magnifying still further we see protons and neutrons include up and down quarks.
Magnifying still further we see that the quarks are held in place by gluons.
But when we achieve maximum magnification we see - absolutely nothing - space.
So when we look at the spoon enough, we see the atoms which the object appears to be made of comprises nothing but empty space.
In fact, as we will see next, none of the above atomic particles has any tangible form of existence anyway - so matter, and therefore all material science, is really meaningless.
What we have just observed through progressive magnification is only observed through the very process of observation itself, otherwise it would not exist at all.
Now the reason why most people fail to bend a spoon, is exactly the same reason that most people fail in consciously creating their own experience - they believe the spoon is real, solid, and therefore cannot be bent in opposition to the laws of "physics".
It is this belief alone that, just like using the power of the find to create your own experience generally that makes it seem impossible.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Pretty neat S&F. I have never seen anyone do this spoonbending trick in person but im sure it can be done.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Spoon bending with the mind alone is crock.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
If we were to magnify an atom, we would see protons and neutrons before we could see any tiny electrons. And also there are more than just 2 types of quarks. But I do not doubt that it is possible to manipulate matter with the mind.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by cancerian42

Well since you brought this to a scientific level, what force would the mind produce?

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I had a fork sitting on my comp desk the other day, energy was high and I was angry, very angry...

Later that evening I looked over and the fork was bent in half!

I was madder than a hornet as this was a good fork, I called the kids forward and none of them knew anything about it...

Sooooo. I did make peace with myself and the forks distruction... But is it possible to bend a fork unknowingly?

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

It is not possible to bend a spoon with your mind.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
The mind? perhaps not... but how about Chi?

fire by chi at 2:00 mark:

Perhaps natural Physics is different than what we think...

edit to add: Perhaps Chi is nothing more than the body harnessing electro-magnetic current. Perhaps the mind can do the same...

[edit on 26-5-2009 by beebs]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jackieps1975

"The spoon does not exist." That is my best Piano Reeves impression.

I bet it could be done, if you were Magneto or some other mutant. Here in reality, it would be a difficult task.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by beebs

If anyone is strayed to thinking its actually possible by the videos above. Develop your critical thinking skills please.

link   
reply to post by Toughiv

Well I'm no expert but by reading the article, what I gathered from it was that the mind would not necessarily exert a force but remove the stigma of matter from the object, thereby making it completely malleable. I'm completely open to theories....that's why I posted it here....

link   
One other thing I would like to add is that it is my deepest belief that by even calling it "MIND" it is a deterrent to how it is actually accomplished, it in fact is the furtherst thing from the mind that you use.

The mind is part of the limited dimension of time, it rarely develops past a single lifetime, but what you tap into to bend a fork is timelessness and an eternal flow of constant.

link   
reply to post by jackieps1975

O please believe, Im all for it! I just think it really is impossible. How would it remove the stigma?

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

You tap into something that is eternal, beyond space-time, to bend a 3d spoon. How tiresome.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Toughiv

I come from the physics of the heart, way beyond the mind...

Never translate what I write to be anything other.

Sometimes I will use words that fit, but never do I come from anything but energy. Energy is neutral. Energy is non stagnant. Energy is a flow and the mind is dead and or dying.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Toughiv

I encourage you to think critically - outside of the box. Watch the Matrix, and think of Buddhist and oriental philosophies when you do.

I do not just 'believe' these things, as I have had a conversion from atheist, to believing there is a natural spiritual side to man. I came about this conversion through - you guessed it - the Scientific Method.

When you realize that this reality is an illusion created by the mind, all it takes is for us to free our minds to be able to accomplish 'the impossible'.

edit to add:

H.P. Blavatsky wrote, in Isis Unveiled:

Thus the astral light is androgyne, for equilibrium is the resultant of two opposing forces eternally reacting upon each other. The result of this is LIFE.

The astral light she refers to is the same as magnetism, or chi, or zero point energy, or aether, or orgone energy, etc.

[edit on 26-5-2009 by beebs]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackieps1975
reply to post by Toughiv

Well I'm no expert but by reading the article, what I gathered from it was that the mind would not necessarily exert a force but remove the stigma of matter from the object, thereby making it completely malleable. I'm completely open to theories....that's why I posted it here....

I like the way you think, your open mindedness is a doorway to original thought...

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

Yeah, the Matrix certainly is one thought provoking flick!

In all seriousness though, more far-fetched ideas have been put forth. What about PK? Has this not been proven to be more than a theory? I will find some videos on it and post. Fascinating stuff.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

TY Antar!
....there is truly something to be said for keeping an open mind to 'possibilities'. In reality, what do we REALLY know? Not much. We have ideas and theories, not much more than that. I find it arrogant that people can simply shut their minds to what the universe may potentially have at work. We are not the masters, merely the keepers.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by beebs

I am spiritual. I do believe there is a soul, something more than this reality alone. However, I do not agree with being able to bend spoons using this "energy". There is an objective Universe in which we play a role. I believe this is a nusery for growing souls, i can ellaborate if you wish. However, there are laws of nature, logic etc. These cannot be transcended by will alone.

[edit on 26-5-2009 by Toughiv]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join