It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bending the spoon....anyone?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jackieps1975

Ah, you feel i am arrogant and have simply shut my mind? Ellaborate...please

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Well for the spoon bending as a kid for months I tried to do it as I had heard rumors about it and of course loved star wars and thought maybe I was a Jedi lol. In the end I decided I must be Han Solo lol.

Those video's are pretty interesting though would interesting to know that guys technique. I don't believe so much in say miracle type cures but have an open enough mind to understand there make actually be a logical explanation for how to do something like that. Science is just to primitive to cover the reasons or how to do it.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Dont you think we are all on the same page here, lol!

I have tried to bend forks in the past without any luck, never stuck with it as it just seemed like a cheap parlor trick to pump up my ego.

I love the Chi-force idea as it comes closer to how I see it done.

But for some reason I just felt sorry for the lab rats that were placed in experiments once they showed the ability. You know those old Russian type experiments?

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I think I read something about the Russian experiments before. There was one in particular, a lady, cannot remember her name, who could turn on specific light bulbs in succession using only her mind. When experimented and analysed, she said she could see aura's, peoples magnetism etc. Poor lady used to suffer from terrible migranes.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Ah come on guys lets not bicker and kill this very interesting subject!

What a great topic to discuss.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I personally dont see what there is to discuss. Just as clairvoyants have been exposed for cold calling etc, these people bending the spoons are using some sort of trickery.

There is no real evidence to suggest the mind can remove any stigma, create a specific electromagnetic force at a localised area or anything.

Therefore, im not convinced its possible. However, if a good argument comes along to say otherwise, im all ears

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Toughiv

H.P. Blavatsky and Theosophy also says this in Isis Unveiled:

The ancient philosophy affirmed that it is in consequence of the manifestation of that Will — termed by Plato the Divine Idea — that everything visible and invisible sprung into existence. As that Intelligent Idea, which, by directing its sole will-power toward a centre of localized forces called objective forms into being, so can man, the microcosm of the great Macrocosm, do the same in proportion with the development of his will-power. The imaginary atoms — a figure of speech employed by Democritus, and gratefully seized upon by the materialists — are like automatic workmen moved inwardIy by the influx of that Universal Will directed upon them, and which, manifesting itself as force, sets them into activity. The plan of the structure to be erected is in the brain of the Architect, and reflects his will; abstract as yet, from the instant of the conception it becomes concrete through these atoms which follow faithfully every line, point and figure traced in the imagination of the Divine Geometer.

As God creates, so man can create. Given a certain intensity of will, and the shapes created by the mind become subjective. Hallucinations, they are called, although to their creator they are real as any visible object is to any one else. Given a more intense and intelligent concentration of this will, and the form becomes concrete, visible, objective; the man has learned the secret of secrets; he is a MAGICIAN.

emphasis added

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Toughiv

Ahhh some of those Russian Human Psy experiments are just too much! Look over at the FOIA documents for some of the documents on the subject, I can hardly stand it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Enjoy this one as it is just a wellspring of great info...

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I started bending spoons when I was about 5 or 6 - having seen Uri Geller on TV. I use the same technique he did of simply "massaging" the point in the spoon and it droops and eventually breaks away.

I'm not really aware of using any force on the object - or even "focusing" on it to any great extent.

It just seems to work for me - and has been witnessed by many friends and family members.

Not really sure why it works but it just does. I have a theory that the act of massaging the spoon at the point actually works on a weak point in the construction - sort of like finding a point of least resistance.

Feel free to bash away - I'm happy to answer any questions

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Toughiv

Toughiv, I would never make presumptions about your character! So please don't take that as being directed to you!
My point is simply this: Laws of nature, physics, reality, human capability, etc., all of these have been theorized and put forth by whom? MAN. Now, honestly, can mankind truly have the audacity to say what is and is not possible to any full extent or in definite terms? I think not. Our theories only extend as far as our perception and tangibility. I believe we haven't scratched the surface of what is truly possible. To say that we have would be to suggest that we are completely evolved and that we are at the highest possible level of understanding. I do not believe this to be true.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Silk

Would you be so kind as to provide video documentation? I am not about to bash anyone but I really would love to see it. Without magnets! lol

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Toughiv

I understand your skeptisism, if it is not your experience or say one of a trusted and close loved one, yes I can agree it is difficult to relate to.

This is where we keep an open mind but a strong sense of ones own reality base.

I personally do not doubt it in the least bit but know of noone that has done it.

Got to run OP, just wanted to S@F your efforts.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Spoon bending is a well known, popular slight of hand magic trick.
A pre prepared spoon is snapped and held tight at the break, this is then made to look like it is bending in many ways.
There is another method which is an optical illusion in which the magician revolves a bent bar which gives the impression of it bending.
I'd find links but you can do that, I'm eating my tea.
Bending spoons is a popular magic trick, just a trick.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by beebs
reply to post by Toughiv

H.P. Blavatsky and Theosophy also says this in Isis Unveiled:

The ancient philosophy affirmed that it is in consequence of the manifestation of that Will — termed by Plato the Divine Idea — that everything visible and invisible sprung into existence. As that Intelligent Idea, which, by directing its sole will-power toward a centre of localized forces called objective forms into being, so can man, the microcosm of the great Macrocosm, do the same in proportion with the development of his will-power. The imaginary atoms — a figure of speech employed by Democritus, and gratefully seized upon by the materialists — are like automatic workmen moved inwardIy by the influx of that Universal Will directed upon them, and which, manifesting itself as force, sets them into activity. The plan of the structure to be erected is in the brain of the Architect, and reflects his will; abstract as yet, from the instant of the conception it becomes concrete through these atoms which follow faithfully every line, point and figure traced in the imagination of the Divine Geometer.

As God creates, so man can create. Given a certain intensity of will, and the shapes created by the mind become subjective. Hallucinations, they are called, although to their creator they are real as any visible object is to any one else. Given a more intense and intelligent concentration of this will, and the form becomes concrete, visible, objective; the man has learned the secret of secrets; he is a MAGICIAN.

emphasis added

Very interesting i must say. However, whilst i do agree with there being a God, this draws upon God too much. A Universal Will etc. ~None of this is justifiable.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Again, I thank you Antar!

As I stated in the OP, I cannot perform a task such as this but that doesn't mean it cannot be done. It is a phenomena, as with all PK. Certainly not something we would see everyday but a subject that has been studied for over a century. I found some interesting case studies out of Poland and Russia. I'm attempting to find a good way to compile a few cases and post them....

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   

very good argument, science is not fact. And with that i completely agree. However, evidence suggests this is not possible. Thats what im going upon, evidence. I have never seen somebody bend a spoon infront of me. I will pay someone to show me. A spoon and location of my choice, like a coffee shop. Do it there, with one of their spoons and i'll believe.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Toughiv

Indeed Toughiv! That is a far cry from being able to mentally manipulate an object! Albeit, much harder to swallow as well! I am coming from a scientific standpoint, not a religious one. That being said, my core belief on this subject is simply that mankind has not realized it's full potential. It has been documented that we use only about 8-10% of our total brain capacity. Who knows what could be done with the rest?! Are telepathy, psychokinesis, telekinesis and all the other extrasensory abilities so far fetched really?

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Sorry, but it has been documented that we use about 10% at any one time. However, we do use 100% overall.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Toughiv

Agreed! That is why I asked in the OP if someone claimed to be able to perform such a feat, would they also document it for us. Any takers???? Didn't I already see someone in this thread who made such a claim? Make a video please!

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Toughiv

I don't see how that nulifies my point. If we were to exercise all of that brain power at once....100%, what would be possible???

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join