It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing speech by Ron Paul on the House Floor

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Tyr Sog

There are already dedicated plants for military production; they don’t need Detroit’s civilian facilities, which are improperly tooled for military production anyway. You would see these dedicated military production facilities, which are currently off-line in Detroit, such as the Detroit Arsenal, being activated long before they would use plants tooled for civilian production.

Detroit is only being mentioned because of the absurdity of what is currently going on between them and our Government, who needs to butt out of private industry.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bspiracy

Originally posted by jd140
reply to post by Bspiracy

LOL

You can put me down all you want to. You have yet to counter anything I have said. I doubt you would even know how.

There's nothing to counter.

You offer nothing but despair and false awareness in your message. I see a future you dare not believe in. The "counter" to your message is the positive possibility tucked away in the future. For you the future is where you already live and if you already see a negative then you will by all means live in a negative future.

I choose to live and offer a stronger shared goal with others for the here and now.

This is where we part ways with our argument and allow one another to take the paths we were going to follow before this thread.

b

Okay in your positive future, who is going to challenge and beat Obama in 2012.

Offer up something, give a name. Counter me with something more then you see a positive future. Give us something besides incoherant posts. Contribute something.

As I said, I like Ron Paul. We need somebody younger and with his same Ideals. Which is why I brought up his son.

Give a name.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Ron Paul is the man! no doubt about it, I enjoy the brutal honesty he speaks everytime he opens his mouth to talk. Ron Paul sees the damage that this current government is doing and we should consider ourselves lucky to have a politician like him, too bad there wern't more. SandF for posting this.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by alyosha1981
reply to post by David9176

Ron Paul is the man! no doubt about it, I enjoy the brutal honesty he speaks everytime he opens his mouth to talk. Ron Paul sees the damage that this current government is doing and we should consider ourselves lucky to have a politician like him, too bad there wern't more. SandF for posting this.

Somebody should ask Ron Paul who should run in 2012. I also like his honesty, if he gave us a name I would promise my vote for him the day he gives it.

He needs to give it soon though. The more coverage he/she gets before the election the better.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
its a horrible injustice that people like ron paul brilliant reasonable people get brushed under the rug just because their not the strongest speaker. . . Ron Paul is a victim of americas ignorance. . . as we all are now i suppose

[edit on 21-5-2009 by constantwonder]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Dr.Paul once more trying to educate the criminals and traitors in the House of Reps we all know what he is talking about here.The illusion of our system of government he knows very well that both parties have sold the nation right out from under us and now it's up to us to try and awake our fellow citizens.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
As great as Ron Paul is, he is speaking to deaf ears. When you look at the greater picture, greater populace and the mind set of modern man, who is more concerned with his immediate surroundings, these words of wisdom Ron Paul speaks might as well be spoken in Chinese.

One man standing in congress delivering a speech, ignored by the media, not backed by anyone but some internet forum goers and some thousands of individuals scattered around the country, when compared to millions of the major populace who are concerned only with their immediate surroundings, nothing will ever come from the wisdom he speaks.

People say the problems lie with the politicians, yet politicians will only do and get away with what the populace allow. This has been the focus of those whom Ron Paul speaks for many MANY years. A society now exists that has no concern for anything but themselves. From school age to adulthood the conditioning is complete.

A slave society concerned with their debt, their home, their job, controlled in essence with a delusion of 'freedom' eat, sleep and spend their waking hours caught in an illusion of democracy, freedom and choice.

How do you intend to change a culture? How do intend to change the very thought processes that have been indoctrinated from childhood? On a truly massive scale. This is not convincing a 'group' nor spreading the ideals of true freedom and democracy. This is complete and utter fabrication of the human condition generations old.

It is finished. It is complete. There will never be the United States of America as your forefathers created. It is changed forever.
No one can look down on those who wish otherwise. The true patriot will always exist, always hope, always stand for true democracy.
Unfortunately the system in place today will never be overthrown.

Welcome to the global community. Welcome to foreign policy in this global community. Welcome to a system much larger than the American.
A system that is growing and expanding with each passing day. Whilst Americans sit watching their wide screen TVs, drive their petrol guzzling vehicles, eat take away food and think it all revolves around them, and their little world ....

This same system is in ALL western countries, AND spreading. Its much larger than America. Americans are unfortunately feeling the pinch of the global system at work. As long as America is a global player, which is realistically forever, true freedom and democracy is an illusion.
You know it, I know it and Ron Paul bravely knows it.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Really i like Ron Paul .. i truly think hes a visionary ... am i the only one offended by the OBVIOUS ghost writing done for his speech?
Now im an Ametuer at debating. However i have written speeches better than this for a opening statement. Ron Paul imo has lost his touch this was unemotional and very much felt dictated, Im sorry this speech will forever make me differ with Mr. Paul

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd140

is son.

Give a name.

Ron Paul.

He's here now. He presses on issues now.

You know YOU want to do what he says so what's stopping you or the people around you. THAT is the problem...

Why do I have to give you a name after I said follow the man to begin with? The strength of the American character as a public whole doesn't have the balls to do what's right. I merely said lend strength to your neighbor now to help them understand the reality of what Ron is saying. After that the outcome of a movement would be towards a positive. I have no illusion that what I'm talking about may have a violent path, but hopefully that doesn't have to happen.

You have as much a clue regarding the future as a magic 8 ball picked up from a novelty store. Stop derailing the plain and simple focus of this thread which is to honor the immaculate Ron Paul. If you "so agree with him", then follow him and quit worrying about 3 years from now or trying to confuse yourself more by looking for someone else to follow.

b

[edit on 21-5-2009 by Bspiracy]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Immaculate? Hardly.

immaculate
A adjective

1 faultless, immaculate, impeccable

without fault or error; "faultless logic"; "speaks impeccable French"; "timing and technique were immaculate"; "an immaculate record"

2 immaculate, undefiled

free from stain or blemish

You really don't think that we should look to the next election? You don't think we should start looking for someone to run for President?

As many have said. Ron Paul speaks on deaf ears. You get somebody in the Presidency like him and then we can start rebuilding America.

If you fail to plan then you plan to fail.

You keep living in the present though. I'm going to keep my eye out for somebody that can help this country.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Actually this guy although he is going about making his point in an absurd and rude way he does have a point especially if you guys are "spiritual" believers the 2012 thing has truth and if you guys also believe there's a NWO then by 2012 there won't be anymore elections considering there will be a one-world government where I'm quite positive the sheep won't have any rights in the process to vote since they'll be too busy in labor camps which Ron Paul even speaks of (rex 84)

But furthermore Paul also is catholic so we really wouldn't have THAT much of a guaranteed change considering The RCC IS in fact the Mother of All Harlots so he would end up being persuaded to do otherwise since the Mother Of all Harlots rules over all kings of the earth

And most of our illuminati presidents have all been seen with her but that aside, you'll also notice as someone has pointed out many of the "Dumbed down" Americans wouldn't even catch on to what he's talking about...

Never the less we did and still do have more choices that rarely ever get any support the main two I'm AWARE of considering I haven't heard of Paul's son yet but they are

-Mike Gravel

AND

-Dennis Kucinich

Both very young and charismatic except Gravel is more liable to be easily "characteristically assassinated" like most who have spoken out about this issues usually get, the media makes cooks out of these candidates.

[edit on 21-5-2009 by anarcissus]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by anarcissus

Ron Paul doesn’t support impeachment. Dennis Kucinich sponsored legislation for impeachment.

Ron Paul doesn’t support 911 Truth and even worse implies that the government’s version of 911 is true. Dennis Kucinich supports investigating 911. Dennis Kucinich supports not-for-profit healthcare. Paul supports free market healthcare based on the ability to pay.

Ron Paul wants to eliminate all federal taxation. Dennis Kucinich wants to shift the tax burden to wealthy persons and corporations.

Ron Paul supports the neoliberal free market agenda of free trade, deregulation of business, and privatization of public assets. Dennis Kucinich supports fair trade. [B] (AS WAS DISCUSSED EARLIER HOW THE MEDIA CONFUSES PEOPLE ON REGULATIONS)[/B]

Ron Paul falsely claims that lower taxes benefit all of us but this is false because different types of taxes affect different portions of the population. If you lower a regressive tax like the payroll tax then it benefits the poor and middle classes but not the wealthy. If you lower a progressive tax like a tax on corporate profits, capital gains tax, or federal estate tax then this benefits wealthy individuals and corporations but not the poor and middle classes. Paul also falsely states that lower taxes create jobs which is that trickle down economics crap that Ronald Reagan promoted which proved to be false. Paul also states that lower taxes allow us to make more decisions for ourselves about our lives which is only true if he’s talking about regressive taxes that affect the poor and middle classes. Paul also falsely implies that all we have to do is cut spending and we”ll avoid economic disaster.

Ron Paul also wants to deport every single undocumented immigrant. Paul shamelessly exploits 911 for his anti-immigrant agenda when he says a number of 9/11 terrorists had expired visas when he knows full well there were no 911 terrorists and that the attack was really a controlled demolition. Kucinich wants to grant permanent legal residence to immigrants living in the US for 5 or more years and conditional legal status and work authorization to all law abiding immigrants living in the US for less than 5 years.

Ron Paul opposes the International Criminal Court where he justifies it by saying the ICC wants to try our soldiers as war criminals and that they are a threat to our independence as a nation. Well I say if our soldiers commit war crimes then they should be prosecuted as war criminals. The ICC is no threat to our independence as a nation. The only reason for anyone to oppose the ICC is to prevent international criminals from being brought to justice. Paul falsely claims that the jihadists are our direct enemies. Paul also falsely claims that our reason for going to war was a UN resolution. The UN had nothing to do with why our country went to war. Oil is the reason why our country went to war but Paul doesn’t mention this and instead blames the UN to support his anti-UN agenda.

Paul is also an anti-abortion fanatic. Paul wants to redefine life as beginning at conception. I guess he wants to throw any woman who has an abortion in jail. Paul also wants to overturn Roe vs Wade. Paul claims federal court tyranny has caused the deaths of 45 million of the unborn. His statement is an oxymoron. You can’t die if you’ve never been born. Paul is trying to impose his religious beliefs on those who don’t share them. Kucinich used to be against a woman’s right to have an abortion but his views on the issue changed several years ago and now he’s a strong defender of a woman’s right to choose.

Kucinich discusses 88 different issues on his website. Paul only discusses 10 topics on his website.

SOURCE

[edit on 21-5-2009 by anarcissus]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

I shouldn't be surprised. I put "immaculate" into the sentence as a blatantly absurd statement or joke. No one is immaculate.. is my humor THAT dry ?..
..really, you had to pull the dictionary out for it as well..

How is following someone else going to change "deaf" ears anyway?

Why do you not get that it starts with YOU. It starts with your very attitude but instead you still shrug the concept aside with a smugness that is distasteful. You make the idea seem on the fringe of insane. You sound like Fox News actually...

really.. you didn't get i was kidding with the word immaculate?..

b

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Reply to me all you wish. Your posts fall on deaf ears.

Reply to this if you wish, I'm tired of your pointless posts. Therefor to save me the trouble of reading them I am forced to hit that awful ignore button.

I am really sorry that you can't plan for the future. It does wonders for you when you plan something.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   
The problem with Ron Paul is he appeals to people who vote for politicians in a country that prefers to vote for American Idols.

I think he'd get pretty far if he started a game show of some sort.
Oh... wait... why am I laughing? That's actually the truth. He and his supporters should stop talking on YouTube and start their own reality series or game show. They could call it "Who Wants to be Paid in Real Money?" or "America's Got Issues."

[edit on 21-5-2009 by mattifikation]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   
OK, I think we all know we are currently screwed with the current system. Politicians have too much power and do not listen to our wishes and demands.

So how do we fix that?

The first thing we need to do is to take their power away from them.

Term limits. We have got to find a way to limit the term of Congressmen to 8 or 12 years.

Once they get entrenched with a second term, they have built a machine that will re-elect them as long as they continue to fund pork-barrel projects.

Obama promised to curtail the power of lobbyists. He lied; in fact he has hired them to work in his administration.

Term limits is the first step.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by anarcissus
reply to post by anarcissus

Ron Paul doesn’t support impeachment. Dennis Kucinich sponsored legislation for impeachment.

Take impeachment off the table and you might see more truth come out.

Ron Paul doesn’t support 911 Truth and even worse implies that the government’s version of 911 is true. Dennis Kucinich supports investigating 911. Dennis Kucinich supports not-for-profit healthcare. Paul supports free market healthcare based on the ability to pay.

Ron does NOT imply the govt 911 version is correct. Not for profit healthcare is unlikely to be of a decent standard - healthcare should be free market.

Ron Paul wants to eliminate all federal taxation. Dennis Kucinich wants to shift the tax burden to wealthy persons and corporations.

OK - Kucinich is delusional here and doesn't understand economics - shifting the tax burden? What an idiot - how do you think the corps will pay for the extra taxes? Then will pass the costs right back to the people, and on top of that make exports less competitive.

Ron Paul supports the neoliberal free market agenda of free trade, deregulation of business, and privatization of public assets. Dennis Kucinich supports fair trade. [B] (AS WAS DISCUSSED EARLIER HOW THE MEDIA CONFUSES PEOPLE ON REGULATIONS)[/B]

Free trade is the natural state of affairs - it arises normally as people make goods and supply services and want to exchange them. Get rid of regulation and privatize all business - the govt is there to provide the functions of state, not control business.

Ron Paul falsely claims that lower taxes benefit all of us but this is false because different types of taxes affect different portions of the population. If you lower a regressive tax like the payroll tax then it benefits the poor and middle classes but not the wealthy. If you lower a progressive tax like a tax on corporate profits, capital gains tax, or federal estate tax then this benefits wealthy individuals and corporations but not the poor and middle classes. Paul also falsely states that lower taxes create jobs which is that trickle down economics crap that Ronald Reagan promoted which proved to be false. Paul also states that lower taxes allow us to make more decisions for ourselves about our lives which is only true if he’s talking about regressive taxes that affect the poor and middle classes. Paul also falsely implies that all we have to do is cut spending and we”ll avoid economic disaster.

And Ron Paul is completely correct in everything he says. Economics isn't difficult to understand, but most people (obviously including you) don't.
If you tax a business, it raises its prices - who pays? You pay. If you tax the wealthy, there is less incentive to BE wealthy, and greater incentive to deal illegally. Taxing the wealthy is a disincentive on innovation and industry at its beating heart - its a way to prevent people from moving up in class.
Elimination of taxes MUST create jobs - because production becomes so much cheaper!! A business that today is nonviable due to cost, suddenly becomes profitable if you remove the tax cost - so its created along with the jobs it brings.
You say Ron Paul says cutting spending will help avert economic disaster - what your implying is that what we need to do is increase spending? You've bought into the stupidest lie around.

More in next.

[edit on 21-5-2009 by Amagnon]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   
A very convincing patriotic JFK type speech.
If only all your politicians cared as much about where you are heading.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Ron Paul also wants to deport every single undocumented immigrant. Paul shamelessly exploits 911 for his anti-immigrant agenda when he says a number of 9/11 terrorists had expired visas when he knows full well there were no 911 terrorists and that the attack was really a controlled demolition. Kucinich wants to grant permanent legal residence to immigrants living in the US for 5 or more years and conditional legal status and work authorization to all law abiding immigrants living in the US for less than 5 years.

Ron Paul is utterly correct - undocumented means illegal, illegal means go home and make your papers and try again! With Americans losing 1/2 a million jobs a month, you really think it makes sense to have the country filled with extra job seekers who compete for the lawful citizens jobs, but will work for less under worse conditions? They will get the jobs - and the money will go straight out of America - slowing down the recovery, and costing YOU money.

Ron Paul opposes the International Criminal Court where he justifies it by saying the ICC wants to try our soldiers as war criminals and that they are a threat to our independence as a nation. Well I say if our soldiers commit war crimes then they should be prosecuted as war criminals. The ICC is no threat to our independence as a nation. The only reason for anyone to oppose the ICC is to prevent international criminals from being brought to justice.

If your soldiers commit crimes of war, they should be tried in the US - not by some international court. Submitting to any international authority is losing some of your countries sovereignty. Who is better qualified to judge US citizens then the US courts - if you can't find justice at home, don't think you will find it by going abroad.

Paul falsely claims that the jihadists are our direct enemies.

Produce some evidence - I've listened to RP a long time. He mentions that AlQaida were created by the CIA to sow dissent and provide US support and that it was a was a CIA policy to promote Islamic extremism.

Paul also falsely claims that our reason for going to war was a UN resolution. The UN had nothing to do with why our country went to war. Oil is the reason why our country went to war but Paul doesn’t mention this and instead blames the UN to support his anti-UN agenda.

I'd like you to support this as well. I've heard RP many times DENOUNCING Bush for usurping congress and deciding to go to war without congressional approval. He made it clear on the many occasions I heard him speak on this, that the president usurped the constitution and congress, and that if congress had been consulted he would have voted AGAINST the war entirely. I have NEVER heard him speak regarding the UN in respect to this topic.

ON the topic of the UN. If the UN security council members who hold veto continue to do so, then the UN is nothing more than a sham - which it is.

Paul is also an anti-abortion fanatic.

He's a fanatic? Please. I heard RP talking about this, and he described abortion as violence. Thinking about it - I respect his point of view. Abortions can often leave an emotional mark on the would be mother - they are a form of violence.

He doesn't protest the use of contraceptives. Proper family planning, education and closer knit families will prevent unwanted pregnancy.

Paul wants to redefine life as beginning at conception. I guess he wants to throw any woman who has an abortion in jail. Paul also wants to overturn Roe vs Wade. Paul claims federal court tyranny has caused the deaths of 45 million of the unborn. His statement is an oxymoron. You can’t die if you’ve never been born. Paul is trying to impose his religious beliefs on those who don’t share them. Kucinich used to be against a woman’s right to have an abortion but his views on the issue changed several years ago and now he’s a strong defender of a woman’s right to choose.

THis is a divisive issue - your obviously a pro-choice. DOesn't make RP wrong, he is a Dr after all, and has delivered a lot of babies. I respect his point of view and greater experience than mine with this issue. I don't necessarily agree - but I haven't seen any mention of 'throwing women in jail' as a response to abortion - he is tolerant and shows compassion and wisdom - your attempt at hyping just makes YOU look crazy.

Kucinich discusses 88 different issues on his website. Paul only discusses 10 topics on his website.

I don't have any idea what this has to do with anything? I might say, focusing on 10 most important things and getting them done will probably have more impact than trying to get 88 things done and achieving only the least important of them.

I have nothing against Kucinich either - he seems like an honest politician, which is like meeting a talking dog - so good luck to him.

His economic policy though is twisted into stupidity by the false economics that are both being taught and espoused in Washington.

[edit on 21-5-2009 by Amagnon]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
No one can deny this though.. Ron Paul will never ever become the president of the United States. So debating too hard about whether his policies will help or destroy the US is only good for fun. It will simply never happen in real life, only in his follower's dreams.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join