It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Hunters show might get cancelled ? would that slow down the Disclosure process ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Rumor has it that the UFO Hunters show might get cancelled.

i remember before the show aired, we all were wishing for a great ufo program to watch and to help get the word out about this subject.

even if you are critical of the show, you have to admit that it does give world wide exposure about this subject. if we all want the goverments to disclose what they know, taking this show off the air is not going to help in my opinion.

do you want to see more shows created wich might possibly help disclosure or do you think it has hurt ufology and should be cancelled ?

link to the petition...

www.petitiononline.com...

aliencasebook.blogspot.com...

Flag this Mutha !

[edit on 25-5-2009 by easynow]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

What I'd really like to see is an ATS UFO show on History or similar network.

UFO Hunters is passable at best, but if ATS did one with expert members such as yourself as a part of it, it would surely be out of this world.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

thanks for the compliment my friend

that sounds like a great idea ,someday that might happen ? you gonna be the director for us ?

the show might not be up to everyones standards but i think it's impossible to please everyone anyways ,with a diverse subject such as this.

i still say, if this show gets canceled it will not help matters.

[edit on 26-5-2009 by easynow]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Yeah, I agree, an ATS UFO show on (does it really have to be history channel?) would be really cool. I would watch it, heck, I might even take part in it.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
there has been a couple hundred people sign the petition since i did earlier. everyone is screaming to keep it on the air.

this comment is right on target...

Please for the love of god, do not cancel this show. It is one of the best shows that you have on the history channel. We need disclosure and this channel has been helping this cause in a great way.

seems i am not the only one that thinks this show is helping us to get to the truth.

as crazy as this show might get sometimes...we need the exposure !

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Blower. I appreciated the show. Made people second think the idea of aliens to show such a program on a top Network. Maybe they have something better up their sleeve if it does get cancelled...

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Star for you, me too.
I thought the ATS show lost in the vote. I actually vote for that.
I think UFO hunters suffers from the same thing, the lack of enthusiasm for it.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

I've seen the show, and I'm glad it's being cancelled, I really don't believe that's the kind of publicity ufology needs.

I also don't have much respect for the history channel anymore.

[edit on 26-5-2009 by SkepticPerhaps]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
A show that keeps UFOlogy in the public consciousness will always be a loss.
Out of sight, out of mind and all that.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Is there really any thing new on UFOs to have a show?

I watched a couple shows - there's just nothing there to hold my interest.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
The problem as I see it is that the show breaks no new ground...every one I have seen leaves me disappointed and "not as advertised". It just rehashes old stuff, discredits a lot of supposedly "new" data (not always actually new), reaches no conclusions except to talk about "possible" this or "probable" that..."we have a video of smoking debris from an alleged UFO crash site sent to us anonymously which can't be verified or authenticated"...that sort of thing.

It doesn't help that Bill Birnes struts around in his ridiculous pseudo-military garb and enormous aviator shades spouting rubbish.

In all fairness (?) to the History Channel, "Monsterquest" is equally bad when it comes to the topic of cryptozoology. I mean, really, they're looking for a giant spider with a body 5 feet long and the best they can do is produce a tarantula with a 10 inch leg spread, looking for a 200 foot octopus but the best they find is a 7 foot long specimen already known, giant killer bears that never materialize (although overpopulation of normal black bears invading a NJ neighborhood are given prominent exposure)...etc., etc., etc. But at the end of the program they talk about "possibilities" of undiscovered creatures.

Same MO as "UFO Hunters".

It piques the interest but always disappoints. I have come to expect that from the History Channel at this point. After all, these are the people that took an actually good 2-hour special on "Life After People" and turned it into a series of episodes that look cloned to be an apparent cash generator.

They do occasionally have some really good programming, but I don't expect too much from them nowadays. At least they have gotten away from being (as my wife used to refer to them)..."The Nazi Channel". Not that long ago it really seemed that almost every show had something to do with Hitler or WWII.

You have to admit they have branched out since then...

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by RR98

I'm sorry friend, but you're missing the point.

This is the only good UFO show, or only show left that covers the subject of UFOs - us enthusiasts will have nothing left, nothing to look forward to.

I didn't like the show when it first came out, they started off 'half and half', but by the time they got to season 3, they covered USOs, giant triangles, dulce base, area 51, autec, one covered vortexes, and so many other intriguing episodes. The new skeptic Kevin Cook is a really good addition to the show.

All in all, it's a high budget show, it's very entertaining, very educational for those just starting to research ufology. And they always try to show as much footage as possible.

It would be sad to see this disappear.

Regards,

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by easynow
do you want to see more shows created which might possibly help disclosure or do you think it has hurt ufology and should be canceled ?

More shows created... yes...

UFO hunters?
They are just very hard to take seriously...

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majorion
. . . it's very entertaining, very educational for those just starting to research ufology. And they always try to show as much footage as possible.

It would be sad to see this disappear.

I agree it is good for newbies.

Is that enough?

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Hi Annee,

I highly recommend you watch the ones about Autec and another about Area 51. Surpassed my expectations, honestly. Really, UFO Hunters is an underrated show. The only problem is with the name "ufo hunters", it put me off for the longest time, I only recently started to catch up on all the episodes. You should watch them all before they get removed from YouTube soon.

This is the only UFO show left, and it's a darn good one, it would not be good for ufology to lose the last show left.

Regards,

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
UFO hunters takes away from the credibility of UFo's.

They throw a little string out there, make you think that they are going to prove something, then deviate 270 degrees from that subject into silly areas like floating a balloon over a town in texas and pointing lazers at it, then claiming they "proved"something, (when anyone who knows the slightest thing about triangulating knows that you cannot triangulate a location when that location has an unknown height-if you do, the possibility of error is near 100%).

Honestly, I think it is a disinfo show.

Good riddance.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

While the show is quite entertaining, another show like it is likely to replace it if History decides to cancel it. Don't forget, two seasons were aired back to back, so the show may not get a renewal notice until the fall.

I liked UFO Files better, and would like it if that show returned. My problem with UFO Hunters is they reach conclusions too quickly with the most minimal evidence shown.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I didn't know "UFO Hunter" is part of the "disclosure process" in the first place. Guess that should tell you how well that process is working, lol.

The show is a joke. Bill represents the stereotypical UFO person to the average Joe, and he does well to enforce that stereotype too I might add.

Been in the game for many, many years folks. And the cancellation of one sucky show that was a pimple on the ass of ufology in the first place amounts to a hill of beans.

[edit on 26-5-2009 by IgnoreTheFacts]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Majorion

thanks Majorion

your right the point is,

the show may not prove anything but it gives us something to look forward to and for any "newbies" it might spark an interest in the subject.

the young people will be the ones to carry on with the investigation of this subject. we need them to get interested in it and this show helps to do that imo.

also the constant exposure on Tv, has got to be helping the cause for disclosure. if it's out of sight then it's out of mind as mentioned already in this thread.

i see many problems with the show but i also see the good it is doing also. some people are too critical and can't see the good here.

i respect everyone's opinion on this matter but this show is better than no show.

here's another link to this story and it say's the possible cancellation might be due to their budget. Pat is upset that the low budget is causing problems with the investigations wich makes sense to me.

“Pat U. was depressed at how the budgeting — or rather, the lack thereof — for really basic things was hurting the quality of the episodes.” Now granted, this doesn’t necessarily mean that the program’s future is uncertain, as constraints with the present economy are affecting virtually every industry; including television. However, Nancy tells me that these budgetary and other restrictions have caused some to “jump to the conclusion that there would be no Season 4,” which Nancy now says “is what the production team does believe.”

The good news, at this point, is that the network has made it clear that they have not reached a decision, as of yet. “Doesn’t look good, but not entirely bleak,” according to Nancy. Whatever the circumstances, if change can be made, now is the time to act.

If you enjoy History Channel’s UFO Hunters, and would like to continue following Bill Birnes and the crew as they push the boundaries (at least as far as television networks can allow), I encourage all the readers of this blog to take time to do one of two things:

gralienreport.com...

[edit on 26-5-2009 by easynow]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I'd like to see them whip up a can of Tesla anti gravity beams and
show off what science can do instead of being Illuminati ET spouting
wiping boys.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join