It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea 'fires more missiles'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I have a bad feeling about the whole NK nuke issue this time, it really could lead to war or at least a conflict. It really all depends on how NK will react to the (admittedly limited) sanctions that the resolution will impose. They can either bite the bullet and just lie low or respond with more missile tests and rhetoric. It all depends on what they want.

But to be honest if sanctions are imposed i would not be surprised if NK responded with hostile intentions.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by jonny2410

iran has not started a war in 1500 years - thats longer than the USA has been in existance.

no they wouldn`t go about nuking israel - what israel is scarred of is a balance of power - someone who could stop there own bully anticsof randomly bombing other countries and commiting war crimes when they feel like it (syria and the use of WP in brach of the CCWC and CWC in gaza)

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Manouche, totally agree, North Korea, is nothing like Germany in the 30's, I think they are just trying to get away with what Hitler did then, something like that. I have a funny feeling they studied history.

The United states needs not try to intervene by themselves with what North Korea, is doing. That is a snare North Korea, is trying to lay. We need a united front in dealing with this. Lets face nothing good can be an outcome with North Korea, and Nukes. Maybe better relations with China, now. Nuclear weapons change the game man, look at World war II. Just like the President said the other day, with North Korea, and their attitude does not help for peace on Earth. I think their needs to be a union of Nations, China, Russia, whomever, watching North Korea, laying the rules down, and at any scent of bad doing with those nuclear weapons as far selling, or whatever we smash them down. They want them for defense so be it, but if they start doing things to ruin peace on Earth, we deal with it. Seriously who do they think they are? If they think their going to give it to Iranians, or Syrians, so they can create their Jihads, is not cool, I can assure you their is someone breathing air right now wishing they had a nuke to let go and blow people up. Just look at 911. Or acts of terrorism in Europe. With another country with Nuclear weapons, and a country as dysfunctional as north Korea, just makes it easier for such a thing to occur.

Also another way looking at this. North Korea, is a Military state, they pretty much are doing nothing else right but stratagizing action towards militaristic gains, they have nothing else to do right now. their are not known for anything else but their warlike ancestry kinda like the Assyrians of the past. It could all just be coming down to the ego of things as well. Only thing that concerns me with this hypothesis is if they are thinking for strategic gains, what would prevent them from trying to get the upper hand using nuclear technology? they could aim at china hit some military complexes and even the playing field vice versa to any country. Maybe they are thinking in order to get outta the hole their in is thru military means.. Not to mention they would be prepared for a counter strike from their attacks. I am sure the parallel is at full alert.. their next move will be based off of what the UN, does. They are prepared for what happens next.. Scary..

[edit on 26-5-2009 by Adrifter]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

i didn't think it would take long for the whole anti Israel argument to be in full flow. I cannot be bothered to get into that as thats totally off topic.

What i am trying to say is Iran did state, and i don't care how you wrap it up with your whole fox news argument, that they wanted to destroy Israel (i don't know the exact wording so dont hold me to account on that).

The bottom line therefore is if a country with hostile intentions to another country and a volatile government obtains nukes it would generally spell bad news and jeopardize peace.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
We continue to send troops to afganistan, we continue to disrespect the returning troops, we continue to spend trillions on bank bailouts and yet the reserves that are being called up, are coming home to backlogs on their checks, poverty, and homelessness.

In this day and age of advanced technology, there is NO reason to put our troops in harms way, this entire offense could be waged from the WAR rooms, the real situation is that this is the front for funneling trillions upon trillions of black ops money to the criminal scum.

There is no real story being told here, it always comes back to the money.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   

I don't think Iran would love to remove Israel. Not that long ago, at the creation of Israel, Iran was their main ally in the Near East. They have some interests in common.
Iran would like a less expansionnist and agressive regime close to their borders. There is much propaganda about Iran.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Link please!

Ahmadinejad nor the country he represents has made such threats. He has made comments such as the Zionist regime needs to be removed but never have I heard the man state that Isreal needs to be wiped off the face of the earth.

As I mentioned before, if NK does attack another nation then we have a good reason to intervene.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   

have you ever read what the president of iran has wanted? for israel to recognise and support a palestinian state - they day that happens is teh day iran recognises israel at the UN.

but israel want to expand there borders to include syria/jordan and egypt - back to the biblical boundary.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I think we all need to get one thing straight, not one single country who is sane in the head would try to attack NK with ground forces and troops. it would be a blood bath and madness. If NK was to invade or attack SK (which is still unlikely currently) any retaliation would be with just air or naval forces.

edit - i am not getting into a debate on Israel as its off topic and a load of drivel. I would rather stick to NK.

[edit on 26-5-2009 by jonny2410]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
anyway - the iranian elections are next month and the front runner is a known and liked moderate reformist.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Guys Israel and Iran arent the topic here, NK and their possibly hostile intentions are.

Anywho, I don't think NK's going to invade. If they do Chinas gonna most likely get involved. I don't think China wants to fight the US. YET. IMO the war were all talking about here is about 3-7 years away.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I only brought up Iran and Israel because I was responding to their responses that included Iran and Israel otherwise I would have stayed on topic.

[edit on 26-5-2009 by disfugured]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Am i right in thinking that NK has artillery trained on Seoul 24/7 or is that a lie or rumor? That would devastate the city pretty quickly.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by truttseeker

China does not need war. They are winning the game already, don't you think ?
They are quietly growing in power. They are buying everything, making business with everyone, softly building relations. At the moment, they are unstoppable. They don't need war. War would complicate things.
I can't see which war China would initiate in the next years. Taiwan will slowly come by, it's a matter of time.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Nah, because right now even though China is slowly building relations and acting like a pacifist, their military is going through a huge upgrade. Taiwans not gonna go down without a fight, and if China wants to become truly dominant the dollar will have to go the way of the dodo, which China has total control over when this happens. The only thing is the US isn't going to stand idly by and watch its' currency turn into nothing but thick green paper. That's why war with China is getting to the point where it's inevitable. To me, it's like the lead up to WWII all over again.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
ALl the noises coming out of SK at the moment on their wires is that NK will launch more missile tests.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   

NK learnt from the USA in the 1950`s - and now has probably the most artilery tubes anywhere else - they don`t need a nuke to flatten seoul with over 10000 155mm tubes alone

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Why doesn't the UN condemn the US and Isreal for having nukes? Oh... right... I forgot... they're all hypocrites!

Man, I'm tired of all this crap... seriously! Wake up! You want these guys to disarm, well 'eff'-ing lead by example and disarm yourselves first! If not, well shut the 'eff' up and let everyone else do EXACTLY what you're doing.

The US is the ONLY country to have EVER fired a nuclear/atomic warhead in a wartime scenario on another nation... so for me, it's impossible to take them seriously when they demand another nation to disarm.

Who made you so righteous?

(sorry, I had no intention on insulting anyone... just those who are 'running the show'... I deeply respect all who have their eyes open to this hypocrisy)

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Yes, the US was the only country to use a nuclear warhead in the time of war. HOWEVER, we were also the ones who realized it was bad and helped make sure it never happened again. The US is WAY more responsible in terms of leadership than the North Koreans. Thats like saying, well since that normal guy over there can have a gun, why cant the gangster in LA have a gun, they all have equal rights. Also the US hasn't built or tested any new nuclear weapons lately. In fact the responsible nations that have nuclear weapons have all lessened the numbers in their stockpiles.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
There are a few countries already armed with nukes. Not allowing any country to gain nuclear arms is very important for the stability of the planet. Right this minute even though NK would probably get trounced, no one can attack NK because they have nuclear weapons so this example alone should tell everyone that allowing other countries to gain nukes is very bad. Toppling Saddam and stopping Iran from progressing is very important. With Pakistan destabilizing those nukes could fall into the hands of the Taliban, could you imagine?

Aren't the Allied forces technically still at war with NK since there is only a truce with them from the Korean war? There are some 25000 US troops there so maybe it's just the US but if NK were to attack any position in SK , NATO would have to retaliate because of the US troops stationed there?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join