It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

The True Face of Iraq

page: 5
0
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
"COOL HAND:" Well, to put the LIE to your words, I did a quick reseach on Google:


That doesn't answer my question. Show the treaty that we had with them that called for us to intercede on their behalf.

Then show me that we had international support in the area at the time. Without support in the area we would have been very limited in what we could do for them.

Instead of showing me that I am sure that you will cough up some biased piece of crap that comes from one of your left wing sources.




posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   
There doesn't need to be a treaty. In fact, you can't have a treaty with the Kurds because the Kurds aren't a nation state (Now, that is MY field of expertise). Treaties are made between and among nation-states. That doesn't suffice with the Kurds. Did we have a treaty with the Contras? Stop being so friggin silly.

Jus concede that I am right and the pain will go away.

[Edited on 29-4-2004 by Colonel]



posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
There doesn't need to be a treaty. In fact, you can't have a treaty with the Kurds because the Kurds aren't a nation state (Now, that is MY field of expertise). Treaties are made between and among nation-states. That doesn't suffice with the Kurds. Did we have a treaty with the Contras? Stop being so friggin silly.

Jus concede that I am right and the pain will go away.

[Edited on 29-4-2004 by Colonel]


Then how can we have treaties with Taiwan? We haven't recognized it as a soverign state yet.

If you can't come up with a treaty, then you should be able to come up with a direct quote from the President that said that we would use military force to ensure that the Kurds would not be harmed regardless of international support.



posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by COOL HAND
Then how can we have treaties with Taiwan? We haven't recognized it as a soverign state yet.

If you can't come up with a treaty, then you should be able to come up with a direct quote from the President that said that we would use military force to ensure that the Kurds would not be harmed regardless of international support.


Taiwan is a funny situation. It has all the attrributes of a nation state but is not recognized as such because of China. We deal with Taiwan through secondary intermediaries, I believe so as not to offend China.

I came up with an article that represetned the Kurdish interests and what was told to them by the Bush 1 Admin. I DID THE RESEARCH. If you want anymore, you do it until then, you can end this pain by just admitting I am right.

Furthermore, no president ever comes out and says that. Diplomacy wouldn't allow it. You're being silly again.


[Edited on 29-4-2004 by Colonel]



posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
Taiwan is a funny situation. It has all the attrributes of a nation state but is not recognized as such because of China. We deal with Taiwan through secondary intermediaries, I believe so as not to offend China.

Does that mean you recant your previous statement about treaties only exsisting between nation-states?

I came up with an artoice that represetned the Kurdish interests and what was told to them. I DID THE RESEARCH. If you want anymore, you do it until then, you can end this pain by just admitting I am right.

You showed an article that was full of heresay and not facts. Show me one with verifiable facts and I will stop pestering for one.

Furthermore, no president ever comes out and says that. Diplomacy wouldn't allow it. You're being silly again.

Bull, we said that for the Somali's, the Haitians, et al. Time to put up or shut up Colonel. If you can't back it up then stop preaching about it.

[Edited on 29-4-2004 by Colonel]


Enough with this, I have made you recant almost everything that you have said here for vairous reasons. Just give up and get back to the subject at hand. Aren't mods supposed to keep us on topic?



posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   
No, YOU haven't done #. You're just trying to end this to make the pain go away.

Here is the definition of treaty:

treaty ( P ) Pronunciation Key (trt)
n. pl. treaties

A formal agreement between two or more states, as in reference to terms of peace or trade.

AS I TOLD YOU BEFORE!

YOu have made me recant nothing. You just deal with the fact that I made you look like an ASS.

IF YOU WANT TO BE ON TOPIC, THEN FRIGGIN STAY ON TOPIC. IF YOU WANT TO PICK A FIGHT WITH ME, PLEASE CREATE A THREAD FOR IT AS I HAVE TOLD YOU OFTEN ENOUGH.


[Edited on 29-4-2004 by Colonel]



posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
No, haven't done #. You're just ryingto end this to make the pain go away.

Here is the definiation of treaty:

treaty ( P ) Pronunciation Key (trt)
n. pl. treaties

A formal agreement between two or more states, as in reference to terms of peace or trade.

AS I TOLD YOU BEFORE!

YOu have made me recant nothing. You just deal with the fact that I made you look like an ASS.


Okay, so now you admit that Taiwan is a state? Doesn't that force you to recant YOUR statement that treaties can only exsist between nation states. Those were your words, yet you acknowldged the fact that there are treaties that exsist between the US and Taiwan, which is not a recognized nation state.

I am trying to end this to make your pain go away.



posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by COOL HAND
Okay, so now you admit that Taiwan is a state? Doesn't that force you to recant YOUR statement that treaties can only exsist between nation states. Those were your words, yet you acknowldged the fact that there are treaties that exsist between the US and Taiwan, which is not a recognized nation state.

I am trying to end this to make your pain go away.



Oh, God, you are so friggin annoying. This friggin "gotcha" game is bull#. Taiwan is an issue. Ask the Taiwanese if they are a state and they will say yes. Ask the Chinese and they will say no with a gun behind it. However, its irrelevant to this discussion.

If you want to tall about Iraq then do so, if you want to create a thread to try to "get" me, then do so. But just stop being so DAMN ANNOYING.

Like some friggin kid.

[Edited on 29-4-2004 by Colonel]



posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
Oh, God, you are so friggin annoying. This friggin "gotcha" game is bull#. Taiwan is an issue. Ask the Taiwanese if they are a state and they will say yes. Ask the Chinese and they will say no with a gun behind it. However, its irrelevant to this discussion.

You are the one who brought up the legalities of treaties, not me.

If you want to tall about Iraq then do so, if you want to create a thread to try to "get" me, then do so. But just stop being so DAMN ANNOYING.

Like some friggin kid.

[Edited on 29-4-2004 by Colonel]


I am just pointing out things that you say. You are the ones who is tripping on his own words, not me.



posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by COOL HAND
Even if you do not like orders you do not agree with, do you still do them? In the military you do not have a choice, unless it involves breaking a law.

I know what he's saying. I wouldn't put myself in that position in the first place. I know exactly what would happen. No, I won't do something I'm ordered to, if I don't agree with it. Breaking the law is more honorable than going against your own principles. You don't agree?



posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Satyr
I know what he's saying. I wouldn't put myself in that position in the first place. I know exactly what would happen. No, I won't do something I'm ordered to, if I don't agree with it. Breaking the law is more honorable than going against your own principles. You don't agree?


In the military, so long as it is lawful, you have to obey an order that a superior gives you. In is in the oath of enlistment.

That is one of the main reasons why being in the military is not for everyone. Not everyone can follow orders.



posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by COOL HAND

Originally posted by Colonel
Oh, God, you are so friggin annoying. This friggin "gotcha" game is bull#. Taiwan is an issue. Ask the Taiwanese if they are a state and they will say yes. Ask the Chinese and they will say no with a gun behind it. However, its irrelevant to this discussion.

You are the one who brought up the legalities of treaties, not me.

If you want to tall about Iraq then do so, if you want to create a thread to try to "get" me, then do so. But just stop being so DAMN ANNOYING.

Like some friggin kid.

[Edited on 29-4-2004 by Colonel]


I am just pointing out things that you say. You are the ones who is tripping on his own words, not me.


YOU'RE THE ONE WHO BROUGHT UP THE ISSUE OF TREATIES IN THE FIRST PLACE!

Look! What did I say?

If you want to tall about Iraq then do so, if you want to create a thread to try to "get" me, then do so. But just stop being so DAMN ANNOYING.

You do this crap all the time and I don't know why you just don't make a thread to come after me like you want to.

[Edited on 29-4-2004 by Colonel]

[Edited on 29-4-2004 by Colonel]



posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   
wow some of the pictures are real interesting! I think these pictures are shown to demonstrate the iraqi war



posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Ashamed? No, you aren't ashamed that Hussein was a threat to us, you aren't ashamed that there are many more that want to destroy us, you are ashamed we defend ourselves.

Let me just point out that those pics weren't Afghanistan. Defending, you say? How so?


Originally posted by Illmatic67
The soldiers in Iraq don't give a damn about liberating Iraq. They don't give a damn about Bush either. All they care about is surviving.

This isn't even a war, it's just another one of America's world conquests.

I agree.

[Edited on 4-29-2004 by Satyr]



posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Satyr. Thanks for bringing us back.....



posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   
it was far worse during every previous war, like ww2 for example but look where germany and japan are now after it all.



posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
Satyr. Thanks for bringing us back.....


Are you ANTI american!? We are in Iraq to make the world a safer place. You need to watch the news more. I wish I could transfer you to Iraq. It is a dangerous place. We are fixing a problem. Remember WMDs?



posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
DAMN ANNOYING - Anyone who does not agree with the Kernal 100% and has the audacity to point out the flaws in the Kernal's rhetoric.



posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zuzubar
Are you ANTI american!? We are in Iraq to make the world a safer place. You need to watch the news more. I wish I could transfer you to Iraq. It is a dangerous place. We are fixing a problem. Remember WMDs?


Yea, hey, remember WMD's? What are those again, weapons of mass destruction? Yea, now I know why we went to war, because Iraq possessed weapons of mass destruction and was an imminent threat to the United States...right. Too bad over all this time we haven't found one damn weapon at all. And yea, we sure are making Iraq a safer place
The skirmishes, fighting, civil unrest, civilians being bombed, soldiers shooting and harassing innocent people...yea, their lives sure are a hell lot better, not to mention the hundreds of dead americans who gave their lives under the same belief that they were making the world a better place...it is a shame. Go ahead and call as many people as you want "anti american" or a "terrorist" who doesn't agree with your war-mongering ideas of world domination and killing anyone in your way...it's the cool thing to do now right?



posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   
You guys have to have respect for the troops in Iraq. I respect them for what they are doing. Are you saying they are dying in vain? They most certainly do not



new topics

top topics



 
0
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join