It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 10 punches that Dick Cheney landed on Barack Obama's jaw

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   

1. "I've heard occasional speculation that I'm a different man after 9/11. I wouldn't say that, but I'll freely admit that watching a coordinated, devastating attack on our country from an underground bunker at the White House can affect how you view your responsibilities."

This quote only works if we know Cheney wasn't involved in planning the 9/11 terorrist attacks. There has never been a real investigation so you cannot know that.

"The first attack on the World Trade Center was treated as a law- enforcement problem, with everything handled after the fact: arrests, indictments, convictions, prison sentences, case closed."

Before the first World Trade Center attack, the FBI supplied the terrorists the explosives or allowed them to buy them on purpose. So, I'd call that a law-enforement problem. And if you read the court case, you can see that this is matter of public fact that the FBI really did allow the first WTC attack to happen. Yet, you don't seem to understand the FBI also seemed to allow the second WTC attack to happen under nearly the same situation. To their credit the FBI never put Osama Bin Ladin on the wanted list due to lack of evidence. Cheney's whole line only makes sense if it was a military problem, but just like the 2nd WTC attack, the FBI was all over the 1st WTC attack as well before it happened. Yeah, law enforement problem. And a serious one.

"By presidential decision last month, we saw the selective release of documents relating to enhanced interrogations. This is held up as a bold exercise in open government, honoring the public's right to know. We're informed as well that there was much agonizing over this decision. Yet somehow, when the soul searching was done and the veil was lifted on the policies of the Bush administration, the public was given less than half the truth."
That is more of a swing at Obama rather than a punch to him. After all unless we have seen the whole truth we don't know if Obama is really telling us less than half of it. Though given basically all politicians are lying scum, I'll be you are right this is a punch to Obama because when is the last time he's told us the truth about anything?

"It's hard to imagine a worse precedent filled with more possibilities for trouble and abuse than to have an incoming administration criminalize the policy decisions of its predecessor. Apart from doing a serious injustice to intelligence operators and lawyers, who deserve far better for their devoted service, the danger here is a loss of focus on national security and what it requires."
The constitution and federal code long ago criminalized the actions of Obama's predecessor. To say Obama criminalized torture just does not make sense. You could argue that Obama is criminalizing toruture in that he really does not want it. Good. And as for intelligence operators and lawyers who allow anything that remotely resembles torture to take place under their watch, they are traitors and deserve a long prison sentence. National security requires we have policies in place that prevent unconvicted people from being punished. After all, nobody is secure when the constiution is getting ignored.

Dick Cheney is a true Patriot. If the GOP is looking for leadership and guidance they don't have to look any further than this man right here.
Dick Cheney does not value freedoms. He values security. He is a patriot to fascism. His whole vice presidency was about sacrificing our freedoms in the name of safety, and he may not have even had a problem if 2,000 Americans "had to die to make the other 300 million safer". Since he worked to block the investigation, I'll believe he is guilty. I have no doubt he values America and wants it to be secure. But that alone does not make him a patriot because you also have to value the constitution over your own personal security.

[edit on 25-5-2009 by Aakron]

[edit on 25-5-2009 by Aakron]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I actually hope he and his daughter keep up their seemingly daily discourse on the validity of actions taken during his "watch". The more you speak, the potential that something unintended slips out increases with every word, especially from his daughter who may not be as skilled at lying as her father. (Where is his other daughter by the way? I'm sure she has some enlightening insight about her loving dad).

All Dick is doing is laying the groundwork to poison any prospective jury pool that may be called upon in the future trial which is looking more certain every day. Keep insisting that the file cabinets be opened for all to see. And not "selective files" to try and bolster his case, all of them, down to every last scrap of paper ever generated on his behalf. You know the old saying, "be careful what you wish for...

The only thing that would preclude any legal actions against him at this point is if he has another heart attack and his lawyers play up the sympathy card. By the way, I hope any lawyer that he picks is better than the bunch of idiots that got us in this mess in the first place.

Say goodnight Dick, the shows over.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

And while the idiots running the nation bicker and squabble the country does a Titanic impression. Lovely.....

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

I believe this helps illustrate your point.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/420513c17632.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   

To tell you the truth my friend, our nation has not honest politicians and has not for a long, long time.

Cheney can talk any way he wants to cover his own corrupted dirty butt, and sugar coat while doing it, but we all know including you that he is nothing than another rotten politicians and you and me are not even in the list of his priorities and neither this nation.

While I agree that Obama is nothing but another Bush with different skin color I will never give credit to any of then because they are nothing but trash destroying this nation in our names.

You are not blind you have seen and if you need more prove, come and join the Market data thread there is plenty of information on how this nation is been brought to its knees by our own for the people corrupted leaders

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Let me translate for our RR friend as he will twist your words into something to his liking.

You can paint a pile of poo with gold, but it's still a pile of poo.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

Thank you Tentickles for the representation to what I was getting at. But I think it's time for a diatribe as well.
Can I ask all of you a question? What is the common thread through all of the members and us in this silly debate? We are Americans! And a great deal of partisan idiots that are allowing this country to sink can't see past their pretty idiotic titles of republican or democrat or what friggin else. And you know what's happening? America IS DYING. No ifs ands or butts about it America is dying. And for what? Because we are absolutely REFUSING to put aside our petty bullcrap and come together AS A WHOLE and deal with the existing threat to our well being. Which is vastly different than the crisises we have dealt with in the past, each time in history we have been faced with a challenge we have put aside our differences, banded together, forgot our petty bullcrap and worked together to fix things for the common good. That is the EXACT OPPOSITE of what we are doing now, instead we are keep our retarded petty distinctions and differences and WE ARE DYING FOR IT.

*sighs* And our children *our futures* are going to pay the price.

[edit on 25-5-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   

I just want to say I find it very odd that Cheney is going so hard after Obama to release allt he documents when over the last eight years his administration, sorry, Bush's administration tried everything possible to cover up the same documents.

As for Mr Cheney's comments on criminalizing previous administrations actions, he is wrong. The actions were already criminalized until they decriminalized it.

Also, is re writing the constitution and giving the president carte blanche to do whatever he wants without having to worry about being tried in an international court not a bad precedent?

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
!

Originally posted by Tentickles
I am truly hoping that you are not serious...

Cheney has ruined this country in the eyes of the world.

We are no longer the land of the free, we are the land that tortures.

You going to make the same judgements when and after Barry screws this country up so badly that it takes generations to fix? Opps, that's right, the man walks on water....besides having the ability to enslave our children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren to paying the debt incurred by a man, so adorned by his wacky followers, in less than 150 days of being in office...umm, as compared to Bush who was in office for 8 years.

lulz? No, it is I who is truly hoping that you, among MANY others here, are not serious.....!

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
he says 7 1/2 years on his watch without repeat shouldnt be scorned or criminalised. but it did happen on your watch. you did know it was coming and you did nothing to stop it. thats the biggest "terrorist" attack ever, on your watch. well done mr cheney.

[edit on 25-5-2009 by ballastastronaut]

[edit on 25-5-2009 by ballastastronaut]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
He did such a great job that our borders are still completely WIDE OPEN.

Cheney can go to hell....actually...he probably has a spot reserved for himself there already.

Let's hear him talk about HALLIBURTON. It's great to see that he could capitalize ON AMERICAN DEATHS.

Quite honestly I can't believe there are still people out there defending the scumbag.

[edit on 25-5-2009 by David9176]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ballastastronaut

As well as Clinton knew such was coming...it was called Operation Bojinka.
Imagine if Clinton would have taken the deal that would have handed over Bin Laden to the US.

Don't blame Cheney; insert coin and try again.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

I'll defend Cheney any frakin day over a non-water walking moron such as Barry....anyday.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Seekerof

You going to make the same judgements when and after Barry screws this country up so badly that it takes generations to fix? Opps, that's right, the man walks on water.

I find it hard to understand how some of you think because people criticize Bush or Cheney that they must believe Obama to be a deity.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by harvib

I find it hard to believe that many of you actually think Barry is the next best thing to God or the return of the/a messiah....ironic, huh?

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Cheney did some good things, some not so good. Cheney as I understood it was the Vice President. So, unless I'm misinformed, he's caught a lot of crap for matters that weren't his responsibility.

Bush should have closed down the borders.

Bush should never have attacked Iran, just because Saddam tried to kill his Daddy.

Bush should have never pushed that damned spending bill in his last weeks as President.

Odd, but after that, we in the US weren't hit again, so we must have been doing something right on that element.

Bush isn't taking the country right down the crapper. Our current President is.

Cheney isn't liked because he is a very smart man, able to concisely explain facts. Facts that get in the way of flaming liberals rhetoric.

We are broke. Beyond broke.

We also have a high percentage of the population in a state of adoration, from an unknown, spouting unattainable ideals, leading us right down the path of disaster.

Hitler was the same, smooth talking SOB.

And a majority of fools fell for his line as well.

And we see how well he did.

Cheney was VP.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
We had a lot of blind spots after the attacks on our country, things we didn't know about al Qaeda. We didn't know about al Qaeda's plans, but Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and a few others did know. And with many thousands of innocent lives potentially in the balance, we did not think it made sense to let the terrorists answer questions in their own good time, if they answered them at all."

That makes sense to me

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Seekerof

I find it hard to believe that many of you actually think Barry is the next best thing to God or the return of the/a messiah....ironic, huh?

Did you even read my post? I feel like you used a magic eight ball full of rhetorical responses to respond. Is it possible that there are individuals that are capable of criticizing both Republicans and Democrats with out believing either to be deities?

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

Who?

Who actually thinks that?

This is the generic response to criticism of Republicans. You assume we all bow down to posters of Obama each night to pray for his well-being.

The truth is most people here are very critical of Obama. We are suspicious of his motives, his connections to the elite, and the fact that he really hasn't held up to much of his word during his time in office. People who voted for him have expressed their regrets, and while some defend him, they do not idolize him.

This whole "Obamessiah" thing is really past its due. It just comes off as a way of saying 'I have nothing intelligent to add to this discussion'.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   

4. "It's hard to imagine a worse precedent filled with more possibilities for trouble and abuse than to have an incoming administration criminalize the policy decisions of its predecessor. Apart from doing a serious injustice to intelligence operators and lawyers, who deserve far better for their devoted service, the danger here is a loss of focus on national security and what it requires."

This one bothers me too.
Criminalizing previous administrations, is a dangerous precedent.
What I'm afraid of is a repetition as various Administrations come and go.
We may end up spending all of our time in revenge mode.
It has already become a standard media tactic. Where The Obama administration uses the Bush administration as an excuse for it's unconstitutional behavior. It also projects to the world, an America that is at war with itself.

The Obama administration is actually a product of the Bush Administration.
Perhaps they are the "monsters of our ID"?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join