It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police: Man said 30,000 bullets were for target practice

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I know! If you like shooting, YOU LIKE SHOOTING! and do it alot. I absolutely know its not uncommon to burn through over 1k rounds in a single event or competition. Think of the guys with automatic weapons licenses. They can literally burn through 1k of ammo in just a few minutes and I have seen dozens of guns running at the same time, for a few hours at a time.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

Originally posted by RolandBrichter

That sheds a little light on the story...thx..

They'll probably find he has been illegally shipping to the Dom Rep...

So it looks like the person who was selling him the ammo ratted him out.....interesting...

Why make such a comment, when you don't know the truth of the matter yet?

He wasn't an illegal alien, he was about to become citizen of the U.S. but wasn't able to go because he was arrested...

He legally owned 2-3 firearms, and the ammo was for those firearms exactly, not any other, and also he was caught because he was moving, with his two children, some other stuff and the ammo to a new place. He still was under the law, more so when he had 15 days to aquire a permit for his firearms to the new state he was moving to..

[edit on 18-5-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

Who said anything about him being an illegal alien?? Did you read my comments from the beginning of this thread?? Do yourself a favor and read this thread from the beginning...it might enlighten you as to the context of my post...

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
After reading through the rest of the posts I do have to admit that the authorities in this case are completely crossing the line.

Regardless of what that person was, or where he was from, he wasn't breaking any laws. They maybe had probable cause to question him, however to arrest him is beyond absurd.

I only wish police would stop getting this Napolean complex about their jobs and actually do it properly.

~Keeper

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
www.liveleak.com...

watch these ole boys up on knob lick in kentucky.

30k shells is a drop in the hat at what these boy shoot in one night.

and it's LEGAL.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

Very cool video!
and that's what I am talking about, who cares if he had 30k rounds so what!!
I would be more concerned if he had 30k weapons! but this is just ammo for a guy who likes to shoot. Now you all have to be afraid of buying or having bulk ammo and that's a bit skewed don't you think?

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I wish I had 30,000 rounds sitting around. I can't imagine getting in trouble for such a thing. Curses, foiled again!

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
While the liberals are telling us not to worry about new firearms restrictions, THIS happens.

This man has broken no law, he has committed no crime, he's simply doing what 90% of all gun owners are doing at the moment, he's hoarding.

If the authorities believe that he was shipping this ammo overseas, let's see that little thing called EVIDENCE.

Right now what they have is a legitimate gun owner with a lot of ammo.

By those standards I'm also due for arrest.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Let's look at this logically. If the man was planning some crime, then 30,000 rounds is way more than he'd ever get to use in the commission of a crime before he was taken down.

So, I'm leaning towards the target practice or shooting competition theory.

[edit on 5/18/2009 by centurion1211]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Well let me see, I have maybe an unknown number of rounds on hand that number into the thousands, I have also used more than 500 rounds in a single range session.

We have no evidence that this guy has committed a crime, and suggesting that he was shipping ammo to the Dominican Republic simply because that was where he was born smacks of racism. The "Hey you're a Mexican with lots of cash, you must be a drug smuggler" type of police logic.

This stinks.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh
Well let me see, I have maybe an unknown number of rounds on hand that number into the thousands, I have also used more than 500 rounds in a single range session.

We have no evidence that this guy has committed a crime, and suggesting that he was shipping ammo to the Dominican Republic simply because that was where he was born smacks of racism. The "Hey you're a Mexican with lots of cash, you must be a drug smuggler" type of police logic.

This stinks.

Yes, that is what it sounds like to me as well.

I think it's going to get worse than this though. This guy may be made an example of.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Woah, don't start spreading baloney about Canada. There are NO LAWS concerning how much ammunition you can have. Anyone who thinks we don't have our fair share of gun nutz here in the Great White North is very, very ignorant.

btw, 30,000 rounds is NOTHING.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Now I can't get Depeche Mode's "Everything Counts in Large Amounts" out of my head.

Thanks a lot guys!

[edit on 19-5-2009 by fragmatic]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

The competetive shooting season in only two months old and I have already gone through 6.000 rounds for practice and competeing. By Sep;tember of this year I will probably go through another 18-20,000 more. Thats just one season. Its not our fault that cops don't practice enough in Taxachusettes. No wonder it takes them 60+ rounds to take down a gang banger in Boston, They can't shoot!

Zindo

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I own an indoor range in Michigan and getting ammo right now is like pulling teeth. I have several suppliers and between them I am barely able to meet my needs. Go online to the bulk ammo dealers....they don't have any. Go into the stores ......the ammo shelves are empty. without knowing all the facts my guess is that this guy is flipping the ammo. Buying in bulk, jacking up the price, and selling it for a substantial profit. With the current economy and the ammo shortage a lot of people are doing this right now.
Simply people taking advantage of the current situation to turn a buck.Just not that big a deal.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
When the Government is worried about guns and ammo, is when the general public should be worried about the Government...

Remember only free men own guns, the slaves do not...

One box our 3000 boxes of ammo, its none of the Governments buisness, and to hold this man on BS charges with a bail of 500K is false imprisonment and the local/state authorities should be held accountable...

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Want to understand why?

Check out this thread.

Very troublesome ...

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
30,000 rounds just for target practice ....

you would think if he didnt have the hang of it after the first 5000 rounds he would just give up 30,000 rounds now thats persistance and dedication

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by duster
I own an indoor range in Michigan and getting ammo right now is like pulling teeth. I have several suppliers and between them I am barely able to meet my needs. Go online to the bulk ammo dealers....they don't have any. Go into the stores ......the ammo shelves are empty. without knowing all the facts my guess is that this guy is flipping the ammo. Buying in bulk, jacking up the price, and selling it for a substantial profit. With the current economy and the ammo shortage a lot of people are doing this right now.
Simply people taking advantage of the current situation to turn a buck.Just not that big a deal.

Yeah, good point. And if the elite were to do this, no one would be arrested. If the average person wants to turn a profit, the government comes down on him.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
What I'm wondering is what they thought he was going to do with pistol ammunition but target practice, and maybe shooting very small pests. What kind of crime could he commit with those calibers? If they really suspect him of trying to smuggle it back to his home country they need to provide evidence of something besides the fact that he's probably buying ammunition before it gets any more expensive.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join