It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

kill the whole indigo thing. It's a trap......

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zerra

Originally posted by destination now
reply to post by LGshine7007

I agree, I have a mother like that as well, but I think maternal love is (usually!) different in that women are often seemingly "hard-wired" to love their offspring, not matter what, but I think that to "love" everyone in the sense that the "indigos" refer to, would require you to be totally non-judgmental, and to have respect for all things, in order to be effective.

Naw, the whole instant bonding, loving babies right away is a myth that causes a lot of babies their lives unfortunately. Though that's an extreme case, a myth never the less.

That being said, I am not 'indigo' but I do spiritually love everyone and I can say that you can still be 'biased' and judgemental and love someone at the same time. Have you ever had a sibling walk in with a new love interest you didnt like or shoes that looked ridiculous? Any time you make a judgement doesn't mean you love them any less. i would never intentionally hurt anyone with my actions and I do love people but that's in a spiritual way.

That's why I qualified my statement about maternal love with (usually!) I am well aware that sadly, not all mothers love their babies.

I agree with the rest of what you're saying as I have said previously, it is a human trait to judge, but this is where I take the "indigo" movement to task, in that from the threads here and other information I have read, is they claim to be more evolved in terms of normal humans, and that allows them to love everyone, and that it's this love that will save the world! My argument has been that how can these so called evolved beings, who allegedly have no respect for anyone, be any better than the rest of us who just get on with our lives, doing the best we can to create a better world for all, like you say by not intentionally hurting others and loving them in a spiritual way?

I've yet to get a straight answer to my questions.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Well I have no idea what colour my aura is, but I am an "awakened" "aware" individual, but in no way, would I class myself as "indigo"

And what about my other question, "How does having this colour aura (when so many of the traits of people who apparently have this are as far from being evolved as you could get, i.e. being anti-social, having no respect etc) help to save the world and exactly how will these indigo aura people save the world?

Why not? If your aura is Indigo - why would you not say you are Indigo? Do you fear reprisal? Criticism? (FYI: It is not just the color - but the clarity of color)

Many people wear crosses to let people know they are *Christian. Should they not?

--------------------------------------------------

Your other question is assumption.

Your perception of being evolved is?

Save the world? You mean like collective thought as in organized religion? Haven't *Christians been "saving the world" for generations?

Again I simplify. Spiritual/Energy evolution -- not physical evolution. Imagine collective thought of an evolved energy consciousness.

*I use Christian because it is what I was assimilated into. Speaking from what I know.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
What is love?

Please explain to me what love is.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

reply to post by LGshine7007

I agree, I have a mother like that as well, but I think maternal love is (usually!) different in that women are often seemingly "hard-wired" to love their offspring, not matter what, but I think that to "love" everyone in the sense that the "indigos" refer to, would require you to be totally non-judgmental, and to have respect for all things, in order to be effective.

Naw, the whole instant bonding, loving babies right away is a myth that causes a lot of babies their lives unfortunately. Though that's an extreme case, a myth never the less.

That being said, I am not 'indigo' but I do spiritually love everyone and I can say that you can still be 'biased' and judgemental and love someone at the same time. Have you ever had a sibling walk in with a new love interest you didnt like or shoes that looked ridiculous? Any time you make a judgement doesn't mean you love them any less. i would never intentionally hurt anyone with my actions and I do love people but that's in a spiritual way.

That's why I qualified my statement about maternal love with (usually!) I am well aware that sadly, not all mothers love their babies.

I agree with the rest of what you're saying as I have said previously, it is a human trait to judge, but this is where I take the "indigo" movement to task, in that from the threads here and other information I have read, is they claim to be more evolved in terms of normal humans, and that allows them to love everyone, and that it's this love that will save the world! My argument has been that how can these so called evolved beings, who allegedly have no respect for anyone, be any better than the rest of us who just get on with our lives, doing the best we can to create a better world for all, like you say by not intentionally hurting others and loving them in a spiritual way?

I've yet to get a straight answer to my questions.

Indeed I had taken note of your usually, though that was what I was speaking of. There is no hardwire at all. Probably more of a learning experience-Maybe why parenting/baby books sell so well heheh.

I would take into account concerning people with Indigo and Crystal Auras is that they themselves never wrote the literature out there-It was popularized by those who were not so, perhaps people who hadn't even the ability to know for sure which aura colour the children had. How can we be sure that what happened was a far spreading fad with misleading information? What if those with crystal and Indigo auras are not self rightious at all? What if they do not disrespect people but do go all out to make a change? What if the books are wrong? Then we have websites and anyone can claim they are anything and write traits, right?

What I would suggest is that the Indigo fad is false, but that there are real people with spiritually evolved auras. Indigo is the psychic /third eye chakra while some say the very top /crown is white -I would call someone like Mother Teresa a crystal Aura if I ever could see one. She left her whole life to help people, made sacrifices, and didn't care what other people thought of it. She didn't do it for fame or ego and she loved the sick and diseased as her own. That is what a true spiritually evolved person is and that is an example of how someone can love everyone whole heartedly.

I do believe literature and sites are confusing the spiritual aspects with the parenting or lack of parenting going on these dayss- I see a lot of children having high rates of energy and nowhere to run or play, and no parents home to watch over them-fast food, fast life..etc..

I would say, there are spiritually evolved energies out there- but do we have to listen to the 'traits' given online??? naw

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   

I would call someone like Mother Teresa a crystal Aura if I ever could see one. She left her whole life to help people, made sacrifices, and didn't care what other people thought of it. She didn't do it for fame or ego and she loved the sick and diseased as her own. That is what a true spiritually evolved person is and that is an example of how someone can love everyone whole heartedly.

Not necessarily - - with no disrespect to Mother Teresa or all that she accomplished.

What she did is in the physical world. We can only assume why she did it. (Although I too believe it came from her heart)

In selflessness - are you connecting with the collective energy?

I try to keep this as simple as possible.

And YES - I agree with you about those promoting Indigo via books etc. I don't read that stuff.

Its kind of like "Old Money" & "New Money". Those who know who they are - just know. They don't need to herald it.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
The whole indigo movement to me is way too narcisstic. There is a level of narcissim involved in believing you are an indigo who is "solely" responsible for bringing change to the world or are "awakened" of the problems in the world.

We all have different auras and personality traits that can bring change to the world if everyone works together. This doesn't always work out because well sometimes you mix oil and water together. If you look at it this way, the whole idigo movement is a giant contradiction of itself because the people who believe they are "indigos" only accept they are evolved from a higher power, and they are responsible for bringing change to the world. They also promote union among the people of the world to join together to solve humanity's issues, well how are the people of the world suppost to commune together if the "indigo" people singled themselves out trying to make themselves special?

Humans have been trying to define themselves for centuries because it is part of the human condition to try to find something "special" about themselves. When in reality everyone is the same, and we are all put on this plant to LEARN! This is my opinion again and feel free to disagree.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

I would call someone like Mother Teresa a crystal Aura if I ever could see one. She left her whole life to help people, made sacrifices, and didn't care what other people thought of it. She didn't do it for fame or ego and she loved the sick and diseased as her own. That is what a true spiritually evolved person is and that is an example of how someone can love everyone whole heartedly.

Not necessarily - - with no disrespect to Mother Teresa or all that she accomplished.

What she did is in the physical world. We can only assume why she did it. (Although I too believe it came from her heart)

In selflessness - are you connecting with the collective energy?

I try to keep this as simple as possible.

And YES - I agree with you about those promoting Indigo via books etc. I don't read that stuff.

Its kind of like "Old Money" & "New Money". Those who know who they are - just know. They don't need to herald it.

Oh certainly we will never know for sure someone's motives, that is for the creator to decide what is within our hearts. I would find it hard to assume someone gave up so much for fame while fame has been accomplished easier staying out of a poverty struck coutry and while making lots of money, which she never did or never kept for herself. I don't think most people could do what she did, or would volunteer to for a life long commitment -I know I couldnt lol. Maybe for a few days or a week..but That would be sooo hard. But it is true-We never do know. Just as I believe there are homeless people on the streets and people misunderstood who may be very very spiritually evolved but can't help a fly. We never do know.

I bring her up as a suggestion to the poster who wondered if love can be to such a degree that it is for everyone...If anyone could be an example I would say it was Teresa.

I wouldn't say selflessness is the way to spirituality but giving up selfishness would be. Both are extremes everyone could live without.I do not know how anyone could live without thinking about themselves in some manner sometimes- You have to take care of yourself to take care of another. I think I consider spiritually evolved as connecting to something much higher then themselves, learning their life lessons, and understanding life and the Other Side. ...There are tons more explanations too. I don't really take to the theory of connecting all as one-like a blob of energy. I think the understanding that we are all already 'one'-connected bu seperate is my belief... but I am not working to get rid of my individuality-I think uniqueness and differences make everything wonderful and beautiful.

[edit on 8-4-2010 by Zerra]

[edit on 8-4-2010 by Zerra]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Zerra

Great post.

Actually I do think Mother Teresa was the real deal. Did you know she stopped believing in god near the end - because she did not believe god would allow such horrors and abandonment of those in need.

I could tell a great story about a banquet she spoke at - where she convinced them to give her the money - and let everyone eat brown bag lunches. She was a tough lady.

-------------------------------------------------

But there are people who live in such fear of god - - their selflessness can actually be quite selfish.

I think there are a lot of homeless that have more integrity & honest spiritual awareness in their little toe - - then those in their crystal palaces.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I think the understanding that we are all already 'one'-connected bu seperate is my belief... but I am not working to get rid of my individuality-I think uniqueness and differences make everything wonderful and beautiful.

"Ripples in the same pond"

Each does its own thing - but is connected to the whole - therefore affecting the whole.

Consider every thought an action. Whether you physically act on it doesn't matter - - the thought energy wave is sent out. You are responsible. You must first be responsible for yourself.

Teachers don't become teachers without doing the work on themselves first.

Yeah - - 60+ years ago - born connecting to other dimensions - - having OBEs every night - etc. There was no one to talk to. Had to figure it all out myself.

Wish I'd had access to discussions like this as I grew up.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

indigo is just a group of letters - a word. separation does not exist in a word. it exists in the mind.

the word indigo is not the problem. there are many words out there that the mind uses to create separation. black. mexican. rich. gay. female. republican. indigo in this case.

you can label somebody black or rich or gay for example and have it be 100% true. it is the mind that takes this word or label and turns it into something that separates us. it tricks us into believing that there is something different or better or worse about being black or rich or gay or female. or indigo in this case.

it is the mind that creates the separation. not the concept or the word...

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   

reply to post by Zerra

Great post.

Actually I do think Mother Teresa was the real deal. Did you know she stopped believing in god near the end - because she did not believe god would allow such horrors and abandonment of those in need.

I could tell a great story about a banquet she spoke at - where she convinced them to give her the money - and let everyone eat brown bag lunches. She was a tough lady.

-------------------------------------------------

But there are people who live in such fear of god - - their selflessness can actually be quite selfish.

I think there are a lot of homeless that have more integrity & honest spiritual awareness in their little toe - - then those in their crystal palaces.

I had read about her doubts
I know she is of the Christian faith (I'm not of any religion myself) but I think this doubt is so so normal and even Christ himself asked God why he had foresaken him. You know how they say that you can't be brave if you're not scared? I think somehow it goes with this in another sort of way...Like, if you had no struggles at all and you thought there was definitely a reward and it was all fun and grand- what would your work mean ??? Nothing probably....
If you struggled and doubted then you must have really had a true good heart to follow through.

Though I think she was human -haha well we know she was- Those private letters of her doubts may have been her way to vent. I think people may do the same thing with diaries -write when they are scared or mad or emotional and come too later on to their true feelings. It is interesting.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   

I think the understanding that we are all already 'one'-connected bu seperate is my belief... but I am not working to get rid of my individuality-I think uniqueness and differences make everything wonderful and beautiful.

"Ripples in the same pond"

Each does its own thing - but is connected to the whole - therefore affecting the whole.

Consider every thought an action. Whether you physically act on it doesn't matter - - the thought energy wave is sent out. You are responsible. You must first be responsible for yourself.

Teachers don't become teachers without doing the work on themselves first.

Yeah - - 60+ years ago - born connecting to other dimensions - - having OBEs every night - etc. There was no one to talk to. Had to figure it all out myself.

Wish I'd had access to discussions like this as I grew up.

I Agree. I had nobody either. Though my family was supportive.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

My mom had visions - premonitions - saw dead people - saw auras - etc. Belonged to a discussion group in Santa Monica discussing UFOs etc - - back in the 50s.

But she never once mentioned it to me as I was growing up and struggling with fitting into this world. I still feel like I walk between 2 worlds.

I think I was in my mid 40s before we ever had a discussion. I don't know why she didn't talk to me - - she could tell I was struggling.

One of those weird unexplainable things I guess.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   

My mom had visions - premonitions - saw dead people - saw auras - etc. Belonged to a discussion group in Santa Monica discussing UFOs etc - - back in the 50s.

But she never once mentioned it to me as I was growing up and struggling with fitting into this world. I still feel like I walk between 2 worlds.

I think I was in my mid 40s before we ever had a discussion. I don't know why she didn't talk to me - - she could tell I was struggling.

One of those weird unexplainable things I guess.

Yeah, that is unfortunate. Maybe she was embarrased of it. I found out my great grandmother who lived in England (I'm in Canada) read tea leaves and had seances but at the time nobody spoke to her of it lol. I think it scared people.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Zerra

I know we're getting into personal - and off topic - so I'll just end our little tête-à-tête with.

Yes - her mother who lived with us was a devout Catholic.

My son-in-law is from Kelowna.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Zerra

I know we're getting into personal - and off topic - so I'll just end our little tête-à-tête with.

Yes - her mother who lived with us was a devout Catholic.

My son-in-law is from Kelowna.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
i have met a lot of "aware" people -- some were ADHD but most of them were CALM and peaceful, serene..

none of them 'claimed' to be indigo, or star children, or crystal children -- but if somebody were to give them a name, such as indigo, i would be able to agree with them b/c these people thought and operated on a whole different level than the 'average joe' on the planet (not being into image/status, materialsm, this consumer-slave-culture)

people who say that we are all the same.. really? the physical side: maybe. but there is so much that cannot be proved or examined by science: the subjective experience sentients such as astral projecting.

and we all have our own experiences which mold us into who we are.

unique.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I think the OP made a typo in the thread title. It should read:

"Kill the whole indigo thing. It's CRAP......"

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join