It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adamski UFO film found

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
reply to post by Haunebu

Yet you present the Russian wormhole interpretation...

Yes! I've read the diary and have to say that I wasn't convinced. It is just a tiny fragment of the entire issue. The hollow earth or wormhole theory don't depend on Byrd alone, there are a lot of other things that suggests that there is some truth in it. Just google or Wiki the word "Thule".

Ultima Thule in medieval geographies may also denote any distant place located beyond the "borders of the known world."

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

There is no chance Byrd mistook something like aurora australis or that it is simply disinfo from the us military ? I mean, there are many scientific and army bases on the south pole today and nothing has been reported. I remember reading a thread where J.Lear talked about US military shipping in (C-130 airlift) vast amount of equipment to the antarctica a few years back, something to do with a telescope, around 2006 if i remember correct.

Comparison size, this continent is huge but permament population is zero so its a perfect hiding spot if you like.
Antarctica 5.4 million-square-mile area
Australia 2.97 million-square-mile area

[edit on 2009/5/26 by reugen]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   

***snip***

This is the odd thing about Adamski.

nobody knows if he is telling the truth or not. Nobody has ever been able to de-bunk anything he has said, any of his photos or films.

Surely you are joking?

Adamski has been debunked in total.

It is REALLY scary that so many people are ready to put their reputation on the line trying to defend Adamskis junk.

Second most scary bit is those who blindly believe what is said in the clips and on all those sites that use Adamskis work as proff of aliens.

(Humming theme melodi from Twilight Zone.)

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by HolgerTheDane

Please disprove the footage given at the start of this thread, than we'll continue this conversation.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien
reply to post by purehughness

George Adamski is one of the biggest historic figures in the history of Ufology.
His pictures and books have been talked about all over the globe.

A lot of his claims have been met with ridicule whilst others completely believe him.

en.wikipedia.org...

Nearly every book on UFO's has either mentioned him or used his photo's.

Nobody has yet been able to disprove any of his claims or the photo's.

[edit on 24-5-2009 by Extralien]

Just to give you guys an impression of how big Adamski was in his days take a look at this clip and enjoy!

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by purehughness

Those pics are great!! A UFO with a MG42 attached to the bottom.
That made my day

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Haunebu

Please disprove the footage given at the start of this thread, than we'll continue this conversation.

Please disprove that George Adamski did not often call my father and relate to him what a bunch of suckers he thought Americans were for swallowing even his wildest fantasies and believing footage of electrical appliances and any junk he could assemble were intergalactic aircraft.

Mike

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Haunebu
reply to post by HolgerTheDane

Happily I don't have to debunk Adamski. It has been done on many occasions by people who are closer to his era. Even some of his followers have admitted fraudulant acts committed by Adamski.
(I know - links - links - links. But I'm not giving any).

If you don't look at the "evidence" with critical eyes you will lean on "expert's opinions". And then you have to consider what it is those experts are saying.

As an example:
In the footage it is mentioned that the film has been examined under an electron microscope. What the h*** will that tell anyone about the object dangling in front of the camera lens? It magnifies so much as to be of no real use.
It is merely mentioned as an argument that laymen will have difficulty in dismissing.
And of course the true believer will have no wish to dismiss it. It will be used again and again as "proof". Even if it isn't.

What I do remember is that I and a group of people investigated some of his pictures in the early days (back in the late seventies).
We suspected foul play.
Same pictures were investigated by me and friends when we aquired computers and graphical software. We could apply different effects and filters and on a few pictures there was a clear indication of a thin string holding the objects.

Of course - no digital picture now obtainable can be trusted because just as easily as we could "find" the string/thread - just as easily it can be removed and only the doctored pictures are now available online.

We often read that NASA and governments are photoshopping all their pictures so we can't find the truth.
I put it to you that the exact same thing is done by believers and people who don't believe, but who have commercial interests invested in protecting the hoaxes.

It is a shame that The Freedom Of Information act doesn't allow us to investigate the so called experts and their claims.

[edit on 26.5.2009 by HolgerTheDane]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Hi zorg,
I've seen this pic before. The babe seems consistent with a 50s 60s chick, honestly not seeing a Venusian there, lol. Nice eye candy though

Has this woman ever been identified?

As for this princess here... well, she can channel my thoughts all she wants

[edit on 26/5/09 by Majorion]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

reply to post by purehughness Are the pictures on that site supposed to be real?

Not sure at all. Some may be, some may be entirely fabricated. I was just using them to draw a comparison and to highlight similarities between these separate, but well known cases.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by HolgerTheDane

I don't have to debunk Adamski. It has been done on many occasions by people who are closer to his era. Even some of his followers have admitted fraudulant acts committed by Adamski.

[...]

If you don't look at the "evidence" with critical eyes you will lean on "expert's opinions". And then you have to consider what it is those experts are saying.

[...]

Of course - no digital picture now obtainable can be trusted because just as easily as we could "find" the string/thread - just as easily it can be removed and only the doctored pictures are now available online.

We often read that NASA and governments are photoshopping all their pictures so we can't find the truth.
I put it to you that the exact same thing is done by believers and people who don't believe, but who have commercial interests invested in protecting the hoaxes.

It is a shame that The Freedom Of Information act doesn't allow us to investigate the so called experts and their claims.

After looking at so many UFO cases it's pretty evident the career fraud artists don't have great difficulty finding a stumblebum engineer, physicist, psychiatrist who for not much more than a case of beer is willing to attest to the authenticity of a bad picture of a household item held up with piano wire.

Some are so willing to suspend their critical faculties they consider this kind of stuff proof of visitations from otherworldly intelligences.

As with the Mormon religion based on the claim of Joseph Smith that an angel named Moroni showed him the location of a gold-plated book with the history of an otherwise unknown ancient America, this becomes an issue of faith rather than scientific investigation. Only a dozen friends of Smith ever said they saw this book, which mysteriously disappeared. But 3 and a half million people today follow a religion where this is the basic tenet.

I don't think any of us would like to be accused of child molestation or murder and have some of the experts we've seen provide evidence for the prosecution in a court trial.

There's evidence and then there's credible evidence. The two aren't always the same, often not.

Mike

[edit on 26-5-2009 by mmiichael]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Haunebu

The part in that post that linked to the 1944 NY Times article is misleading.

The article mentions silver spheres - much closer to the typical "foo fighters" reported by Allied and German pilots alike. Nothing like the Nazi discs described elsewhere.

Two points to add to the general thread.

1. There appears to be no real evidence that a breakthrough was made by German engineers of the WWII period in the field of anti gravity. If a disc was flown it is logical it was based on a reverse engineered find. German engineers were leaders in chemical rocket technology - hence their usefulness to the US.

2. To me at least it seems perfectly believable that there is some truth to Adamski's story and that the video in question could be genuine. Sure, there could be a whole heap of fabricated nonsense but a guy has to make a living. Once a celebrity then all bets are off anyway. I doubt I'll believe much of what will be written in Britney Spears biography but that won't ever take away the fact she did have a couple of hits.

By the same token also if you believe everything negative that was written about Adamski then he must have had a hell of a range of talents, I mean he beat Spielberg and Lucas to it by decades just to name one.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majorionhonestly not seeing a Venusian there, lol. Nice eye candy though

Well for you to be able to see a Venusian you would first have to know what a Venusian looked like... otherwise you would not have any comparison..

Another option is they are all Aryan chicks zipping around in Hannebu style saucers and saying they are from Venus...

The problem is even if indeed they were from Venus as claimed, because they look like us we wouldn't believe it anyway as we automatically expect beings from any other planet to be completely different from us...

But what if more than one planet had common ancestors somewhere in the past?

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Yeah, it's certainly possible. Don't get me wrong, I think Pegasus has demonstrated that there is alot more going on in our own solar system than we our privy to know. We just need that smoking-gun zorg!

Another option is they are all Aryan chicks zipping around in Hannebu style saucers and saying they are from Venus...

That sounds much more plausible to me. And it wasn't just Menger who says he met Venusians, the odd thing is Adamski as well. A connection perhaps.

As always, thanks for the great posts.

[edit on 27/5/09 by Majorion]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by chunder

I find the article in the New York Times not misleading. The terms "Flying Saucer" or "UFO" weren't in the dictionary at that time. Also would a antigravity device create a sphere-like "forcefield" just like the Earth's magnetic field. And how would you define "semi-translucent Objects" in the Sky?

I must agree that there is almost no real evidence, just circumstantial, just like there is no confirmed evidence of aliens and their crafts.

But...

There is just too much that speaks in favour of the "Flugscheiben".
There are many aspects that suggests so and it is a very logical successor in terms of Technology during that time in Germany.

For the outside world and for the perception of most of you, Hitler was a very harsh Dictator whom ruled with an Iron Fist and the Germans were like slaves and only learned how to hate and kill. Just like in the US Propaganda Movie from 1943 in the Post you replied to and like this cartoon:

But...

I have now seen the famous German leader and also something of the great change he has effected. "Whatever one may think of his methods - and they are certainly not those of a parliamentary country, there can be no doubt that he has achieved a marvelous transformation in the spirit of the people, in their attitude towards each other, and in their social and economic outlook. He rightly claimed at Nuremberg that in four years his movement had made a new Germany. It is not the Germany of the first decade that followed the war - broken, dejected and bowed down with a sense of apprehension and impotence. It is now full of hope and confidence, and of a renewed sense of determination to lead its own life without interference from any influence outside its own frontiers. There is for the first time since the war a general sense of security. The people are more cheerful. There is a greater sense of general gaiety of spirit throughout the land. It is a happier Germany. I saw it everywhere, and Englishmen I met during my trip and who knew Germany well were very impressed with the change. One man has accomplished this miracle. He is a born leader of men. A magnetic and dynamic personality with a single-minded purpose, as resolute will and a dauntless heart. He is not merely in name but in fact the national Leader.

David Lloyd George, Daily Express, September 17. 1936

The Nazis were also concerned about the Environment and Nature and their Technology was Superior. The combustion engine is a good example, if you familiar with it you should know that the technology hasn't changed, the DB605 Engine is an excellent example, have a look at the specifications of it:
en.wikipedia.org...
It had an overhead camshaft, 4 valves per cylinder, stuff that has been presented to us as new in the past 15 years.
Just like the flying Wing or B2 Bomber, which was based on the design of a Horten:
en.wikipedia.org...

If the war would have lasted a little longer, Germany would have won, but because the flying discs were in an experimental stage they were (almost) not able to use them in combat.
Sometimes I wonder how the World would have looked like if they had won and their "Building for Eternity" would have continued...

[edit on 27-5-2009 by Haunebu]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   

we automatically expect beings from any other planet to be completely different from us...

It all depended on the medium.

Pulp mags and comic books, with artists given free rein to draw imaginatively at no extra cost, you would have gigantic or petite, multi-eyed, multi-limbed grotesque extraterrestrials. Ergo Little Green Men from Mars. Extra eyes and limbs optional.

When you get to film and television, with their acting and budget considerations, unless the intent was to create a scary monster, aliens were usually people in futuristic or skimpy costumes. Maybe a pointed ear or antenna for a dash of exoticism. Think the 50s classic DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL, FORBIDDEN PLANET, grade Z flicks with planets ruled by queens who looked like strippers.

Then we get to TV with MY FAVOURITE MARTIAN, SPOCK, MORK AND MINDY, et al.

VENUS with the love goddess name association generated lots of blonde babes in brass brassieres.

Alien's ain't what they used to be.

Mike

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Personally, I think there was a lot more going on in the Adamski case then people realise. I've looked at the case over the years and there are more eyewitnesses then people think and some accounts are just bizarre. I also don't buy into that Nazi UFO myth/crap. It's highly unlikely the Germans could have produced anti-gravity machines. Those "Haunebu" schematics are just fakes based on Adamski's photographs, and conspiracy theorists run with it.

As I said there were more witnesses then people think. 'The desert landing' was witnessed by 6 people, Alice Wells, Lucy McGinnis, Alfred&Betty Bailey, George&Betty Hunt Williamson, all of whom signed an affadavit. I'm no expert in American law but is there a penalty for signing a (deliberate) false affadavit?
In this thread I saw a (debunking) piece that the people who witnessed the desert landing didn't see anything and that later on in time this was the official explanation. This is bull. Here's what Lucy McGinnis had to say on the event during an interview in 1979;

"Here came this great big ship that looked like a dirigible. And George said, quick, get me up there. I want to go and set up the telescope. So I drove him and Al Bailey up to where he said we should go. I kept looking out of the car and that ship turned and just followed us. And he said, here stop! So I stopped, and he got out, and that dirigible stopped - quite a ways away. I couldn't very well judge how far away it was. And he set up the telescope. And after he got everything set up, he said, Now you go back."
"My attention was attracted by a flash in the sky and almost instantly a beautifull small craft appeared to be drifting through a saddle between two of the mountain peaks and settling silently into one of the coves about half a mile from me. It did not lower itself entirely below the crest, while the upper, or dome section, remained above the crest and in full sight of the rest of my party who were back there watching. Yet it was in such a position that I could see the entire ship"
"You couldn't see very much detail that far away, they were far away enough to look like fenceposts. But they stood talking to each other, and we saw them turn and go back to the ship. Now I didn't see (Orthon) get into the ship. And when it left, it was just like a bubble or kind of like bright light that lifted up. Then George went out on the highway and he motioned for us to come out. He told us that he got too close and his arm had caught in the radiation from the craft. And he suffered from that quite for a while.... You could see where the two of them had walked on the ground. There's no question about that at all."

www.youtube.com...
In the link above you can find a segment where Madeline Rodeffer claims that 1965 Silver Spring footage is in fact genuine. There are supporting statements like that in the Adamski case.

If Adamski was such a fraud, then why are there dozens of people that support some of his claims?

[edit on 27-5-2009 by TerraX]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majorionhonestly not seeing a Venusian there, lol. Nice eye candy though

Well for you to be able to see a Venusian you would first have to know what a Venusian looked like... otherwise you would not have any comparison..

The problem is even if indeed they were from Venus as claimed, because they look like us we wouldn't believe it anyway as we automatically expect beings from any other planet to be completely different from us...

True. Although, the Aryan Extraterrestrials seem to consist of rather few chicks and mostly males, for some reason.
Many are tall and atlethic, while others -such as described by Adamski- are described as extremely androgyne; "He had long, wavy blond hair and the beauty of his form surpassed anything I had ever seen".

The idea that several different planets and Worlds have common ancestors is not a new one. In fact, it is ancient, and also indeed seem plausible. That is also the apparent case described by the Sumerians, among others, if you read "between the lines" of theirs.

By the way, the Hopi-Indians believed themselves to be direct descendants from the Pleiadians, and many other cultures speaks of bloodlinages and ties with people from other planets.

History is indeed fascinating.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I think it should be remembered that all this Nazi UFO stuff "came to light" only after the Adamski story. So rather than Adamski seeing a supposedly Nazi UFO, it's probably much more likely that some inventive hoaxers took the Adamski ball and ran with it. They reverse engineered a history of Nazi UFOs to further glorify the wonderful Nazis and their superhuman genius, for obvious reasons.

Think about it. The Nazis were fanatical about documenting practically everything they did, from concentration camps to wonder weapons. That's one of the reasons it was so easy to convict them of war crimes. They documented everything. So why is it that the only available "evidence" of Nazi UFOs are a few blurry photos that look like cardboard cut-outs, and some stray sketches of saucers that may or may not be original and could have been fabricated at any time? Really? We have photos and drawings of everything else.

Sorry. Even by the standards of the day, Adamski's images are generally lousy (particularly the "mother ship" images), and the best ones show obviously small models.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join