It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The True Face of Iraq

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   
We are still improving our country. I think there should be no more argument about AMERICA's wars. We have our reasons. Stop being hippies. We live in 2004. We are not safe. You gotta deny ignorance

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Satyr
You know, communists wanted to make the world a better place, too. I'm starting to see quite a similarity.
Maybe that's it, eh? I'm not anti-American, I'm anti-expansionist.

the soviets liberated many nations during its days... of course the amerikans had to be the opposing factor in everything.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by echelon
the soviets liberated many nations during its days... of course the amerikans had to be the opposing factor in everything.

Do you define "liberating" by the use of tanks to enforce your rules?

BTW what does this have to do with the topic at hand?

[Edited on 29/4/04 by COOL HAND]

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Sure, just as they never hand a gun to anyone who's not smart, right? Don't BS me. I've known quite a few people who were in the service. I know how things are. Of course, not many think they, themselves, are idiots, but even military promotion is based upon blindly following orders and/or just serving time. It's a rather lame game, IMO. It's not a thinking man's bag, unless you just happen to have no problem with being a drone. You join the service to do a job, without even knowing what that job may be.

[Edited on 4-29-2004 by Satyr]

You have not served, have no right to criticize those who do, and have no idea what you are talking about. Promotions in the military of today are HIGHLY competitive, and are based more on brain, not brawn. Performance evaluations and very difficult tests are the order of the day, with even the most learned studying for months to do well. Make what little jokes you may, it makes no difference...as Cool Hand has pointed out, you did not serve, you do not know.

You have opened your mouth and removed all doubt�

LETS NOT MAKE THINGS PERSONAL PLEASE!!!!

[Edited on 29-4-2004 by DJDOHBOY]

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by COOL HAND

Do you define "liberating" by the use of tanks to enforce your rules?
BTW what does this have to do with the topic at hand?

uhh... yes?
especially in order to suppress religious fanatics.
and guess who was funding the religious fanatics?

and i was just responding to someone else's attempt to set similarities between the soviets and amerikans.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by COOL HAND

No, you don't. You have no idea what country we might attack while in a time of peace. Nor do you have any idea if it'll be a wise decision to do so, yet you're already dedicated. Who's ignorant?

Yes we do. Why do you think we spend so much time briefing our troops before we go on missions? It's so that everyone knows the facts.

Everyone joins for a reason, no one has been drafted into the military for a long time.

Bull! I hjad a friend who joined before the first Iraq war. He had no idea he was going to get shipped off to Iraq, until it happened. Are you saying you can foresee the future? Because, otherwise, you're being unreasonably stubborn. You're full of #. There's no way in hell anyone who was already in the services before 9/11 knew that we were going to be at war with two countries in the near future.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zuzubar
We are still improving our country. I think there should be no more argument about AMERICA's wars. We have our reasons. Stop being hippies. We live in 2004. We are not safe. You gotta deny ignorance

That's just it, you're the one being ignorant. You're the one supporting the destruction and decline of our country. Hippies were right, and they almost won. No, we're not safe, but it's not because of hippies. It's because of people like you, who support any wrong doing blindly.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 07:54 PM
link   
well this thread is turning ugly...enough flaming guys.

And on that note...bring back the hippie movement!
Make love not war!

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Hippies were right, and they almost won.

Not right enough to win it would seem.
The only good thing that came out of 60s culture was Hunter S. Thompson.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent47

Hippies were right, and they almost won.

Not right enough to win it would seem.
The only good thing that came out of 60s culture was Hunter S. Thompson.

What about music?

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   

I hjad a friend who joined before the first Iraq war. He had no idea he was going to get shipped off to Iraq, until it happened. Are you saying you can foresee the future? Because, otherwise, you're being unreasonably stubborn. You're full of #. There's no way in hell anyone who was already in the services before 9/11 knew that we were going to be at war with two countries in the near future.

If you join the military, part of your job is to run the risk that you may die in the performance of your duties. This is why soldiers derserve our respect and support. If you join an orginization who's function is to kill people and destroy their stuff, you have to know that you may be called upon to do that or have it done to you. If you don't know that or didn't realize that, then that is your fault for not thinking. Too many people, it seems, joined for the benefits and were fine as long as there wasn't any risk associated with it.

Well, as usual, this topic has turned into the typical bash the USA thread. Is it safe to say that the good ole United States of America is the most verbably abused country in the world? Heh. On the day that China becomes the number one superpower in the world (if it ever does), the rest of the world will start looking for and concentrating on everything that they can be hated for. France would take our place in a heartbeat if they could and so I expect would many other countries.

That being said, I think most Islamics wouldn't at this stage and that points to the critical difference and why fanatical Islam is the real enemy both to the US and all you other countries that are part of "Western Civilization". The face of Iraq [trys to get back to topic] and the rest of the Middle East is Barbarism. They don't want what we have because it is contrary to their control mechinism. They (Islamic Religious Leaders) want to wipe us out before their people realize that there is another way. They know that if we are successful in Iraq with what we are trying to do (assume for the moment that we are actually trying to help), it will show their system of control for the abject slavery, based on superstition inspired fear, that it really is.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shoktek
What about music?

I think it gave birth to the 70s which in their entirety, eclipse the 60s but I must concede the point I erred and forgout about that area of culture.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 08:25 PM
link   
All this guy does is insult people. What's worse is, they didn't even call you any names when you started. Almost all of your posts have some kind of childish insult. Let's recap, shall we?
I'd say a banning is in order, wouldn't you?

Then do everyone a favor and leave. That this country could produce a whimpering anti-American racist jackass like you and allow you to remain within it's boarders is what makes ME ashamed of this country...

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt, azz-wipe. I'm not a lilly livered coward hiding behind Mama's skirt like you are. Why do you think I was mostly offline for four months? If you were half as smart as you try to make people think you are, you'd know what I do for a living, dinkus....

Your short memory is directly attributable to your lack of brain power, something you share with the Kernal. I just finished my second 90 day tour, idiot.

Illegal war is your moniker, and if you weren't such a moron, you would know that there is no such thing.

If you had half a brain you would know wht a lying sack you are, but you're too stupid to even realize it.

It's better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you're a moron than to open it and remove all doubt.

You see, Kernal, this is what makes you the most hated piece of trash on this entire board. Answers like that. Even you, the most vile prick around, can't actually believe the trash you spew on a regular basis. I can't believe the owners of this board allow you to continue as a moderator. You are an extreme embarrassment. I would truly LOVE to meet you sometime to discuss this answer in person...

To the human beings reading this, the vast majority of those who are...
...You are a disgusting pig

The Kernal is a lonely troll who has nothing else to do but come here and make outrageous, disgusting comments, and insult as many folks as possible every day. He has never lived in the real world, so only knows his own little corner, and damn the rest. If you don't agree with him 100%, you shall feel his wrath.

Fortunately, he's all bark and no bite. He proves his ignorance with every post. When he can't come up with some fresh lie, he simply resorts to tirades of name calling and back biting. [HA!!! How ironic, eh?]

Troll, pure and simple....and unfortunately, a moderator. How disgusting. Cheapens the role of the moderator vastly...shameful...

Kernal's Unabridged Dictionary...

DAMN ANNOYING - Anyone who does not agree with the Kernal 100% and has the audacity to point out the flaws in the Kernal's rhetoric.

You are a moron, have no right to....

You have opened your mouth and removed all doubt�

Satyr:
I can say the same for you, since your post was auto-censored for vulgarity...get your own house in order...

Then, when someone throws it back, you have the nerve to comment?
How many immature insults can you count? The last one appears to have been cleaned up a bit.
Who's a troll?

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 08:32 PM
link   
[size=10] reminder stop the name calling NOW

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent47
I think it gave birth to the 70s which in their entirety, eclipse the 60s but I must concede the point I erred and forgout about that area of culture.

Yea, most of the great 70's bands and artists started out in the late 60s and were heavily influenced by those times...Bob Dylan comes to mind as being one of the greatest from that era. There were some good movies that came out then as well. And I think basically the "coming-togetherness" (lol) of everyone against the government and taking a stand against war, saying they will not accept it...that was a great time in our society.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shoktek
And I think basically the "coming-togetherness" (lol) of everyone against the government and taking a stand against war, saying they will not accept it...that was a great time in our society.

I was fortunate enough to live in the San Francisco Bay area, where it all began. It was much more than an anti-war movement. I can't even explain the hippy philosophy to most people. Unless you were there, you just have no idea what it was about. It was a beautiful time. Everyone cared about each other, and took the time to be friends with each other. It was something that I haven't seen since then, really. There was this wonderful feeling of peace, and that people cared about you. It wasn't just about getting #ed up. That's where the gov't came in. They used that to slander the movement, sort of like they did at the WTO protest. There were so many people who thought it was cool to be a hippy, but really had no idea what it meant, besides doing drugs and having long hair. Now days, I feel sorry for the next generation. They'll be forever cheated out of seeing what could have been. The closed minded won the battle, unfortunately. This is why I think it'll take violence to overthrow them. They're just too powerful, and too corrupt. They'll stop at nothing to program the public, and they've done a great job of it. People are more closed minded than ever before, and the majority are followers...never questioning what's happening because it's all so damn normal now.

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by BasementAddix
So in your opinion leaving Saddam in power would have made Iraq better off?....I think not....

My whole point is, why should it ever have concerned us? It shouldn't have! Have you ever heard the phrase, "Mind your own business"? Well, that's what America doesn't do anymore. That's why we're so hated. It has nothing to do with our culture. It has everything to do with our actions, and the actions we allow our gov't to take.

Mind our own business?...what are we...China?...So the strong should just get the weaker countries get abused?...Maybe we should have let Kuwait suffer....or Poland for that matter...why not the whole of Europe during WW2?....Cause the Germans did offer us a peace treaty before we entered the war....Its our job...no...our duty to help if we can....Saddam killed hundreds of thousands of his own people for no reason...a few hundred Iraqi's dying accidently for a good cause is no comparison...

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Mind our own business?...what are we...China?...So the strong should just get the weaker countries get abused?...Maybe we should have let Kuwait suffer....or Poland for that matter...why not the whole of Europe during WW2?....Cause the Germans did offer us a peace treaty before we entered the war....Its our job...no...our duty to help if we can....Saddam killed hundreds of thousands of his own people for no reason...a few hundred Iraqi's dying accidently for a good cause is no comparison...

Oh please.
I'm sick of reading all this bull# about how the United States is some protector of nations, and how we are out to end suffering throughout the world.
We only do anything if it benefits OUR country, many times we have used reasons like we are helping someone. Where were we to help the Bosnians? How about the Palestinians being killed by Israelis? While we're at it, let's just find any oppressed, starving, or mistreated people in the world and send off the troops to make their lives better. Sorry, but that's the way things work, we should just mind our own business as many other countries do, and many also agree that we meddle too much in other affairs. Then of course you say that Iraqis are better off now than before the war, why don't you take a poll over in Iraq about this and report back the results? How many have died in bombings and attacks since we have been at war? Thousands of innocent people have.

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 09:32 AM
link   

So in your opinion leaving Saddam in power would have made Iraq better off?....I think not....

My whole point is, why should it ever have concerned us? It shouldn't have! Have you ever heard the phrase, "Mind your own business"? Well, that's what America doesn't do anymore. That's why we're so hated. It has nothing to do with our culture. It has everything to do with our actions, and the actions we allow our gov't to take.

There's a difference between helping, and getting involved. Getting involved should only happen if there is a definite threat to America. Otherwise, we could waste a fortune in money, and lives, trying to fix the world. It's not our job to police the world, period. Maybe you should rethink that theory. It's the reason nearly 3000 Americans got killed on 9/11, and it'll be the reason we're attacked again. Frankly, I don't care about the rest of the world. They can deal with their own problems, just as we have. It's a learning process, and they need to learn, too. If people are unhappy enough, they'll give their very lives to make changes. It's not our position to run the entire world. Manifest destiny should be avoided, unless you really want to create problems for the US.
When it comes to helping another country with billions of dollars, and keeping that money here, I'll keep my money. Taxes are already out of control, without that #, too. Wasn't it like $4 billion dollars we gave Afghanistan before we were attacked? Great investement, that was!
Now we're spending 87.5 billion dollars on Iraq and Afghanistan. Is it worth it?

[Edited on 4-30-2004 by Satyr]

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Shotek...YES we sent troops to Bosnia....and YES we tried to help both Palestine and Isreal...its a world powers job to be involved...and we dont always help for our own benefit...what did we get out of the first persian gulf war?...a new president..thats about it...how bout ww2?...somalia?...the billion dollars we sent to Africa for Aids?...we got squat back....did we get anything back from Afghanistan?...yea...terrorism....so cut the nonsense...and stop thinking of what our media spits....

[Edited on 30-4-2004 by BasementAddix]

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join