It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea 'fires more missiles'

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by kenton1234

One of China's main goal is to regain absolute regional power. The last thing they want is the USA acting like the good cop at their borders.
In chinese thinking, it would be losing face again in front of the West and it is a serious thing, they've lost face too many times during the 20th century. They will not allow this to happen.
Simply put, they want USA kicked out from SK in the long run. They won't let the US go further north for any reason.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Hmmmm... Economic recession in U.S. in the 60's and 70's equals Vietnam and Korean War. After the war, US economy stabilizes...

Economic recession in the 90's and 2000 equals war in Iraq and ??? North Korea again???

Just wondering if it's the reason why li'l Kim is now trying to show his fangs and telling the world that US could not do that to them.

"Like a circle in a spiral, like a wheel within a wheel..."

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by spark9576

not heard of Abu Ghraib prison then? or iran flight 655?

the first is the worst case of human abuse this side of the nazi`s and teh second , well the USA paid iran compensation for shooting down a commercial airliner , on a comercaial flight rote, sqwarking commercial IFF on commercial channels.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
So what is the general consensus?

Is this eventually going to lead to a conflict or war?

It looks like that with North Korea saying that If SK agreed to join the US in searching naval vessels in seas around NK for weapons and nuclear materials, they would declare war. South Korea have agreed.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

I think South Korea and Japan are the one really in fear of this, they are not nuclear powers, I don't think Japan is aloud to develop nuclear weapons based off of the WW2 treaty. I know South Korea isn't nuclear armed either and they are closest and most recent in North Korea's memory when it comes to violence.

I wouldn't bet on North Korea being a pushover in any type of disarmament invasion, war may have changed since the last time we've been in Korea but North Korea is a completely different game than Iraq. Simply being the mindset of the North Korean, if they fight any way they have before this would be a fearless, self sacrificing enemy that won't be the fish in the barrels like Saddam's guard.

The worst way this could go is for China to choose to ignore North Korea's actions. I don't believe they really have anything to fear from NK, as they are already a powerful fully capable nuclear power with an army that could fully occupy North Korea with ease. Though I don't believe communist states are going to fully support each other like in the past, though this could all be another move on the chess board leading up to WW3.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

I'll be damned. I never knew the U.S. had shot down a civilian airliner until now. Thank you for that little history lesson. It was a mistake though. I'm just saying.

and it still doesn't have anything to do with North Korea.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Most Westerners and even people on this forum are reacting the exact way the North Koreans want them to react. It's sad but true because Kim JoonIl wants attention. All he wants he some more wine and steak for himself and he is willing to go this far to acquire it. Pathetic really, and the only way to treat pathetic people is by neglecting them of what they want from us.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TheEndofEvolution

whilst it might not have anything to do with NK - the USA has done these things in the past , and as usual , no admission of guilt was ever made.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
ummm... and this is a surprise to who? = change you can believe in!

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TheEndofEvolution

Yeah there is a lot more to the story of flight IR655.

It's a lot more complicated than some will have you believe. In the end the US was guilty of shooting down a civilian airliner and the families were compensated.

I would recommend if you're interested to read up on the details. Very interesting to say the least.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar

In this day and age of advanced technology, there is NO reason to put our troops in harms way, this entire offense could be waged from the WAR rooms, the real situation is that this is the front for funneling trillions upon trillions of black ops money to the criminal scum.

No matter how advanced technology will become, there will always be advantages of putting boots on the field of battle. Communications for remote vehicles can, and will be broken or jammed.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Time after time I see the same question asked and either ignored or danced around, that question is, why is it ok for the US to have/test nuclear weapons but nobody else? I've never seen an unbiased, straight reply. The common retort is that NK or Iran are "rogue regimes", well that's a matter of perspective, how many countries do you think have that opinion of the US, we probably have no scope from inside of our media bubble.

Well, what if these psychotic leaders developed weapons and sold them to "terrorists", would that not pose a threat to us? Really? We are supposed to take action because NK may be involved in arms exchange? The US is among the leaders in the arms trade both open market and black market and has been for many years, it's ok though we only sell to the good guys.

Call me naive, but I still can't see a justifiable reason for NK, Iran, or any other "axis of evil" to use nuclear weapons offensively right now, it really would be suicide.
...continued

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I DO NOT doubt for a second the severity or reaction time of a retaliation from the US in particular, just ask the survivors of Hiroshima or Nagasaki, or just read some of the comments on the 1st page, some of you would love to see certain countries "obliterated" and those are your own words....sad.

It's easy to hypocritically condemn when you're on the inside looking out, take a step back indeed.

[edit on 5/26/2009 by JKersteJr]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
So the U.S. may have to: Occupy Iraq until they are able to govern themselves, and keep Taliban and terrorists from marching to Afghanistan.(And vice versa.) Occupy Afghanistan and keep the Taliban there from invading and retaking Pakistan. Continue to help Israel from being absolutely overwhelmed from all sides. Help surgically strike possibly occupy Iran, to keep them from obtaining nuclear weapons. and occupy North Korea and keep them from attacking south Korea and stop them from obtaining nuclear weapons.
America is pretty great. But that may be one too many fronts.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Don't get all excited about it. It's just another illusion to cook up another war. Don't you people get it?

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by JKersteJr
Time after time I see the same question asked and either ignored or danced around, that question is, why is it ok for the US to have/test nuclear weapons but nobody else? I've never seen an unbiased, straight reply. The common retort is that NK or Iran are "rogue regimes", well that's a matter of perspective, how many countries do you think have that opinion of the US, we probably have no scope from inside of our media bubble.

Well, what if these psychotic leaders developed weapons and sold them to "terrorists", would that not pose a threat to us? Really? We are supposed to take action because NK may be involved in arms exchange? The US is among the leaders in the arms trade both open market and black market and has been for many years, it's ok though we only sell to the good guys.

Call me naive, but I still can't see a justifiable reason for NK, Iran, or any other "axis of evil" to use nuclear weapons offensively right now, it really would be suicide.
...continued

that does not bother suicide bombers now does it ?

But yes on the face of it the actual states, Iran and NK are competent and would not use nukes as it would be suicide and they are not run by terrorists, just aggressive leaders. They are intelligent and know war would spell bad news.

However i imagine the fear is that if nuclear weapons are obtained by Iran or Syria in particular from North Korea who would sell to them, no doubt, the chances of them falling into terrorist hands is significantly higher.

Thats not to say that will happen but it is a chance that must be met with caution because it could lead to a catastrophe on be it American, European , Japanese soil.

The bottom line is, although morals are nice and dandy and theoretically if one country has nukes, all should be allowed them, it really boils down to defense and paranoia and states such as my own, the UK and the US will do what it best for themselves and not what i considered best for everyone - its just the way it is and it won't change.

The worry i have is not at all about a nuke strike but more about the war that could arise from this current crisis. There is a far higher chance NK will declare war on SK or Japan due to the measures imposed to stop them furthering their nuclear development and them simply saying enough is enough. Its going to be interesting.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

an airliner , flying on a commercial airline route , sqawarking commercial ID on commercial frequencies

the `complications` were the USA shooting it down, and ignroing the IFF which they reseaved as thee ship HAD the upgrade allready.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
South Korean news agency - North Korea has launched a third missile

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
What the hell is up with the Americans?

They go into Iraq, just the thought of so called weapons of mass destruction? they dont find any? but what the hell they Blow the # out of it anyhow.

Then here you have North Korea and what do the Americans do? NOTHING?

Go figure..

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Reports now in of more missiles fired by N.Korea, now in the east coast:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join