It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea 'fires more missiles'

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Avarus

Can't agree with that.

NK is a weapons proliferator and if you are not aware of the fact then you need to read more widely.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by habfan1968
If Japan and South Korea were left to their own devices to deal with NK in it's current state, how would you, a resident of Japan feel about that. So the US troops leave SK and remove bases in/near Japan? I am interested in your POV because you are in
Japan, I am not insinuating anything just want to hear your opinion.

These two countries couldn't even manage to host a World Cup together.

Thing is, you can't remove any player from the picture. Japan and SK must be involved with the solution. As must China. As must the USA - because the USA is a big part of the picture, where north and south Korea are concerned. That's just history. I'd like to imagine a time when US forces are not here, or there, but I like to imagine a lot of things.

IF this is going to be solved, and not just drag on for the next generation, it has to be a joint effort. There's no way around it.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Just when you thought it could not get any worse NK has said it will no longer abide by the 1953 truce and will take strong military action if it sees fit.

By Kim Hyun & Tony Chang
SEOUL, May 27 (Yonhap) -- North Korea said Wednesday it was nullifying the Korean War armistice in response to Seoul's participation in a U.S.-led security campaign and warned of an immediate military strike should any attempt be made to interdict its ships.

The statement, issued by the North's permanent military mission to a joint security area in the demilitarized zone separating the Koreas, also said the country can no longer guarantee the safety of South Korean and U.S. military ships and private vessels moving along the western sea border. [/ex[
Link

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by sy.gunson

my thats interesting given that

source
using data from the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute

and rather much contadicts that statement about North Korea

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Has America got enough Money left to even support a war against N K???

War seems to be there number one priority with everthing, so im sure they will move the North Korea to the top of their expense list...?

This is going to be so funny, Another American WAR financed by CHINA..

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by smashenator

I really don't think the US can afford or fund a war in NK. Furthermore there is no way the US, with all its troops already stretched in Middle East could fight a country with a 1M strong army.

If there is going to be a war or invasion by NK which looks inevitable now unfortuenly the US and Nato will find it very hard to fight NK.

[edit on 27-5-2009 by jonny2410]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by smashenator

History of Nuclear Testing

The U.S. has carried out 1,030 nuclear weapons tests (the last and final test on 23 September 1993). The Soviet Union: 715 tests (the last on 25 October 1990 -- Russia has not exploded any nuclear weapons). France: 210 tests (the last and final test on 27 January 1996). Britain: 45 tests (the last and final on 26 November 1991). China: 43 tests (with some four more tests reportedly planned for 1996-1997).

Has everyone forgotten that the US leads the world in Nuclear tests and that we are the only country that has used an Atomic bomb?

That link doesn't include the many nuclear tests conducted in Antarctica(which coincidentally is centered directly under the giant ozone layer hole) by the US, Russia, Britain, as well as others. Not saying NK isn't a threat, but lets not jump the gun.

[edit on 5/27/2009 by JKersteJr]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by jonny2410

We have plenty of bombs and munitions ready to go. If war were to break out between the US and NK, the US wouldn't bother with ground troops until the country was practically a wasteland.

In my opinion, I would use intelligence to bomb the leadership of North Korea to oblivion, then have South Korea take over the country politically. It would be Korea, no north or south.

Cut the leadership, military and politically in North Korea, and the country cannot wage a successful war, or much of any war. They will fall into confusion as to what to do without proper leadership.

First chance we have, we should be considering massive bombing of SK, then helping SK take control of the country politically.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by JKersteJr

Have you forgotten that the US is the leader in trying to disarm the world of nuclear weapons? Anyway, this is really disturbing. I dont think you will really see the US invade, but if NK shoots a missile at one of our ships or SK's ships then guess what, its on. I dont think the US is going to invade the US with an army. We'll bomb the everloving crap out of them, and say screw rebuilding. JMO

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by truttseeker

Have you forgotten that the US is the leader in trying to disarm the world of nuclear weapons?

Nope, but why is that, who annointed the US as the world police?

Are we not continually developing weapons while disarming everyone else?

[edit on 5/27/2009 by JKersteJr]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Is it going to only be sabre rattling?

Hope you do not mind me hoping in here.
There are a few headlines popping up at the moment.Yes just headlines from AFP.
Here are the links.

N.K headline

N.K.Headline

N.K Headline

N.K Headline

N.K Headline

N.K.Headline

Hopefully more will be added as articles.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Because were the most powerful country in the world. If something happens the were supposed go and stop whoevers doing it. Then if we dont then were not upholding our "responsiblity". And were NOT making new weapons of mass destruction, so go ahead and keep trying to justify youre hating the US, because thats whats cool in the world today right?

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

who is going to take them out.Our country has become a wimp we do not want to hurt anyones feelings.We have to be politically correct.I use to think that the NWO was a joke,but I see how it is getting to be real.That way we have someone to do the dirty work cause we are to week and frail.I say nuke them all!If you kill the women and kids no future bad guys.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Im confused by the thread title. NK fired more missles today? I thought they were done yesterday. Are they firing more? I havent seen anything in the news about it.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

posted on 26-5-2009 @ 12:28 AM
That's when this thread started.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
So then really this discussion should move to one of the newer threads as most if not all of the posts on here in the last 24 hours have nothing to do with NK firing more missles. Is that correct?

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by princeofpeace

posted on 26-5-2009 @ 12:28 AM
That's when this thread started.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by truttseeker

I thought that was the U.N.'s job, not the self appointed responsibility of the US Government? Do all the participating nations bestow upon the US the acting role as judge, jury and executioner for the world?

I'm not anti government or anti US at all...really, I'm anti Military Industrial Complex and oppose the wealthy, powerful, agenda driven men that clearly pull strings in the White House.

You shouldn't assume that because of my opinion I hate the country I was born, raised, and intend to die in, I value it enough to question the policies carried out globally that have given us a bad reputation.

I guess the real questions would be, do you believe our leaders calling the shots are above corruption and can be they be trusted with the responsibility to maintain civility throughout the world in an un-biased manner? What about other nations that want this power?

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
When something happens in the world, who do you think is the first one everyone looks at to guage a response. I'm not all for being the world police. In fact if I were president I'd say screw globalism, and take care of your own problems and fix this country, but as the worlds superpower we have a responsibility to help others. I took an oath to help out with that responsibility.

And your comment about the U.N.'s job, well, since they put the 5 people that can veto a decision in charge, and those 5 happen to have vastly opposing priorities NOTHINGS EVER GOING TO GET DONE. The U.N. is only good for issuing statements and watered down punishments.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by truttseeker
I'm not all for being the world police. In fact if I were president I'd say screw globalism, and take care of your own problems and fix this country

That is definately something we can agree on, why spend precious time and resources everywhere else but our homeland?

Does anyone who supports our enforcement actions abroad, know what people outside the US thinks of us? I would really love to know, something tells me not everyone thinks of us as heroes.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
War is good for the economy. Maybe this is what is needed.

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join