It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea 'fires more missiles'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Breaking: North Korea has just test fired more missiles

news.bbc.co.uk

North Korea has test-fired two more missiles, hours after the UN Security Council unanimously condemned its nuclear test, South Korean reports say.

The communist state fired two short-range missiles off an east coast base, South Korea's Yonhap news agency reported, citing an official.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 26-5-2009 by Piranha]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   
North Korea fires two short-range missiles from its east coast, South Korea's Yonhap news agency reports.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article from BBC)

(MSNBC) SEOUL, South Korea - A South Korean news agency reported on Tuesday that North Korea had test-fired two short-range missiles from an east coast launch pad.

The Yonhap news agency cited an unnamed government sources as saying the missiles had a range of about 80 miles. The reports said one was a surface-to-air missile and the other was a ground-to-ship missile. Both were fired Tuesday afternoon.

Link

CNN now has article related to this post, go to the CNN link below to read more...

edition.cnn.com...

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Well, what should I say.

N. Korea fires more missiles, after being condemned unanimously by the UN,

OOooooh, you called me a naughty name.... I'm scared now.

I think that explains the scenario. Sticks and Stones my Friend but words will do nothing from me launching this giant missiles.

This is like a giant spark in an already nervous area.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   
LOL

If lil Kimmy keeps this up. His little temper tantrum will cost him all his missiles then he will sit in the corner with his Johnny walker pouting.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   
WTF is North Korea doing?
Seems to me since North Korea doesnt wanna listen to anyone else, why should anyone listen to them?
They do what they want to do, when they want to do it, so I see no better time to act than now. I dont want war, but I am sure if we let them keep on doing what they are doing, things will be a lot worse off by letting them lead rather than the parent nations. If we dont act, many many more lives are at stake, personally, I think the choice is clear. Its not like anyone is going into NK trying to tell them how to live, they are just doing this to flex muscles they dont have. Kind of reminds me of a twelve year old gangbanger who just grew his first pube talking about Thug Life.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

I agree, I don't want war either. And something has to be done before this gets out of hand. But what can be done? It is always the innocent people, the civilians that get caught up in the mess.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Piranha

what can be done? well lets look at the options.
A- Kim keeps on the path he is going..uses a Nuke on S.Korea...The world retaliates...the whole country including civilians get wiped out.
B-Kim keeps on the path hes going...we get to him by bombing strategic facilities that renders them inoperable..civilians get killed, but not the whole country.

I cant even really think of any other options that would be suitable with dealing with this situation, I really cant. They cannot be talked to obviously, we been trying to do that for how long now? Putting more sanctions on them would be like putting a band-aid on a decapitated arm.

What other options are there? Anyone?

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   

I don't necessarily agree with your two options. I don't think that a nuke would necessarily be more catastrophic than their conventional arms would for the South Koreans. The difference is that the nuclear option is still most likely, years away whereas they could level Seoul at a moments notice if provoked.

I agree, there is no clear cut easy solution. Perhaps executive assassination?

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
what we have seen in the last day is exactly why North Korea should NOT be allowed to develop Nuclear Weapons.

The regime is completely unpredictable and with Nukes, would be a grave danger to many millions of people.

With what I have seen, I would say if this does not quickly get better in a day or two, then several countries should just hammer the living daylights out this pathetic regime.

Sanctions Sanctions....missile tests...missile tests.... its a broken record that needs sorted once and for all.

As sad as it sounds, an obliteration is lookinfg like the only way now.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

I was thinking the political assasination thing myself, but I dont know how effective 'they' would be in trying to do so. If they failed at that, wooooey watch out! hah.
About the options, maybe maybe not, personally, Im not one willing to wait and see if they are capable or not. You are right though about their conventional weapons, they would do a lot of damage on that region and they would be very effective(until other players get involved). I just cant see WTF they are trying to accomplish with all of this 'action' lately?
What is driving this bastard is what I wanna know.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   

It is really tough to try and get in the head of a psychopath like Kim. Part of me thinks that the recent decline in his health is making him feel rushed to accomplish something. It seems like he might be trying to bring the world down with him.

Then again, I am a die hard conspiracy theorist... so I wouldn't be surprised at all if he is being allowed / encouraged to do this to further some larger global goal. It is building up to quite a distraction right now. If it does escalate to a full blown war, there are many people in power who would be beside themselves with joy.

Who knows what is really happening here. I am sure that we are hardly getting the full story though.

[edit on 26-5-2009 by Karlhungis]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   
How well known are the Artillery positions that could attack Seoul? Couldn't a successful first strike level most, if not all, of the NK artillery that is aimed at Seoul?

I'm not saying anyone should at this point, so don't start with calling me a war monger, but isn't it an option?

I know the US, for example, has stealth and missile guidance that could do significant damage if called upon. NK still uses primarily outdated technology, doesn't it?

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by SweetRevenge

They are deeply embedded in the mountains surrounding Seoul. Short of leveling every mountain in artillery range, there really isn't much that can be done to stop it.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   

I think he just needs a good old fashioned blanket party.

I cant see how this will end up good for him in anyway, there is always a price to pay when you become the rebel of the family.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Is this one is true can any of these missile launches be backed up by any alternative (not taking source directly from cnn) news sources.?

[edit on 26-5-2009 by born2BWild]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   
You know Washington, Beijing and maybe even Moscow are on a 3way hot line right this very moment. It's time. China wont allow the region to go under they need the economic boost and this would derail their economy faster than greased lightning.

LIL Kimmy's days are numbered.

Mark my words.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   
These are all major coporation tie in companies controlled media? I'm pretty sure anyways. . .

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Thanks, outside of my friends and I enjoying South Korean music and fashion, I really don't know much about North or South Korea, especially the NK military.

Guess I need to listen to some Seo-Taiji and look some information up.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
You know Washington, Beijing and maybe even Moscow are on a 3way hot line right this very moment. It's time. China wont allow the region to go under they need the economic boost and this would derail their economy faster than greased lightning.

LIL Kimmy's days are numbered.

Mark my words.

i think your right, china has too much to lose with this loony tune. they might come at them hard, he is getting way out of line, even for north korea. i think china's leader's are sweating bullets, not counting japan and south korea. and remember, russia is right there too. the US should stand back a bit and see if old kimmy bites off more then he can chew.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   
When you got warmongers going about invading neighbouring nations on the back of lies and their leaders saying god thinks it's a good idea , then it's probably a good idea to get a nuke or two for self defence . Look what happens to nations that don't have any kind of nuclear deterrent over the past 60 or so years from invasions from lying warmongers.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join