It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This planet needs depopulation

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Humans should be eradicated because they are an invasive species.

I am not kidding. Where nature is concerned, humans destroy pretty much everything they touch.

Luckily, nature has ways of dealing with too many humans... drought, ice age, disease, human nature to kill each other/selves (which will increase along with the human population).

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Donkey_Dean

Just look what China did to babies born to families that had more than the allowed number of children. An injection of iodine to the child’s soft spot was used to kill it, the parents were then locked up.

In the 1990's, I attended a human rights teaching conference where one speaker had spent time in China investigating one child policy human rights abuses and reported that hospital porters who were tasked with 'disposing' of the bodies of these poor children, were paid more than the obstetricians as iodine does not always kill the child before birth and it is the job of the porter to incinerate the body, dead or alive.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Spooky Fox Mulder

The planet doesn't need depopulation. Humanity needs to (re)learn to consume less. I realize this, and there are time I look around myself and think that I'm consuming way too much.

The planet can supply, we can work smarter at it.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
One birth every.................................. 7 seconds
One death every.................................. 13 seconds
One international migrant (net) every............ 36 seconds
Net gain of one person every..................... 12 seconds

China leads in population with 19.87%
India is second with 17.16%
The USA is 3rd. with 4.52%

Overimmigration Caused 60% of U.S. Population Growth

Nevada has vastly populated over other states at 66.27% from 1990-2000. with Arizona in second at 30.98%

projected from 2000-2050

White population in the US goes from 81% too 72.1%
Black 12.7 too 14.6
Asian 3.8 too 8
Other races 2.5 too 5.3
Hispanic 12.6 too 24.4

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by slimpickens93
Humans should be eradicated because they are an invasive species.

I am not kidding. Where nature is concerned, humans destroy pretty much everything they touch.

Luckily, nature has ways of dealing with too many humans... drought, ice age, disease, human nature to kill each other/selves (which will increase along with the human population).

It happened before and it will happen again, it's inevitable. The only question is how and when.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Gorman, wars are planned events.
"In politics, nothing happens by accident. If it happens, you can bet it was planned that way." (President Franklin D. Roosevelt)
"The people will believe what the media tells them to believe" George Orwell

The general public is taught that history happens by accident. However, the upper echelons know that history is PLANNED.

Space punk, why should I sacrifice my pleasure in consuming what I wish to consume just so more people can live here?
Are you happy to sacrifice what pleasure you can find just to make room for more people?

Why exactly do we need more people on this planet?

What good will come from the addition of billions more people?

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

History is not planned. You cannot control all events. Though some things are, not all is. Please don't use your argument, it's basically as valid as creationism. Things "look" planned because they all happened as they did, yet look closer and research and you'll see just how random everything is.

In addition, cross cutting cleavages prevent wars and destruction. The more people you have, the more cross cutting cleavages exist. These stop deep divisions and thus prevent wars, famine, injustice, etc etc. By making many political sides through many people thinking in many diverse ways, people are forced to find middle grounds and thing in new ways. Fewer people makes fewer divisions, thus more deeper divisions and more death, decay, and destruction. These are basic things learned in highschool or college.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Whoever wants to solve overpopulation problem should start solving it with oneself - whatever the solution is. This is just basic common sense, unless you're a beast and want to test it on others first?

Originally posted by squiz
Don't worry if we continue to multiply like rabbits natural law will step in and take care of it for us. It won't be a choice it'll be a lesson, and nature shows no discrimination and no mercy.

I second this, especially the don't worry part.

If people do not evolve, involve enough, nature will do its thing. To me, it is silly to think that we humans are even capable of destroying our planet. Our planet has been exposed to far worse evils than us - whatever you do, good or bad, for earth, you directly do it for yourself and your own health & happiness.

I personally hope humans will involve enough in spiritual awareness so that optimal resource management can take place. Another option, is utter destruction, mayhem and hell on earth. But I'm aware that many people go for the second option without much thinking as it is an easier path that gave, well... some "results", in the past... then it could "work" again.

Whatever happens, I'm sure that we won't destroy life on our planet, and that we won't destroy ourselves - there might be a point where one may think that is about to happen, but it never will. Work on your well being, happiness, think positive and help your close ones, then you will have a better life - as for the whole race, it is 100% safe.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
In my opinion, I think religious extremists, communist dictators, and genocide are doing a pretty good job of depopulating the earth already, so I think this is sort of a non-issue. Just like any other species, we naturally kill eachother off through warfare, hunger, disease, etc. Our problem today is that we've allowed ourselves to expand to the brink so that plenty of people will be dying from war, hunger, and disease when we hit the tipping point anyway. I'm not trying to be insensistive here. I'm just saying, this is a natural process and trying to save every human life is really a foolish idea. It would be nice in some ways I suppose if nobody ever had to die, but death is part of life that I think we should all go through at some point, for the good of those who come after us.

Good luck convincing either Mormons or Catholics to become sterilized. If you're willing to go fight that war, I wish you the best of luck. Naturally, their population is going to increase as time goes on, and the population of sterilized people will naturally decrease through death, so like I said... good luck.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Isaac Tanner Madsen

Not all Catholics and not all Mormons have many kids. The statistics indicate that Catholic countries such as Italy are experiencing a population decline. Mormons and Catholics are singled out inorder to make people who want population control look less rascist ,but the bottom line is that when those who would cull the herd are through taking out token whites such as Mormons and Catholics; they will turn on the dark skinned people of the world. Sad really, the blood of Pharoes, Sufis, and Jewish patriarchs flows through the Ethiopians, but the hard hearted elites of the west think there are too many of Ethiopians.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by eradown

I hadn't really thought of it that way, but good point. Thankfully, I'm not interested in either increasing or decreasing the population by any means at this point. If I go crazy and start killing people though, I give you permission to destroy me though, especially if there seems to be a sort of racial pattern to it. I can also promise that I have all intentions of having a rather small family. I'm the third of six children and have witnesses just how much trouble that is for two parents to handle, and I want no part of it myself. 2 children would be enough for me. 4 at the most. Any more than that, and I think you'll most likely find me listed in the paper under the heading "Father commits suicide because of children." As of the moment, I'm still a virgin and not a sperm donor, so the possibility of me having any oppspring in this word at the moment is exacltly zero... unless somebody has managed to take a sample of my DNA and made a clone somewhere.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by calibanvov
One birth every.................................. 7 seconds
One death every.................................. 13 seconds
One international migrant (net) every............ 36 seconds
Net gain of one person every..................... 12 seconds

China leads in population with 19.87%
India is second with 17.16%
The USA is 3rd. with 4.52%

projected from 2000-2050

White population in the US goes from 81% too 72.1%
Black 12.7 too 14.6
Asian 3.8 too 8
Other races 2.5 too 5.3
Hispanic 12.6 too 24.4

First off, your statistics don't add up.

72.2+14.6+8+5.3+24.4=124.5% of the population, so unless this is supposed to account for an increase in population as well, these statistics are destroying your credibility. Just saying, please clarify and cite your sources.

Second, are your percentages for China, US, and India based on total population, or population per land area? Because I think that makes a big difference.

Third, is your net gain a World or US statistic?

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Isaac Tanner Madsen

OH oh pick me pick me! I know who knows the answers to these questions.... wolframalpha! I knew that site would come in handy for something, eventually.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Avarus

Hey! Well, I'd love to hear the answers!

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Hey, for a start!

What about we stop equating reproduction with self-validation? It seems that people are brought up on this earth to think of procreation as the sole purpose of their existence.
What about: Fertility does not make you more of a man or woman for a simple start hum?

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   
I'm not sure how relevant that was to the questions at hand, but sure. I'll take that for what it's worth. I don't see how that helps solve whatever supposed population problem we might be having though. Nor do I see how that's a real stigma in our society anymore. We seem to be more of a "size matters" society today. Just look at all the late night TV commercials for sugar pills that supposedly increase size and energy. No duh? I don't need a pill for that. If you're using it, of course the size is going to increase!
That's sort of the natural response. And, well, when you're doing it, you're naturally going to feel energized. All those sugar pills will do for you is give you more confidence if you're the ignorant fool buying them. And when it comes to sex, confidence can be a big thing.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
We simply need to do things better. Be more efficient with our resources and be more aware that we are building the world for future generations. We don't have only a responsibility for ourselves.

6 Billion, fine, that works. We can do that. However, another 6 Billion and we would be in serious trouble. I hate to break to people. But there's only so much Earth.

And building megalithic structures that can house millions of people in small areas, complete with shopping centers and offices, is just stupid.

We just gotta smarten up.

~Keeper

The idea of building to house lots of ppl with a small footprint in the
earth is to free up more land for farming, or for nature.

Most energy spent onshore is spent heating and cooling buildings.

This is dumb.

We know how to make buildings that require no heating or cooling,
and the insulation can just be small air bubble filled material in the walls
and ceilings.

Ppl at NASA made a leap in this direction with paint too.

Insulating paint

We know how to grow our own oil to run everything, stop sending
trillions to the middle east and we will keep our money in our economy
instead of crashing ours.

New bio fuel grows at 100,000 gal per acre per year

As for there being too many ppl on earth, you could take the entire
population of earth and put them in Texas and everyone gets 1,000 sq. ft.

Make it multi story and you can use quite a bit less.

As for the starving ppl, all you need is grass and rabbits.

Rabbits suffer from two diseases, and we have the cure for both,
but it would cause a population explosion among rabbits.

Australians have to control rabbit population by law

We waste too much, and we do not have worthy pursuits.

Sports, Religion, TV, and other BS are just empty crap.

We need a grass roots space program and get out into space.

Once out there, we will have plenty of room.

Solar, Wind, Geothermal, Jet Stream power, and Ocean Current power
are enough to power our world a million times over, but we make
only small moves in that direction because the ppl with the billions
make the decisions and they LOVE their fossil fuel money.

So we are gonna keep going this road til the sun burns out.

The corrupt ruin it for the rest of us.

[edit on 29-5-2009 by Ex_MislTech]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by SassyCat
Whoever wants to solve overpopulation problem should start solving it with oneself - whatever the solution is.

The solution is sterilization. I'm already sterilized.

Now, your turn.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Spooky Fox Mulder

I've already posted it a few times, now you answer. How can you depopulate without losing cross cutting cleavages and causing more deeper cleavages, and with that, more war and problems?

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_MislTech

I agree with your point on building to house a lot of people. However, your arguments for other points look like swiss cheese.

First, the argument for ethanol. Please take a look at this article by an environmentalist, this article about the Congressional analysis of Ethanol efficiency, and many more. I found these articles here. Feel free to check my sources.

Put the population of earth in Texas and everyone gets 1000 square feet, eh? Here's a question. Will all those people be on liveable land? Also, most homes are larger than 1000 sq feet. I'm not saying that you're suggesting this would solve the problem. My point is merely that it's simply an unfeasable solution to the problem. Texas would just become a giant shantytown, a group of enormous slums. I imagine about 50% of people in such a city would be involved in crime and the human raced wouldn't last very long. Not to mention, there would be no nature left in Texas.

Starving people? Well, I think the American analysis of who is starving and who is not is probably grossly exaggerating. After all, we're one of the fattest nations. Nineth on the list according to Forbes.

As for the rabbits? Well, at least around municipalities, they're certainly far below what their population levels naturally are anyhow, so a population explosion is in order anyhow.

Is far as waste or energy and time, I agree with you. We can make better use of our resources, but as far as religion and entertainment go, I highly disagree. They're not important to everyone, but without them, society would fall apart.

A grass roots movement for space travel? Have fun with that, but if you make any strides in that effort, I expect to see a lot of crashed "space ships" in the future, a great number of law suits, dead bodies, and so forth. Just saying, it's everyone's dream to build a space ship, but how many of us are qualified? Certainly not me.

Going this road til the sun burns out? Well, we'll be long gone before the sun is. And that's an absolute guarantee.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join