It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof that Jesus and all Religions are False

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Neon Haze

It seems the myth of Jesus and many of these saviors either relates back to Horus (being the oldest version as far as I know) or relates further back to another real person.

Of course - there is the likely fact that all these myths are simply a retelling of the Sun God astrological allegory. Where the 12 signs of the zodiac attend the Sun God (Christ, Horus etc) and the sun descends to its lowest point on Dec 22, staying there three days until beginning to rise again on Dec 25 (the birth date).

Whether this is allegorical myth, or indicative of a real person who lived before the times of Horus - it is fairly obvious that the later versions are simply re-telling of the prior history or myth. Christ etc did not physically exist - they simply are representatives of the older history or myth.

The Christian writings originated with the gnostic's - known to have roots in Egyptian mythology. Also - there seems to be a lack of historical accounts of the life of Jesus.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   
David Icke talked about these similiarities in religions all over the world in his book "The Biggest Secret", he finds many more in other religions not only Indian, fascinating read

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
The thing that no one here is getting is that Jesus was a man that existed. Why so quick to believe eyewitnesses of UFOs, but not so quick to think that maybe the ancient witnesses weren't lying? After all that would be against the whole premise. Therefore why write a book that says don't lie and then lie? Saying Jesus didn't exist is like saying the writers who saw him are lying. Which of course would go against what they stood for. Why is there always a need to debunk Jesus of all of them? These very words sum it all up:

Luke 21:17: "And ye shall be hated of all men for My name's sake."

He was right. Furthermore it was Jesus that spoke it therefore it must be true even to these days.

You guys just don't want to quit having sex before you're married and don't want to accept there is a reason the molecules that make up everything on this planet don't just come apart.

[edit on 5/27/2009 by watchtheashes]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by watchtheashes

Really?? You no one has been able to come up with 2 very small pieces of evidence to prove his existance.

Even you said I was unreasonable asking for them, I know it isn't 7+ requirements for proof (I guess that isn't unreasonable)

I call you out on your statement, could you please prove Jesus existed? All you have to do is provide an eye-witness account, and an official document. (We have both in regards to UFO's, so they ARE more 'real' than Jesus at this point.)

Lord Raglan expressly states that a HERO WILL NOT HAVE THOSE PIECES OF EVIDENCE. Until they are found Jesus, as the bible portrays him, is FICTION.

EDIT--
Oh, and I am a virgin.

[edit on 5/27/2009 by adigregorio]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
This is why I'm on here trying to warn everyone. Because all of you need proof of Jesus. Therefore when Maitreya comes and does his thing, and he gives you the proof you want you will undoubtedly follow him because he will be doing it in front of many people's eyes. There is a star in the sky that cannot be explained and the professionals are sworn to silence for the time being. That is part of the proof you will get that what I have been saying will come to pass one way or the other.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by Daniem

hello! to believe so much design has no designer well thats just ignorence.

Believing in something with 0 evidence (this evidence is personal, so the 0 can and will change from person to person.) is ignorance to me. Just because a supreme alpha male says it is 'the way' does not make it so.

but then to rather your beliefs over to some man made fairytale like evolution, where first you have to get past the most fantastic monumental
most stupendous hurdle of all religions ever dreamed up anywhere in the
cosmos or other dimension or hyperdimension in and/or between Heaven
n Hell and that is to believe there is even the slightest chance that everything has happened by chance. thats inexcuseble ignorense lol

I could say you are doing the same thing by denying all possiblity of evolution. Ignorance is refusal to learn, and that is what you just did.

Jesus loves me, this I know
For the Bible tells me so...

(I like to make sure that what I read is true, and it turns out not only does Jesus NOT love me, but also he may not even have existed!)

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by watchtheashes

I have told you and many others, I can NOT be saved.

Google "Unforgivible sin" I broke it, and Jesus told us not to TWICE!

You said earlier that when Jesus says something it "Has to be true", well guess what, he said "Blasphemy the holy spirit, and you are damned for eternity."

(PS, the Hero likes to make laws remember?)

Also, didn't Jesus tell Christians NOT to pray in the streets? Not to turn what he did into a religion? To respect others beliefs?

Seems that those need to be followed, just as well as his other sayings.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I don't ever recall praying in the streets or in public. Jesus even said pray in a secret place or you can offer a secret prayer any time of day. The reason some don't get answered is because there is a specific way to pray, specific things you can pray for but not for anything that makes contrast with the Law.

As a matter of fact when I have prayed not one has gone unanswered yet. Some took a few weeks but came through.

I wouldn't attend any denominational Church, simply the ones that claim to simply follow the teachings of the New and Old Testaments and understand the Kingdom of God as a literal future kingdom, rather than a metaphorical example.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchtheashes
I don't ever recall praying in the streets or in public...

What JC was saying was this: People who "pray in the streets" are show offs. A true person does not need to 'prove' they believe in 'God'. (Assuming JC existed and had a mouth to say these things)

----

I find it really funny, Hitler can go to heaven (Assuming he found Jesus) but I can't. I guess that is what I get for refusing to follow the status quo.

And again, those 2 pieces of proof are lacking. Just providing those would shut me up, and convince me that JC was the 'real deal'. But yet again they are missing, and shallow attempts at puzzle pieces are put in its place.

(Final note about prayers, why doesn't god ever heal amputees? EVER?)
(Another note: Notice my thread is still hiding, told you there was no defense. Unfortunatly, I fear that lack of responses might have to due with the harshness of athiests on this site rather than lack of skills. (Remember, I am agnostic!)

EDIT--After-thought

If your prayers are answered, why have you not asked to remove cancer or suffering? Or did you just pray for yourself?

Remeber prayer is this:

Asking God to make 1 + 1 2

[edit on 5/27/2009 by adigregorio]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   

The thing that no one here is getting is that Jesus was a man that existed. Why so quick to believe eyewitnesses of UFOs, but not so quick to think that maybe the ancient witnesses weren't lying?

Really? Are you telling me that a male, specific name "Jesus," and that there are witnesses that can confirm this? I think you are reaching, friend. If, operative word, if there was such a man, his name was not "Jesus." Maybe Yeshua bin Joseph, something like that. There are no witnesses to this. the earliest writings on "Jesus" was over 150 years after his "death."
And, it is quite easy to believe in something one can actually see, and I have actually seen one or two.

After all that would be against the whole premise. Therefore why write a book that says don't lie and then lie? Saying Jesus didn't exist is like saying the writers who saw him are lying. Which of course would go against what they stood for. Why is there always a need to debunk Jesus of all of them? These very words sum it all up:

Luke 21:17: "And ye shall be hated of all men for My name's sake."

He was right. Furthermore it was Jesus that spoke it therefore it must be true even to these days.

There it is again. Jesus spoke. You heard him, right? Just because the words in your book are in red letters doesn't mean Jesus actually said the words, does it now? And Jesus is not hated! Even us Pagans do not "hate" your idea of a deity, that is your business. To me, the man was a very wise man. He came down here to teach mankind how to live, and mankind perverted his teachings, and created a religious cult from it. If Jesus were here today, who do you think he would have the most issue with, the Pagans, the Muslims, or the Christians?

I know everyone needs something bigger than they are to believe in, but please don't take it to the extreme.

"That Scripture Might Be Fulfilled"

The earliest works on the Christian godman were simple documents designed for liturgical use. The figure of Jesus had no discernible features, no true biography – merely attributes befitting his messianic status, such as absolute assuredness and "authority" and the concomitant display of anger, irritation and pity of one who expects to be obeyed.

Each worthy tenet of a higher morality, every pithy statement of priestly wisdom, was coupled to the majestic name to give sanction and assurance of its heavenly origin.

"A cycle of lessons, or perhaps a manual for preachers, was drawn up for ecclesiastical usage, and it was upon this liturgical foundation that the Gospels were based." – Grant (Jesus, p180)

The compendium that resulted – ambiguous, inconsistent, improbable and impossible – though never intended as a "history", none the less masqueraded as such, underpinning the claims of the faith to a unique historical foundation.

But any attempt to reconstruct the timetable or itinerary of the "ministry" of the Christian saviour is doomed to failure because the gospels are both inadequate and contradictory. One moment Jesus is in the Decapolis, receiving word of the death of John the Baptist, the next he is in Phoenicia expelling demons. One moment Jesus is "transfiguring" on a mountain in Syria, the next he is pontificating in Samaria.

jesusneverexisted.com...

Historical Jesus FAQ
www.sullivan-county.com...

You guys just don't want to quit having sex before you're married and don't want to accept there is a reason the molecules that make up everything on this planet don't just come apart.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   

reply to post by Daniem

*yawn* hello new guy. (i'll handle this one guys)

hello! to believe so much design has no designer well thats just ignorence.

Yes it is! Finaly someone who gets it. Things are usually designed by natural laws, humans, abiotic factors etc.

to some man made fairytale like evolution

Change in the genetic material of a population of organisms from one generation to the next doesnt happen? the bible isnt man made? ignorance you said?

...there is even the slightest chance that everything has happened by chance. ignorense lol

*sigh* Everything you've posted has NOTHING to do with atheism. atheism just means lack of belief in god or gods. it doesnt mean you must believe in evolution or that EVERYTHING has just happened. (thats what YOU believe in case you didnt know. God poofed us into existance, remember)

The scientific theories we have are falsifiable and open for everyone to study. The scientists try to learn about YOUR gods reality. YOU hate your own gods creation so much that you DONT wanna learn about it, as you refuse to learn even the most BASIC science.

In stead you BELIEVE BLINDLY in stories from a man-written ancient book, when you could be out in your gods creation, learning about it.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Electricneo
However, don't be a hypocrite and celebrate Christmas though
that's embracing religion only when it's convenient and fun
-that's out for you dummies.
-no Christmas tree -no giving and receiving of presents-Christmas is
after all a religious holiday.
I love Christmas-it's a part of religion that I thoroughly embrace.
It's the best.

All you scrooges who give up on religion unless you give up on Christmas
all your ranting is meaningless.

Are you referring to Christianity? Because Christmas has NOTHING to do with Christianity. It stems from a Scandinavian holiday called Jul, and is a celebration of the winter solstice. The idea is to bring a tree into thy home (become closer to nature), light torches to have light when the sun disappears (modern day Christmas lights), give gifts of good tidings to friends, drink mead around the fire, where do you think mistletoe came from? Jesus? Its all PAGAN!! get your facts straight, if you're not pagan stop celebrating Christmas

Therefore when Maitreya comes and does his thing, and he gives you the proof you want you will undoubtedly follow him because he will be doing it in front of many people's eyes.

Who says we will follow anyone? People willing to follow Jesus are more likely to follow Maitreya than people who are skeptikal of events. I would be the first to stand side by side with maitreya debunking everything he claimed to do and ridiculing his claim of divinity

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Therefore when Maitreya comes and does his thing, and he gives you the proof you want you will undoubtedly follow him because he will be doing it in front of many people's eyes. There is a star in the sky that cannot be explained and the professionals are sworn to silence for the time being. That is part of the proof you will get that what I have been saying will come to pass one way or the other.

Religious sheep will be the ones doing the following. Those of us who have begun to take responsibility for our own lives and souls will likely be very adept at discerning truth from bull#.

Christians on the other hand will drop to their knees in prayer upon arrival of the first hologram. I look forward to this. The holographic image will inevitably be a caucasian male in his seventies with a full beard holding stone tablets. Anyone familiar with the true history of the era of Christ would break out laughing at this, but it will be accepted, completely and willingly by the blind beaten sheep. "The Rapture is upon us"

If Jesus appeared today in his actual dark-skinned form, he would be crucified yet again by his "tolerant" followers. That's the way we do things here in America,...boy.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I don't need any proof that God is real because I know. I refuse to believe that we just exist and that we are not a part of the grand design. I believe in a heaven and hell. Jesus is the Son of God and the savior of man. God cares about us sinning because sin is what seperates us from God. And ther is nothing worse than a child seperated from it's parent.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
That article was right to a certain degree but still wrong and misleading. Everything stated in that piece actually has its origin in ancient Babylon with Semiramis, Nimrod and Tammuz. All of those religions from India to Egypt are spinoffs of Semiramis, Tammuz and their many names. Christianity can be called a spinoff of the same but in fact it is the truth lost in the midst of knockoffs created only to deceive and confuse.

I am a true Believer and follower of the Way. I am also a prophet of the most high. We do things exactly as Yahushua and his disciples did while he walked the earth. We adhere to his original teachings and examples before they were infected with the pagan teachings and names of the Europeans. His name is not and never was Jesus. It is and always has been Yahushua (Yah is Salvation). In that name is incredible power and Satan has gone to great lengths to remove it from the tongues of men. BUT as scripture promised, the truth will be made known in the last days for those who seek it.

Satan is the master of lies, deception and fraud. He and his demons were well aware of the fact that the one true savior of the world would one day be on earth so he began to attempt to destroy the credibility of the true story of Mashiyach millennia before he even hit earth. This evidence is all over the Hebrew scriptures. So unbelievers like yourselves could breath a sigh of relief that makes it easy for you to deny the truth when you read information like this. But you are fooling nobody but yourselves believing lies. You and your soul will pay, not Believers. Satan is no joke and he wanted to make sure that he would have enough smoke screens to blind people to the truth. The ironic part of the whole piece is that you use this document to "prove" that Yahushua is fake when at the same time Elohim is using this story to validate that the story of Yahushua is truth. There is no other reason other than to cover up the truth that someone or something would go to this extent to discredit something. Satan and his demons are the only ones powerful and timeless enough to assure that this deception and confusion about Yahushua would survive the ages. Believers look at this information from the perspective of the glass being half full while unbelievers use this information to keep pushing their glasses to empty. The fool has said in his heart that there is no Elohim and he calls Elohim a liar when he states that Elohim did not send his only begotten son to earth to save mankind from eternal destruction and punishment. For this position an unbeliever's fate is inevitable.

Do not believe these lies because some things are true whether you believe them or not. One day sooner or later when you draw your last breath you will realize how terrible of a choice that was to reject that which was obvious.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Yes you are correct. Excellent post.

So much blood shed, so much torture, so much violent war all in the many names of "God".

People wake the fu*k up.

Read William Bramley's "The Gods of Eden".

ALL RELIGIONS WERE INVENTED TO CONTROL AND MANIPULATE MANKIND.

Starred and flagged.

Humanity's next great progression will not take place until all of mankind has eliminated the primitive (superstitious) religious mindset of "religion".

A spiritual being does not need the dogma of "religion".

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Ha people post this stuff all the time and their sources are always embellished or out an out lies

video.google.com...

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
It is almost certain that the Jesus of the NT is based (however loosley) on a real jewish figure that DID exist.
the chance of Jesus not existing is very very unlikely. He was most likely a jewish preacher who had some very interesting teachings that were very controversal and in my opinion quite irrelevant to today's society.

[edit on 27-5-2009 by SlayerRock]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join