It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bending the spoon....anyone?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jackieps1975

The thing is, we dont need to use 100% at once, it would be pointless. There are different parts of the brain for different functions. We wouldnt need to activate all of our sensory controlls along with logical thinking. You see where im going with this?

Nothing suggests that a combined effort would produce any spectacular results

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   

I will try to record it on my webcam - happy to do so.

In response to the post about slight of hand - I did a lot of magic as a kid - Paul Daniels influenced many people in the UK of my age. I can assure you you don't need slight of hand just patience.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Haha for some reason this story made me smile.
Thank you for that!!

I hope your fork RIP.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Silk

I would love to know another way...
www.wikihow.com...
I assume you do it htis way?
www.mind-energy.net...

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Toughiv

Im not sure what you mean by it not being 'Justifiable'... but anyways I can only 'show you the door.' You must be the one to walk through it.

The 'core' or mission statement of Theosophy is this:

The three declared Objects of the Theosophical Society are:

To form a nucleus of the universal brotherhood of humanity, without distinction of race, creed, sex, caste, or color.

To encourage the comparative study of religion, philosophy, and science.

To investigate unexplained laws of nature and the powers latent in humanity.

The Theosophical Society in America

One thing to remember, is that it doesn't matter if we believe in it, if those that make the decisions around us DO. Jim Marrs and many others have documented especially the Nazi SS were using information from Blavatsky and Theosophy.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
The reason you havent seen people bend spoons is becuse the dont belive they can.They may think they can,but the dont know they can.Just like slam dunking a basketball the first time, you may have tried and tried and seemed impossable,but once you do it,its done,you Know you can.You will be hard pressed to find folks that can use there mind,You have to go to romate place's where the world of today doesent enter much.You also need to start at childhood honeing your skills,befor you learn what they teach nowday.you have to be born and schooled on the ecsoteric reality that is matter.It very hard to unlearn what you know later in life,much easier to learn from birth onward.The old saying "how can you fill your cup,if your cup is already full" applies here.You think you know what reality is,so how can you learn what it is?
The world in genral doesnt belive this becuse it is schooled not to belive it.You where defeted befor you even got to get started.Welcome to the new world order.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
How do they know if the equipment they are using to magnify matter is actually able to see whats at the deepest level? the space might be teeming with stuff we just can't see yet because we are not looking at it with the correct set of eyes / equipment .. just a thought...

maybe the space is teeming with quantum possability's just waiting to be moulded by some different type of observation.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Toughiv

I do see where you are going with this. We agree to disagree then
I do stand by what I said, which is that we cannot proclaim what is or is not within the realm of possibility. Mankind is likely limited and therefore cannot declare 'absolute' truth because we simply DO NOT KNOW EVERYTHING!

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by devareous

i can see what you are getting at. brainwashing as to what is "true" etc. Through education amongst other things. However, I do not completely agree with you. This is something completely different to dunking. Just because we havent been shown or taught how to do this does not mean its not possible. However, to say that we simply cannot do it anymore because of what we have been brainwashed into believe is crock.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   

that's fair

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toughiv
reply to post by cancerian42

Well since you brought this to a scientific level, what force would the mind produce?

Everything that you see, hear, feel, taste, and smell is perception. Your whole life is perceived by your mind, therefore there is no special force to bend the spoon, you just have to perceive the spoon bending and how can you do so with a closed mind? We only see what we want to see. If you are searching for the truth then the only place to look is within.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Silk

Why only limit yourself to flatware? Maybe because of this video:

Now, use your telekinesis on a steel bar or somethin'!! That'd be impressive!

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by cancerian42

Originally posted by Toughiv

Well since you brought this to a scientific level, what force would the mind produce?

Everything that you see, hear, feel, taste, and smell is perception. Your whole life is perceived by your mind, therefore there is no special force to bend the spoon, you just have to perceive the spoon bending and how can you do so with a closed mind? We only see what we want to see. If you are searching for the truth then the only place to look is within.

Do not agree here. You are saying you imagine the spoon bend and so to your perception it does. However it really is not bent? Thats just pointless and rather matrixish lol

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Toughiv

No, that's not what I'm saying. I am saying if you really wanted the spoon to bend it would. And it is in no way based off the matrix that I say that, I don't even like that movie. Everything is inside you.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Im not entirely sure if your statement can be substantiated.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Toughiv

really, why not? It's the power of will and it can be substantiated to me. And if you wanted it to be substantiated to you it would be.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Well i want the lighter in front of me to move. It wont...

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Toughiv

You are lying to yourself...you have to really want something...from within. What is it that you really want-anything as long as it is true to yourself and it will happen, I promise.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   

surely thats just you subconious making what u desire reality? How do you discern what you truely want, not what you have been influenced to want?

Brad

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Toughiv

Now we're both on the same page. I think we all have to do our own searching, but I can tell you that for me, just being quiet and listening helps. Calm the talking inside your head and just perceive, don't worry about anything at all (or try not to anyways) and just be totally in the moment. Once you realize that there is a voice inside your head still talking just quiet it (calmly). It's as if you dip a bit of your mind into your subconscious or something, and it makes everything clearer. Thanks for listening, brad.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join