It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police: Man said 30,000 bullets were for target practice

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
If I had the money and free time, 30k wouldn't last me a month, especially if it were a .22 pistol.

Seriously, the government needs to take a step back and check itself, because government is to people much like religion is to god, "Religion needs a god to exist, god doesn't need religion to exist." Government needs people to exist, we don't need government to exist. The government should consider backing off a bit before it goes pushing around the hand that feeds them, the people.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

It does NOT make a difference if he's a green card holding citizen or not. He still has rights and merely because he's here on a visa does not make him a legal target. He has committed NO crime under any Federal law that I am aware of and I have sold firearms for a living! There will be repercussions over this if this man has the where with all to hire a good lawyer. There was absolutely NO PROBABLE cause stated in the article to warrant the police acting in the manner they did! If he was Dominican, they profiled him because he was dark skinned, other wise there was no obvious reason for investigating him! They screwed the pooch here and I hope they pay for it!

Zindo

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkStormCrow

That is quite a bit of ammunition. Sorry, but target practice? C'mon now.

That can only go so far. What was his profession? Oh yeah, a baker.

Um, the last time I checked, loaves of bread weren't used as clay pigeons.

Hard-tack anyone?

The reason he was nailed, was both the laws being strict where he was moving, as well as that kind of ammunition movement would make any authority figure nervous.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Why is someone keeping track of how much ammunition this guy has anyway. Most like he was reported by someone that saw a black or hispanic looking man buy a whole lot of ammunition. 30,000 isnt that much, I have purchased more than that in the past at a dealer, special ordered more than that in the past also.

[edit on 5/17/2009 by DarkStormCrow]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas
reply to post by DarkStormCrow

No offense, but it really isn't that much....the article is designed to make it sound like he was hauling an armory stockpile with him...designed to scare non-shooters like yourself to quiver in fear and call big brother in to save them

I might ask what the f*** difference does it make to you what he does for a living??

Hard-tack anyone?

Ok, that was pretty good, you got me there

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Law is not contingent upon whether or not the enforcers of it believe the reason he gave for that quantity.

There is more to this story that we do not have.

~Why was he stopped?
~If the ATF is involved there must have been an ongoing investigation.

If there is no more to the story then our rulers have acted in an oppressive maner contradicting the legal possesion of any amount of a legal product. I suspect there is more to this.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by RolandBrichter

I'm glad you got a laugh at my hard-tack comment, but how do you know I don't shoot?

I think you're assuming there.

As far as his career choice, I was referencing that if he is a baker, there's not much call for keeping practiced in the art of shooting, with 30,000 bullets, now is there?

I'm a gun-toting, concealed-weapons permit carrying, American citizen, and while I detest violence, it is not because I am afraid to shoot-to-kill in the least.

I just don't go shooting for anything other than target practice, and self-defense.

Self-defense to me is knowing how to use a weapon, knowing when the proper time to use it is, and knowing the difference between the two as well as knowing when to walk away.

My first three choices as weapons, before I ever pick up my handguns or shotgun, and any other I'm not mentioning here, are my usually intimidating size of being 6'4" and 360 pounds, my voice, and my brain, not necessairly in that order.

Adapt, improvise, and overcome.

[edit on 17-5-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Wow, that's scary. I didnt know they had Illegal possession of ammunition? There is a couple ways to look at this, if he is truly an illegal arms dealer they may have a case.

If it's someone like me and most, that stocked up on ammo after the election we have problems. Most are also keeping their money at home. It seems safer than being in a bank.

I'm not sure those 9mm guns are on Obama's gun ban list.

There is also the idea of racial issues against Mexicans. Either way it sounds like bad news.

On the way home from buying ammo I usually only have about 3 boxes at a time. I hope he had a reciept of purchase from the day in question.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

I wasn't stating that as my opinion, I'm stating that is they're reasoning for stopping him.

It's complete BS I will agree, but in the eyes of a cop in today's society they think they have all the right to do these things.

Jebus, let's take a breather folks...

~Keeper

[edit on 5/17/2009 by tothetenthpower]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by johnnyflip

Hey calm down friend, that's not MY opinion, it's THEY'RE reasoning for stopping him.

as stated above, totally stupid BS charge to be brought up on and the poor guy probably won't be a citizen for a little bit now.

But if he hasn't commited a crime, then it's just a hassle and paperwork for him, he'll be out in no time unless the police force screws him hard.

~Keeper

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I agree 30,000 rounds may sound like alot to someone who does no shooting, but i can remember a few times when my uncle could order and sell guns and ammo there where palets of 100,000 to 300,000 rounds of 7.62x39 ammo that we would get for our AK's and SKS. I guess that we would usually split that between 3 or 4 people but still. Plus alot of people buy ammo and sit on it for. times like this when you cant find any type of caliber on the shelves.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Ok, I may have jumped to conclusions a bit, but in many of the practical shooting courses that we run ( 3 to 5 day intensive sessions) we ask that the students bring 10K of ammo, just to be safe....granted, we do ALOT of shooting, but that's what they're paying us for...to learn to survive in a real world situation...so I guess that amount just doesn't strike me as being extraordinary by any means....I still don't think his profession has any bearing to the story, though...

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
30K isn't really that much, I have a third of that in .308 alone... if I had a .223 I'd probably have 10-20K of that too.

I do think that there is more to this though, and I'm sure we'll hear more in time... but from what I'm reading now, which isn't very detailed, they had no right to arrest this guy.

Have to wait and see how this pans out...

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   

The prosecutor said all of the bullets seized from Garcia were for .38-caliber, 9 mm and .22-caliber firearms. Such ammunition is "like gold in the Dominican Republic," he said. Holland said Reynoso told police he had "a shipping type of business" and that the $25,000 in cash must have come from Garcia cashing a business check.

Hmmm, I'm gonna put 2 and 2 together here and put this out there. Maybe Garcia was using his common law wife's "shipping type of business" to sell the 30k rounds of ammunition to the Dominican Republic.

[edit on 17-5-2009 by METACOMET]

[edit on 17-5-2009 by METACOMET]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by XTexan
I do think that there is more to this though, and I'm sure we'll hear more in time... but from what I'm reading now, which isn't very detailed, they had no right to arrest this guy.

Have to wait and see how this pans out...

I'll bet you're right....as bad as the BATF is, I just can't fathom them stepping on their d**ks like this...

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
well 30k aint that much , since here where i live you have to apply for bullets each time from the police if your gonna buy new ones and they usualy ask you if its " enough ".

lets say you target practice 4-5 days aweek and atain competitions that ammount wouldent even last throu the half summer ,

whats funny about the article is that you all live under the same flag and and one would asume under same fundamental laws , but as the arcticle sais , even disagreement is common within "one paranoid nation under god "

300k-600k bullets would have been flirting with the word "stocking"

seriously , the ones behind this nonsence are leaders who hunt in closed compounds , failed the army course, dont even own weapons much less ever handeled one,

asking thouse people about guns and what to do with em is much like putting a 4 year old infront of a college class and ask her to lecture them about 12 century arcitecture, just silly.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by RolandBrichter

If he's not a US Citizen then I agree 100% with the charges filed against him.
If he where a US Citizen, I would consider the charges highly unconstitutional.. Are there actual regulations regarding how much ammo you can have?

MBF

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   

My first three choices as weapons, before I ever pick up my handguns or shotgun, and any other I'm not mentioning here, are my usually intimidating size of being 6'4" and 360 pounds, my voice, and my brain, not necessairly in that order.

I'm only 5'4" and people your size think they can run right over me. I have a concealed-weapons permit, but have never taken it out. One time I did lean over a desk and scared the heck out of a guy that is 6'9". I guess he thought that somebody my size is supposed to be scared of him. He learned different.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   

well dude you need to go to ar15.com . there must be a LOT of law enforcement people that are very, very nervous.

what was he gonna do,rob a bank? it only takes a full mag to do that. unles he was gonna throw the boxes at the tellers

no law broken,police are wrong. they should pay.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by MBF

I'm only 5'4" and people your size think they can run right over me. I have a concealed-weapons permit, but have never taken it out. One time I did lean over a desk and scared the heck out of a guy that is 6'9". I guess he thought that somebody my size is supposed to be scared of him. He learned different.

I never assume I can run over anyone, as I said, usually intimidating size.

And I've come up against all size types, 7'1" to 5 foot nothing, it's not always my size that makes people back down, as I stated there quite clearly, it's my choice of words as well as my brain in the combination of what words I choose to come out of my mouth.

I do not tend to run over anyone, I was stating only the fact that I choose not to draw a weapon first.

I am in fact a bully-buster. This means I choose to deal with things differently than most.

I've shut down bullies in my lifetime, with Goliath complexes, and Napoleon complexes, and every type inbetween, professionally within the confines of office-politics, as well as outside the confines of normal channels.

I even made up and sent this text message, to show my sense of humor, via my cell phone and all my friends got a kick out of it because they know how I am about dealing with bullies.

New Business Idea!

Coup-In-A-Box : Need a leader deposed? Need to stop a leader from being deposed? Need to quell a rebellion? Need to fuel a rebellion to be able to enable Martial Law? Just call 1-800-THERMOPYLAE or 1-800-ALLHAILCAESAR and Coup-In-A-Box will drop an expertly trained Spartan or Roman in the hotzone in a PODS box filled with AK-47's or food supplies for a 1/3 of your rebel army! Ask about our ruthless dictator specials!!!

Now, back to your originally scheduled nonsense about 30,000 bullets.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join