It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extraterrestrial Space Ships to Rescue us out of the Energy Crisis?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

I would love nothing more than to have these horded and denied technologies released and made commercial. I would love to see in my life time, aircraft replaced with clean(er), non-combustion engine propulsion systems and the like.

But at the moment, I don't know how it could be released without causing huge financial/economic reprecussions.

Obviously those that maintain their power and wealth from the oil and gas industries will be very reluctant to release their talons on their greedy incomes. But from a more worldwide, average joe perspective: all the people who work in the petrol and diesel industries, the combustion engine industries (car , automotive, jet craft), service men & women, repair men & women, engineers, etc.

The sudden near redundency of the main driving force behind the need for these people and therefore paying their incomes would drop dramatically. The markets would drop significantly as various industries would be nearly defunct and the resources they rely upon and the subsequent people who make those resources available and abundant would be affected, etc, etc...

I can see why there could be a huge effort to keep this technology out of our hands : because we've been groomed to be dependant on what TPTB have said we need to be dependant on, which in turn feeds them.

Of course, conversely, new skills and people are needed to build and manage and maintain these new technologies. But that argument will be drowned out by the potential economic worries.

[edit on 21-5-2009 by noonebutme]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Sometimes I feel like the only way we can get out of our own economic funk is if such an economic catastrophe (or natural) did occur. Something that would knock us down a few pegs and make us reevaluate the whole structure that we live on. In that situation I could see alternative energy being embraced.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
If extra-terrestrials have been in contact with our ptb since they started back engineering technology they recovered from a crash, what if it's them thats decided it's time for disclosure?

if ships just appeared in the sky there would be mass panic....much easier to have told people first and softening the blow by saying 'they are good guys, they're here to help, look they already gave us free energy'.

just a thought

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
If the need for money including payments for fuel, food, personal items etc stopped dead tomorrow, how long do you think it would be before something else would have to be set in place to replace it?

Otherwise you might find that those people who clear up the rubbish at night while we sleep, shell prawns for our sandwiches, dig in mines for diamonds, clean hospitals, wear a stupid hat and sell tat at amusement parks might not feel so motivated without the monkey of debt raking at their backs.

So what would be next a 'Good Citizen' points system? A 'Bad Citizen's penal system?

I personally believe that the only species that is going to help humans are humans and it's going to take a long time and a lot of sacrafice to get anywhere close to Utopia.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
there is no real energy problem. there is no overpopulation crisis. there is just incompetence, corruption, ideology and lack of will to think about the future of our children.

"free" energy is a myth. energy by definition can't be created. it has to be harvested. every energy harvesting or storage device has risks. you think the car battery is just a box but if you drop it and it spills open all over you it could kill you or at least mutilate you! a wind turbine blade can snap off and chop off your head or impale you. solar can burn or even blind you if a hot water steam pipe breaks or a reflector is out of sync and you happen to be its target. uranium and other nuclear matter will give you cancer. gasoline can burn you badly or poison you or even cause cancer. coal burning at home causes lots of pollution but coal plants are mostly equipped with filters to capture the by-products (i'm not talking about CO2 emissions, just particles, sulfur, mercury and other poisons like that)

those "simple" internet ways to get "free" energy are many times either unsafe or unrealistic. you can get killed if you follow some of the HHO schematics, either by electrocution, explosion or even asphyxia. you can be killed by static energy discharges. you need to be aware of the chemical or physical process at work, not just follow instructions like a monkey and then end up in the ER or morgue because you didn't know the resulting mix is extremely bad for you.

what we all can do is to be aware of how we use the energy that we have to make it last. buy CFL bulbs, don't keep your PC on 24/7 or buy a laptop which uses significantly less power, don't leave lights on, or the tv running, make sure your house is properly insulated and you have efficient appliances. DON'T buy plasma TVs or huge TVs generally as they use up ALOT of power! LCD or projection are the best energy options for now. OLED may be in the future.

all there is to the "energy crisis" is really a spoiled lifestyle that the west has gotten used to. we need to get back to basics and learn how to harvest nature and conserve what we have before we start crying "OMG oil is going to end how will i fuel up my HUMMER??" yeah let's make hybrid hummers that will help...

stop waiting for a solution to drop from the sky (AKA UFO, aliens, galactic federation, 2012 etc). that's not going to happen! do something yourself if you want things to improve!

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Here is my take on this issue.

Will not happen to much to lose for the big moguls and lobbyists worldwide in the fossil fuel and energy market.

It this were really true Obama would not be discussing other issues about energy and be only talking about this great new technology he is about to bring forth, politicians and their counterparts are all about Ego and press.

Obama and current Energy related talk

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
If people attempt to build something without any grasp of how it works and the safety issues involved then of course they'll get injured and that's their fault and I'd go so far as to say they deserve it. I'd at least research it extensively before I attempted anything of the sort. But in terms of getting "free" energy, which we're just implying that it can be collected cheaply or efficiently, there must be ways to do it we're just not in the know. For instance there's a village in Switzerland that uses a device called a Testatika ("http://peswiki.com/index.php/PowerPedia:Testatika"), and they're reluctant to divulge all the intricacies of how it works with everyone, I don't blame them.

We can even look at the pyramids. I believe one of the first explorers inside of the Khufu pyramid noticed that every time he drank from his bottle he'd get a electrostatic shock. He then proceeded to wrap his glass bottle with newspaper (creating a crude leyden jar) and then touched a friend with it, shocking him. The whole shape itself is a giant electrostatic generator, harnessing energy from the potential difference between the air and ground. The inventor Les Brown also has some theories concerning this. I've also read patents regarding the same static generated by small tetrahedron shaped models and the electricity acquired using a coil around the top connected to a bridge rectifier. So it can be done cheaply, there's just no grants for those type of projects or research since there's no money in it at the moment.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Deux Ex Machina only exists in movies, plays and fantasies.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Money and time and schedules is a human thing.

Everything being done could be done by the people without the above but everyone has been programmed/taught this is the way it is by the Elitist.

This could be changed easily if people thought about it and worked together for one another.

I assume most are happy with 3 sick days and a weeks vacation, sad really

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
Deux Ex Machina only exists in movies, plays and fantasies.

Say that to the participants in the Manhattan Project, and the Japanese military leaders during World War II.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by cerberus00
If people attempt to build something without any grasp of how it works and the safety issues involved then of course they'll get injured and that's their fault and I'd go so far as to say they deserve it. I'd at least research it extensively before I attempted anything of the sort. But in terms of getting "free" energy, which we're just implying that it can be collected cheaply or efficiently, there must be ways to do it we're just not in the know. For instance there's a village in Switzerland that uses a device called a Testatika ("http://peswiki.com/index.php/PowerPedia:Testatika"), and they're reluctant to divulge all the intricacies of how it works with everyone, I don't blame them.

why are they afraid to divulge how it works? if they patent it they're able to make some money from this. it's already a very well known machine. what's the danger here? could it be that it doesn't really work?

We can even look at the pyramids. I believe one of the first explorers inside of the Khufu pyramid noticed that every time he drank from his bottle he'd get a electrostatic shock. He then proceeded to wrap his glass bottle with newspaper (creating a crude leyden jar) and then touched a friend with it, shocking him. The whole shape itself is a giant electrostatic generator, harnessing energy from the potential difference between the air and ground. The inventor Les Brown also has some theories concerning this. I've also read patents regarding the same static generated by small tetrahedron shaped models and the electricity acquired using a coil around the top connected to a bridge rectifier. So it can be done cheaply, there's just no grants for those type of projects or research since there's no money in it at the moment.

yep i remember watching the documentary about how they found coils and rectifiers linked to light bulbs and batteries inside the pyramids. there are even some hookups that appear to be going to the top of the pyramid and scientists are speculating they could have been used for photovoltaic panels or a huge wind turbine on the tip

that was sarcasm, in case someone doubts it...

now back to the electrostatic shock. if you're in a very dry climate like Egypt and there is lots of sand and wind around you there will be lots of static electricity. those are proven facts and would perfectly explain what you're describing. no need for pyramids.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by whoswatchinwho
If extra-terrestrials have been in contact with our ptb since they started back engineering technology they recovered from a crash, what if it's them thats decided it's time for disclosure?

if ships just appeared in the sky there would be mass panic....much easier to have told people first and softening the blow by saying 'they are good guys, they're here to help, look they already gave us free energy'.

just a thought

Yes I agree with this. But everyone would have to come together, a big gathering. If something along the lines, "We interruprt your regularly shceduled program for this announcement..." Then people would freak. Unless ET's demonstrated saving the planet...I don't know, hard to say...

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
If Aliens showed up here and started to show you all there majic you would all say the Anti-Christ and his helpers have arrived.

Think about it what they have would seem like magic to us just as what we have now would seem like majic to people long past.

Same thing different time that's all.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by RenDMC

Good point but look at it like this.
If aliens showed up and handed man kind the answers to enery problems of the year 2010 in 100A.D.... well that would be like handing the keys to a new born child in hopes of that child being able to drive to the store...Pointless 16 years later yes you might hand the keys to the child in the form of a teenager that has some education of the road and cars...See the point? If they have the answers they may be waiting for the education on a mass scale to be able to apply their knowledge to use. If they show up and hand us some device or math formula that we can't understand it does us no good.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but I really don't follow the logic being exercised by those on this thread that predict dire social/political consequences with the advent of free energy.

The same goes for some of the economic arguments espoused by those who say that free energy would result in economic mayhem - Ladies and gentleman - we are in economic mayhem and it's a direct result of not the sub-prime loans fiasco (that was the catalyst, not the cause), but rather spiraling energy costs, and our dependency on that ever-more expensive substance.

What followed on the tail of $148/barrel oil??? a god-almighty crash.
Peak Oil has given us a not-so subtle tap on the shoulder to spell out to us that the 'Oil Economy' is going south.

Obama knows it - even Dubya could understand the basic threat (but only just).

Bottom line: if free energy devices do exist, their time is now. Or it will be never because the US is on an express elevator to the Banana Republic - courtesy of our symbitoic Energy/Economy model.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Climate Change won't be "solved" or "limited" by any technology, human, or extraterrestrial.

The ongoing Climate Change has nothing to do with atmospheric CO2, and this should be common knowledge by now.

The Solar System has been entering a new region of space that is causing changes on Earth, the Sun, and every planet, and even moon with an atmosphere in the Solar System.

Not extraterrestrial power is going to stop the Solar System from continuing to move inside this new region of space that is causing extreme Climate Changes.

I am also pretty sure that the technology of the ETs is limited, otherwise they wouldn't have crash landed in several instances.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse
Climate Change won't be "solved" or "limited" by any technology, human, or extraterrestrial.

The ongoing Climate Change has nothing to do with atmospheric CO2, and this should be common knowledge by now.

The Solar System has been entering a new region of space that is causing changes on Earth, the Sun, and every planet, and even moon with an atmosphere in the Solar System.

and you know that this "entering a new region of space that is causing changes" how exactly? you'd be willing to continue burning fossils instdead of trying alternatives just because Climate Change is not real?

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSecret

and you know that this "entering a new region of space that is causing changes" how exactly? you'd be willing to continue burning fossils instdead of trying alternatives just because Climate Change is not real?

All he said was that the "free energy" source won't solve our climate problems.
Our entire solar system is changing. Best example is our Sun and it's sunspots, increasing radiation from the Sun etc.
And Mars was probably habitable once.. and maybe Venus too?

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkSecret

Maybe they wanted to keep the small community free of outsiders and didn't want the publicity. Believe it or not, many small quaint places do not want foreigners or tourists mucking about the place even if they bring a lot of money.

And in regards to the pyramids, I didn't know that documentaries could qualify people as experts in any particular field, and I wouldn't go as far to say that I'd trust everything that I see on TV. I'm talking about the shape itself, not the claims that there were wiring or any of the kind because I don't believe in such things either. Like I said in the posts you quoted, it could be harnessing the potential difference between the air and ground; similar to some of Tesla's ideas. Here are some patents regarding to this: www.rexresearch.com...

There were also claims that the khufu pyramid also had a golden capstone, which is an amazing conductor. I'm on the fence about this because some say there was one and others say there wasn't.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSecret

You can find many scientific articles about the whole solar system heating up and not just the earth. I do think though that our CO2 emissions do have an impact on the climate, albeit smaller than the affect on the whole solar system at the moment. Less waste is always more beneficial, and regardless of global warming being caused by us or not, it would be apt for us to start developing cleaner alternatives now rather than later.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join