It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The True Face of Iraq

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Actually we have found WMD'S in iraq. I can't stand people who think we should leave terrorists alone with nuclear weapons. There is a huge possibility of having another terrorist attack in AMERICA or anyone else. We want to prevent that. We are not war-mongerers either. The terrorists are.

link   

Originally posted by Zuzubar
Are you saying they are dying in vain?

Most assuredly so.

link   

You guys have to have respect for the troops in Iraq. I respect them for what they are doing. Are you saying they are dying in vain? They most certainly do not

I can tell you this...I support the troops, but I don't support the war. If this is hard to understand for you, well it doesn't surprise me. I can't find any good reason that we are at war, so yes they are dying for no GOOD reason...there IS A REASON, but it is part of a power-driven conquest of the Bush administration. Most soldiers who join honestly believe they will be helping the country, and defend against terrorists...they fell victim to all the propaganda and ploys used after 9/11 to get everyone hyped up against terrorists, and I know lots of people who want to "defend our country" when they really have no idea what they are doing over there. The soldiers have good intentions, they are just doing a job and think they are defending the country, it is the fault of those who send them over...at least for the most part.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Actually we have found WMD'S in iraq. I can't stand people who think we should leave terrorists alone with nuclear weapons. There is a huge possibility of having another terrorist attack in AMERICA or anyone else. We want to prevent that. We are not war-mongerers either. The terrorists are.

Excuse me? Since when did the "terrorists" have nuclear weapons, and since when have we found WMD in Iraq? Or do you just know something we all do not?

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 04:03 PM
link   
The news didn't make a big deal about it but it was rumored that WMD'S were found in Iraq. They even found pictures.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   
They were "found" or planted. Look, if Saddam really had WMDs, don't you think he would have used them on our troops rather than be left in ruin like he is now?

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by COOL HAND

Originally posted by Satyr
I know what he's saying. I wouldn't put myself in that position in the first place. I know exactly what would happen. No, I won't do something I'm ordered to, if I don't agree with it. Breaking the law is more honorable than going against your own principles. You don't agree?

In the military, so long as it is lawful, you have to obey an order that a superior gives you. In is in the oath of enlistment.

That is one of the main reasons why being in the military is not for everyone. Not everyone can follow orders.

Yep. It's definitely not for everyone. It's for drones who have no principles of their own, or don't mind being a hypocrite when they're ordered to do things that might go against them. It's the same with cops. Did you know that most cops have an IQ below 100? They don't want them to be too smart, otherwise they might not carry out drone tasks, or they might get bored with sitting in car all the time. Similarly, I have a theory on military personel. They too are mostly lacking in the intelligence department. You'd have to be to join, or maybe just have a really low opinion of yourself?

Yes (Master) SIR! I'll do anything you say SIR! Get down on my knees SIR?! OK! Flop like a fish SIR?! OK! Shoot them Iraqis? Yes SIR!

(No offense to ex-military troops. Most of the ex-military people I've talked to agree with me on this one. The military is chocked full of idiots.)

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
YOU'RE THE ONE WHO BROUGHT UP THE ISSUE OF TREATIES IN THE FIRST PLACE!

Look! What did I say?

You said that treaties can only exsist between nation states, I showed that is not the case.

You do this crap all the time and I don't know why you just don't make a thread to come after me like you want to.

If by "do this crap all the time," you mean refuting you. Then yes, I am guilty as charged. This would not be the case if you stopped posting false or misleading information.

I am not trying to come after you, just trying to deny ignorance here. Your statements scream for someone to rebutt them. In this case it was me who got to do the rebuttal.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   

The news didn't make a big deal about it but it was rumored that WMD'S were found in Iraq. They even found pictures.

Okay, so in other words, no. Thanks for clearing that up.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   

They were "found" or planted. Look, if Saddam really had WMDs, don't you think he would have used them on our troops rather than be left in ruin like he is now?

No you idiot. We put out the policy long before hostilities began.

If Iraq used WMDs on use then we would retaliate with nuclear weapons. That was all the way back during Desert Shield and the policy has remained in place since then. Saddam knew that a nuke could reach him no matter how deep the bunker (or spider hole) was.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   

You guys have to have respect for the troops in Iraq. I respect them for what they are doing. Are you saying they are dying in vain? They most certainly do not

Oh yes...that's exactly what I'm saying! Finally, you get it! Tell me, what would've happened if we didn't attack Iraq? Please take me down that slippery slope!
Might we have been attacked by aluminum tubes? Or empty chemical warheads that couldn't even reach us unless they were shipped or flown? That's all we've found, so far.
Man, I sure am glad we recovered those aluminum tubes. If we hadn't, who knows how many people might not have died.

link   
though, i don't generally agree with colonel on many issues, or the ideas of amerikan liberals for that matter.
i do believe that the amerikans have overstayed their welcome in iraq.
the longer they will stay, the worse the situation will get.
... and the more you'll hear about stories like this...

Staff Sgt. Camilo Mejia, a 28-year-old native of Nicaragua, turned himself in to military authorities at Hanscom Air Force Base, outside of Boston, on March 15, seeking conscientious objector status. He spent five months on the run after serving in Iraq from April 2003 until last October, when he came home on two-week�s leave and refused to return for redeployment October 16. Among his reasons for going AWOL, he said, were his witnessing of incidents in which Iraqi civilians were killed by US troops.

Mejia is one of about 7,500 troops who fail to return to their units each year from a force of about 1.4 million. There have been about 600 soldiers who have gone AWOL from obligations in Iraq in particular, but he is believed to be the first to give himself up. Hours before handing himself over, Mejia gave a press conference at the Peace Abbey in Sherborn, Massachusetts.

He issued a statement to the press, in which he declared:

�I�m saying no to war. I went to Iraq�I was an instrument of violence�and now I�ve decided to be an instrument for peace. My conscience�I could not continue to do the things that I was doing in Iraq. This war, I�m completely against it because it�s an oil-motivated war. I don�t think that any soldier who ever signed to be in the military, signed to go halfway across the world to invade and occupy a nation to take their oil or any other natural resource.... We were all lied to when we were told that we were looking for weapons of mass destruction or we were going to fight terrorism.�

www.wsws.org...

our counterparts of the iraqi communist party are grateful that the amerikans successfully removed saddam out of power, but it's time for the united nations to come into play.

what good is it to have a foreign policy to handle other nations' governments, when our government can't even manage its own problems?

link   
Satyr:

If the military wanted idiots that would blindly follow orders then they never would have attached the clause that allows them to disobey illegal orders. There would be no need for it as the people would be too stupid to question or disobey orders.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by COOL HAND

No you idiot. We put out the policy long before hostilities began.

If Iraq used WMDs on use then we would retaliate with nuclear weapons. That was all the way back during Desert Shield and the policy has remained in place since then. Saddam knew that a nuke could reach him no matter how deep the bunker (or spider hole) was.

Don't talk to me, moron. You just troll for a fight with me. If you want one, like I said, make a thread and call me out. If not, don't bother me. You detract form the topic of the threads whenever you post.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Regardless, it will take decades for the citizens to recover from all this,...theirs, and ours.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Don't talk to me, moron. You just troll for a fight with me. If you want one, like I said, make a thread and call me out. If not, don't bother me. You detract form the topic of the threads whenever you post.

I am not trolling for a fight.

As I have previously stated I am merely pointing out where you are wrong. If you cannot take the fact that you are wrong, then remove yourself from this thread and leave the people who want to discuss this topic alone.

BTW you are the one who is zeroing on me. I am trying to add to the discussion.

[Edited on 29/4/04 by COOL HAND]

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   
What did I say, member? Don't bother me. Go create another thread if you want to call me out.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   
The name-calling stops NOW

Got it??

-B.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Some unintelligent people can't handle the aspect of war. I think it is ignorant to believe Iraq has no weapons.

Now that my point has been made I can ask you this question. Do you really think Iraq would just hold on to their hidden weapons and not use them. Iraq will use them EVENTUALLY and that's why we have to disarm them

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Iraq will use them EVENTUALLY and that's why we have to disarm them

They have nothing in Iraq, but oil. If there is anything found it has been planted. Period

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join