It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof that Jesus and all Religions are False

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Wow seems to be some disappearing posts around here, why all the censorship? I read the original OP and could not see anything wrong with it.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Neon Haze

The flaw here is the fact that the English term "Christian" is far younger than the religion of Christianity.

Another flaw would be that Jesus didn't have the name Christ, it was merely a title added later.

Yet another flaw is the fact that virtually every continent has some kind of Jesus-like figure which, to me at least, only strengthens my belief in such a figure. What you are doing here is proving to me that more than just one group of people developed the same thing independently, or at least slightly linked. If multiple groups developed the same vision of God and how he works, I can only grow deeper in my faith knowing that even as people die and the past is forgotten, for some mysterious way, the view of God remains the same in many people.

So thank you for strengthening my faith none the less.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neon Haze

The similarities between the Christian character and the Indian messiah are many. Indeed, Massey finds over 100 similarities between the Hindu and Christian saviors, and Graves, who includes the various noncanonical gospels in his analysis, lists over 300 likenesses. It should be noted that a common earlier English spelling of Krishna was "Christna," which reveals its relation to '"Christ." It should also be noted that, like the Jewish godman, many people have believed in a historical, carnalized Krishna.

Krishna was born of the Virgin Devaki ("Divine One")
His father was a carpenter.
His birth was attended by angels, wise men and shepherds, and he was presented with gold, frankincense and myrrh.
He was persecuted by a tyrant who ordered the slaughter of thousands of infants.
He was of royal descent.
He was baptized in the River Ganges.
He worked miracles and wonders.
He raised the dead and healed lepers, the deaf and the blind.
Krishna used parables to teach the people about charity and love.
"He lived poor and he loved the poor."

www.sanfords.net...

Edit: Restored the OP.

[edit on 24-5-2009 by intrepid]

So on Good friday we should all eat curry?

Imperialists always send scouts to confuse before they send in the armies.

Hindus and muslims and jews would no doubt love us to have no faith.

Without faith we might believe all manner of idiotic rants.

Imagine this the rich are rich and the poor are poor because of past sins.

OOH those angelic rich masters of ours.

Aaagh those bad poor people.

Hindus have the most revolting class(caste) system imaginable.

A cow is sacred but a human being is worthless if not of the correct karma.

Hell loves the winners and heaven loves the winners, such is the Hindu hate agenda?

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by 5thElement

I have feeling that most of the criticism will be focus around Horus part.

Jesus lovers like to debunk that part, lol.

The Debunkers have been well and truly debunked themselves. Every point has been thoroughly examined and Massey's claims, plus Acharya's, Ahmed Osman's, Kuhn's and many others confirmed with solid evidence.

For example one religious debunker tried to claim that there was never any 'Isis-Meri' in Egyptian texts and engravings. The debunker of the debunker came up with a video of an Egyptologist pointing to an ancient inscriptions which clearly reads ISIS-MERI and to push the point this was repeated three or four times. Being able to read the glyphs myself, I could see that the stone does read ISIS-MERI.

But I have personally checked some twenty other false claims by the religious fundies and it soon became clear that they were telling lies without checking facts out for themselves, whatsoever and not at all.

The fact is that there is not one shred of evidence for a real live living Jesus and on top of that the early Christians were the Gnostics of Alexandria and they only ever believed in the old Egyptian IOSA/JESUS as a Spirit God.

If there had been a miracle man who drew thousands from around Judaea and Galilee you can be sure that there would have been some record. But there is Zilch, not even a hint.

Nor did Nazareth exist in those days, which is what Empress Helena found when she searched the district circa 400CE. Whoever wrote that lie had to have been living some two or three centuries later.

Anyone interested should visit wheresjesus.multiply.com... where there are ongoing discussions on many critical facts, such as the Centurion of Capernaum. A claim has been made that there was a Roman Garrison there in gospel days, and it was manned by a Centurion. This smells highly of a tourist lure, and one member has contacted the Israeli Ministry of Foreign Affairs to see what evidence they have. The story is quite impossible for the Centurion was said to have built a Synagogue in Capernaum and he wouldn't have lasted ten minutes in a land which was so hostile - more so than Coalition forces have faced in Iraq today.

We have gone much further in our investigations than Massey or Osman, Ellis, Bushby or Ian Vayro and have discovered some really poignant and amazing facts concerning the origins of the Bible in Egypt - see - wheresjesus.multiply.com...:journal:1200&replies_read=25.

Christianity is the greatest Scam and Hoax perpetrated on mankind and it hasn't been a pleasant one - nearly two thousand years of killing and torture. The Churches have accumulated and continue to gather in their tithes and taxpayers money to an extent where some simple people have lost everything including their homes.

As for the love of Jesus - just read Luke 14:26 and the horrors of the Bible God who tells some parents that they shall eat the flesh of their sons and daughters. Any other book with the horrors of the Bible would have been banned from the word go. Correction - the Bible was banned for more than a millennium and a half. The Amersham Martyrs were burned at the stake for printing the bible in English and no lay person was allowed to own a bible until about 200 years ago. That should tell you something.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

The flaw here is the fact that the English term "Christian" is far younger than the religion of Christianity.

Another flaw would be that Jesus didn't have the name Christ, it was merely a title added later.

Yet another flaw is the fact that virtually every continent has some kind of Jesus-like figure which, to me at least, only strengthens my belief in such a figure. What you are doing here is proving to me that more than just one group of people developed the same thing independently, or at least slightly linked. If multiple groups developed the same vision of God and how he works, I can only grow deeper in my faith knowing that even as people die and the past is forgotten, for some mysterious way, the view of God remains the same in many people.

So thank you for strengthening my faith none the less.

I do believe that there is some higher entity or intelligence that guides us, but it is not the horrific Bible God.

The word Christ comes from this very same word appearing on the lids of Egyptian Coffins - KHRST. It means 'BURIED'. The mummy was wrapped in swaddling bandages and then ANNOINTED with embalming fluids. In time people just thought that it meant 'Annointed'.

The old Egyptian name of IOSA is still used in the Gaelic language - you can check this out for yourself in 'Read many versions of the Bible on-line'. It means 'Coming Son'. (Iw = Coming, Sah = Son).

People who have gone through an NDE often report a figure of light that takes them to the Hall of Judgement - where the recently departed is shown his/her life and asked questions about it. In otherwords you judge yourself. Christians see this figure as Jesus, Muslims see it as Gabriel and Buddhists, the Buddha.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Zeitgeist, how spectacular!
True enough, the story has been a mere hendrence for the longest time, and in itsself seems perverted on too many levels.
It makes one wonder however, whom did this story ACTUALLY come from?

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Malankhkare

By the simple law of natural selection there cannot be two or more supreme powers or entities. Any kind of multiples would have ended because the more logical and simplest being would survive, if it happened that way.

Also, Christ comes from Greek. Egyptian influence was kind of dead at the time of Jesus. Rome was the formal influential source. Greek culture was a part of roman culture because many Greek slaves were teachers, preserving their culture. Also, many Greeks were in the Palestinian region. The Egyptians were nothing more than a section of the empire, it's strength long gone.

also, the God of the bible is dependent upon the writer. If you actually read it, the view of God changes per book, as the author changes. Also take into affect that it was oral for a while, and subject to interpretation to the oral rememberer. To take a piece from Islam, all the Judaic religions are from God, but subject to corruption. it is man's nature to corrupt. Why on Earth would you expect a good view of God from generals and warriors during a time of civil decay and civil war? Meanwhile, stroll down to Jesus, and all of the sudden there's a lot fewer words like in Leviticus. You can even see the viewpoints of each disciple in their workings. Paul, for example, was a rich roman. Higher ups in Roman society were often king-like, abusive to women, and owned slaves, and basically a life opposite to what Jesus called for. So what to we find in Paul's work? just that. But not in the poor men of the disciples.

This is how you study religion. You can't just take it by word. Man corrupts all.

Also, zeitgeist is a pile o flies wrapped in personal viewpoints, packaged in stupidity.

[edit on 28-5-2009 by Gorman91]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malankhkare
The fact is that there is not one shred of evidence for a real live living Jesus

Are you just pretending that the non-biblical sources don't exist???

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Ridhya

The origin of Christmas is Pagan-yeah so.
Everyone knows that and Christianity integrated it into their religion.
The origin of the US constitution came from the Greeks Athenium
democracy among others and these ideas about freedom were integrated into this document.
When someone has a good idea you can integrate it into your life.
You don't have to be ashamed or declare war.
When I am talking about Christmas, i am talking about the celebration
of the birth of Christ as a holiday. The origin of the word holiday comes
from holy day and secular people integrate this word into their lives.

Please learn about integrating good ideas into your life.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by adigregorio
I have told you and many others, I can NOT be saved.

Well bully for you!!

Just a thought from my readings in the bible. You would have to be a baptized member of the "Church" or "Body of Christ" for that law to apply to you. For the most part sin committed in ignorance is not held against the sinner unless it is a physical sin in which the person would suffer the physical aliments associated with the sin.

So actually you most likely can be saved, because only a really stupid person that actually believed and was baptized (called by God) and then cursed God out of hatred would fall into that category. And I say stupid, because if you went so far as to be truly baptized and have the hands of the faithful laid upon you then you would understand the ramifications of backing out.

But hey believe what you want and make up your own Christianity, it seems that most "Christians" do...

[edit on 29-5-2009 by clcreek]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I would like to beg the question, why does it matter if Krishna and Christ were melded historical figures? Both came to point humanity in the right direction and raise our consciousness to a more enlightened level. The old fashioned view of God as a judgemental , meglomaniacal, jealous being are way out of touch with modern enlightened thinking. Read Neale Donald Walsch’s ‘Conversations with God’ trilogy. It changes your entire way of thinking about religion, God and the reason why we exist. We are all one. We are that We are.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Electricneo

The origin of Christmas is Pagan-yeah so.
Everyone knows that and Christianity integrated it into their religion.
The origin of the US constitution came from the Greeks Athenium
democracy among others and these ideas about freedom were integrated into this document.
When someone has a good idea you can integrate it into your life.
You don't have to be ashamed or declare war.
When I am talking about Christmas, i am talking about the celebration
of the birth of Christ as a holiday. The origin of the word holiday comes
from holy day and secular people integrate this word into their lives.

Please learn about integrating good ideas into your life.

Before making such comments you should read what the bible says about such things.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ridhya

Are you referring to Christianity? Because Christmas has NOTHING to do with Christianity. It stems from a Scandinavian holiday called Jul, and is a celebration of the winter solstice. The idea is to bring a tree into thy home (become closer to nature), light torches to have light when the sun disappears (modern day Christmas lights), give gifts of good tidings to friends, drink mead around the fire, where do you think mistletoe came from? Jesus? Its all PAGAN!! get your facts straight, if you're not pagan stop celebrating Christmas

Nothing like drinking mead around the fire... good mead has the power to change ones religion...

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   
It said that he got gold at his birth but yet he lived poor. Was gold worth only 2 cents back then because if he got as much at his birth s they say, he should be able to buy anything.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by jon1
I admire the time that you have put into your post, but it will mean nothing to christians because when you ask Jesus into your life, he lets you know that he is there.
So no matter what figures or other supposed Gods that you come up with, it will fall on deaf ears i'm afraid.
You have done a good job of giving none believers some more ammo though and as you can see by the replies, not many christians about.
Nice work with the figures though, it shows that you are in a minority when it comes to believing in God, i wonder why that is?

"he lets you know that he is there"....

Really?

What does he do?

Burst into the room and announce himself?

Probably he would make sure you were looked after... or maybe that poor innocent children weren't slaughtered in a war that wasn't their doing? People wouldn't be born with afflictions and there wouldn't be this perverted distribution of wealth that causes so many innocents to suffer.

I'd have to agree with the late, great, George Carlin...

If there is a God he's not doing a very good job.

More murders and acts of war are carried out in the name of religion than anything else.

Frankly, it should be ashamed of itself. Or the followers maybe.

People should just be good, nice, people and not involve works of fiction and mythology...

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Electricneo

Actually there is no mention of democracy in the constitution.

The US was never meant to be a democracy, the founding fathers were completely against that idea.

Probably best to do your research.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by clcreek

Originally posted by adigregorio
I have told you and many others, I can NOT be saved.

...You would have to be a baptized member of the "Church" or "Body of Christ" for that law to apply to you.

Well, I will assume you are un-familiar with my person so:

I was born into a Roman Catholic family (baptized), I migrated to Christianity around the age of 10. At 14 I found the Mormons (baptized again), after that it was Athiest. Around 19-21 I 'found' Jesus again, that lasted for a few years but maturity caused me to start questioning 'things'. Well we all know what happens when you question Christianity, it boils down to faith. (I need more than that from a 'god'.) So here I am at Agnostic (28 now).

So actually you most likely can be saved, because only a really stupid person that actually believed and was baptized (called by God) and then cursed God out of hatred would fall into that category. And I say stupid, because if you went so far as to be truly baptized and have the hands of the faithful laid upon you then you would understand the ramifications of backing out.

Well I guess I am a 'really stupid person' (Isn't that judging others?)

I had the hands of many a faithful laid upon me, for more than baptizing. Roman Catholics can be a bit strict, at least the ones I have been around. The Moromons were all about touching. I felt all of the 'magic' feelings, the 'holy spirit' all that jazz. But I know how the brain works, I know that all of those things were just electro-chemical reactions occuring inside my head, not somwhere in heaven.

But hey believe what you want and make up your own Christianity, it seems that most "Christians" do...

Yes, and unless you stone disobediant teenagers, and a plethora of other 'regulations' then you are the same as 'they' (PS That was judging again.) You even changed the definition of Sin to fit your understanding of the bible, so you 'made up your own' Chrisitianity. (I could be mistaken, but I have a totally different understanding on what sin is)

--TOPIC

That's right, a whole post I responded to that was trying to 'save me' and it was not deleted from the board. I guess this thread is about saving us sinners.

I notice that you Pro-Jesusers are avoiding my thread like the plauge. I know why, because it is a 'nice discussion'. And I use 'reputable' sources, like your own Bible and JC sites. That's okay, I understand.

I would care to hear some opions on that 22 point scale though. Since all of the other gods mentioned in here have fit that pattern. Seems to me that the pattern is real, and the gods are just carbon copies of whatever one came first. (Probably was just the sun.)

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23 >>

join