It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

kill the whole indigo thing. It's a trap......

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

No worries my man. Thanks for the great reply, I'm actually enrolled in a Zen Buddhism class this semester at school. You are indeed right on, I was in a bit of a downer mood earlier, so I apologize if my reply came off a bit dickish.

Thanks for the kind response and as you are well aware everyone's ego shows at one point or another (until we reach the next stage of development at least)

I'm impressed with your understanding and always appreciate the sharing of knowledge.

Keep on the path brother, hopefully see you on the other side some day.

[edit on 4-4-2010 by Shark VA84]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
If you care about oneness and spirituality than maybe you ARE an indigo. or a crystal- It just is to suggest an aura that shows a spiritual awareness. True indigoes and crystals probably don't feel the need for labels or for the popular literature on them- that may or may not be correct anyways. If you are spiritually oriented and want to help human kind shift back to this spirituality- than you are a part of that movement in a way..though it's a fad now so labels need to be dropped.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
Indigo simply refers to an energy color in an Aura.

Any of the other descriptives - - such as Crystal - Rainbow - etc - - only refers to new energies "souls/beings" entering this world in human bodies - - that are more aware of their energies and may come from higher vibrations.

Separation - - is a physical term.

that is how i have always thought it was

someone once took my photo and my gf at the time also, hers was bright yellow and orange, mine was blue and white, he was informative in reading both our auras and claimed to be 'psychic', actually we didn't even have any money for the photo, but he actually came up to us and said something about a dream about two people who wanted a photo taken but didn't have money and that he knew he had to give us the photos for free, it was unusual because if he was a fraud, he wasn't a very good one because he didn't scam any money whatsoever, but he was enthusiastic in reading mine and explaining to me exactly how he thought the indigo 'trait' applied to me, i assumed it was just a color thing, but personal experience has shown not a commonality between indigos but just a 'common seperation' 'from the dictated norm. of everyone else' haha

i haven't any idea what or who the people with indigo auras out there that are marching around claiming to have powers or be special or something, but a really common trait is the feeling of royalty... but i would describe it as the feeling that (if you beleive in reincarnation) you have spent lifetimes working hard, or suffering, or generally doing things for better or for people without reward, and in THIS lifetime you just want to spend some time relaxing, or goofing off, or spending more time aquainting with yourself and your own personal goals, and the feeling is so strong that it makes all other things look small in comparison, thus an indigo might view anything that is not relavent to self interest as not important, boring or whatever, i can see how that would evolve into an annoying royalty battle

i don't know though, perhaps that is only me, who knows, i'm so wrapped up in my own illusions it might not matter

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Shark VA84

Don't worry man, we're all human. We're allowed to demonstrate the full range of emotions. It's natural.

Zen Buddhism is cool. I've not personally delved too deeply into Zen, but I've touched the surface with it. I wish you luck with it in your semester.

Buddhism filled an essential role in my life as I prepared for some dramatic spiritual changes. So the historicity, spirituality, and philosophy of the Hinayana and Mahayana were drilled into me. Then the various schools of the Hinayana were pursued deeper and Theravada Buddhism is where I am currently at.

It's always nice to hear from others' who take spirituality seriously. Best of luck on your road.

~ Scribe

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by indigothefish

Good post.

I feel we are in some kind of transition. Kind of like in the book Darwin's Radio.

There are just too many people feeling it.

I personally don't use the term Indigo. I prefer "Energy Aware" or "Awakened Energy".

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
Does the Op have an axe to grind with the Indigos? You know the term comes from the Aura these kids project. They are highly intelligent, and have no respect for authority figures, not even parents. They seem to know a lot more that they have learned or studied, and speak often of talking with other kids that the parents cannot see. I consider myself one, as are my two children. We have nothing against anyone else, and love everyone on the planet. We are trying to wake up the people to things they do not know. We are not a cult, nor a religious movement, and we have no agenda. We only wish peace on Earth and an end to war...we wish everyone to have enough to eat and drink, and for all children to have proper medical care. We are creating a new world with our thoughts, as everyone should be doing. You can put us down as a passing fantasy, that is your right, but we all send love to every being.

You talk about having no respect for anyone (not even parents!) yet you talk of loving everyone?? I'm sorry but I don't see how the two can work together! I don't have a lot of respect for Government, large corporations etc, but I do have respect for many other people even if we don't have the same opinions and although I don't necessarily love everyone I respect, I most certainly couldn't love anyone I didn't respect!

I also think the word "love" is misunderstood - love is about total acceptance and understanding of others, in as much that you can "love" them for being who they are. However, as with the discussion with "one-ness" we humans on the whole haven't cracked that yet and are mostly judgmental, and from what I have read about so called "indigos" they seem to be more judgmental than most, by saying that the rest of us "non-enlightened" - non-indigos/crystals/rainbows etc, etc" are just jealous of them, and that we just don't understand! And I'm sorry, but if you judge someone, then you cannot truly love them, which makes a mockery of the whole "indigo" debate.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Well think of it this way (still not a total believer of this whole Indigo thing...i'm thinking/feeling) my parents, parent now is VERY judgemental but she loves me and i can see where your coming from but not all love is the same. Either that or maybe my mother hates me and i just don't know it yet, JK!

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nightchild
reply to post by dominicus

Well, I do agree with your overall message. All groups and minorities needs to learn to get along and live side by side. But this 'Oness' for some reason just keeps on leading my thoughts to Invasion of The Bodysnatchers.

I totally agree with you here, Nightchild.

I've always thought this indigo-child theory is a ploy used by people in less evolved stages of humanity to indoctrinate, manipulate, stagnate, drain aura energy, & take advantage of others who they fear may be more evolved, intelligent, & spiritual. These Indigo people might as well be nothing but jealous & angry cavemen or energy parasites compared to average people from this century.

I know quite a few people among my childhood friends & relatives who say they feel their astral energy being drained away whenever they come accross people who call themselves Indigo individuals, lecture others about what they think Buddha meant to teach his deciples, or go around being all preachy and telling people what to do. I've always felt the same way whenever I've talked with self-proclaimed Indigo, Crystal, Star or other types of people. They probably have serious control issues & try to feel better by convincing others to treat them as special, enlightened, kind, brave or superior individuals.

I think these people are just immature mental retards, whiners, & control freaks who like to always feel special & superior than others. Like mere weirdos that grow up smoking cigarettes to look cool, trying to fit in with peers by saying bad things about their parents or teachers behind their backs, or calling kindergarten kids gay for not liking girls. They just like annoying others to get attention & drain energy.

[edit on 6-4-2010 by killyou]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by LGshine7007

I agree, I have a mother like that as well, but I think maternal love is (usually!) different in that women are often seemingly "hard-wired" to love their offspring, not matter what, but I think that to "love" everyone in the sense that the "indigos" refer to, would require you to be totally non-judgmental, and to have respect for all things, in order to be effective.

Just my thoughts though, I am a normal human, who would love the world to be a fairer, safer and happier place for everyone, and whilst I endeavor to always be true to myself and to live by these values - well I am human, and yes things annoy me and I judge and criticise - most of us do - even the so called "indigos"

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
OOh let's relable the hippie movement and call it something else because there is ADHD attatched to it. I'm sorry I've never bought into it and I never will. The problem imo is that the disenfranchised need to feel special a la Nancy Anne Tappe. I don't beleive any of us are unique. If we all were created from the same cosmic matter and there are innumerable parallel universes then our uniqueness ends where infinity begins.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrJay1975
OOh let's relable the hippie movement and call it something else because there is ADHD attatched to it. I'm sorry I've never bought into it and I never will. The problem imo is that the disenfranchised need to feel special a la Nancy Anne Tappe. I don't beleive any of us are unique. If we all were created from the same cosmic matter and there are innumerable parallel universes then our uniqueness ends where infinity begins.

And that's the physical of it.

Which is quite diverse in itself.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by destination now

I can see where your coming from on this and i agree with you to a certain degree. I'm mean think about it from where I'm standing it just seems like these indigo or people or whatever in a way act as if they are our parents, well some of them. I mean I don't really believe in this whole Indigo thing but that's what it seems like to me. By they way its great that your open-minded and care for everyone I whish there were more people like you that I knew. Just like you I care for everyone but just as much as I care i judge, I wish i didn't but i do...well life goes on.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by LGshine7007

I can see where your coming from on this and i agree with you to a certain degree. I'm mean think about it from where I'm standing it just seems like these indigo or people or whatever in a way act as if they are our parents, well some of them.

No different then anyone with a belief.

Some think their belief is personal.
Some believe they have to proselytize.
Some try to force their belief on others.
Some switch from one belief to another for various reasons.
Some think they have to congregate with others of the same belief.

Oneness/Energy belief is not new. This is the information age. We have become more knowledgable of many things and different beliefs.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Thanks LGshine, I agree that the apparent message (well to me anyway) from the indigos is that they can somehow change the world and that they possess qualities which we don't and that they are somehow berating us for not being perfect, yet one of the apparent traits of an indigo is someone who does not respect authority.

However, I believe that in order to change anything, there has to be respect, how can you truly understand something if you don't respect it, and that is where it will be the ordinary people, like us, who are most likely to make a difference. There are many people like us, who strive to do our best, but who ultimately accept that we are all human, with human failings, and as a result of understanding and accepting our own failings, I think we can more readily accept and understand the faults in others, which in turn leads to greater understanding and tolerance, which in turn can lead to more harmony throughout the world - people don't need to be "indigo/crystal/rainbow" or anything else to make a difference, we just need to be true to ourselves.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by destination now

Thanks LGshine, I agree that the apparent message (well to me anyway) from the indigos is that they can somehow change the world and that they possess qualities which we don't and that they are somehow berating us for not being perfect, yet one of the apparent traits of an indigo is someone who does not respect authority.

That's not true. Maybe for some of the newbie "jump on the latest craze" spiritual minded. But - that's way off.

Its really about transcending and "evolution".

We are an evolving species. In this case we are "evolving" or transcending physical and connecting more with our energy being.

That is as simplistic as I can put it.

Its "evolution"

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

That's not true. Maybe for some of the newbie "jump on the latest craze" spiritual minded. But - that's way off.

Its really about transcending and "evolution".

We are an evolving species. In this case we are "evolving" or transcending physical and connecting more with our energy being.

That is as simplistic as I can put it.

Its "evolution"

So, you think the poster i have quoted below is not an indigo then? Are they a bandwagon jumper? Because what they have to say is, in my opinion, rather typical of the so called indigo movement, in terms of excusing bad behavior and dressing it up as superior powers??

Originally posted by autowrench
Does the Op have an axe to grind with the Indigos? You know the term comes from the Aura these kids project. They are highly intelligent, and have no respect for authority figures, not even parents. They seem to know a lot more that they have learned or studied, and speak often of talking with other kids that the parents cannot see. I consider myself one, as are my two children. We have nothing against anyone else, and love everyone on the planet. We are trying to wake up the people to things they do not know. We are not a cult, nor a religious movement, and we have no agenda. We only wish peace on Earth and an end to war...we wish everyone to have enough to eat and drink, and for all children to have proper medical care. We are creating a new world with our thoughts, as everyone should be doing. You can put us down as a passing fantasy, that is your right, but we all send love to every being.

Or is it just me, (and many others on this thread) who think this is just a way of self-elevating? And if not, and this is a question I've asked before; What exactly do you intend to do, apart from sending out vibes - that will save the world; And if that is all that you do - how will you know if it's working and the world will be saved? (should that occur in your human lifespan)

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Yes - in a way.

I disagree with how they are presenting it.

Indigo is simply a color. In this case an energy color.

Meaning (in theory) evolved or higher level or increased energy in comparison to the average physical being "human".

"Awakened" - "Awareness" - "Increased" - "Evolved"

Basically and in simplistic terms: Evolution - Evolving in higher energy awareness. Other then physical evolution.

Why not? Some have argued humans have reached the peak of their physical evolution.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   

I agree, I have a mother like that as well, but I think maternal love is (usually!) different in that women are often seemingly "hard-wired" to love their offspring, not matter what, but I think that to "love" everyone in the sense that the "indigos" refer to, would require you to be totally non-judgmental, and to have respect for all things, in order to be effective.

Naw, the whole instant bonding, loving babies right away is a myth that causes a lot of babies their lives unfortunately. Though that's an extreme case, a myth never the less.

That being said, I am not 'indigo' but I do spiritually love everyone and I can say that you can still be 'biased' and judgemental and love someone at the same time. Have you ever had a sibling walk in with a new love interest you didnt like or shoes that looked ridiculous? Any time you make a judgement doesn't mean you love them any less. i would never intentionally hurt anyone with my actions and I do love people but that's in a spiritual way.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zerra

Naw, the whole instant bonding, loving babies right away is a myth that causes a lot of babies their lives unfortunately. Though that's an extreme case, a myth never the less.

True. Humans like animals used to live in larger family groups. The young learned from the older.

Animals in isolation often do not know how to care for an offspring or have "natural" nurturing instinct.

In this day and age where people "have their own space" - - children going off alone to their rooms with their own TV/Computer/Phone - etc - - - do not learn nurturing.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Yes - in a way.

I disagree with how they are presenting it.

Indigo is simply a color. In this case an energy color.

Meaning (in theory) evolved or higher level or increased energy in comparison to the average physical being "human".

"Awakened" - "Awareness" - "Increased" - "Evolved"

Basically and in simplistic terms: Evolution - Evolving in higher energy awareness. Other then physical evolution.

Why not? Some have argued humans have reached the peak of their physical evolution.

Well I have no idea what colour my aura is, but I am an "awakened" "aware" individual, but in no way, would I class myself as "indigo"

And what about my other question, "How does having this colour aura (when so many of the traits of people who apparently have this are as far from being evolved as you could get, i.e. being anti-social, having no respect etc) help to save the world and exactly how will these indigo aura people save the world?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join