It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing speech by Ron Paul on the House Floor

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+78 more 
posted on May, 20 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
WE NEED TO CHANGE.

A great speech and statement by Ron Paul.

We have forgotten what made this country great. We are now run/controlled by the welfare/warfare state.

We need to change our ways...and we've got to do it soon.

The GOP is going to fail...they are grasping at straws now. Libertarians..and those likeminded...can be the only opposition to big government.

Independents are the largest group..larger than Dems or Reps.

It will get larger....much larger..IMO.

I hope better days are ahead.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Five stars, three cheers, and two thumbs up. Way up.

[edit on 5-20-2009 by groingrinder]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
S & F!

When you hear someone speak about their country in this manner, placing all into perspective, it conjures up images of the dilemma faced and the words of our founders against a tyrannical British empire many years ago.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
It's a shame that this will fall on deaf ears. I can only imagine how many Americans would agree with much of what he is saying.

I think people want the truth...even it is going to hurt. Unfortunately the truth isn't available to most of them.

Ron Paul will be on Ed Schultz tonight...and I guarantee that he will try to trash him. He just trashed him 2 days ago because he actually wants to "end" government programs!

OMG...someone actually wants to shrink the government...what an evil crazy bastard he is!

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Sounds like that could of came from the twilight zone, lol. Only ron paul could of said that and had people listen.

"Wrong is right, wrong is right."

That is the mantra of today.

Dr paul knows that mind control plays a massive part in this, but i doubt americans will ever do anything.

Nice speech though, and surprising to see it done in congress, i wonder what the others felt on this.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
"Prepare yourself for Revolutionary changes."

This really just seemed like a "we're screwed" speech. We won't stop falling economically till we hit the floor and we are going to have to work ourselves back up.

Let's hope we don't make the mistakes of the past again.

What is the world going to look like in a year or two?

I think everything is going to change...especially here. The good times are coming to an end..if not already.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Just thought I'd add that Ron Paul will be on Glenn Beck's show at 5est...but Glenn isn't hosting..

Judge Napolitano is!

The host of freedom watch is getting an hour on live TV.

Looking forward to it!

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Nice find OP. I gave you a star and a flag for posting this. Ron Paul is the voice of mine and many people's minds and hearts. It is surreal that he is the only congressman who speaks as if he knows what we want to hear. Need to hear.

What will come of it? Shaking my head.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I honestly believe if people took the time to research candidates and their policies, along with lessons from history, the majority would be Libertarian. Bravo Mr. Paul, keep fighting the good fight.

-E-

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
The wisest men are usually promoted as fools in their own time. They are ridiculed at every turn. Dr.Paul is prophetic in his words,he has painted the picture we now see years ago. The general public has been lead to disregard him as he has been scoffed at by most of the media.

It would be nearly impossible to stop our free fall before we crash to the ground. I just hope that Dr. Paul is still around to help bring back sanity to this country,when the day arrives.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Starred and Flagged. Hear Hear, We need this man in the whitehouse! Most people just don't bother to look at the issues anymore or just don't care.

People need to wake up and start realizing that our country and world are spiraling down a dark road. A road that will take years, possibly more, to recover from.

[edit on 5/20/2009 by Sandro]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Personally, I prefer when Ron Paul speaks more from the heart, than from a speech.
I understand the impact trying to be made, but I feel more and more, we need to grow spiritually, if we are to regain our country.
I don't mean religion, I mean sense of worth.
We are a nation of depressed, repressed individuals in the USA.
We seem happy on the exterior, but we are dying inside.
This is why Ron Paul at his best has such an impact.
He is able to stir that response.
All that being relative, I love the pause and look at the word "REVOLUTION".
hint.....hint......

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Dr. Paul made one quick mention of the word "psychotic" when describing the current and recently past "American" government policies/actions. I say one could make a similar speech about the (current) PTB while using "psychotic" about 50 times along with as much other clinical-professional terms as possible... like psychopathic, pathological, pathocratic, neurotic etc. The professional diagnoses language is the ONLY effective kind that can possibly (at least eventually) penetrate the public consciousness well enough, and even better if it comes from a doctor (and not necessarily a shrink). We're controlled by major league sick puppies. Case closed.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I think we need to move away from Ron Paul.

While his ideas are great and are what we need. He won't be the one to give them to us.

He will never be in a posistion to act on his words. He will never be President or be on a Presidential Cabinet. Who knows how long he will continue to be in office.

I like Ron Paul as much as the next guy, but I think its time we started to find somebody else.

I hear his son is going to run for office.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Sandro

People need to wake up and start realizing that our country and world are spiraling down a dark road.

You mean the people who keep voting in the same old politician time and time again. The people who love their government freebies, the people who truly feel that government is the answer to everything, the people who feel government is protecting them, the people who believe everything our government says.

No matter what Ron Paul says or how bad you want these people to wake up, IT WILL NOT HAPPEN.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

I disagree entirely.
The message is clear.
It is the message that is important, and as long a DR. Paul is alive, I believe he will continue to deliver that message.
We need to support that type of effort, and add to it, not draw away from it.
I understand where you are coming from though.

[edit on 20/5/2009 by reticledc]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

You mean the people who keep voting in the same old politician time and time again. The people who love their government freebies, the people who truly feel that government is the answer to everything, the people who feel government is protecting them, the people who believe everything our government says. No matter what Ron Paul says or how bad you want these people to wake up, IT WILL NOT HAPPEN.

I disagree Jam. I think it can happen. I have to think it can happen because if I didn't...then what's the point of any of it? Why should I care what happens with the world if I can't hope it can get better?

Why not just submit my will now?

Why bother even caring at all? A change can happen.

Our federal government headed the way California is....more tax revolts will be coming.

More anger is coming. There will be more defectors of BOTH parties.

It will come...it has too.

I have no idea how long it will take..but you know that it's unsustainable....all of us here do.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Well here is the down to earth truth, being laid out in a nutshell and in your face, by that rare and courageous human being, Ron “the man” Paul.

I’m ready to tango, to the bitter end, with our slimy government.

Let the games begin!

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I love the passion of this thread..

I too, want to believe that a real 'shift' can happen, although I'm not terribly optimistic; we know that Ron Paul was never meant to get that nomination (or anything beyond his house seat); he may very well be the appointed 'voice of the opposition', a puppet of the divide and conquer psychology -- but the message is still clear and important; whether or not he is the man makes no difference in the end; the rest has got to be up to us: we need to take the messages that matter, the truths that matter, the ideals and principles that matter, and hoist them as our new flag.. there is no other choice anymore..

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Did I just hear the fine Dr. say, "sudo capitalist, Military Complex and Detroit "?

Why would Detroit be mentioned along with those two? Does DC have bigger plans for the SE Detroit region and it's soon to be unoccupied manufacturing plants(I'm not sure most realize how many plants there are in this area or the size of them)? How coinvenient would that be for Washington and their next Arsenal of Democracy to be able to waltz on in and convert them over for military items. Like in the 40's they are nearly already setup by default to start up military production.

Maybe there's more to this auto industry bankruptcy then meets the eye. Maybe I miss heard him and he didn't say "Detroit" lol. Maybe he did and there's a whole other reason everyone knows about and I just missed it in the MSM lol.

[edit on 20-5-2009 by Tyr Sog]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join