It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof that Jesus and all Religions are False

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daniem

Originally posted by network dude
And for me the collest thing about my God is that even if you don't believe in him, he still loves you.

AHH but LOVE means eternal torture in hell, for sinning and not believing. Your sick.
How is that love?

Well the truth is your ignorant. The bible does not support this notion of eternal torture in hell for sinners. It is not a Christian concept, even though many proclaiming Christian churches preach it. That concept is a twisting of the scriptures and is simply not true.

All you have to do is read the bible to know that alot of the crap taught in churches is simply not in the bible.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Mayan origin can be explained from the Bible and they even claim their race was founded by what the Bible calls "Nephilim." Even NASA knows they are accurate thousands of years down the line. That's pretty good knowledge. The Book of Enoch mentions Enoch's journey with the fallen angels. See what people don't get who claim fallen angels and angels are aliens is that Enoch did not know of the deception. He was taught correctly and saw what he saw, but the bad ones were the ones who taught him. Which is explained in the text also. Interestingly enough that Book correlates to Revelations vision of the Second Coming. He was seeing the future and the end before the flood. He was also taken on a journey by the evil angels.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Mmmmm......Thought you said you had proof?

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I had a very strange thought about the existance of Dinosaurs, I know this is abit off the subject. Just a possible theory

Those of you who have read the Book of Enoch know about how the Nephilim came to be, by the mating of Angels and the daughters of men.

The passages go on to say that that what were born to them were great giants who pillaged the land and seems to indicate our food sources at the time couldn't sustain them so they started possibly eating humans and devestaing any food source we had. It also goes on to say that these Nephilim were defiling themselves with the birds or the air, beast of the field and fish of the sea. God became enraged when he saw the tainting of the species. Of course later Noah who is the great grandson of Enoch was called to be part of the rebirth of the world for this reason and others maybe, he and his family may have made up a small remenant of a pure-blood human race that had not cause abomniation through out the land.

So the question is this could this giant race of Nephilim born from the merger of Angels and Humans, go on themselves to defile or mate with animals, fish and birds and create a giant race of bird, beast, and fish such as our Dinosaurs. Then God called Noah and his family, which may have been some the last remenants of pure unaltered pure-blood human dna who worshipped god. He may have also asked Noah to take aboard on the boat he was to build 2 of every kind of species, because this may have not been an easy task either. If the animal kindom had been defiled God would have tried to seek only the humans and animals of original descent who were untainted, so that he could destroy the earth and all of the abominations on it with the Flood. Then life could start anew

So is it possible that the Dinosaurs that were destroyed may have been the result of the Nephilim defiling themselves with the animal kindom? and is it also possible that since the Nephilim are themselves the result of Eternal DNA so to say of Angles and that of Mortal humans that only the flesh of the Nephilim was destroyed but there spirits or eternal selves live on still trapped here on earth ....and is it possible that these are the things we refer to when we say Demon?

Just and odd theory that hit me and I had never heard it discussed or mentioned as a possibility before ....

Any thoughts?

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Yes indeed your observations of the Nephilim stand pretty accurate. Yes they(demons) are the disembodied spirits of the Nephilim. God allowed a remnant of them to remain like this until judgment to test humans. However Nephilim are the offspring of the fallen angels and not necessarily all are giants.

We would more commonly know these today as extra-terrestrials.

Satan is often called "the prince of the power of the air" and there are many references to these fallen angels. Just look at Ezekiel he was describing them in reference to the creatures, and not all Seraphim are bad either.

EDIT: Why does the belief in God make atheists think that God is cruel?

Because Satan is the god of this world, but with all the UFO activity in recent years that will soon be over. Same thing with rods. They are all just fallen angels up to their old tricks (unless they simply must travel in these because they fell?)

[edit on 5/26/2009 by watchtheashes]

[edit on 5/26/2009 by watchtheashes]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by watchtheashes

From my reading it seems that the Angels that mated with humans were not fallen Angels until they had had done this abomidable thing, before that they were simply known as a collection of powerful and wise Angle like beings who were called Watchers. These Watchers also went on to show mankind all types of secrets like the fusion of metals into alloy, herbology, making of weapons and astrology ....things like that. It was these things they did wrong that made them fallen or unforgiving in God's eyes. They Watchers asked Enoch to ask God to forgive them but he wouldn't and they were cast down.

Thats just what i gathered, i may be off some I'm just going by the text.

But i guess my real premise was whether or not Dinosoars could be the result of the Nephilim mating or defiling themselves with bird, beasts and fish as the texts describe....and this tainted the pure Dna or the human and animal kingdoms with there debauchery and thus caused the need for God to Authorize the Flood and to separate again a pure-blood race or species of both animal and human to repopulate the earth......

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by clcreek

Actually Hell is a belief held by many religions whether that hell is burning forever or coming back as a frog or parasite instead of ascending. Some look at this earth and the things we go through now as Hell.

As far as the Christian concept Jesus speaks many times on Hell and uses parables that tell of its nature. I also have to imagine that when Hell is described by Jesus as a place of weeping and nashing of teeth that is probably isn't meant to be pleasant. But Hell is also described as a place that is absent from Gods presence and light and a place of hopelessness.

I think complete and utter hopelessness could be as bad or worse than burning. Think about it no matter what our human situations we always can hold on to a glimmer of hope. It is the same thing that keeps a prisoner going is the idea that one day they may see freedom or may possibly escape, their situation may change. In the absence of God there is complete lack of hope and the knowledge that it was your choices that landed you there.

That sounds not so good to me even without the burning fire ect...

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mike73173

websters =lie- false statrment made w/ DELIBERATE intent to decieve.

contradiction-direct opposition between things compared.
inconsistency.

consider as you like but a contradiction is not a lie.

what you might want to consider is keeping someone
around who can slap you really hard. lol

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Good information. According to my knowledge there are also other revered characters or gods that fit the same description as Christ. They are mentioned in the movie "Religulous" with Bill Maher. It is highly worth watching and I would definitely recommend it. For those of you on my side of thinking that religion is a fantasy, lie, disease and such, you will enjoy the movie.

Otherwise all the religious rest might be somewhat offended. But what better way to establish truth than to question it and debate it from all sides?

S&F.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Why can't we just take a book of stories and use it as sort of a moral guide to help us be a kinder more loving race?

I don't believe Adam and Eve were made within 7 days along with the earth. I do believe in the greed and want of humanity.

Take the lessons from the book, don't take it literally.

Think of how wonderful the world would be right now if everyone took that advice......

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TheEndofEvolution

Yes it would be nice but unfortunately people seem to not be capable of just taking the stories as good impressionable literature. They think it is their God given right to decrypt its riddled messages and with their tainted translation religion is born.

Besides we don't need these stories to learn how to live decently and treat others. Human instinct is somewhat powerful in this regards but alas, there will always be some guy claiming to have the answers. He will have followers and they will try to convert others to "their" truth.

Agreed it would be nice though.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat
I coulda proven all that a little easier.

It's all down to EXPERIENCE. Honest. Be honest- How many times have you prayed to Jesus, or God, and got absolutely NOTHING? But bring this up to the churchies, and you'll get more reasons why than I have art doodles. "God has (insert any number of infinite reasons here) for the reason why you're (poor, lonely, miserable, diseased, whatever), and (insert about a billion reasons why) you're prayers aren't answered. Then, you may or may not get compared to Job- since he's the one who got slammed, supposedly. HOWEVER- the problem with that happy little story is a) NONE of us can match his mythical 'goodness', and second, the SOB was rich, just like almost any other character in that book. He came out even richer! ANYONE who is poor or destitute, or alone is treated with pity, scorn, and left to their own devices, with no 'divine help' whatsoever. Oh, they get mentioned, and 'oh, poor them'. The rich? They are basically treated to more money, more power, and more, more, more, more. The only reason you have all that nonsense in the New Testament is for the poor to not have a hissy- and actually expect a 'reward' AFTER they are dead.

I have personally experienced this myself. I am lonely, poor, miserable, and by all rights, and against all odds, I SHOULDNT be. I got fed all the reasons, I got told all the fairy tales. The whole "loving God" thing is a pile of complete crap, in my opinion. "Loving" could have done only 2 small things in my life. 2 tiny things. Not money, not power, none of that- and I was failed Big Time. And then lied to nonstop by his fanatics.

And I'll be perfectly honest.... No 'reward' when I'm dead is worth what I have been put thru.

Since this thread is all over the place, why not.

I was raised in the Lutheran church, attended services twice a week for 17 years. I decided to stop attending when I had a choice to not attend; I think I stopped believing in that version of things well before that. Deep down I knew there was something much larger taking place than my religion.

You are right, there are a billion reasons they'll give you as to why God doesn't seem to hear the most pressing prayers out there, or step in forcefully to help with some situations. I say that you can't continually claim omnipotence and NEVER put on a show.

Was talking with my father, who is a very involved Christian. We were talking about heaven and he said it will be greater than anything I can imagine, and that I should think about how awesome it will be to talk to God about his creation and get all the answers.

Umm, no. That doesn't sound fun to me at all. I'd rather be in bed with my wife.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Yeah... I always said if Jesus were really a Jew then why does he have a Mexican name?

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by wylekat

How about *That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger*?

I forgot who said it but people love to believe that one.

Problem is they refuse to believe the same saying when it comes from a bible.

Blaming God is a cop out.

Just my opinion.

peace

From the other side of the fence:

One cannot blame God. Can't blame someone for doing absolutely nothing all the time. I would blame him for doing nothing, but to do so I would have to assume that his doing nothing is well outside of a previously-demonstrated habit of doing something.

I'll bend just a little and give him bonus points for consistency.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Remember even if Enoch saw what he saw and we have a book called after him, it does not mean it has to be in the Bible, its not a missing book but a personal account without God's intervention. The Bible is not about adding accounts outside his presence even if the devil speaks to you, lets say, God would not allow that in the makeup of his accounts maybe that is why Moses never added it, it had to be first hand witness with God present to have added value and consistancy, maybe that is why many books did not make it, it was not from God's power or Holyspirit.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

One piece of evidence is the claim of Tibetan Lama's that Jesus was their "Issa", and that he spent his "lost years" in their land, studying their faith.

There was a document supporting this, supposedly, that was burned by some group (Chinese? Vatican?). But even without this, the oral traditions are compelling enough (to me).

A claim is not a piece of evidence.

Not at all.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by clcreek
All you have to do is read the bible to know that alot of the crap taught in churches is simply not in the bible.

But don't most of these Churches have the name "Christ" in their title somewhere?

How does the average layman know whether or not his "Christ" Church is following the REAL teachings of "Christ". Hit and miss? Best guess? Gut feeling? Intuition? Crap shoot?

Oh, I know, wait for someone to tell you which one is the one true path. I like the one with the snakes. Is that the true path?

Eventually I will figure out how this whole "mine is right, yours is wrong" religion thing works.

Oh wait, it doesn't work. Never mind, let's go to the stoning,...

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   

man im done w/ you stud.but far as i can see your runnin around like some
decapitated chicken doin all kinds of paper flicken and mouse clicken
all to disprove the only thing on this earth that makes any sense.
just never forget what i told you to always remember, you know the tongue
and knee thing.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

websters =lie- false statrment made w/ DELIBERATE intent to decieve.

contradiction-direct opposition between things compared.
inconsistency.

consider as you like but a contradiction is not a lie.

what you might want to consider is keeping someone
around who can slap you really hard. lol

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Soulfear

Well the bible makes it clear that eternal life is a gift not a right. It also makes it clear that the dead know nothing, no one has actually gone to heaven except for Christ, that God can destroy your body and soul in hell.

So hell exists and the bible says that those that reject God will go there. It also says that once there you will die and your body and soul will be destroyed. In the book of revelations being thrown into hell is referred to as the second death.

Other religions may have concepts that involve eternal torture in a hell or reincarnation and people may want to (and do try to) bring those concepts into Christianity, but that doesn't make them Christian concepts and it makes the followers that accept these non biblical concepts non-Christian.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join