It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dimensional Portals Opening? Vegetarians Disappearing After Hearing Voices? Are You Hearing Voices?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
TPTB simply vanish? YES PLEASE!

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
This is curious.

I experienced a "voice" that called my name once at the restroom when I was a teenager. I was home alone and I swear that nobody was around. It surprised me so much that I jumped. This degree of surprise never happened to me before. After that happened, I dreaded going home from school for about a week. Thankfully it never happened again.

I'm not a vegetarian.

There are things in life that I'd rather live without like the aforementioned voice or anything paranormal for that matter.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I've heard what you could say were voices, from a young age.. they were more telepathic though, i.e. an idea or thought in my head from another entity.. I highly doubt they would have to do with diet, however for me, it has always happened when in an highly emotional state.

I've never seen portals, but these episodes can and have changed the shape and scale, so to speak of my environment.

don't worry though I'm extremely skeptical myself >.<

[edit on 17-5-2009 by Aesthetic]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I just heard a voice last night. I woke up at 3am, and went to the bathroom. While in there, I heard someone say something along the lines of 'hey in there..' or something. I'd thought it was one of my kids, but at 3 am? I walked thru the house and nothing was stirring. I've never heard anything like this before. In fact I woke my son up and told him about it. After that I laid it to rest.. til I read this thread this evening.

Not a vegetarian really, Not a voracious meat eater either. But anyway, thought I'd throw that in the mix.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

First off , thanks for all your wonderful posts.
Secondly... ( at fist it didn't seem relevant to me either ) but has any of the people who have been hearing this "voice" reported spontaneous quitting of bad habits

I only ask this because on feb 12, 2009 in the late evening. I just quit smoking, outta the blue i just up and did it and haven't looked back. Now I am finding myself looking a lot into becoming a vegetarian ( this ones hard because the family and I all like to eat meat). I cant say that i've heard voices since quitting smoking but my thoughts have been more directed towards spiritual things.

So when I saw this post my curiosity peaked.

[edit on 17-5-2009 by MonoChromeWrayth]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
The voices you are hearing in my opinion are just the thoughts of others. It's a telepathic bridge you are making with human consciousness on a whole.

Here's my method to 'hear voices'

1.) close your eyes and sit or lay down in a quiet spot with no noise.

2.) focus on that humming/high freq sound in your ears (people call it tinnitus aka ringing in the ears). I use this as my own personal meditation technique.

3.) Keep focusing on that sound and stay on it... get deeper within the ringing in your ears.

4.) Soon enough you will hear voices.. random words... that come and go. I've heard a loud AHH, someone saying something in a foreign language, and a female voice saying 'GOODBYE'.

Yes, this sounds a bit crazy but I discovered this a while back when meditating.. I got it to work about 50-60% of the time (sometimes I would just fall asleep..: /)

Post back with results!

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
After reading some more of this thread and the article, I was reminded of a song by The Alan Parson's Project called "the Voice"
The lyrics are:

It's almost a feeling you can touch in the air
You look all around you but nobody's there
It's been a long time now since you've been aware
That someone is watching you (he's gonna get you)

Sooner or later when your big chances come
You'll look for the catches but there will be none
Remember before you grab the money and run

Jumping at shadows that come up from behind
Scared of the darkness that's there in your mind
You're frightened to move because of what you might find

Before you run and hide
He's gonna get you
You got no choice
Because you can't escape the voice

Here is a link to the youtube video.
www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
On the vegetarian connection...is it possible it's not vegetarianism but the elimination of other things that might be more common when becoming vegetarian (e.g. a healthier diet in general?)

Fluoride
Aspartame
Other artificial ingredients found in processed foods?

Some of these things could be used to hold us back spiritually, eliminating the suppressive ingredients might just be allowing the mind to work how its supposed to.

Just a thought, other links might exist.

delius

[edit on 18-5-2009 by delius]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
this thread seems to have elicited a number of common responses. Personally I have experienced similar events on and off for the last two years or so. I eat very little red meat (maybe 2-3 times a year now) eat chicken occasionally but eat fish quite regulary, at least once every two days. I also take spirulina which is a great supplement for essential vitamins etc.

Specifically, I have phases where just prior to waking or during early morning I hear what sound like conversations being spoken or tracts of information being "read" to me. It always sounds like a radio show or similar. During the event I understand some of the content, but as soon as I am awake I can never remember it. Sometimes it strikes me that somebody is trying to communicate something specifically with me, other times it just seems to be snippets of information with no real purpose or meaning. I have had not had any waking occurrences of this nor any other similar incidences. I sleep next to a clock radio, I disconnected this and moved it to another room as I thought somehow I was "channelling" some form of transmission from this device but the "radio show" continued anyway. As mentioned it seems to occur in specific blocks over a period of days then nothing for weeks between.

Based on some of the interesting information discussed here regarding the 7.8 mhz frequency range, does anyone find it interesting that this is the same spectrum utilised for DVB-T MPEG2 transmissions? Without being an expert on this area its very possible transmissions on this frequency may permeate areas of the human subconscious in ways we are currently unaware of, generating experiences like mine described above.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
i'd say this thread is the ultimate (unscientific) proof that people in a very relaxed state (while using the restroom at 3am, before falling asleep, when doing routine work) tend to hear voices or noises that the brain interprets as voices.

i mean as long as you're not engaging in a dialogue and get to talk to yourself speaking out loud you should be OK.

nothing to see here... move on

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I am not so sure about this, could they be disappearing into tornado's or something? I'm not to sure if I believe that portals could just open up and suck us into them and we are gone...

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Okay, I'm completely fine with the theory of people disappearing and stuff considering that, as absurd as it sounds, it is possible. It's important to keep an open mind until all the facts have been gathered, enough time has passed, and some experiments are done. Only then can people begin to form opinions.

But really, did you have to bring up that webbot nonsense? I remember being on your side, questioningall, when you made that original topic about the webbot (which was basically your pinnacle moment propelling you into the ATS spotlight), defending you and saying that you should be given a chance. When the webbot predicting turned out to be completely incorrect, everybody moved on. The webbot prediction was wrong. There is no disputing that. This theory of disappearing people is very interesting; you don't need to play off of the "webbot seed" in order for people to listen.

My only explanation for the vegetarian thing is that I've heard theories that aliens like to check up on humans to due a sort of inspection on the evolution of human DNA. Perhaps the recent "abduction" of vegetarians, if it has really happened, means the aliens are doing a check-up to see if vegetarianism has any effect on any aspects of a human. Or maybe it's the government, who knows.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Nope, no vegetables have been talking to me yet. I even watered them tonight!

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I heard voices when i was very ill form drugs the doctor gave me. One of the side effects were paralysis to which i had out of body experiences. One time i was paralysed and heard and woman and mans voice. They said "hello, my name and then started laughing together." I did not like the experience. So i would definately try not to travel through a portal.
When i started a raw vegan diet i cured most of my health and did not hear the voices again. So i find it odd that vegetarians are having these experiences.

Vegetarian diets are nto as pure as the raw diets. As they still eat cooked food ladden with fats and oils and lots of pastries and still have eggs and milk. On top of that they can still suffer many diseases as the SAD(standard American diet).

The raw diet consists of eating fruit, veggies, nuts, seeds, sprouts, herbs, greens in raw state nothing is cooked. Just ans nature intended. The Paradise diet.

[edit on 18-5-2009 by Applesandoranges]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

I already made mention of Tofu, but was just brushed aside because it didn't fit in with the Chosen one idea of how spiritually aware vegitarians are.
history reminder, not all vegitarians are nice people

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
For what it's worth... a few things.

1. I have experimented with vegetarian/omnivorous diets before, and they have direct impact on my ability to sense things. I have developed my senses over some time, yet diet has a huge effect. For some time now I have been rather omnivorous, as I haven't had a "need" to work that strongly on the subtle levels. I still have my abilities, however, they just are not as pronounced.

2. I'm in the process of teaching myself Latin. I've been wanting to do this for some time. I'm not sure why, but for one the latin in the language around me just starts to pop out to me so much more now than ever before.

3. I don't often dream these days. I'm prone to have a beer before going to sleep, and a side effect of this is that I don't remember any dreams or experience them as consciously as if I'm watching my diet.

So here's the punchline. Lately I've been having these dreams that are immensely vivid, and there are many people in them. Typically people I know or have known . In some instances they are crying.

Now I've started to hear latin in my dreams. Although I'm sure it's because I am studying it... it's seemed rather odd to me, as if it is another voice saying it.

I'll def pay more attention from here on out...

I've had the "knowledge and conversation of the Holy Guardian Angel" for some time now, my consciousness became aware of this during the summer of 2001, and I'm thinking that perhaps something about our current galactic environment might have something to do with this phenomena and peoples realization of it... I have no idea about the disappearances though...

I do recall however that tinnitus is also a symptom when people claim that Kundulini turns on

[edit on 18-5-2009 by HunkaHunka]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Vegetarianism is the diet of ascension. "Opening portals" is the beginnings of the act of ascending. Or so the belief is.

Most, if not all, true mystics, Hindu swamis, spiritually advanced individuals are vegetarians.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
All I can say is, that I have been hearing voices on and off since I was 15, they have become more frequent recently, some clearer then others. Heck, I am actually surprised by this topic, considering I just had a conversation with my mom about it.... And she usually doesn't speak up about these things... And I must say, before anyone asks (or even feels like asking) I'm not vegetarian, I love steak to much to be one.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte
Vegetarianism is the diet of ascension. "Opening portals" is the beginnings of the act of ascending. Or so the belief is.

Most, if not all, true mystics, Hindu swamis, spiritually advanced individuals are vegetarians.

So was Hitler.

Just sayin...

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Hitler was never vegetarian he went on the vegetarian diet as adivce form his doctor to get rid of his sweatiness and flutulence. he was an occasional vegetarian. This propaganda has been going around to keep people in carnal mind.

tafkac.org...

Genesis 1:29
And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

www.hacres.com...

[edit on 18-5-2009 by Applesandoranges]

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join