It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing speech by Ron Paul on the House Floor

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I agree with Ron that we need change. We just don't need the Ron Paul type of change. Ron wants the corporations to be completely free from regulation. We are in this spot because of the abuses corporations have bestowed upon the people. Why do we want to give them even more freedom to abuse us? Thats what i don't get about Ron Paul. He is right about then problems, but his solutions do not really solve them. (unless you have a bunch of Capital)

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tyr Sog
Did I just hear the fine Dr. say, "sudo capitalist, Military Complex and Detroit "?

Why would Detroit be mentioned along with those two? Does DC have bigger plans for the SE Detroit region and it's soon to be unoccupied manufacturing plants(I'm not sure most realize how many plants there are in this area or the size of them)? How coinvenient would that be for Washington and their next Arsenal of Democracy to be able to waltz on in and convert them over for military items. Like in the 40's they are nearly already setup by default to start up military production.

Maybe there's more to this auto industry bankruptcy then meets the eye. Maybe I missed heard him and he didn't say "Detroit" lol. Maybe he did and there's a whole other reason everyone knows about . I just missed it in the MSM that I hardly watch lol.

[edit on 20-5-2009 by Tyr Sog]

he said detroit

great speculation there

maybe we are about to descend into some major combat phase of ww3?

thats really scary

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
We need a change.. We need a New World Order.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by disgustedbyhumanity
I agree with Ron that we need change. We just don't need the Ron Paul type of change. Ron wants the corporations to be completely free from regulation. We are in this spot because of the abuses corporations have bestowed upon the people. Why do we want to give them even more freedom to abuse us? Thats what i don't get about Ron Paul. He is right about then problems, but his solutions do not really solve them. (unless you have a bunch of Capital)

nooo you got it wrong tho

the biggest corporations used their vast wealth to buy politicians, then these politicians passed REGULATIONS on ALL CORPORATIONS

But only the Biggest Corporations could survive the expense of the Regulations, and all the small up and coming competitors were defeated by default and they could not operate anymore due to strict regulations

deregulation eliminates the mega corps stranglehold on the market and allows small guys to get in and drive the big guys outta business

thats why Paul wants the govt to stop regulating them, because only major big corps can survive regulations lol

think about it

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by disgustedbyhumanity

Regulations ~ A confusing subject

I understand you being confused on Regulations. I started a thread a while back concerning how the media twists what regulations are about. They pin right vs. left into a battle over absolutely nothing.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Tyr Sog

He mentioned Detroit because they along with the others benefit from big government intervention and its current policies.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I am afraid he uses too many big words for the average dumbed down American.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tyr Sog
Did I just hear the fine Dr. say, "sudo capitalist, Military Complex and Detroit "?

Why would Detroit be mentioned along with those two? Does DC have bigger plans for the SE Detroit region and it's soon to be unoccupied manufacturing plants(I'm not sure most realize how many plants there are in this area or the size of them)? How coinvenient would that be for Washington and their next Arsenal of Democracy to be able to waltz on in and convert them over for military items. Like in the 40's they are nearly already setup by default to start up military production.
[edit on 20-5-2009 by Tyr Sog]

I believe he was referring to the auto industry, not the geographical region. People commonly refer to the American auto industry as Detroit, although that will be a misnomer soon.

You might have a point though about the possible usefulness of the area's manufacturing capability. Would be the quickest way to build an arsenal for a major war. Good thinking, Tyr Sog.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

I am not from the USA, but This guy; Dr. Paul is a great man.

Would have been a great president, but he is too gentleman to be there. IMHO.

He speaks words of wisdom. is he heard ?

He describes the actual situation so brightly, so like the apocalyptical scriptures. Signs of times....I guess.

He is right on every aspects.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I must agree with David’s comment

It's a shame that this will fall on deaf ears. I can only imagine how many Americans would agree with much of what he is saying.

it sure is a shame

good post

[edit on 20/5/2009 by theflashor]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
I think we need to move away from Ron Paul.

While his ideas are great and are what we need. He won't be the one to give them to us.

He will never be in a posistion to act on his words. He will never be President or be on a Presidential Cabinet. Who knows how long he will continue to be in office.

I like Ron Paul as much as the next guy, but I think its time we started to find somebody else.

I hear his son is going to run for office.

You think we need to MOVE AWAY? Someone already answered the "corps buy govn officials who in turn govrn you" delusion you were under, but if you can't offer a better way or a man to follow, then what are you saying?

Aren't you actually saying NOTHING?

Instead aren't you leading people away from action by saying "Let's go find some action" ?

The problem is this man DID and DOES constantly institute change. Do a very simple search for him on here and you'll see many threads on CHANGE he tried lead. People just don't have the balls to follow. Or people are too dumb to follow. Or peopl are too naive to follow. But for the most part, people are in disbelief that an age of axe & stone is right around the corner..

Don't deflect the cause by trying to diminish the strength of leadership this man offers every day. Look more to your brethren and the strength they are hiding out of fear.

Lend strength to your neighbors to face the reality of things and eventually they will want to move with you after being led by Ron Paul ( or someone else you find more worthy to follow)

b

[edit on 20-5-2009 by Bspiracy]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Bspiracy

Slow down keyboard rambo.

I suggested we find someone else with Ron Pauls ideals. Which is why I mentioned his son running for office.

Loosen up the knot on your headband.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

I stand by what i said.. you had horrible advice with no plan of action.

The "headband" and "rambo" comment is a cheap and childish comment and does not compute..

error..

?

b

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

I went to your thread. I agree that we need smart regulation. But the truth is deregulation and the failure to enforce existing regulations got us where we are. And it's not all Bush's fault, Clinton is guilty as well, and Bush 1 and reagan before them. While they may have created more regulation overall, the repealof Glass-Steagal and the lack of regulation in the derivative and financing markets are what created this mess. Perhaps some regulation has hurt small biz, but the lack of regulation has destroyed the economy.

Ron Paul is 100% hands off. The corporations would have more control then they do now and i for one do not think they would use that power in a benevolent manner.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   

I was straight and to the point.

I like what Ron Paul says, I think he will never be in a position to enforce his ideas. He is getting up there in age and we should find another pony to gamble on.

His son is planning on running for office (last I heard) and from what I hear his ideals are just like his father. So we should look to move away from Ron Paul and start looking for someone who could possibly be a running mate for Paul jr(forget his name).

Ron Paul is getting up there in age, no matter how much he is liked he isn't going to live forever.

Obama has 2012 locked in. So we need to look forward to the 2016 elections. You think Ron Paul will be around?

I'm simply looking into the future. You take it how you want. I'm being realistic.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   

His son is planning on running for office (last I heard) and from what I hear his ideals are just like his father. So we should look to move away from Ron Paul and start looking for someone who could possibly be a running mate for Paul jr(forget his name).

So you're saying let's WAIT for later.. things are bad now. you offer bad advice here. We need change now and I'm not reciting the name of this thread.

Obama has 2012 locked in. So we need to look forward to the 2016 elections. You think Ron Paul will be around?

I'm simply looking into the future. You take it how you want. I'm being realistic.

So you give up on Ron paul and say let's wait.. then you say Obama has already won 2012..
It truly feels like your involvement in this thread is to lead people into a further black hole. You are a minion of the darkness.. either guided by guile or honestly blinded and rendered useless to the struggle for freedom of the individual.
good luck in your travels. The men you work for will thank you somehow.

I wonder what you'll get ?

b

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   

LOL

Lets say Ron Paul runs in 2012. He will be 77 by then. That puts him at 81 by the end of his first term, if he wins. Do you honestly think that he has a chance of running AND winning at his age?

One of McCains (I said ONE) biggest disadvantages was his age. Ron Paul is one year older than McCain.

You may not like the fact that Obama will win in 2012, I don't like it either. As of right now there isn't anybody that can run against him. Thats life.

I like Ron Paul. If he was 10 years younger he would probably be our next President. But at his age all we can hope for is that some young Governer or Senator is listening to him.

You can put me down all you want to. You have yet to counter anything I have said. I doubt you would even know how.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
One is unlikely to rebel against a corrupt govt. if it is the hand that feeds them; hence the creation of the Welfare State. Got Check?

In the near future, that check will bounce! You've been 'folked'.

Many pay for their enslavement....one way.....or another.

[edit on 21-5-2009 by Perseus Apex]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   

LOL

You can put me down all you want to. You have yet to counter anything I have said. I doubt you would even know how.

There's nothing to counter.

You offer nothing but despair and false awareness in your message. I see a future you dare not believe in. The "counter" to your message is the positive possibility tucked away in the future. For you the future is where you already live and if you already see a negative then you will by all means live in a negative future.

I choose to live and offer a stronger shared goal with others for the here and now.

This is where we part ways with our argument and allow one another to take the paths we were going to follow before this thread.

b

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Amen Ron Paul!

To bad when you were running for President people
couldnt see the truth you were talking about.

I will never or will ever see a speech from Obama that would
ever touch me like the Ron Paul Speech.

I would love to see the american citizens watch this speech to
see if theres any awakening to whats happening in this country.

Or there still hanging on to that Change Obama promised to bring.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join