It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This planet needs depopulation

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by LexTalionis
reply to post by kettlebellysmith

I dont think depopulation via murder is the key. But people should be licensed to breed. We should be making children at the same rate people are dying in order to keep the population steady. Also, why in those countries where you see babies born starving (you know those commercials where the babies are filthy and they have the flies on their faces) are these people still allowed to breed at such a rate? It is obvious their geographic location and level of technology does not dicate rampant breeding. How about instead of sending rice and water over there by the ton, we send condoms?

These people have children for entirely different reasons as those in the West. In (I'm guessing that you refer to war torn parts of Africa?) and other non western, democratised countries, there are no retirement plans, no social security benefits at all. Traditionally, parents and then children provide these through the ancient mechanism of extended family. Your proposals actually advocate destroying whole nations' rights to determine or perpetuate their cultural identity.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Are you serious? Depopulation! Come on dude, have you seen the results of China's two child policy? Newborn babies dead in the gutter, large wheelie bins full of aborted children outside back street clincs. Please read up on this subject.
www.worldnetdaily.com...

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Spooky Fox Mulder

we need to start with the prisons.If they have a life sentance change it to death.The prisons are full.We are to week when it comes to punishment.Kill them dont feed them.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Dear lord, if this is what the world is coming to. Where men think it is OK to kill his fellow man in order for him to have "more space" then please, for goodness sake take me now! I'm too young (26) and I honestly don't want to see what people who think like the OP have planned. Or at least, please let me die an honorable death before it's too late.

This world and it's narcissistic people have got me so ill I honestly can't stand it anymore. I had thought that after defeating Hitler, we would have learned from his flawed "superior Aryan race" philosophy. But no, here we are again discussing the same philosophy, the only thing that has changed is the excuse in order to execute it.

You people who support this idea sicken me, this world is starting to sicken me even more. It simply looks as if the world is just getting darker, bitter, meaner, more selfish, there is less respect or value for human life. If God is listening to me now, I pray he can help me either see the light, right the wrongs in this world, and if that won't happen because it's part of his plan, I hope he at least shows mercy and takes me from this world while I still have some dignity and honor left. The last thing I want is to leave this world as some slave dog being led to a gas chamber because the new Chip Hitler feels people are "cramping his style"

I tell you what, to everyone here who supports this idea. Why is it that you are all so eager to have everyone else be wiped out to "give you some room" but you yourselves aren't willing to make the ultimate sacrifice and off yourselves? Why does it ALWAYS have to be "Everyone else but me"? the complete and utter self-centered narcissism is so palpable, one can even "see it" seeping and foaming from your mouths as you type your plans for a "better tomorrow"

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I think the 'world' just needs to reduce their damage to the earth (organisms, enviroment, etc) til there is no damage at all. From there, every school should educate future generations about taking care of the earth. Rules and information need to be more strong and effective.

I do think the population high, but it just doesn't seem right to stop breeding. I want a child of my own one day and will definitely not allow anything to prevent that, unless we are talking about a very primitive / apocalyptic world where it is 'only' about survival, where the young will truly not survive. In that case there is no point in breeding if you can't keep up with that sort of world scenario. Now compare that to this present day. New generations do not get in the way. It is our living habits that do, our over consumption of resources. Instead of depopulating the world, we should limit and use our resources wisely and only when needed.

For me, it would be difficult to live a life without happiness. Life will lose meaning and what will the point? to keep surviving? Therefore having children, bringing life and color into this world, generates happiness/comfort, etc. I'm sure there are many others who would go mad without that kind of love. I know I would. If people have nothing to lose, nothing to live for, then what makes you think they would want to save the earth?

Just my opinion.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   
aint mr kirk out there, looking for new planets?????

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumpyjm
we need to start with the prisons.If they have a life sentance change it to death.The prisons are full.We are to week when it comes to punishment.Kill them dont feed them.

Dear People,

I do encourage you to read the original post - before drawing conclusions and screaming MURDER!!! MASS GENOCIDE!! OMG!!!

Nobody here suggests murder or mass genocide.

Please read the original post.

Peace,
Mulder

[edit on 1-6-2009 by Spooky Fox Mulder]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   
My vision of the future changes daily.

I envisioned an intelligent enlightened species living in high-tech futuristic cities flying hover cars and using fingerprint locks and voice commands for all electronics.

The daily news stories about another moron who drove his car through the front of a minimart killed the hover car idea. Hell we can't even drive on the street let alone fly cars.

Watch the movie Idiocracy and it will change what you think our future will be like.

The morons are having all the kids and the smart folks don't have time for children. The retards are reproducing faster than anyone else.

Then there are genius forums like this one.

First of all, this planet has more unused land than you can imagine. 67% of Utah alone is federal land no one can do anything with. If we needed to we can build desalination plants and skyscrapers along the coast lines. Chicken factories with residential towers surronding them will probably be the future. Japan has a floating international airport, what makes you think we will not have cities floating on the oceans.

But this is not the point.

The point is that you are not coming up with ideas to educate the masses and improve things. You want us all to stop having children because you think we are overcrowded. Is there still food on your shelves? Is there standing room only in your towns calssrooms? So many cars on the road you have to walk everywhere? This is our big problem? There are too many of us?

I think we are undereducated and you prove this. We have the most religious people on earth who think their god wants them to kill others and you're gonna convince them to stop having kids? They sell drugs and praise God at the same time. These people are not going to be convinced by anyone to stop having kids so you can feel better about the Earth.

How did the first Ice Age melt without us causing all this global warming? If the ice shelf reflects heat back into our atmosphere and warms the planet, does that not mean that when it is gone the planet will cool and it will re-freeze?

Stop listening to the morons and use some common sense. Stop having children is not going to solve all of our problems. Although we could use a few less idiots on the planet so pelase don't have any offspring. There are enough morons out there. Just read all the posts on this forum.

You guys have got to be kidding me with this crap!!!

How about some concrete ideas to improve things?

Come up with an idea to replace all the jobs lost when electric cars are the norm. When all those auto mechanics slowly start to go out of business.

What will happen to the economy when we introduce a generator that will reduce your power usage from the power company by 80%. When all those jobs are gone what will those folks do?

Wonder why we don't have these things yet?

Try to picture a future without the gas stations. What will all those employees do for jobs? This is why the Hydrogen fuel cell gets so much money from the oil companies.

The Hydrogen fuel cell car is 100% electric and the Hydrogen causes a chemical reaction to charge the battery. We finally get the electric car and they want us to continue to pay at the pump for gas to charge the battery. This is because the existing oil refineries can produce the Hydrogen.

Putting alternators on all 4 tires to charge the battery, solor panel hood and roof, wind turbines in the grill to charge hte battery would not keep us paying at the pump for gas.

Think of ways to improve education and power consumption. Find a way to improve healthcare without making us all broke and making the insurance companies richer.

Threads about not having anymore children and depopulation is a waste of time and energy.

Be productive. If one out of every 10 of you idiots would think about solutions instead of conspiracies we would all be better off.

Sorry I ranted it just seems this site has gone down hill fast!

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by whattheh

Be productive. If one out of every 10 of you idiots would think about solutions instead of conspiracies we would all be better off.

Oh, and you think that some let's say 30 billions more people who will abuse this planet, abuse nature and each other -- will be great?

Do yourself a favor and get your bottom off the ATS and unplug yourself from the computer and travel to India.

And to Africa.

And see for yourself.

See all those people who live under conditions that you won't even offer to a dog.

Not enough food.

Not enough water.

Not enough medicine.

Human life is being p*ssed on.

Children are being p*ssed on.

So, then if you will still consider that -- yaay! -- bringing some 30 billions more people will be great...

...well, no my dear friend.

That won't be great at all.

So all of you people here who shout OVERPOPULATION IS GREAT AND THERE IS ENOUGH PLACE FOR EVERYONE!!!!!! - please get your bottoms off the Net, unplug yourselves from the computers and travel to 3rd world countries.

See for yourselves.

And when you come back from your research, let me hear if you still think that overpopulation is so great as you claim it to be.

This is my final note on this subject.

Peace,
Mulder

[edit on 1-6-2009 by Spooky Fox Mulder]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I have to say that I agree with Mulder on this thread after doing the simple arithmatic.

It is a real problem and the mathematics of it are easy to see even over the next 70 years. They are as follows.

The population is said to stand currently at 6,783,421,727 and the growth of the population of the earth, per year, is said to be about 1% annually. (It's actually 0.883% but I rounded up). Now 1% of 6,783,421,7 is 67,834,217.3. If you multiply that figure by 70 (for 70 years), then the population in just one human lifetime at our current rate of growth is set to increase by 4,748,395,211.

(67,834,217.3 X 70 = 4,748,395,21).

That's an increase of over 4 billion people in just one lifetime.

The population in the next 100 years will be: 6,783,421,730 (just about doubled)

150 years it will be: 10,175,132,595

200 Years it will be: 13 566 843 460

See the pattern developing? The human race cannot continue to grow at even 1%.

But depopulation needn't come from simply killing off the people we have and I think this is the point Mulder is trying to make in a fashion that is designed to provoke thought before reaction (but is getting reaction before thought). There are means of simply stemming population growth to a lower figure than which it is now. Part of the problem comes from the apathy of today's youth in regards to schooling. Those kids who often skip school often skip sex education along with it and usually wind up having babies sooner than the person who did receive sex education. Herein mulder makes his point about there being 'too many idiots'. Too many under-educated people are procreating sooner because of lack of understanding of the process and reasons.

The best way to combat this is either sensibly or drastically, depending on whether sensible fails to work. Sensible would be mandatory sex education for everyone, regardless of whether they were in school with fixed penalties for those who fail to take the test (Let's face it, if the Tax Man can hunt you down a similar system for these sorts of tests would be just as effective at weeding out people failing to take the Sex Ed Exam). Another way would be to invoke Parental Licenses with fixed fees for the license. Making people pay for children is a sure-fire way to make sure that only the very serious of parents actually go through with it (bear in mind some people have children for financial reasons, or to cheat the financial system [in the uk where I live, younger people will often have children at around 16 simply to get a home for free from the council - this is a poor reason to have a child] ).

The drastic way would be mandatory chemically induced chastity until a given age alongside parental and sex education exams. Say...until the age of 21, since there's very little reason for people to be thinking about having children until this age anyway.

So the point Mulder is trying to make here is rather valid indeed if we look at the evidence presented before us. That if some sort of population growth control isn't implemented - and very very soon - we could find ourselves fighting for the spot we're stood on.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Question

Just the opposite, we are not coming to a point where man thinks it is alright to kill his fellow man for more space, we are evolving away from such a state, which is a big reason behind our massive population growth over the last few centuries.

In the past, when you neighbors infringed upon your hunting ground, you went to war, and fought to drive them away. The same was true for Kingdoms and Empires, and eventually nations. Only in the past few centuries has humanity decided it is not ok to kill your neighbor and take his land, property, and women.

People in third world nations aren't having children for economic purposes, not any more. They are having children because they don't have birth control. Some have have high birth rates because they want to out populate their neighbors, which is what is going on in Palestine and India. Those are areas where we should make sure that we do not send charity.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Colonization (of other planets) is out of the question. So there is no point in even mentioning it.
Also you are assuming that other planets are vacant.

Donkey Dean, we do not even have the technology today to dispose of our garbage and sewage.
Why do you think that it will somehow magically appear any time soon?

Why exactly should we continue to reproduce?
How will this make your life better?

Question, we have not said to kill anyone to make more space. Where do you see that written on this thread?
We are advocating reduction the population by lowering the birth rate.

The narcissistic people are the ones who think that they need to produce 6 or more children.
Why exactly do they think that they are so important that they need to produce so many replacements or even replace themselves at all?

Those of you who repeat the nonsense about all the unused land,,,,,,what are you thinking?
That we should pave it all over with housing developments and shopping centers?

Chicken farms? Chickens, hogs and cattle are already being raised in small areas where they live every moment of their lives shoulder to shoulder. Do you think this is the right way to do this?

Oh yes, we CAN build desal plantas. So why don’t we do this now instead of having water restrictions.
You don’t have water restrictions in your area? We have in Florida. It is once a week for lawn watering.
When the planet has double the population do you think we will be able to water our lawns at all?

Don’t you think that we should have all this high tech stuff in place before we increase the population?
In the meantime, wouldn’t it be wise to curb any massive increases?
About 80% of the people in the world are living in squalor
Do you think conditions will improve for them next year?
How about the year after? How about in 5 years? Maybe 10?
Who is going to do the improving for them?

Those high tech futuristic cities….. Do you really want to live like that? I don’t. Humans do have a love of Nature. They are not natural city dwellers.

You talk about education. Do you see this happening?
What makes you think that education will suddenly appear when there are 10 billion people on the planet?

You unlimited population growth advocates are a real crock.
You have the mentality of a cancer cell.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
We don't need depopulation, we just have to reduce the overall birthrate.

That does not necessarily MEAN deciding WHO reproduces, but WHEN they reproduce.

The easyest way to do THAT, is to segregate schools by Gender.

A boys school, and a girls school.

That way, you will have less overall interaction between the sexes until the point that they have been generally educated to be able to function sucessfully in society.

IF you increase the time from birth to reproduction, then the average rate of reproduction will lower.

It's not about KEEPING boys and girls from interacting either.

But about *NOT* FORCING them to interact while they should be learning.

No freedoms are restricted, just a general guidance where education is improved, less distractions ar introduced during education time, and school becomes less about socialization, and more about education.

Get it?

-Edrick

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spooky Fox Mulder

So, wake up people. "Eat, Survive and Reproduce" tactic won't help you against the NWO. You must be smarter than that.

Wont flame you, i'm tired

I will say this in response to that one line...

I'm a member of Mensa and I have 3 kids and counting, full ride scholarship for one... younger one is principals list every year, the 4 year old can read and do arithmetic already

large numbers of kids are only bad vs the nwo if they are all dumb

Me

I expect that if the NWO wins i'll have family on the board of directors...

if not

well... when the chaos comes a family full of advanced scientists wont be bad when novel ways of getting food present themselves

and if worse comes to worse...

I got me a posse of bright well armed loyalists

Can't see how this could be a BAD thing for me my future my friend...

I'll have all the kids I want, they just will made to learn how to read by age 3... everyone of them...

You pose this as needing to teach humanity to cope with the planet,

But seriously

all the useless eaters will die of old age eventually

we just have to start educating the kids and the problem will be solved without Depopulating anyone...

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   

I understand what you are saying, but I do not agree. I've considered the possibility before but came to a new realization.

We are simply another group ov animals on the planet. Why do we feel that we have a responsibility to "take care" ov it? It is simply a floating hunk ov rock. If we truly have too many people to sustain, then we will begin to die out and it will be over. It won't matter any more.

Apparently cows release a lot ov methane into the atmosphere, which is second only to carbon dioxide. That doesn't mean they should be depopulated, they are simply breathing... living.

If we happen to live in a way that is "bad" for the environment, then so be it. No other animal on the planet takes measures to try and protect the environment. Why should we? They simply live. If their actions happen to be bad for the environment, they should not be at fault. The fact that we have developed such technology means that we should use it, I think.

I doubt that we will be around for eternity, we will most likely die out at one point or another. We should live our lives to the fullest that we can do for ourselves. If you like the idea ov taking care ov the environment then go for it. Nothing is stopping you. I am merely challenging the idea that we have a responsibility to do so. If we had NO knowledge ov how our actions harm the environment, we would feel no need to protect it. Would that make us bad? We would simply be living our lives... Ignorant to the consequences ov our actions. It wouldn't make a difference one way or the other.

Hm... I hope that all makes sense. I'm very tired. Sometimes its hard for me to organize the thoughts I have.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

Very good point about encouraging people to start a family later in life Edrick.

My wife and I (married for twenty years), have only recently started our family, and we are now in our 40's.

We have two sons, and that's all we plan to have. Our oldest is 3.5 and our youngest is coming up to a year.

We waited until recently because we wanted to be good parents, concentrate on the children rather than resenting them for percieved losses associated with having a family. Loss of freedoms, not being able to travel on a whim, short of money etc etc.

We decided early on to wait. We didn't kow if we were going to be stable just on our own, let alone with kids to care for too!

I have to say, i'm really glad we got all the traveling, partying and bickering out of the way before we had the boys, now we concentrate 100% on their development, which of course, is the ideal.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Don't know how many times I have to say this, but the things you mention have nothing to do with over population and everything to do with greed and corruption. It would be exactly the same situation if there were only 100,000 people living in Africa. Sorry but Africa also happens to be one of the most richest continents on the planet, so shortage of food and water is not the problem, but greed, corruption and exploitation most definitely are.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
OK kindred, and just who do you think is going to end the greed, corruption and exploiation?

It has been going on since the beginning of time.

And now you think that the controllers are going to suddenly become generous, kind hearted, compassionate individuals.

When was the last time your government enacted laws that gave you more than a few crumbs our of the pie?

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by JonSchaffer57

I understand what you are saying, but I do not agree. I've considered the possibility before but came to a new realization.

We are simply another group ov animals on the planet.

Humans are not animals, humans are... an entirely different project. A project that went terribly wrong.

A project that will irrevocably cease to exist, if nothing will be done in the nearest future.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Please elaborate on this, because I thought the project went terribly wrong with their innate peacefulness and love for their children (good traits really) which meant they couldnt shake off the non-stop waves of renegade power loving rulers who insisted on enslaving them. So its kind of an et renegade problem too isnt it?

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join