It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police: Man said 30,000 bullets were for target practice

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:
MBF

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas

I never assume I can run over anyone, as I said, usually intimidating size.

I do not tend to run over anyone, I was stating only the fact that I choose not to draw a weapon first.

I am in fact a bully-buster. This means I choose to deal with things differently than most.

I am very glad that you are that kind of person. I think that the gun should be the last resort. Some bullies push people over the edge and need to be put in their place. I have a relative that killed a bully. He only spent 2 years in prison. The judge gave him 2 years for the killing and 5 years for using a gun. When the sentence was read, the judge told him that he should appeal the decision. Might have had something to do with about half of the jury eating at the steakhouse with the victims family during the trial.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
buying 20,000 rounds at once is pretty ridiculous.

i didnt know that noncitizens could even own guns.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
30k rounds is nothing. I dont know who made that judgement call but he/she is a total idiot. Now I'm waiting for the news to say "this is perfect example why we need to restrict the amount of ammo each person can have or buy within certain period of time".

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   
hey he has his right to bear arms cops just need to quit and then we would have a peaceful world

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by RolandBrichter

Well that does make a difference friend.

Not being a US citizen means he's subject to harsher laws and more scrutiny, that is probable cause it's not bull#.

I agree that any American citizen with such ammounts of ammo should be left alone, however, somebody from another country on a guest VISA, would have alot of explaining to do.

I can't disagree with the police on stopping and questioning him, I apologize, he's a foreigner and you never know.

~Keeper

Correct.

The point is, he obtained both ammo and weapons illegally. The volume of ammunition IMO is irrelevent, although that is not the case for the MSM.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkStormCrow

Now this, is more than likely one of the reasons they were so hard on that man.

Critics Deride Bill Designed to Keep Weapons Out of Terrorists' Hands

In light of him being a foreigner, and the excuse of using the bullets for "target practice", and the face that gun-laws are being attacked, like ravenous dogs attacking fresh meat.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by billybobh3

Incorrect persons with visa and green cards can obtain weapons in the United States, provided the provide all correct documentation. There are no laws that require any ID requirements other than for age for the purchase of ammunition.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Rut Ro it looks like this fellow did do a bad thing.

Police: Haverhill man tried to purchase 55,000 rounds of ammunition

"The investigation revealed that Garcia, who had driver's licenses in both Massachusetts and New Hampshire, recently displayed a large sum of cash in an effort to purchase 55,000 rounds of ammunition in New Hampshire," O'Connell said.

Not looking goood for this fellow The will get him for falsafying a 4473 and then they will get him for having firearms and ammunition in Massachusetts which he is not licensed for.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   

That sheds a little light on the story...thx..

They'll probably find he has been illegally shipping to the Dom Rep...

So it looks like the person who was selling him the ammo ratted him out.....interesting...

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by RolandBrichter

So it looks like the person who was selling him the ammo ratted him out.....interesting...

Yes, but stuff like this will be used to pass laws against the rest of us to limit our rights. Messed up.

Plus, we only have their word that he was doing these things. What if they're lying to get folks riled up?

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jessicamsa

Yes, but stuff like this will be used to pass laws against the rest of us to limit our rights. Messed up.

Plus, we only have their word that he was doing these things. What if they're lying to get folks riled up?

Well, I'm pretty familiar with the BATF, and they haven't quite reached Imperial Stormtrooper status quite yet, (at least with the business we're in) but yes, I agree, we must keep a vigilant eye out for abuse...

[edit on 18-5-2009 by RolandBrichter]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
with a couple barrells, shear and some drums, you could spend those rounds in a few hours

I would think authorities would have better things to do than count rounds.

It is sad when the laws apply de facto at the arbitrary whims of those who disobey them.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
That reminds me of a joke.

Guy goes into a gun shot and says to the guy behind the counter, "Hi. I need me a gun. I'm gonna be shooting some cans."

The shopkeeper says, "Sure we have a nice 22 here. Great for target practice and shooting cans."

Guy says, "I think I need something bigger. I'm shooting cans!"

Shopkeeper scratches his head and shows the guy a 38, "Here's a 38. Even better for target practice and hitting cans."

Guy looks at the shopkeeper and says, "I'm thinking that's not big enough. I'm gonna be shotting cans!"

The shopkeeper, annoyedly, grabs a 40 caliber dessert eagle and shows it to the guy, "This is a 40 cal dessert eagle. This will blow away any can you can shoot at."

The guy looks dubiously at the shopkeeper, "I don't know man..... I'm shooting cans!"

Finally frustrated the shopkeeper asks, "What sort of cans can you possibly be shooting at that you would need a bigger gun?!"

The guy says, "You know CANS! Puerto Ricans, Mexicans, South Americans..."

I certainly hope that this guy wasn't going to use that ammo for this sort of target practice.
And while yeah i can undestand wanting all that ammo. I'd still be suspicious if you had it without a very good reason.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by LAUGHING-CAT
The connection between 2nd amm and hunting is non-existing.

They can always get us through ammo, because what is a gun without ammo, or with only a limited ammount? More so since the gun-grabbers are trying to code bullets, and limit how much ammo people can buy.

Yes, infringing on ammo, is an infringiment on our Second Ammendment right.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by RolandBrichter

Why make such a comment, when you don't know the truth of the matter yet?

He wasn't an illegal alien, he was about to become citizen of the U.S. but wasn't able to go because he was arrested...

He legally owned 2-3 firearms, and the ammo was for those firearms exactly, not any other, and also he was caught because he was moving, with his two children, some other stuff and the ammo to a new place. He still was under the law, more so when he had 15 days to aquire a permit for his firearms to the new state he was moving to..

[edit on 18-5-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
If he used a moving company or a common shipper to transport the ammo across a state line with the amount of ammo he may have violated DOT hazardous material shipping rules.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by waterdoctor
If he used a moving company or a common shipper to transport the ammo across a state line with the amount of ammo he may have violated DOT hazardous material shipping rules.

He had the 10,000 rounds in his car, which he was moving with his two children, and probably some other stuff he was moving.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
This is IMO complete crap. Poor guy wtf YOU HAVE TO MUCH AMMO TOO JAIL WITH YOU!! WTF????
I think that is a lot of ammo but who's business is it but his? Give me a break this is just setting a prescience. I hope I don't start seeing people who buy bulk ammo getting Jailed just because this disgusts me

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I don't care if this guy had a Million rounds of ammunition. It is his right! If their is a law against it, it is an Illegal Law.

The persecutor obviously is educated far beyond his intelligence to think that their is no way this man could use this amount for target practice.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
i can do 4-5k in one sitting lol.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join