It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Hunters show might get cancelled ? would that slow down the Disclosure process ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

also the constant exposure on Tv, has got to be helping the cause for disclosure. if it's out of sight then it's out of mind as mentioned already in this thread.

Actually, I think Ufology and the subject needs to be out of sight and out of mind for a while. Then, while no one is looking we can clean ourselves out, police ourselves better, do our best to hush up the more outlandish material (true or not) then come back into the mainstream 5-10 years from now.

The internet has fogged the subject almost beyond repair. On top of that you add the death of logic, reason and common sense....well, you can see why we are laughed at generally speaking. To get this subject taken seriously, we must be serious about it.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majorion
reply to post by Annee

Hi Annee,

I highly recommend you watch the ones about Autec and another about Area 51. Surpassed my expectations, honestly.

Thank you.

I really would love to see a serious TV show of much of what is discussed on ATS. Including David Icke - Reptilians - NWO - Abductions - etc.

It could be broken down into FACTS - sightings - speculation - interviews - - - but done in a sophisticated & entertaining way.

However - - perhaps UFO Hunters is a good start. Not everyone has been following this kind of stuff for years. We have to remember & we need Newbies.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

Actually, I think Ufology and the subject needs to be out of sight and out of mind for a while. Then, while no one is looking we can clean ourselves out, police ourselves better, do our best to hush up the more outlandish material (true or not) then come back into the mainstream 5-10 years from now.

your ignoring the fact this is not a perfect world and that idea is just a dream and not in touch with the reality of the problems we are faced with.

please tell me how you could implement a plan like that ?

The internet has fogged the subject almost beyond repair. On top of that you add the death of logic, reason and common sense....well, you can see why we are laughed at generally speaking. To get this subject taken seriously, we must be serious about it.

face reality...that is not going to change.

we can only try to improve what we have and ATS is a big part of that equation. the critical thinking members here are setting the pace for weeding thru the B.S. and finding the truth.

if the ufo hunters show does continue, how can we help them to improve their investigations ? and can you not see that this show is getting the younger generation interested in the ufo subject ?

please look for some good in all this. i can tell you about a whole list of things that are wrong with the show but i also see some good.

do we throw out the baby with the bath water ?

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
My brother is the most ultra skeptical dude I know, and I had showed him all sorts of documentaries, photos, videos, documents, etc - and he wasn't convinced.

Recently, I cherry picked a few of the really good UFO Hunters episodes, as I was saying earlier, the Area 51 episode (in which they capture HD footage of area 51) and he really enjoyed it, and then I showed him Dulce - with which he was even more impressed, then I showed him the latest one about Autec and underwater bases, and that really got him into this subject, he finally became convinced that UFOs are real and that this whole issue deserves better.

He always asks me one thing... why is it that the MSM don't just discuss this and look into it, as clearly it deserves all the focus in the world. I then proceed to tell him that he should not expect anything from the media, and that these 'fringe' subjects are mostly ridiculed during any given 2 minute segment that rarely shows up. Yet, if you look at the statistics, I'd be willing to bet that most people are really interested in UFOs and similar topics, perhaps more so than your every day economics and crime news, but the MSM don't cover this, so people feel uncomfortable talking about these things in public.

If UFO Hunters goes, I would at least like to see a new UFO series take over, but given the apparent abrupt ending and possible failure of the former, there may be no reason for a latter.

Regards,

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I'm quite a bit behind in my watching of UFO Hunters, but their being taken in by a hoax may have affected the way that the network feels about the show.

In case you missed it, this is what I'm talking about: www.skeptic.com...

Personally, I'm really upset with how the hoaxers and Skeptic magazine handled this. They revealed the hoax prior to the episode airing. All that had aired were a couple of advertisements for a special episode of UFO Hunters. The reveal of the hoax would have been much more effective if they had waited for the episode to air rather than being cute and revealing it on April Fools Day.

-Derek

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts[/url]
...do our best to hush up the more outlandish material (true or not)

if the ufo hunters show does continue, how can we help them to improve their investigations ? and can you not see that this show is getting the younger generation interested in the ufo subject ?

The problem is the public thirst for MORE...

In an attempt to keep feeding the public ever MORE, UFO researchers try to meet the deadline by jumping on any thing that pops up... never stopping to consider that if they support a hoax by being 'first out of the gate' it will damage there reputation...

They are all in such a rush to get the scoop, they don't take the time to examine a case.

In the case of UFO Hunters they must have new material to meet the next week's episode deadline. How do they say to their producer... 'sorry boss, nothing special happened this week'

Unfortunately its the ravenous public that created this problem... in the same way that the games in the Roman coliseum had to get bloodier and bloodier to satiate the populace.

I see it here at ATS... you present material and its passed over so quickly in favor of the next new thread that a few weeks later someone 'discovers' your material as something new...

Sadly I don't see this changing... there will always be the next Haiti UFO, or the latest Drone sighting to make front page headlines. Deliberate hoaxes like the Skeptics one just muddy the water even more. I for one appreciate that they 'fessed up' quickly for April Fool's

[edit on 28-5-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
It seems to me that when Dr. Ted left the show the show really lost it's Mojo.... The last season with the new guy "Kevin" i think his name is.. was bad.
The best episode I thought they did was the Area 51 Revealed. Which if anyone ever noticed was NEVER rebroadcast again after that night. (that I know of) I Taped it on Tivo but I checked for months so a friend could watch that episode and it was never rebroadcasted.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join