It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The True Face of Iraq

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zuzubar
Some unintelligent people can't handle the aspect of war. I think it is ignorant to believe Iraq has no weapons.

Now that my point has been made I can ask you this question. Do you really think Iraq would just hold on to their hidden weapons and not use them. Iraq will use them EVENTUALLY and that's why we have to disarm them

With our resources, and the amount of time we have been over there searching for WMDs, trust me, they don't have any. Yes, they will just use their hidden weapons eventually, just as I will use my hidden weapons eventually...bwahahahaha. You are basing everything you say on this ridiculous assumption that they have weapons, when they clearly do not.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by COOL HAND
Satyr:

If the military wanted idiots that would blindly follow orders then they never would have attached the clause that allows them to disobey illegal orders. There would be no need for it as the people would be too stupid to question or disobey orders.

Sure, just as they never hand a gun to anyone who's not smart, right? Don't BS me. I've known quite a few people who were in the service. I know how things are. Of course, not many think they, themselves, are idiots, but even military promotion is based upon blindly following orders and/or just serving time. It's a rather lame game, IMO. It's not a thinking man's bag, unless you just happen to have no problem with being a drone. You join the service to do a job, without even knowing what that job may be.

[Edited on 4-29-2004 by Satyr]

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   
If the world was up to you ANTI-america people we would all be dead by now.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Que?

Ojala que es un chiste.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Yes "if the world was up to " anti-americans.

More labeling people who disagree with war mongering as anti-american. You have shown your true colors...

[Edited on 29-4-2004 by Shoktek]

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Some unintelligent people can't handle the aspect of war. I think it is ignorant to believe Iraq has no weapons.

Now that my point has been made I can ask you this question. Do you really think Iraq would just hold on to their hidden weapons and not use them. Iraq will use them EVENTUALLY and that's why we have to disarm them

Unless there's solid evidence that those weapons actually exist, and that they can be launched all the way to the US, and that they're actually planning on doing it, I'm not concerned in the least. Why should I be? Everyone has weapons, and everyone might use them. That's why they have them.
I'm much more concerned about N. Korea, although, still not enough to attack them.

Originally posted by Shoktek

Yes "if the world was up to " anti-americans.

More labeling people who disagree with war mongering as anti-american. You have shown your true colors...

That is so typical of these new "patriots". They have no clue.
I'm so much more American than you, it's not even funny. Only, I'm American in more of a Thomas Jefferson type of way. Our own gov't is always our largest threat. This has been proven, time and time again.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   

most the of the world does consist of anti-amerikans

... for a reason.

(sigh)... just an example of what the amerikan media is capable of.

[Edited on 4-29-2004 by echelon]

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by echelon
most the of the world does consist of anti-amerikans

... for a reason.

Yes, and it's because of our imperialism over seas, unjust police actions, war mongering, and because of people like zuzubar who are likely to suggest "Nuke Baghdad" the first chance they get.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Satyr
Sure, just as they never hand a gun to anyone who's not smart, right? Don't BS me. I've known quite a few people who were in the service. I know how things are. Of course, not many think they, themselves, are idiots, but even military promotion is based upon blindly following orders and/or just serving time. It's a rather lame game, IMO. It's not a thinking man's bag, unless you just happen to have no problem with being a drone. You join the service to do a job, without even knowing what that job may be.

Since you are not in the service, how can you comment on how much thinking is involved by service members? That just shows how ignorant you are.

We all know what the job is when we join. No one forces us to.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
What did I say, member? Don't bother me. Go create another thread if you want to call me out.

I am not trying to call you out. Is this another example of how you create situations that only benefit you?

Once again, my sole purpose here is to point out things that are blatantly wrong. I am not lauching a personnel attack on your or anyone else here.

If you cannot support your statements with fact or experience that don't bother posting. You are just wasting our time.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Since you are not in the service, how can you comment on how much thinking is involved by service members? That just shows how ignorant you are.

You do have to admit that in training there is a lot of conditioning that goes on, in order to change your way of thinking so that you always obey orders and have no problem killing people...some people can take this conditioning for the job and be fine, others don't react so well to it.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Yeah I am talking about people who hate AMERICA and think we are war mongeres. I'm just saying we are trying to make the world a better place and you do not support us for it. Some people who say that are actually ANTI AMERICAN

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   

You do have to admit that in training there is a lot of conditioning that goes on, in order to change your way of thinking so that you always obey orders and have no problem killing people...some people can take this conditioning for the job and be fine, others don't react so well to it.

Yes, that is true. But at the same time they also CONSTANTLY reinforce the fact that you do not have to follow illegal orders.

Basic training basically is designed to weed out individualism to promote working as a team. The military does not want a bunch of individuals to do the same thing. They want a team that works towards a common goal.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   

I'm just saying we are trying to make the world a better place

Who asked you too? Do you think the people in Iraq thank its a better world?

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Yeah I am talking about people who hate AMERICA and think we are war mongeres. I'm just saying we are trying to make the world a better place and you do not support us for it. Some people who say that are actually ANTI AMERICAN

I don't think Shock & Awe, the bombings in Fallujah etc make the wqorld a better place.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   

No, you don't. You have no idea what country we might attack while in a time of peace. Nor do you have any idea if it'll be a wise decision to do so, yet you're already dedicated. Who's ignorant?

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Well there's a difference between anti-war and "anti-american", and also just disagreeing with our government...and I'm guessing you failed US History with your thinking of how we are out to make the world a better place...give me a break. Anyone can see that numerous things in the past, and this current war were done in our own interest at the expense of others.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Satyr
No, you don't. You have no idea what country we might attack while in a time of peace. Nor do you have any idea if it'll be a wise decision to do so, yet you're already dedicated. Who's ignorant?

Yes we do. Why do you think we spend so much time briefing our troops before we go on missions? It's so that everyone knows the facts.

Everyone joins for a reason, no one has been drafted into the military for a long time.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
I don't think Shock & Awe, the bombings in Fallujah etc make the wqorld a better place.

I agree with the Colonel on that one. However, it has made Iraq a better place. Without those campaigns we would have had a lot more of Saddam's followers lauching attacks on us. Imagine the death count then?

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   

I don't want to make the WORLD a better place, when our country needs so much improvement of it's own. The idiots in office are not qualified to make the WORLD a better place, since they can't even manage our own country. What the hell gives you the right? You know, communists wanted to make the world a better place, too. I'm starting to see quite a similarity.
Maybe that's it, eh? I'm not anti-American, I'm anti-expansionist.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join