It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why would a body like the government disclose ANYTHING?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
It's one of the resonating factors of any discussion about extraterrestrials; the question of disclosure. My question is simple although I'm fairly confident that it has dawned on many of you whom have given a whim of consideration to it. Why would a body of authority, an institution like the government, just disclose information readily and freely to a public? When we live in a world where suspicion and doubt is registered by default towards authority figures (this is aside from the fact that this is a website dedicated to conspiracy theories), why would these institutions undermine their entire existence by admitting what has always been suspecting of them? Who could ever trust a government or any figure of authority with sole knowledge regarding the subject? It is simply illogical to assume and expect this to happen. Considering the ramifications of a nation intentionally withholding technology that could change the face of this Earth, technology that would define geopolitics and the wars (and casualties) as unnecessary; the United States would almost certainly cease to exist in the manner it does. Such an act of self-destruct would be incomprehensible and yet amazingly we are led to believe, and believe we do, that the government have done all they can in protecting this secret for generations. And yet we believe they'll just..."spill the beans"?

What I find personally upsetting is that such expectations are based on mere speculation and just hope for a dream to come true. Despite the fact that there is a new thread here every month declaring the imminent disclosure of information about extraterrestrials, we never seem to adopt a scepticism to question why there is consistent belief in this theory whilst there is a hole in it (above).

Discuss

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
i guess when asking these types of questions its best to remember that the government exists to serve the people ( even thought many politicians think otherwise nowadays )

- i guess if enough public outcry occurs it could force the governments hand, usually following a major event....... aliens landing for example would force disclosure.

unprovoked disclosure doesn't happen, if they can keep it a secret they will.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
In college I learned only about four important things. In Political Science the very first day we were told the First Law of Political Science. It is a government's first duty to protect itself from all threats both from its citizens within and from other governments outside.

If you throw in the only other things worth knowing during those four years, there is the First Law of Economics: Human greed is insatiable. And backing all of that up is a basic understanding--if not law--of psychology: We each operate according to what we conceive to be in our own, best self-interest. Those pretty well sum up human nature and the sorry state of the world. Let the aliens come!

Oh, the fourth thing. I learned I was too dumb to run in the human race.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
just an alien can change the human nature ... if possible ...

we will never know this things

not because is hard to live with

but, because they need to control and gain money and more control ...

you dont need to be smart to realize this

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
It's pretty pointless to even think about it. When it's time, it'll happen. We'll know the truth then.
I don't think it's possible to keep such a big secret hidden forever.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Cagalli

Agreed, as I said in another thread it is impossible to keep it a secret forever. I highly doubt that 200 years from now this will still be a secret.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I was thinking about this the other day.

Even if there WAS disclosure, there would be many, MANY people who would still think the government are lying or keeping something from us. If they tell us Aliens are visiting Earth and have been for a while, think how many millions of questions that would raise, and each and every one of those questions could easily be answered with a lie. Even if they are all answered truthfully, there will always be people who doubt not only about the actual notion of Aliens visiting earth, but their motives, whether they are friendly or not, cattle mutilations, crop circles, how long they have been visiting, abductions, history, ancient cultures, project bluebeam etc etc. So many questions.

It would open a whole new catalogue of conspiricy theories and confusion.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
reply to post by Cagalli

Agreed, as I said in another thread it is impossible to keep it a secret forever. I highly doubt that 200 years from now this will still be a secret.

And yet, this secret has been kept for generations without one atom of speculation and myth being confirmed as factual, with only a handful of people from inside the institution coming forward yet unable to prove without doubt what they claim. If we consider just how many people could be involved in what is claimed to be back-engineering these things, government figures earlier on trying to control the information, for over 50 years and not one piece of evidence has turned up putting the spotlight on the government? It is impossible

And yet look at how many accusations there are against the government today for covering up secrets and even murdering thousands of their own citizens? Roswell - the peak of the subject's interest for many - wasn't even revealed till the 80's. Aliens crash landing, the biggest news in human history, and it is still a myth.

Isn't it fair to say that all we have going for us is purely fuelled by our own personal desires? We try to argue and debate but in reality we have nothing to change the scope of the subject aside from questionable "truths" that ironically lead to nowhere. I am not a sceptic but I feel disheartened that we don't atleast question ourselves. When you look at it from a distance, we seem more ridiculous and baffling than the actual subject!

[edit on 20-5-2009 by Shino]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Any further opinions?

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Shino

National Security is what comes to mind.

The powers that be have no control of extraterrestrial visitations and they feel powerless. I believe those in the loop who know are unsure themselves as to what the real intentions of ET's are. They may have a feel for them but they are always questioning and still wondering knowing how far ahead of us they are, they have zero control over the situation and they are quite frankly scared about it. Now if an ET presence shakes those in power and control what would that knowledge do to the world? I believe it would do far more than anyone of us could possibly imagine, it's not just another headline even though you might feel that's all it is for yourself personally, there are serious consequences of allowing such information out, it would change the entire world and system we have lived in and know forever because of what it means to have a superior advanced race with superior technology than we do that could transform permanently the way we as human beings live.

Everything from transportation, communication, food production, science, philosophy, religion, you name it would be permanently affected if not changed forever. Theories would be solved, questions answered, technology that far surpasses are imaginations introduced that could change our entire world including housing, roads, freeways, stores, energy, employment, military and the list goes on. The governments literally would lose power by introducing such technology and announcing an extraterrestrial presence.

People would expect cures for every disease, food, problems solved world wide. Our understanding of the universe, earth, and all life would change with what knowledge they have to offer. A large majority may not be ready or mentally prepared to handle all that would take place if an official disclosure was ever made. I believe the extraterrestrials are aware of this fact and also have control of such a release. If the extraterrestrials visiting this planet wanted to make their own disclosure it would have happened a long time ago. I believe they have always been watching and this is nothing new but I do believe we have reached a level of consciousness and time of technology that is allowing us greater understanding and possibly preparing us for something to come but not in our near future. I believe that unless an unknown catastrophe or even that is unstoppable is approaching only under these circumstances will the ET's allow a disclosure to happen in order to explain their presence in order for them to intervene and help our world.

I know this may all sound like science fiction to many of you out there but if you only really knew, truth is harder to believe than even a few of your favorite sci-fi movies. The world is so so small yet so so connected and visitations are happening all the time I know this for myself personally just as one may say they know God personally. Gods of all religion are not of this world so in fact extraterrestrial, open your understanding of the word extraterrestrial and do not look for an explanation terrestrial but rather look at how tiny this dinky planet is, then look at all that is out there trillions upon trillions of other planets in this galaxy alone then wonder. If we in our current state of technology were to live another 10,000yrs with no war or disturbances what could we do in that amount of time? Do you think we would have solved faster than light speed travel by then? Only 10,000 yrs of technology at the rate we are going would blow everyone's mind out of the water.

Just look back 100yrs and see all that we accomplished in the last 100yrs, horses were the great automobiles back then, trains, bikes, automobiles, planes, jets, space shuttles, to what's next? Of course what else if not space ships? All of this in 100yrs time let's think 10,000yrs more and where are we?

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthFriendly

The far advanced technology that brings extraterrestrial visitations could be thousands to hundreds of thousands to millions of years ahead of us. The technology gap would have to be beyond anything one can imagine. We can barely travel to our own moon, the ET's that visit this planet come from all over traversing the universe as if it's a highway to us. The technology they bring would be worse than us going back in time to the cavemen and giving them a TV asking them to figure it out or giving them a laptop computer or whatever and asking them to reverse engineer it. Most of the items that black operations work on are incomprehensible even to our top scientists, physicist's, chemist's and so on. The smartest people we have right now in the world are like those cave men or worse when confronted with an object coming from distant worlds. They are biological and alive somehow most of them unlike anything we have on earth or can even understand. They are conscious objects that seem to be alive and understand their duty or task.

Such as your car for instance fixing itself when it breaks down all on it's own, driving somewhere by itself, picking you up when you need it communicating with you and understanding what you need and want. The car is a small comparison to objects unknown and beyond comprehension I believe it would take a caveman a lifetime or more to understand and learn about our world if we spoke the same language explaining it all to them. How much more for the advanced races visiting this planet that are not just thousands of years ahead but some I have learned hundreds of thousands to millions. Teleportation to them is like riding a bicycle.

The universe is there not to be unexplored but explored and I believe it has always been explored by higher intelligence beings and all places visited. It would be nice to go where no man has ever gone before but unfortunately there is no such place at this time and the extraterrestrials visiting this planet which are many by the way have shown us that the galaxy to them is like the solar system to us in which we have not even come close to mastering yet. Someday in our future we will have that capability to visit other planets in our solar system but it may take many thousands of years or more before we will ever reach beyond our own solar system with assistance of ET's.

All I can say is believe it or not.
If you don't you are not alone and in saying
that I meant every word of it you are truly
not alone.

top topics

join